• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 25, 2020

    LoL Guide Champion Pool Megathread: January

    LoL Guide Champion Pool Megathread: January


    Champion Pool Megathread: January

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 01:33 PM PST

    If you need help with your champion pool, feel free to comment in this thread. Be sure to help out others by answering questions as well!


    There have always been lots of posts on /r/summonerschool asking for help with champion pools. Many of these posts amount to nothing more than "What champion will carry me?" while others are more detailed, such as "I am good at __this__, what should I play if I want to do __that__?"

    Ultimately, the only champion that can carry you is the one you are good at, and you get good by practicing. But some people have more success with some play styles than others. If you can't figure out your strengths and weaknesses, look no farther!

    If you have any questions about rounding out your champion pool or identifying your strengths and weaknesses, post a question! Feel free to include your summoner profile if you wish. Remember that the more detailed questions will get more fulfilling answers.


    Here are some guidelines for posting in this thread. You don't have to answer these questions, these are just for you to think about. Instead of just saying what champions you play, consider telling us:

    1. What are you looking for help with?

    2. Who do you currently play?

    3. Why do you play them?

    4. How do you play them? What is your playstyle? What role do they fulfill?

    5. What are you good at? What do you want to be good at?


    Also be sure to check out websites like www.u.gg and www.op.gg to add some statistical basis to your judgements.

    Have you thought deeply about your champion pool? Still can't figure it out? Great! We are here to help. Comment below and let us know what you're thinking.

    submitted by /u/Caedei
    [link] [comments]

    My girlfriend who is new to league keeps getting destroyed in ranked and in normals. I don't know how i can help her.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 11:10 AM PST

    It's actually very disheartening to see. Recently she got into it ( just reached level 35) and to start off, i've created a new account to play normals with her. She has barely touched video games prior to that, but i was surprised how quickly she got the hang of the mechanics and the basic concepts i've taught her like warding, last-hitting, objective control, watching the minimap etc.

    I think playing with her from the very start helped her to grasp the game, but i quickly bumped us up into smurf elo by accident, where the game has become progressively harder for her. I've suggested to grind it out until 30, where she can play ranked by herself and get placed to her true elo, where she can play against people on her level.

    She placed in iron 1 with 5 wins and 5 losses, and is currently playing against high iron - low bronze players. Her current winrate is 6W-16L, which is disheartening to see. Out of last 15 games she won 1, with a score of 0/5/1. I won't be able to play for the next 3 weeks, but i've been watching her attempts on op.gg and it seems like she is getting absolutely stomped even in iron, which supposed to be elo with lots of new players.

    When i've played together with her i've noticed that the biggest problem she has is knowing where to position herself, when she can be offensive and vice versa. As result, she is scared of feeding the enemy team and always plays extremely passively, often starting to panic and run back as soon as fight begins, even on someone like Leona.

    She gets somewhat more confident when i tell her what to do, and sometimes we manage to win fights, but it seems like she is very hesitant to be offensive, even if it's literally a free kill (her being full hp with both summoners being afraid to go in on a 2 bars of hp janna).

    Do you have any tips or ideas how she can overcome that?

    submitted by /u/BOOB_PIC_CUSTOMS
    [link] [comments]

    If I don't have to leash my jungler as an ADC, how can i get the best advantage with the first wave?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 10:37 PM PST

    Hi all, currently silver budding Xayah one trick here.

    Some games when I have a Shaco / Ivern / Kayn they usually start other camps or just straight up do not need a leash. I was wondering what you can do with the first wave in order to get the biggest advantage from not helping your jungler.

    Many thanks.

    submitted by /u/pothead_on_a_walk
    [link] [comments]

    I’d like to get to know the game way better! Mainly for my boyfriend :)

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 03:01 PM PST

    So my boyfriend is the cutest possible nerd in the planet. He LOVES getting me into games that he enjoys, which includes League! Which brings me to my point- I wanna get to know the game better, for him!

    I know nothing besides point & shoot at the other team really. I love playing Miss Fortune, but I know that there should be strategies to playing. Lanes, jungling, etc. My boyfriend has told me that it's actually quite a strategic game and I can't quite see it myself. I'd ask my boyfriend to go more in depth with me, but I'm stubborn and I like to surprise him!

    So if anyone could help me learn the basics of strategy in the game and a better way to play in general, I'd love that!

    submitted by /u/nebulancearts
    [link] [comments]

    Why does LS say you should never get boots on Ornn when either behind or ahead?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 10:11 AM PST

    EDIT: Someone found the answer https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/comments/etu8bk/why_does_ls_say_you_should_never_get_boots_on/ffisxe9/

    https://youtu.be/gkwqc0L116c?t=476

    LS says that if you're super far ahead or you're "defensive", you shouldn't get boots, and that you should only get boots when you're even.

    Why? I mean, I can guess why if you're behind, you wouldn't want boots.

    I assume boots are less tanky than actual tank items, so the movement speed isn't useful if you just get one-shot.

    But why would you not want boots when you're ahead? I feel like boots is just super necessary for rotations and just positioning. You're so slow without boots.


    (Side note: In this scenario, Sanchovies has Magical Footwear on Ornn, so I assume that when LS says "get boots," he means "upgrade boots")

    submitted by /u/WizardXZDYoutube
    [link] [comments]

    Should you always build anti healing on certain champs or only for them having certain builds.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 12:20 PM PST

    I told everyone on my team to build GW for the super fed aatrox and they called me retarded and that he was building hp so I didn't matter. Is it true that it doesn't matter or for people who heal continuously should I just go ahead and build GW anyway?

    He healed off everything we did so I thought it was the best play but got flammed to oblivion and that "your opinion doesn't matter since your rank is too low"

    For champs I mean Aatrox, vlad, senna, etc.

    submitted by /u/ChickenTendee
    [link] [comments]

    How do I make the habit of looking at the minimap and elaborating the information?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 08:55 AM PST

    Gold adc trying to work on separate aspects of my game, currently working on map awareness. I've tried setting a metronome every few seconds, or forcing myself to check the map after every cs. But no matter what, the time will come where I focus on the enemy support/my cs/what my support is doing and I'll completely lose any information I previously had in my head. It also feels like I'm not translating the information I see into good decisions, for example backing off if I see the enemy mid is mia, or whatever. Mid/late goes a little better, even if my mind shuts down as soon as I think a fight might break out.

    Long story short, as soon as I'm not simply last hitting, I stop looking at the map or I stop processing the information I see. How can I work on this?

    submitted by /u/spara_94
    [link] [comments]

    S9 Jungle Meta vs S10 Jungle Meta

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 06:21 AM PST

    I made a summary of the changes from S9 Jungle to S10 Jungle just to make sure I've gotten everything down.

    I think most of us have changed our playstyles to adjust to the new meta, or maybe switched to playing a different champion or even quit the role altogether. I think this thread could be helpful for players that haven't been able to adjust to the changes yet, players that are coming back from a break, aspiring jungle mains and of course, autofills. I'd like to learn how other jungle mains have adjusted to the changes and hear your opinions on the subject, as well as how you adjusted your gameplay so please feel free to discuss the subject :D

    Anyway, if you asked me, I would say that in S9:

    Objectives: In season 9, Dragons were decent buffs to your team, Infernals being the strongest. The most important to the least in order would be Infernal -> Mountain/Ocean -> Cloud(Borderline useless). Rift Herald was pretty good for snowballing champions. Elder Dragons were strong.

    Camps: Pretty much was imbalanced and made the role OP(according to Hashinshin). Catch up experience let you gank a lot. Gromp was useless. Red buff side had more value than blue buff side.

    Ganking: As mentioned above, catch up XP let you set up a tent in one lane. If the champion could scale well and gank well, you could play them in the jungle.

    In comparison, S10:

    Objectives: Rift herald is slightly weaker due to the %health nerf and is overshadwed by the Dragon buffs. Getting Four consecutive dragons gives you the dragon soul. They're all strong except Cloud Soul on low impact ults. Since dragons are gamechanging, early game junglers thrive since they can go for early skirmishes and take all 4. Bonus points if they have good waveclear and ganks like Olaf or Ekko.

    Camps: Catch up exp is removed. You shouldn't be playing champions with slow clears. Gromp is good, if your champ has bad AOE clears you're going to waste too much time farming krugs. If you mess up your pathing you can get underleveled extremely easily.

    Ganking: Jungle camps are nerfed, so if you gank a lot you need to tax waves to keep up with exp. AND MAKE SURE TO SUCCEED. Failing one or two ganks can give the enemy jungler a huge lead. If you die 3 times the game might as well be over already. If you get your teammates ahead, you'll probably win the game by having prio for drags. But by failing too many ganks or neglecting to farm, you're throwing REALLY hard. Enemy Jungler will take all of your camps and will be a level or two above you.

    Basically I think the role is a lot more snowbally due to catch up exp nerfs and dragon buffs. This in turn makes the game itself more snowbally as well. This is my take on the current meta, what do you all think?

    submitted by /u/BenjaHwang
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to try double jungle with my premade group of 5.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 06:28 AM PST

    The plan would be to go double-jungle instead of having a bot/supp. My general logic is that junglers get decent gold but shit exp right now, and camps respawn really quickly. As a duo you just invade the shit out of the enemy jungler and take as much as you can. This puts the enemy jungler out of the game completely. You can also double gank and grab lane minions in bot to catchup on exp, then use doublesmite to secure dragons/herald/baron. Im hoping in upcoming patches the jungle xp will be increased thus making this more viable after some practice :)

    I'm thinking you could put your ADC mid and have a safe tank in bot, like a Sion or Ornn. Alternatively you could have like an Ezreal bot and you just gank for him a lot. Toplane would be a normal bruiser or solo laner.

    I understand this isn't Meta and would only play it in normals with friends and not put any random through it. What junglers do you think would work well together to make this work? What solo laners can 1v2 in bot well?

    submitted by /u/IAMA_llAMA_AMA
    [link] [comments]

    How yo CS under hard matchups?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 09:09 AM PST

    Not sure id this has been asked before but..

    I am not new ro League but I am deffinitly not the top of the food chain. Something ive never beem able to figure out is how to CS properly under heavy poke or difficult match ups.

    I am currently Bronze 4 and i usually play Kayle and Katarina Mid. I usuallt have a tough time with heavy poke champs like Lux or Ahri, so how can I stay up I cs when the enemy champ is poking me out of lane or play aggresivly ?

    Edit: spelling

    submitted by /u/Couchy28
    [link] [comments]

    A question about jungling, and playing around your winning lane/s.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 07:40 AM PST

    Context: I am a B1 jungler. I played casually in S4 and S5 and am trying to play more seriously this season. One-tricking Jarvan to focus my attention on macro.

    I hear that I should always play around my winning lanes, and push the advantages that are already in my favour. My issue comes with gankability of my winning lane/s. Say my mid lane is winning, while top and bot are losing. Generally, mid is going to be more pushed up than top or bot. Yes, mid will probably have level leads, item leads, maybe a big minion wave (which all help in ganks, esp. early game) but I find it hard to gank if my teammate is really pushed up, unless we can one-shot the enemy laner. I want to allow my laner to snowball further, but it means I sometimes have to dive with them, and in B1, it's extremely rare that I can pull off a good dive (friendly laner hesitates even when I ping, etc.).

    Any advice on how I should play, macro or micro-wise, in a game state where I have both losing and winning lanes? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/cyanide117
    [link] [comments]

    Blitz's E knocks up targets to a slightly different, random location

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 02:47 AM PST

    Hello,

    Last night I played as Caitlyn with a support Blitzcrank. He hooked the enemy support and used his E to knock him up while I put a trap underneath. But somehow, the Leona he hooked moved mid-air - slightly to the left - and didn't trigger the trap. I played around with the practice tool, and it turns out Blitz's E always knocks up target to a different location, not just in the air.

    Has this always been a thing? Is there any way to predict where the knocked champion is going to drift? I know it seems like a super small thing, but as a Cait main it's a bit annoying :D

    Thanks guys in advance.

    submitted by /u/OdeyYongDae
    [link] [comments]

    Learning kayn !

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 12:24 PM PST

    Learning Kayn

    I'm currently trying to learn kayn and I could use any tips that you guys have , with pathing and what to build and stuff , also when is usually a good level to start ganking ? Any help is appreciated! Currently lvl 35 bronze 2 flex ranked , and I'm unranked in solo/duo . I'd say I'm still a little new to the game but I've been grinding A LOT to try to get better

    submitted by /u/TimothyPoggers
    [link] [comments]

    Am I starting to see the light?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 09:49 AM PST

    I'm a gold orianna player, and I got to thinking "so like what if I actually tried to use my minions against the enemy?" So I queued up for a norm, and got put against a diana. I know that at level 3 she out trade me pretty hard and I can't retaliate much. So I thought to myself "what if I kill 1 caster minion right off the bat, then just match her damage to the minions?". So I did, when level 3 came around I had 4 more minions left over from the last wave, she jumped on me, I ended up hard winning the trade, she had less than 1/2 hp, I had 75% left because the minions beat the shit outta her. I kept repeating this until eventually I gained a 15 cs lead on her from her losing hella minions to the tower. I guess my question is, is this remotely close to something that a high elo player would do? Ended up getting a quadra kill in a dragon fight and winning because I 1 shot the fed draven that tried to walk over my ball that was guarding the entrance to the fight.

    submitted by /u/Strawhatkieth
    [link] [comments]

    Is Garen busted?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 11:54 AM PST

    I've seen a few very high elo streamers tweet saying Garen is really good. When I play him I do really good too, but I am only gold so take that in account. He has extremely high stats, and his kit has literally everything. Movement, shield, execute, consistent damage.

    submitted by /u/Sakiey11
    [link] [comments]

    Seriously: How do I die less as a support?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 03:37 PM PST

    This might sound really stupid, but my question js genuine: How do I avoid dying so much on engage supporters and support in general? I feel like I die almost every major teamfight sacrificing myself for cc on the carry, and I die to a lot of ganks in order to save my adc. Still, my deathcount is way way to high (we're talking like 9-10 average deaths). I think I just need some really basic advice in order to improve. Elo: Gold 4 last season, placed silver 4 this season, if that matters

    submitted by /u/G4l4dor
    [link] [comments]

    Newb/Obvious Question

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 03:30 PM PST

    Hi all.

    Coming back to league after ~3y away.

    I'm a jungler (ouch, this season) and making it work in unranked solo Q for now (working on Ekko).

    Questions: 1. Where is the dragon buff tooltip displayed after you take a drake? I cannot find it for the life of me. It used to show up with all the other buffs I was holding but I can't find it. Would be nice to know where to look. 2. What's the best 'Jungle Basics' guide on what monsters are worth, buffs they give, etc.? So much has changed in the past few years that it's similar enough to play but difficult to have good decision making.

    Thanks all.

    submitted by /u/tracysgame
    [link] [comments]

    Lane assignment ADC mid game low-mid elo

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 03:29 PM PST

    Hello, while climbing as an ADC you will find that your midlander will not leave lane to let you farm. When laning phase ends I understand that ADC should farm midlane and midlander should farm sidelanes. Before you get to diamond the midlander doesn't understand this. If you try to tell him to go to side lane he will flame you and purposely deny you gold. Should I just stay in the side lane then? I'm very vulnerable at this stage because my support will not go side lane and if I hover around mid I will lose my cs/minute. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/jubilee414404
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get more CS when my teammates invade my lane after losing their tower?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 09:52 PM PST

    I'm consistently outcs'ing my lane opponent as well as bullying them fairly hard. I'm usually around 100 cs by 12-13 minutes. However at that point my teammates have usually lost their lanes and start grouping in mid. Do I ignore my team and go to one of the other lanes to continue farming? This leaves my team fighting 4v5 (and they WILL fight).

    How can I get higher cs throughout the game?

    submitted by /u/Mav986
    [link] [comments]

    Jungle exp

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 03:07 PM PST

    (very new to the game and haven't played jungle much) Sometimes when I'm playing jungle I feel like I'm not leveling enough, which makes it harder because I can't go for a gank to get exp because I'm under leveled. Does anybody have tips to not be under leveled or to catch up in exp?

    submitted by /u/DistortedCookie
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a one trick

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 07:21 AM PST

    Hi! I'm silver and I'm new, first played for the last few weeks of S9. I'm looking for an OTP and I don't really mind a high skill floor/ceiling as long as it's worth it because I'd actually love to put some hours into learning, I just love learning mechanics, there's something about learning a fresh champ that makes me giddy every time I execute what I learned properly, although I'm not saying that it SHOULD be that way. I'm looking for a champ that doesn't rely on a team or a jungle gank, someone who can hard carry, although, all champs probably rely on a team to some degree, it's a factor I want to minimize for consistency. I came from maining Leblanc, but although she is good and I genuinely have fun, I feel like I'm too reliant on my jungler, and my team during teamfights, I just feel like they can't capitalize on me killing ADC. I'm currently playing Lux with dark harvest, cause I'm more comfortable with that rather than meteor. I'm also currently learning Riven + Essence reaver, but I'm still not doing it in my ranked games cause I still mess up fast Q sometimes, and I still don't know how to lane with her, but I will continue to learn her. I tried champs like Annie and Malzahar but I think they're too boring, I mean lux is simple, but not as boring. Also, I really don't mind climbing slowly. I'd prefer a mid champ cause I already have Riven for top and Pyke support. I never get autofilled ADC/JG, at least not yer.

    submitted by /u/finchdota
    [link] [comments]

    Question for someone starting back up

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 02:40 PM PST

    Okay so I want to start playing again(I haven't played in like 3ish months maybe longer) I know I need to work on last hitting minions and focusing more on cs than trading with the other adc(some games I'm really good about this and deal some good dmg by the end and some games I'm terrible and get myself killed more than I should) anyway on to my question that I have. When I start back up I know counter picking is something I've never thought about although I knew how strong and useful it can be. So here is the question should I focus more on picking whatever counters the enemy team even if I'm not 100% comfortable with that champion or should I have a small pool of let's say 5 champions I'm really good at and choose the best for that match up?

    Tdlr; is it better for me to completely counter pick even as champions I've never played or should I stick to the few that I'm good with and counter pick out of that smaller pool?

    submitted by /u/greatvaluesadboy
    [link] [comments]

    Never Gone! Yuumi Guided Gameplay, Find Out If She's YOUR Champ

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 08:38 AM PST

    Hi there,

    Let's take an extended look at Yuumi Support today. Unbroken after many nerfs and she may even get buffed soon. Great champ either way if she fits your style!

    Included in the video: Guided gameplay packed with what you need to find out if she's right for you to leverage mindfulness & compassion. If you feel confident in your ability to learn by example and to think for yourself going forward then this is a strong foundation to step up your gameplay in and out of ranked.

    Hope you tune in and enjoy the show! Take care and stay positive. :D

    submitted by /u/TiV3
    [link] [comments]

    I think I've played too much aram and now it's ruined my ability to trade in lane.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 02:17 PM PST

    Been playing a lot of aram lately, because well it's quick and forces you to try other champions outta your spectrum. But since I've been playing ranked again, I just feel like I'm making bad trades, getting out cs'd, and feeding every game. I know I've had bad games but not every game, feels like my fundamentals just went out the window. What could I do to get back to form? I main support and occasionally play top.

    submitted by /u/Fallen_420
    [link] [comments]

    How do you win a game knowing your bot is going to lose?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 01:33 PM PST

    So tomorrow we have a local league tournament and we couldn't find 5 people to make a team so the organisation gave us 2 bronze/silver players to play adc and supp. It's a small town so we pretty much know all teams already and the best ones are high plat and low diamond. Both me and my friends(top, jg and mid) ended season in diamond/master so we just can't rely on our bot.

    We tried few tactics in scrims, like w max Morgana Janna bot, Sivir Morgana, so just pushing and getting back to tower but it didn't quite work, they somehow still die.

    Then we tried few games with going 4-5 man bot when drake is about to spawn and our adc would still die because he can't position himself right. We were losing that games as well, their bot would just 2v8.

    And I think ignoring bot would be pointless because we wouldn't be getting any drakes

    submitted by /u/CommandVictory
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment