• Breaking News

    Monday, March 23, 2020

    LoL Guide It's not necessarily a bad thing when your lane opponent builds specifically to counter you

    LoL Guide It's not necessarily a bad thing when your lane opponent builds specifically to counter you


    It's not necessarily a bad thing when your lane opponent builds specifically to counter you

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    One thing I've noticed as a top lane main is that it isn't necessarily a bad thing for the game overall when your opponent builds to counter you. I main Singed, it's pretty common for tank opponents to rush an adaptive helm and merc treads against me. Now I am unlikely to kill them in lane again at this point. But your adc or an AD jungler will shred the opponent building MR. This applies to other roles. For example if you're a Zed and a mage rushes zonyas to counter you, you delay their cdr and mana items. Same thing when you are a champion like malzahar or morde and they build a QSS to counter your ultimate. They spend a lot of gold just to counter you and delay their own powerspikes as a result. Don't get frustrated when they do this see it as an advantage you gain for your team.

    submitted by /u/AlphaGinger66
    [link] [comments]

    Unlocked Screen?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    Whenever I watch pros play League, they always have the screen unlocked. The few times I have tried to do the same, I just end up getting very confused. As of now, my screen is locked so it follows my champion. Whenever it's unlocked, I have trouble moving the screen and actually playing the game.

    Are there any ways I can get better at playing with an unlocked screen?

    submitted by /u/Arxnea
    [link] [comments]

    Playing ADC in the current meta.

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    I've been an ADC main ever since S2, and honestly each rebalance makes me wanna quit playing altogether more than the previous one.

    I've peaked Diamond 1 100LP (1 win away from Master), and I feel like every patch, it is exponentially harder for non-prodigy players to scale as ADC mains. The amount of effort required to climb is incredibly high compared to every other role.

    Just yesterday I was playing Ashe, got fed early, but after the 15 minute mark, the 0/6/1 enemy Talon had absolutely no trouble deleting me even with a 7 kills and 50cs deficit. I was 7/0/2, had near perfect farm and yet, Talon was two levels ahead of me. Now, I know what you're thinking, maintain a better positioning, build defensive, keep vision around the areas he could flank... but really, it's not fun that he can just rush Duskblade+Ghostblade, flash, smack his head at the keyboard and delete me as he deals 1.4k damage in 0.42 seconds.

    Again, the amount of skill it takes to compensate for that is incredibly high compared to any other role. I know an ADC isn't supposed to be able to beat an assassin in an even 1v1 situation, but that shouldn't remain true if you have a two full item lead on them.

    Now, it's not only assassins, but basically every decent mage, brawler or slightly fed tank can outmatch most ADCs in the current meta before the 30 minute mark, problem is, 90% of the games are already set in stone by then and as an ADC there's little you can do before that to alter the flow of the game.

    All that considering you're on even terms with the enemy team. If the enemy support is better, prepare to have your lane freezed and get zoned for a whole 10 minutes and have even less impact on the match.

    To my fellow Master or higher ADC mains out there:

    How do you deal with this? What do you do to remain relevant through the game?

    I love playing marksman, I really like the high-risk, high-reward essence of the role, it's just that right now it feels more like being permanently in a high risk situation where most of the time there is no reward at all.

    submitted by /u/Velkahn
    [link] [comments]

    Is the jump from normals to ranked usually this difficult?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    I recently hit level 30 and was excited to jump into ranked as I enjoy the competitive aspect of it however, I am getting continuously hard stomped and thus flamed by my teammates telling me to uninstall the game and accusing me of 'win trading'

    I'm not saying that I dominate in draft pick however, most games I can hold my own yet this is a completely different experience. I've currently played 5/10 placement matches and was wondering does it get easier after I get officially placed into an elo?

    submitted by /u/Pho7osreel
    [link] [comments]

    What is micro and what is macro?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 01:47 PM PDT

    Yes this may sound dumb but i tried to google it and Didn't find anything (or maybe I'm just slow). I've played this game for a decent amount but what I've understood is that micro is something related to the champ like a shaco clone and azir sand soldiers skills, and macro is something more general like map awareness and cs?Please don't abuse me for being retarded, thanks and have a nice day

    submitted by /u/Pelican_Perched
    [link] [comments]

    What ADC's can I pick vs Vayne or Quinn top?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    Every now and then you will run into these people who like to run Quinn or Vayne top and as I bruiser main I am in need of a counter pick vs them. People often recommend going comet Malphite, but I don't want to play tanks at all. So I was wondering could I play another ADC into them? Would Caitlyn top be a good pick up?

    submitted by /u/SleepyLabrador
    [link] [comments]

    Ways to get better everyday

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 01:01 AM PDT

    What are some daily tasks you do or have heard of to get better at the game outside of playing against others?

    I used to have a good list, but I can't find it anymore. Some of the ones I remember are-

    Practice last hitting with someone that is not easy to last hit with (I use Alistar for this, his animation and damage are not great). Don't use any skills to do this with. In addition to this, practice looking at your minimap inbetween every CS.

    Watch someone that plays the role you mostly play/main stream for about and hour a day. Don't watch for enjoyment, watch how they play, what they do when, and so on.

    Some other tips I've gotten over the years apply as well to overall getting better-

    Play for a few weeks without Flash. You will find your positioning in situations will improve drastically when you don't have flash to rely on to save you.

    Just a general rule of thumb, if you have the gold and inventory space, no matter what role you are, buy a control ward on EVERY back, unless the one you placed before is still in a good spot and you have one in your inventory. Everyone should have a control ward somewhere on the map at all times. Vision wins games.

    Does anyone else have other daily tips they would add to help anyone be able to improve at the game? Would love to see other suggestions!

    submitted by /u/thevisc
    [link] [comments]

    Tabis or Mercs?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 09:57 AM PDT

    Should I buy Ninja Tabis or Mercs when the enemy team is full AD but they have a lot of cc?

    For example: Top Pantheon, Jungle Xin Zhao, Mid Jarvan, ADC Ashe, Support Pyke.

    And what should I buy when my lane opponent is the only AP champ and the other 4 are AD but i loose my lane against the AP guy?

    submitted by /u/DontReworkNunu
    [link] [comments]

    How does Future's market work?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    I don't quite understand this rune's description. Can someone clarify?

    You can enter debt to buy items, up to 📷 145 (+ 📷 5 per Minute), which is displayed as negative gold in your treasury.

    A 📷 50 lending fee is added on to the amount of money you owe after leaving the store.

    Does this mean I get to byt items faster, but I have to pay extra 50 gold for them? Is it even worth it?|

    So let's say I have 44 gold and I buy 50g potion and I owe 96 gold to the store?

    Or I want to buy Luden's Echo and I bought every component with this rune, so Luden's cost me 3350 gold instead of 3200???? It seems pretty trash :/

    Does this rune have any sort of viability?

    submitted by /u/London_Tipton
    [link] [comments]

    Why do I have unreliable ping?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    My ping used to be lower than 30, but now it's gotten to a point where sometimes it's 30 and it'll jump to 70 and stay there for a while. The hextech repair tool shows I have only 15ms. I've also tried reinstalling LOL, and disabling firewall. There is no packet loss either.

    submitted by /u/Aexil
    [link] [comments]

    What do I do if I can't shove the wave to the enemy tower before backing?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    I've noticed a big problem I have in the game is minion management, especially when it comes to backing. While I know the general idea is to shove the wave so it hits tower and rebounds before you back, in a real game it's not always possible to execute it, especially in early game. What do I do when I can't shove the lane in properly before backing?

    For example, say I got an early solo kill, expending all my mana and most of my health in the process. The wave is near my tower and relatively even. I can't possibly push it all the way to the enemy tower since I have no mana or damage to clear the wave fast enough. If I push, I can't get my wave to the enemy tower before they return to lane and can just freeze the wave right outside their tower. They end up getting a minion and exp lead, diminishing the value of my kill greatly. What do I do in such a situation

    submitted by /u/CocaineNinja
    [link] [comments]

    How the hell do I Jungle

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    What do I do? What do I do? Literally what do i fucking do? Every game I play where i end up going jungler i get fucking flamed (despite being a very new player with relatively-low game knowledge) by some premade or alt-account onetrick for being a shit jungler. Low level compared to the enemy jungler, poor CS and no complete items or even level 6 by 8-12 minutes in. When do i even fucking gank? It seems like whenever i go for one the other laner just doesnt respond, or hangs really fucking far back while he expects a level 4 jungler to fuck up someone nearly double their level covered in creeps. And then they flame me for inting in fucking chat afterwards and spam-ping constantly, which doesnt fucking help because as ive said before: Im a new player, and i just want to practice and get better. Being demoralised by my own team doesnt help. So what do i do?

    submitted by /u/Smolboyoy
    [link] [comments]

    How to not die in team fights as an ADC?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    I seem to always get a lead early usually 2 or 3 kills in lane phase then I lose it and go basically even by the end of the game because every team fight plays out the same. We go in as a team against their team, every enemy jumps on me and I die then we either win or lose the fight. But no matter what fight, no matter how hard I kite or how many summoner spells or anything else I use I still always seem to die because the whole enemy team focuses me.

    submitted by /u/ThreatLevelMe
    [link] [comments]

    Completely new to the game, what should i do?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    As the title says, i am very new to this game. Still only in the process of going through the tutorials. I am completely lost as i have never played a game in the same genre as league, but decided to give it a try since i'm stuck at home for awhile, like everyone else. I've only seen the game through the professional scene (LCS/LEC etc.)

    Any tips as to what a new player like me should be doing? Also what characters are good for a new player who's likely going to be terrible at the game. Some of the stuff i see in the professional games makes zero sense to me. But maybe the things they do and they things a newbie like me does are very far apart? Thanks in advance and sorry for bad grammar etc. First reddit post and not in my first language, kinda nervous about it XD.

    Have a great day fellow players!

    submitted by /u/Cloud9BestOrg
    [link] [comments]

    A Treatise on Practice

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    I'm not going to pretend I have experienced an astronomical rise in league of Legends, but I began playing in the middle of Season 8 and peaked Plat 3 in Season 9. Now in Season 10 I'm struggling to get back to plat but my MMR is such that I play against duo previous season diamond players in the botlane where I live my life once every two or three games. That's pretty good, and it's certainly above average. And do me a favor and miss me with that 'support is easy' nonsense; I have put in the work to excel at one of the most cerebral roles in League of Legends, and as a result I find myself somewhat often teaching my diamond friends things that they don't know because they don't share my specialty.

    I am a person who has arguably sub-average mechanics and had no MOBA experience when I started playing League. I swear to you I don't have non-replicable natural advantages. What I do have is over a decade of experience practicing a technical, performance-based skill. When I applied to be a Dignitas intern, this is one of my qualities that I stressed most heavily, because I think it's something I have unique to offer over other people. As such, it's one of the first articles I wrote to be published in the Dignitas blogs, so I'm just going to pop the link right here real quick and then I'll get to talking about some of the main takeaways. Since this is a bit of an informal setting and no one likes writing the same thing twice, I'm going to frame some of these ideas a little differently than I did in the article.

    1. You're probably your own worst enemy right now. Check your ego at the door.
      Forget drills. Forget the exact exercises you do to practice last hitting or landing your combos. The deciding factor in whether and how much you'll actually improve lies in understanding what exactly you're improving on. In a community filled with false bravado, you're probably really used to blaming other people/factors for your own mistakes to either save face in front of others or soothe your own self esteem. But it's exactly the things you're lying to yourself about that form the pattern of mistakes -- even if you technically know better than to make them -- that you could be designing your goals around eliminating.
    2. Review your VODs! Review your VODs for macro! Review your VODs for micro!
      The recording never lies. Review games you lost and games that you almost lost. It's more emotional labor to face the games you lost and examine that failure in-depth, but remember that it's not true failure. It's a chance to learn. Even outside of facing your losses, VOD review feels tedious, which is why we all do it less than we should. It's why every student musician doesn't want to slog through their tone and technique exercises, even if they know it's the most efficient way to get where they want to be with their musical performance. The more you get in the habit of VOD reviewing, the more you'll thank yourself later.
    3. Learning is Always Good.
      This one will help you keep your mental fresh in trying times, I hope. This is advice I frequently have to remind myself of, because less-than-desired results are never fun. I'm going to develop some aspects of the idea here possibly even more fully than I did in that article, because it's a huge part of the mentality of practice.
      When you execute on all of your fundamentals in a way that you're proud of -- and definitely better than your opposing laner -- but then you still lose the game, it can feel bad. Especially when it's part of a relentless pattern. When this happens, focus on the practice. Sure, you're not climbing now, but you're spending a little more time residing in an ELO and at an MMR rating where you get really good practice executing on your fundamentals well. We all erroneously tie our worth to our LP from time to time, so try to recognize when ELO hell is just an opportunity to hone your fundamentals.
      Messing up also feels bad, when you know what you should have done but didn't do it right or didn't realize what you should have been doing in quite enough time? That's always a win. Training your brain to think about these things only strengthen the neural pathways that help you actually do it in the future. This applies to executing combos properly when you're caught off guard and developing your map awareness. Messing up is almost never true failure. The only failure is not using it as an opportunity to learn.
    submitted by /u/Clairebeebuzz
    [link] [comments]

    How to deal with Sorcery ghost flash darius after losing early?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    Had an unfortunate game today as garen vs darius, I matched his sums but due to a failed gank early I died. After this I could not go for any cs and because my flash was down he could easily kill me when I walked back into lane as his was up. After that I tried playing safe under tower but was abused by him and his jungler. As soon as I died once I felt like there was nothing I could do but give up all cs, and even then get zoned out of a fair bit of xp.

    Any tips?

    Edit: this is in d1/master tier EUW.

    submitted by /u/vonloan
    [link] [comments]

    Are the rankings skewed right now?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    Gold IV is top 28.5% of players. Seems a little high. Is this the design of riots changes to ranked or will this settle down to normal. My games are so intense already at low gold and I've only played around 30 games this season. I feel like I'm back in plat tbh. And most of my games everyone has the plat banners from last year too. Just seems odd that they would do something like this. Was wondering if anyone had any info.

    submitted by /u/Galba__
    [link] [comments]

    A tip from YamatoCannon regarding playing side lane

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    This applies more in competitive/higher elo where junglers will actually play towards their winning side. However the bit about staying in fog can be applied even in solo queue.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/FancySlipperyLouseFailFish

    submitted by /u/sas305
    [link] [comments]

    Jump to grandmaster

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 03:10 PM PDT

    Hello reddit, so a little backstory, i have been playing since s4, hit d5 in s5 then got stuck there till last season when i finally put the effort in to improve and learn the game.
    Im now d2 and i feel like i have an okay understanding of the game. I would really love to hit challenger or at least grandmaster.
    I know the difference between high diamond and top of the ladder is in the little things, i know how i should play the game, but i can't seem to do it consistently, i also feel like i have bad mechanics and wanna improve them.
    I have a smurf in low diamond where im testing my limits and learning new champs.
    Any advice on how to reach my goal?

    Thanks in advance.

    ps: i am a mid main and cant afford a paid coaching.

    submitted by /u/TytnD
    [link] [comments]

    Would you say that taking breaks from the game would be beneficial and help with climbing?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 02:53 PM PDT

    So I've noticed a trend in me where I usually play lol for about a year straight then need to "rest" from the game. It's like my mechanics and mentality get worse and worse the more I play, but I feel like of I take a break I might be hindering my climb.

    How do you all feel about taking breaks? Do you think it's necessary or that we should avoid them?

    submitted by /u/InvaderZix
    [link] [comments]

    Massive client problems

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    A while ago, hell broke loose in my client. I can't open it without running it as an admin after closing the client without restarting my PC, I get random disconnects in the client, When I find a game, I get stuck in the "Match accepted" Screen, only joining champ select AFTER ban phase, sometimes I can't start queue at all. It will play the sound effect, but the find game button gets greyed out after that and no queue time is shown (The game says players are not ready). The queue stops itself sometimes (90% of the time ) after a moment. After the game (If I can manage to find one), I always get a blank screen with a reconnect button which only brings me to a blackscreen. When I close the newly opened game window, the client only gives me reconnect again. I have to restart it in order to do anything. I DID Initiate a full repair. Four. Times.Nothing.This is SO annoying, does anyone have the slightest Idea what's going on?

    submitted by /u/JustAnInternetPerson
    [link] [comments]

    How do I play a solo laner from behind?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    The Situation: It is the mid-late game and all 1st turrets are down, along with one or two Tier-2s. You have just gone 0/3 early game because of monkey brain. As a result you are just about at the same level as your support, and the enemy laner can run you down with ease. Your other lanes have either gone even or are behind as well.

    With no major objectives coming up soon, how do you play to make a comeback? Catch side waves while putting down vision? You're at best getting one wave before having to run back to safety, or is this the best way to safely come back?

    submitted by /u/Venteon
    [link] [comments]

    TIPS / COUNTERS FOR VI (RANKED)

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, I've been playing with Vi for a while. I would like to play ranked with her for the first time. I have never played ranked and I am now level 54. But there are still a few things I need to learn. I don't really know who is a good counter for Vi, or against which champions I should take Vi. Can you help me with this? I've played a few times against almost every jungler, but usually I win. So I don't know who to ban because it's so unsystematic. And then again, who should I take Vi against? As you can see I still need a lot of advice before I am ready. But I would like to work on it as soon as possible. Are there any other tips / things that are very important as a jungler? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Colpaertt
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment