• Breaking News

    Friday, September 18, 2020

    LoL Guide My second experience playing ranked (follow up from yesterday’s post)

    LoL Guide My second experience playing ranked (follow up from yesterday’s post)


    My second experience playing ranked (follow up from yesterday’s post)

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 08:50 AM PDT

    Holy shit! What a difference!

    Yesterday I posted about how I was going 15/2/5 in normals on a 10 game win streak and thought I was the next Faker then played my first ranked games and got STOMPED in placements. Like 1/20/3 stomped.

    Just a keyboard smashing, question your whole life type of beating.

    I posted about it and got something like 1,400 upvotes and hundreds of comments almost all of them giving advice. (An overwhelming amount for a simple lurker like me)

    Holy shit though guys thank you so much for caring enough to take the time first off. I actually read every one and tried to respond to them all and the difference they made was CRAZY!

    My top 5 biggest takeaways from the tsunami of pointers I got yesterday. (I'm an ADC main btw)

    1. The intensity in ranked is not to be fucked with. You step up and a minion isn't in front of you. You die. End of story. This isn't normals. These are all try hards. That's why we're in ranked. If you have to let 5 waves go by to stay safe do it. Don't let the other team get fed off your fuck up. Stay focused and be smart.

    2. Let your support control the flow of engagements. Stay safe farming up and when they move forward. You move forward. Don't give the enemy a free 2v1 punch to your face just because you wanted to attack and didn't care if your support was there or not.

    3. Always assume the enemy is lurking in a bush near you if you can't see them. Probably 10ish of my 20 deaths were just me running to a team fight by myself and POOF Zed or Naut or god damn Santa clause is waiting in the bush next to me and my screen goes grey faster than I can yell out FUCK!

    4. Objectives objectives objectives.

    Don't fuck around. Get to the dragon pit with 45 seconds left to establish your position and put up wards. This isn't the case the normals but in ranked if you're not early youre not getting the dragon unless they throw the fight.

    And lastly.

    1. Don't be afraid. So it's ranked. So literally every person there is better than you. Who cares. Fuck them. It's literally just a game. If you play scared you fall behind and you lose anyways so just go for it. So many comments told me this and they were so right!

    So logged in last night and jumped back in my placements. Lots of gold and silver players on both sides. But I remembered the advice! I wasn't nervous. I literally pointed to each player on the loading screen and said "fuck you fuck you fuck you im not scared" xD

    I played waaaayyyy less aggressive than I like to and stayed safe the whole lanning phase. And I didn't die! I even got a kill! When my supp went forward I went forward but never too much and never if the river wasn't warded. It felt so good to get to mid game with decent farm and not having died 5 times lol

    And I took the long road to fight. Only went through warded paths and used sweepers to look for the traps and actually avoided certain death 2 or 3 times!

    I was one of the first to the dragon pit every time. Setting up wards clearing theirs and of my 4 ranked games we got soul twice!

    Following all the awesome advice I got I won 2 out of 4 games. Was a big part of the victories, held my own in the losses and went 5/8/6 and 4/8/9 in the wins! And I'm bronze 3! Not even iron! :) woooo!! lol

    It was a night and day difference. I no longer want to uninstall the game and my life from this planet and it's thanks to y'all.

    Even though league is just a game, I love it and can't wait to get even better and climb even higher.

    Good luck you beautiful bastards and thank you again for helping a simple noob climb :)

    submitted by /u/yeetzamillion
    [link] [comments]

    Laners, I beg of you -- watch the map at 3:15

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    CRABS.

    The little scuttle bastards on either side of the map in the river. They spawn at 3:15. Jungle routes tend to either split or converge at this time. The entire early game for a jungler is decided around these little shits.

    A crab is the difference between your jungler basing and buying just a skirmisher's saber, or your jungler basing and buying a skirmisher's saber, boots, and a control ward.

    DOUBLE crabs is the difference between your jungler being level 4 while the enemy jungler is still level 3, and also means I base and get skirmisher's saber, boots, a control ward AND POSSIBLY double long swords, OR IF I GET A KILL -- cauffields warhammer.

    Do you see the difference here? Do you see the incredible power in these little crustaceans?

    "But what's in it for me?" you might ask, being a business oriented laner. I appreciate your spunk. You've got style, kid.

    I'm here to tell you, that for one easy payment of HELPING CONTEST THE DAMN SCUTTLE CRABS -- you get free, YES THAT'S RIGHT FREE vision of the entire river leading to your lane for a few minutes. Not enough? Not satisfied? What if I told you that this also gives me priority to invade the enemy jungler to keep him away from you, gives me priority over neutral objectives like drake and herald, AND allows me to set up counterganks so that we can get some kills on the board when the enemy jungler tries to gank?

    Yes. I know. Sign here on the dotted line please.

    Crabs are incredibly important early in the game. They're still important later too, just not as much. The first ones are the big ones.

    So please laners I beg of you -- Watch the map at 3:15 and help your jungler get those crabs. Even if your jungler is nowhere near your lane, if you have priority and your lane is shoved, go check out the crab.

    Best case scenario here is your jungler is on the other crab -- you end up spotting the enemy jungler on your crab. Boom -- your jungler goes and snipes 1-2 camps out of the enemy jungle.

    PAY ATTENTION TO CRABS.

    submitted by /u/squeezy102
    [link] [comments]

    how can someone who is level 100+, have a level 7 mastery, and 2k takedowns on a character still end up playing badly?

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 10:34 PM PDT

    EDIT: thanks for all the the tips so far! it has been made clear to me that bad games do happen -- and a quick self evaluation tells me that even my mastery sett can be trash. that being said, I'd like to hear your advice when it comes to playing from behind. what should i have done in the game instead of flaming the garen?

    i've been playing league for a year or so but still consider myself new since i havent even been able to play ranked yet. my only choice is normals solo-queue. today was my second game as galio and i felt i was lucky to be paired with a seemingly veteran garen. unfortunately, a yasuo locked in as well and the two of them stayed top for the early game -- yet consistently lost lane to the enemy mordekaiser. the game inevitably ended in a loss, with the garen barely helping in team fights. how does that make sense if he had such strong credentials? was he just throwing the game? what are some tips you can give when teammates don't go where they are supposed to? with two people in top, our adc was left alone at the bottom.

    edited to add: the mordekaiser ended up fed since he kept picking off the yasuo and garen, enemy adc also won lane since it was 2v1 down at bot, and since i was new to galio, i died a lot. our jax jungle was our best bet but even he couldnt carry us all.

    submitted by /u/esca_pe
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to carry a game as support?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    Right now I'm low elo S2. I've been maining support for 2 months now and getting better at the role and slowly climbing. I feel like lately though I've been getting in so many games where our bot lane will be doing well, but our mid or top will constantly die in their lane feeding either their lane or the jg to the point where our lane doesn't matter. I was just wondering if there is anything I can really do as the support at this point or if my role has too little of impact to win a game. Any tips would help, even to improve as support. Thanks. (I usually play Senna, Swain, or Naut depending on team).

    submitted by /u/kblue14
    [link] [comments]

    People need to stop discrediting coaches for their rank.

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 01:10 AM PDT

    Let me get this straight first*: I am* NOT saying that any silver player could start coaching. Obviously rank does matter a bit, so please don't spam the comment section saying "okay so you're saying my friend, who's in Bronze 3, should be coaching people without anyone doubting his coaching capabilities?"

    Alright, so I started noticing this ever since I got into coaching back when I was Plat. I wrote an entire ADC guide, free for everyone to read and learn from. Even though I got a lot of positive responses, there were also a lot of comments saying "but you're only Platinum, why should we trust the quality of this guide?"

    And the same thing happened this season. Last season, I reached D4 with a winrate of 60%, just to be able to coach people for free through a Discord server. I enjoyed coaching so much that I actually started spending WAY more time coaching others and less time playing myself. This season, I have actually only done placements on my main account, so I'm only Platinum atm. Almost every single time, people question my ability to coach now, purely based on the fact that I'm not Diamond.

    Same is happening to u/OBubbyTTV . He was Diamond 2 last season, coached a ton of people on stream. This season, he's getting so many people doubting him just because he's not Diamond yet.

    But instead of thinking "he's not even Diamond himself, why could he help me reach Diamond?", look at things this way:

    • In order to reach a higher rank, you need to put in the time and the amount of games. People who coach other people prefer to spend their time helping those people who WANT to put in the effort of climbing themselves. But because they do this, they often don't have the time left to climb themselves (due to full-time jobs, other hobbies, family time, ...). So what I'm saying is: unless you have a coach that actually gets paid and does it for a living, you can't expect him to coach players, have a full-time job, take care of his family, have no other hobbies AND still have the time to reach high elo himself
    • Sometimes, you can have people who know the theory and all the ins and outs, but just aren't capable of putting it into practice. However, they might be very good at transmitting that knowledge onto players who could use it to climb the ladder. Look at universities. People teaching law might be doing it because they didn't have what it takes to be a successful lawyer (or they might just have the passion for teaching). That doesn't mean they are incapable of teaching law to students if they are good at passing on the knowledge.
    • Look at other sports. How many times have you seen sports trainers and coaches who look like they would be hyperventilating after 10 seconds of jumping jacks? That doesn't mean they are bad coaches. They might still be awesome at observing other players, recognizing what they are doing wrong and correcting them so they can be better. Even in the lolesports scene, there are coaches who are professionally coaching teams while they are only Platinum in soloQ.

    Last but not least: would you rather have your coach to spend a lot of time getting into high elo himself, or would you rather have him spend that time getting better at coaching? Because let me tell you, it's not just a matter of saying "you shouldn't have done that, it would have been way better doing this." Coaching other players is a craft on its own, and it takes time to master that skill as well.

    I hope I have at least changed a few people's mindsets by writing this post. This might just be an unpopular opinion, so if you either agree or disagree, let's start a discussion below :)

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/smnbmby
    [link] [comments]

    Ranked Season 11 looking to be much more climbing-friendly

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 02:38 AM PDT

    "Division Promo Series Removal

    Inter-division promotion games were initially implemented to provide compelling goals for players to tackle between tier. At best, they were a source of relief when you won and, at worst a source of major frustration when you were bounced out for the fifth time in a row. We wanted to revisit the original decision and solve for unnecessary frustration and climbing blocks between solo and flex queues divisions. As such, at the start of preseason, we'll be removing the inter-division promotion series in both queues and making the following changes to avoid ranked inflation and rapid rubberbanding.

    On division promotion, rolling leftover LP into the next division

    Removing inter-division demotion protection for players who are at 0 LP

    As this change is directly targeted at making the experience better for players at the divisional level, it will not extend to tier promotions (Silver to Gold, Gold to Platinum, etc.). We still believe that between tier promotion series are an important part of keeping the progression between tiers a meaningful and challenging endeavor. We'll be really looking to you for feedback on the new ranked ladder experience while we monitor queue and ladder health independently.

    Ranked Informed Matchmaking

    Two of our core goals this year center around matchmaking quality and transparency of the ranked system. Though still primarily determined via MMR, we're layering on new guardrails that we're calling "ranked informed matchmaking". These guardrails will ensure teams are more balanced from an LP and division perspective in addition to being balanced from an MMR perspective.

    We measure the success of this change by the difference in LP within your team and between the two teams. Our preliminary simulations are already showing a significant improvement in the following areas:

    No change to MMR difference between teams

    Within-team LP differential cut by 40% at all matchmaking percentiles

    Between-team LP differential cut by 40% at all matchmaking percentiles

    No more than +1:30 to queue times for .01% of players

    No more than +5 second to queue times for 50% of players

    What this means on your side is that you should see very, very few games where any players in your lobby are more than a tier apart. This change, paired with the other matchmaking changes below, will bring match quality and visible rank closer together. We're excited about these first tests and will be continuing with more tweaks with a plan to release everywhere before the first preseason patch."

    https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en-gb/news/dev/dev-competitive-end-of-season-20-preseason-21/

    TL;DR Summary: - Inter-division promo series removed. This means when you reach 100 LP S4, you're immediately S3. No promo matches. - Inter-divisional LP rollover added. This means that if you're G2 92 LP and you got a +16 LP win, you'll be immediately G1 14 LP. - Inter-divisional rank protection removed. This means that if you've just promoted to P3, and immediately lose, you're straight back to P4. But that shouldn't matter much, because you're back in P3 the instant you win again (assuming you have enough LP because you didn't lose or dodge again). - Rank disparity guard rails added to the MMR matchmaking system. This means that, while matchmaker still primarily uses MMR to assemble teams, there will now be a safeguard in place to prevent teams with apparently similar MMR from being made up of players whose ranks are much different from each other. No more Iron II teammates in Silver II matches!

    Idk about anyone else, but I am super excited for these changes and what they will mean for my ranked experience personally.

    submitted by /u/Viikoreaux
    [link] [comments]

    How to play the early game against Rengar?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 06:22 AM PDT

    I'm in Silver and while Rengar is rarely played it is a real pain when I do meet him because I mostly play junglers that are weak early. It's really bad when I play Lillia because I'm completely countered by him, so if he is smart I don't get to play the game. I'm wondering if Rengar mains have some recognizable patterns that I can exploit to defend myself. How should I ward? How should I path?

    submitted by /u/smooth_kiwi_
    [link] [comments]

    Best YouTubers to watch for support?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    I'm a low elo support player who loves watching informative content about league. I love hearing about Macro and stuff like that so as to improve. Any good Youtubers or streamers to watch for learning? They don't have to be super high elo, ideally diamond/plat because I have no asperations to be a rank one player. Looking mostly for someone who just explains what he's doing, why he does it, explains items and teams and stuff. Basically just let's me know why he thinks the way he does.

    submitted by /u/Djunga
    [link] [comments]

    How do you coach a new player?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    A group of my friends and I have been trying to teach our newer friend how to play support. The currently sit at a high bronze level of play. I am a d4 support this season, and my other friends are all diamond at their respective roles and know support well enough. Our issue isn't that we don't have the knowledge to teach them, the issue is that since we've all been plat/dia for almost 4-5 years, we can no longer relate to what the new player mindset is.

    They constantly apologize for every little mistake they make and if you try to coach during a game or try to help them improve after, they get overwhelmed and shut down.

    How do I try to get into their mindset and be better at teaching a newer player? Are there any good resources out there? Are there any support youtubers that are similar to Coach Curtis for mid or Virkayu for jungle?

    Thanks for help in advance!

    submitted by /u/DosCuatro
    [link] [comments]

    I get super bored practicing CSing

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 09:55 PM PDT

    So I have a friend who is a Diamond 1 adc, we played some games together (he as sup) and he said I have the mechanics and the macro to climb at least to Plat (right now Gold 4) but I don't have a good enough CS to back it up so he recommended me to farm in practice tool (no enemy, go for 5 or 10 mins, then start over), I've tried to do it but I get SO bored while doing so, sometimes I get so bored I zone out and farm even worse.

    Has anyone experienced something like that? I want to improve my CS but damn, is there a more entertaining way to learning it? Any recommendation is welcomed!

    submitted by /u/MaurosCrew
    [link] [comments]

    How do I carry after winning lane as an adc?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    My at the end of my last 2 games laninig phases I ended with 8/1/3 and 5/0/4 ahead by like 30-40 cs but by then end of the game I was 22/13/8 and 9/5/6 respectively. I have the landing phase down pat but I absolutely suck at team fight positioning and where im supposed to farm safely and splitpush (it's an mf sanguine blade build so I should also try to get towers instead of just farming close to my base). I don't know how to deal with fed people on their team, I can beat them in a 1v1 the enemy team still always wins team fights.

    submitted by /u/Meme_Expert420-69
    [link] [comments]

    I need help or advice for improvement in jungle.

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    I'm bronze 1 at the moment, every time I try to go for ranked we just lose because of misplays that I make sometimes or my team does.

    I enjoy playing.
    Assassins:
    -Rengar
    -Kha'Zix
    -Ekko
    Farming junglers:
    -Karthus
    -Fiddlesticks
    -Sometimes Olaf
    ------------------------
    Here is my op.gg: https://eune.op.gg/summoner/userName=NotDogibu
    ------------------------
    These are the things that I struggle with:

    -When my teammate(s) are hard shoving making it impossible to gank or dive and later they just get stomped on. I usually just farm and look for other gank opportunities.

    -How to recover from an invade.

    -My camps are keep being invaded by the enemy jungler (rare but happens).

    -What to do with 2 or 3 losing or lost lanes.

    -How to properly carry or hard carry with the champs that I'm playing with or maybe i should play with a different champion pool.

    -More efficient pathing,tracking,farming and ganking.

    submitted by /u/Extension_Rock5900
    [link] [comments]

    Gold player struggling with macro

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    So as the title says I'm a Gold 3 mid lane main. I play assassins and some mages. For a grasp of my champ pool i play things like Ekko, Leblanc, Lucian, Some Yone. I think my mechanical skills are passable if not good. But I struggle really hard with macro. Positioning in team fights (I know the basics but nothing more), Where to be on the map and when, how do I take my lead from mid to carry my team, how do I play when I'm behind and have to accept carry, etc. I just find myself in places I don't want to be and find that my micro skills tend to help me out in those situations but I usually end up going one for one or die and get someone to 10 hp. I want to climb and hopefully hit mid plat but I know this is a continuous issue of mine. Any advice for me? Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/Dazzman2
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain how to manage a minion wave?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Hi everyone. I'm a level 50 player, never tried ranked, but my Plat friends say I'd be Bronze if I did. I'm curious to know about how and when to most effectively kill minions. Im not sure when it's a good idea to let their minion wave come to my tower or when to shove my minion wave onto their tower.

    If it matters, I mainly play Ahri as a mid-laner, but I also play just as much Garen top and Kai'Sa bottom lane.

    submitted by /u/solarsun55
    [link] [comments]

    Help with improving Irelia top lane [Silver II]

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    Hi all I have some questions about my Irelia top. In prior seasons I've been able to climb to gold relatively easily but for some reason I am struggling hard to win games. Generally speaking, I've been trying to climb with Irelia, either mid or top. I usually win lane or go even but once mid game or late game starts it feels like my team is losing too much and I can't win. I've tried splitting, team fighting, everything but it just isn't working. I then start dying a lot as I take riskier and riskier plays to drag us back into the game. This is not counting games where I've d/c or lose lanes. I am talking about the fact that I keep winning lane but can't seem able of converting that lead in the mid to late game.

    Here are my op.gg: https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=rennaril

    League of Graphs: https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/summoner/champions/irelia/na/Rennaril

    I am not sure what the best medium to post replays is but if any of you want I can do so.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Rennaril
    [link] [comments]

    How to become an analyst at e-sport organization

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 07:26 AM PDT

    Hello Reddit Is here someone who know how can I become an analyst at some League of Legends team or organization? Because I have no idea how to obtain this role but I am motivated to do this, is there a site where are announcements where teams are looking for someone?

    submitted by /u/TheHennek
    [link] [comments]

    Need suggestions for new Junglers to learn for Gold elo

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 09:10 AM PDT

    As the title implies, I'm looking for new jungler suggestions that I can use effectively in gold elo. I recently hit gold last week spamming Amumu jungle on one of the greatest winstreaks I've had in my life, only to hit a brick wall by Gold 3. Since then I've been abused and invaded consistently when I pick Amumu due to his weak early game. I also play Xin, Vi, and Kayn relatively well, but the latter two are pick or ban a lot this patch so I want to hear some opinions on other options as well.

    Personally I am toying with learning Rek'sai, but I heard that there's a bug with her abilites that pauses their cooldown timer when she's burrowed/unburrowed so i don't know if i want to play her in that state. I have experience with quite a few other junglers already as well such as Nunu and Warwick, but I just can't really decide which is why I'm asking for input.

    submitted by /u/DocRedgrave
    [link] [comments]

    Should tanks sidelane/splitpush?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    Hey all,

    Should tanks like Malphite, Maokai, Sion split push or stick mid with the adc?
    If you already have one person splitting I understand it may be better for the tank to stick with the adc but if nobody else is side laning should the tank be taking up this role?

    Would be great if this was explained with reasoning.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/whxt_7
    [link] [comments]

    What to do as jungle champs with no AOE clear at level 3?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 04:26 PM PDT

    As a title suggests. I've been climbing with Warwick now (stick to the basics). I found that after I reach level 3 after buff-buff-gromp, if I can get a kill or two or have lane prio to invade I can snowball from there and carry the game, otherwise I become lost and just fall behind.

    Worst case scenario: level 3 Warwick, or Trundle, or Xin Zhao, none of the lanes have priority yet enemies have vision and gank is either infeasible or failed. What do I do from there? Do I just fall back to my jungle and slowly kill the krugs and raptors?

    submitted by /u/StarIU
    [link] [comments]

    What is the Optimal use of Cull in the Top Lane?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    I was curious about playing Wukong Top and either starting with Cull (if I am playing safe), or situationally buying it on my first back. I actually saw a replay of a challenger player who was ahead in the lane and he bought it on his first back.

    The items provides good sustain and additional gold. So the question is when would it be opti.al to buy it, if at all? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/EdinsonC
    [link] [comments]

    Impossible to win as a new player in 2020

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    So after playing the game for 2 months, according to other players I'm still as bad as or worse than bots. The game isn't fun for me and every game I just get flamed for being bad, even in bots most of the time, and my overall record is 9-53 outside bot games. I think it's just too late to get into this game in 2020 honestly

    submitted by /u/LabMan95
    [link] [comments]

    what to do past 20 minutes

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    as the title says im just confused and i cant figure it out what do u do to win the game after 20 minutes i go farm sidelane my team rushes in 4v5 dies and flames i go win 5v5 instead of taking baron or inhib team recalls i feel like its impossible to win even if ur 100k gold ahead if ur team doenst know win cons cuz i cant take baron solo as a midlaner or either kill the nexus

    submitted by /u/Fr3nkl12
    [link] [comments]

    Can I choose the unique passive I would prefer?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    To make it clear some items have unique passives with the same name but they dont work the same.

    lets say in a match i have to buy both guinsoo's and mortal reminder. both have the unique passive "last whisper" except mortal reminder's is better. How do I know which one game counts as active? and can I change it?

    (same thing with void staff and guinsoo but void and guinsoo in the same build is rare tho)

    submitted by /u/ISpent30mins4myname
    [link] [comments]

    How is preseason different from the normal season?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    I've been playing the game for a couple months now and I'm planning on making season 11 my first ranked experience but I'm wondering what is preseason? Like how long is it and how different is it from the actual season. Does preseason even count as normal ranked or does it reset when the season starts?

    submitted by /u/RNJ3bus
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment