• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 19, 2020

    LoL Guide T1 Teddy teaches how to win lane

    LoL Guide T1 Teddy teaches how to win lane


    T1 Teddy teaches how to win lane

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    Hi! I've translated T1 Teddy guide about Positioning and Farming in bot lane as ADC. Video can be found HERE.

    In this video, he talks about where you should position yourself relative to your support. He also gives some tips about how to position yourself relative to the minion wave depending on what is happening with her. After you will watch this video you will know where you should be, so you can CS and harass at the same time. Where you should be if you're getting ganked. How your position should take into consideration your jungler's skill level. How to farm when you're getting pushed in. In the second part, Teddy also gives some tips on how to actually last hit minion in a more efficient way.

    Hopefully, you will like this video and have a nice day!

    submitted by /u/LuckyGnom
    [link] [comments]

    Tips For Carrying From Top Lane

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    So I feel like a lot of the games in top lane are coin flips if your team wins or not. Most of the times I'm winning my lane (or at least going even), but aside from Rift Herald, I feel like I don't have any influence on how the game goes. If my TP isn't up I can't really help with Dragon, because the enemy top would take turret plates while I'm gone and extend his gold and exp. lead on me so I feel like helping with Dragon without TP up is a no go.

    So it basically comes down to crossing my fingers and hope my team wins fights and takes objectives. I like top lane the best, but it sometimes does feel like an island like they say.

    Recently I've been playing some support and I love that I can have an impact on the game from the start. But I prefer the champion pool of top lane and just top lane in general over other lanes even with this problem I'm having.

    Oh and something I should probably mention is that the champions I like to play are mostly split push champions so most of the time I try to create pressure on side lanes, but then my team decides to fight for no reason etc. you know how it goes.

    So any tips on how to impact the game from top lane would be appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/IIIDzire
    [link] [comments]

    How do Junglers get back into the game when they fall behind?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 02:58 PM PDT

    Just played a Zac Jungle game where I got hawkshotted by the enemy Ashe and Shaco-ganked at the end of my 5 camp route. Thankfully, I had enough gold for a Bami's Cinder and I figured that I could just farm my way to 6 and start making plays. I cleared my topside and went for a level 5 gank with my midlaner on a Vel'koz mid. The Velk flashed my leap, outplayed me with Barrier and lasered me down while my midlaner missed everything (it happens, it's plat). At this point I am 0/2/2 and I can feel the game skipping away from me. Usually, I would just run to my most fed lane and try to make some desperation play to get myself back in the game, but knowing my tendency to force bad plays when I feel pressured, I tried something different. Instead, I tried to farm my way back into the game, hoping that with two solid full clears I would have enough gold and levels to be relevant again and maybe contest the next drake.

    Farming did not work; I was useless for the rest of the game. Were jungle monsters always so worthless?

    As any kind of the laner, the right response to losing lane is to farm what you can, try to nullify your opposing laner's pressure to keep the game from snowballing out of control, and look to retake the initiative once you have the item power spikes and exp to matter again. As a Jungler, I just can't seem to catch up without gambling the game on some all-in play. Aren't Jungle camps supposed to be a catch up mechanic, granting XP based on the average level in the game? Despite permanently farming my jungle, I could barely match my bot lane in levels, let alone catch up to the enemy jungle and top who were 2 levels ahead of me. I conceded all of my pressure just to be as relatively behind as I was before, and that felt awful.

    It seems afk farming fails almost all Junglers that fall behind, and that's before considering the pressure it leaves on their laners. Master Yis that fall behind don't catch up by farming; they catch up by grabbing that double kill when your bot lane overextends. Hecarims don't catch up by farming, they catch up by smashing your top laner into the ground, then killing them again when they TP back into lane. It seems like farming only becomes a relevant wincon when your team is ahead and you can consistently farm the enemy jungle and spare lane minions.

    So, TL;DR, is there a safe route back into the game when I fall behind as Jungle, or do I just accept that I need to fight my way back in or int trying? Tips appreciated.

    submitted by /u/MattUSticky
    [link] [comments]

    Ability AD/AP Ratios Extremely Low

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 07:26 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, lately with the new AD/AP ratio color change (for example AP went from bright teal to dark blue) I've also noticed something rather strange.

    For example, when I'd play Ahri her Q would normally say something like 80 + (34AP), but now I'm noticing it says 80 + (0.1AP) instead.

    What's up with this? Is it referring to %AP or raw AP? I'm so confused.

    If I'm able to change it back to the way it was before, how do I do that?

    submitted by /u/Falcude
    [link] [comments]

    Do not tunnelvision out your minions' health

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    hola, so, as the title says, stay aware of your minions. this is a great difference i notice mainly in gold and below, people simply don't watch own minions. it also has a lot to do with autopilot. many league guides tell you not to autopilot, if you want to climb. to add to that, in gold and below you are likely to watch amounts of your and enemy's minions count, which is a good step for trading, since especially in low levels, minion damage matters. but watching your dying minion health is just as important. it did not occured to me as much when playing adc, since support creates a lot of trading windows there, but now on toplane, the pressure you make on enemy by forcing him to choose whether to trade back or last hit the creep is even more immense.

    tldr: you need to see every one of your dying minions as the trade window that puts you ahead.

    submitted by /u/narrei
    [link] [comments]

    Playing Jungler made me question how is even possible to die from a gank: the importance of Jungle tracking and communication with your Jungler, and why "/mute all" is bad for you.

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    Long story short: learning how to play Jungle made me realize a lot of mistakes I did as a laner and taught me a lot more about the game, especially at macro level. Most things you deal with as a Jungler will make you a way better player because you will be able to understand in first person the reasons why something is happening in the game you are playing.

    So, I guess making a post sharing my newfound knowledge could help a lot of low elo players during their climb. I don't claim to be a pro-player by any means, so if anyone has something to add or want to correct me on something he thinks I was wrong with, feel free to do so.

    1. Knowing what the enemy Jungler can do in the immediate future.

    Jungle tracking is a skill that most of the time is underdeveloped, but any (good) coach/tutorial/guide you can find will tell you that is one of the most important things to learn, and I believe it is 100% true. Most player will be afraid to learn it or focus on other skills (like CSing, trading, learning a Champion, etc.). The truth is that it is not a difficult skill to develop.

    You see, the map is filled with things to do as a Jungler, some of them are just in plain sight: Baron/Rift, Dragon, gankable lanes. If you take a glance at the minimap and ask yourself the question: "If I was the enemy jungler, what I would do now?", the answer you'll get will be correct most of the time. Junglers are busy, there are things to do every minute, you just need to think about what is the best thing the enemy jungler can do in that moment. Playing Jungler and focusing on this aspect of the game at some points was like playing with a maphack.

    I am not saying that all Junglers are predictable, because they are not: there are informations you can't access that can dictates how an enemy Jungler's next move will be, and skillful Junglers will bait, fake a move or strike when unexpected. I am just saying that there are things you can easily imagine the enemy Jungler will do, and you should keep them in mind.

    One of the most important tool for Jungle tracking is vision, a.k.a. wards. Placing wards in areas where the enemy Jungler will most likely walk in will give you his position on the map. Knowing exactly where the enemy Jungler is allows you and your team to make plays elsewhere on the map or to counter a play that is getting in motion.

    I am honestly amazed how many players with a clear information about the whereabouts of the enemy Jungler don't take any advantages: if the enemy Jungler shows in the opposite part of the map where you are, you have one less threat to worry about, if he is near you then engaging your opponent could not be the best idea. I lost count of how many times I pinged the exact position where the enemy Jungler was coming or hiding just to be blatantly ignored by my teammates, who naturally died afterwards. More of this later.

    2. Help your Jungler at any stage of the game, especially in early game.

    Your Jungler needs help and your aid doesn't stop by covering and leashing. Thinking your Jungler is a separate entity of your team able to mind his own business and existing only when it is time to gank (and that ganking is his only job) is how "jg diff" is born.

    Helps comes mainly in two forms: assisting an invade and securing an objective.

    Assisting an invade: different Junglers have different dueling potentials. As a laner, you know you have different matchups, and it is the same for your Jungler: just because the two Junglers don't face directly in a lane like you and your opponent do doesn't mean they will never interact with each others.

    Most invades (and counterjungles) can be done fairly safe: your Jungler sees the enemy Jungler on the opposite side of the map and goes in his jungle to steal camps. Some Junglers are more daring due to having a way out if caught (think about Shaco). Others will look for a fight since they know that at the moment they are stronger, so if the enemy Jungler is around they can just kill him.

    The latter are the worst for your Jungler: if somehow your Jungler is behind and the enemy Jungler decides to fuck him even more, there is nothing he can do. He can't fight the enemy Jungler because he is weaker, he can't farm his camps because they are either get stolen or lives in a constant fear of getting killed while doing them. The personal vision a Jungler can provide for himself and his jungle is also limited, and requires to forfeit the red trinket too.

    You simply can't blame your Jungler for being behind while the enemy Jungler (and maybe his team too) is keeping him behind. You need to help him recover, unless you want to hide behind the usual "jg diff" while you just watched your Jungler bleed the entire game. Even without someone saying a word, you can tell who Jungler has the upper hand by just looking at the scoreboard (look for how many levels/CS/kills/assists they have) and knowing the Champions they are playing.

    How can a Jungler be helped when he is behind?

    • Provide vision for him around jungle's entrances so he and your team can spot the enemy Jungler going for him.
    • Listen to your Jungler and trust his tracking skills: if he is asking and pinging help on one of his camps, he probably thinks the enemy Jungler is here. The best thing that can be done against stronger Junglers that keeps your Jungler behind is to collapse on them, outnumber them and kill them. You may not always be able to come to your Jungler's rescue, but it is your duty to read the game and understand that your Jungler may need help, so plan accordingly. It is also your Jungelr's duty to communicate with you about his situation in order to know if he is farming up to recover, setting-up collapses, etc.
    • Some Champions are naturally inclined to counterjungle and dueling the enemy Jungler, so be smart to have the possibility that this would happen in your mind and maybe be more mindful of what both Junglers are doing.
    • If you are playing against a Kindred and you don't collapse when she is doing a Marked camp in your jungle, you are doing it wrong. Playing with a Kindred and helping her secure a Marked camp (or just getting ready to come to her aid) is the best thing you can do for her. Marks basically screams: "Kindred may be here", use that information. Remember that Kindred's jungle Marks are perfectly visible on your minimap.

    Securing an objective: objectives are important. Baron/Rift, Dragon, tower plates, crabs, even a gankable lane is an objective in some ways. Most Junglers, in most situations, needs help securing those objective, they can't do it alone.

    Dragons and Rifts don't magically come to you because your Jungler is here to get them for you while you are playing in your bubble during lane phase. If your Jungler calls for an objective it is because he thinks is the best course of action or wants to contest that objective otherwise the enemy will take it. It is your job to setup for the objective, for example shoving the lane or killing your opponent (your Jungler can also setup by ganking your lane, if your lane is in a gankable state) and then moving to help your Jungler securing the objective.

    Too many times I pinged the Dragon's respawn timer to give enough time to my laners to setup for it only to arrive at the pit and finding myself alone. No matter how many pings or "guys help at drag plz" I typed, my botlane was backing or jerking off while their opponent were dead and my midlaner with a priority in lane was spamming his Mastery emote to a 25% HP opponent under his tower. Guess what happens next? The enemy jungler arrives, his botlane is back and I must give the Dragon to them. Later in the game I enjoy my bot and mid spamming "jg diff" when we have zero Dragons and the enemy team is a Soul point, because now, suddenly, Dragons are important.

    Also, when doing an objective, take into consideration that Smite scales with levels, so if your Jungler is even one level behind the enemy Jungler don't be surprised if he gets outsmited (and let's not talk about the enemy Nunu). That is why is very important to help your Jungler securing objectives. Be very careful if your Jungler pings that his Smite is on cooldown: he may be a moron for having used it knowing there was an objective to take, but this doesn't change the fact that he is Smite-less, so play accordingly.

    3. Understanding what ganks really are.

    For a laner, a gank is an easy 2vs1 to get free cash. For a Jungler, a gank is a gamble. The most secure form of income (Gold and XP) for a Junger are his Jungle camps: every time a Jungler ganks, he is betting time he could use to farm, counterjungle, constest an objective or reset (going back to base to cash the money) for a kill or assist to get one of his lane ahead and the enemy behind. So, if a gank fails, the Jungler slightly lose something. It could be a big deal in some situations.

    So, your Jungler will gank your lane when he'll be sure that the odds are in his favor. This is the reason why Junglers rarely gank losing lanes and don't make a living with ganks (except some carry junglers played by smurfs, but that is another world entirely). Yeah, they will gank your 10 deaths botlane if he is around by the time the 10 kills botlane is so out of position that would be a free kill, but in the majority of the situation, unless your Jungler is smurfing, don't expect him to come to put a patch on your horrendous performance: he would rather play for any other lane that is winning or has the potential to win. Your job is to avoid bleeding and trust in the rest of the team to get things done, and eventually rotate to recover what you have lost. Your Jungler is not responsible for you losing your lane and is not there to win your lane for you. If you get ganked three times and blame the "jg diff", ask yourself why the enemy Jungler was able to gank you three times in the first place.

    If you want a gank, you need to set it up: vision control and wave management are a big part of it. No, I won't gank you if you have zero mana or too low health to follow, no I won't gank the enemy in the middle of two of his waves, no I won't gank if the sums of our levels makes a result that is less than the level of your opponent, no I won't gank if I need to reset because I am bringing a Hunter's Machete in a fight against a Tiamat and a pair of Ninja Tabi.

    And when I can finally go in, there is execution, that in my experience is a big problem for almost everyone (Jungler included): the coordination isn't simply there most of the time and the pressure to "kill or get killed" is high enough that mistakes will be made (from both sides). Ganking isn't flawless, getting there in your lane is half the work, at that point is all about teamwork and we'll success or fail together: understand this, and most importantly listen to calls. You go in when your Jungler pinged to back? Your fault. Your Jungler goes in when you pinged to back? His fault. We are the only persons capable to determine if we are able to do something or not and we only will evaluate how to behave in any situation, but we must inform other about our intentions. I expect you to do something, you expect me to do something, but not every time those expectations comes to fruition. If the gank goes wrong and I decide to ditch out, stop pinging that my Ultimate is ready, because I probably have evaluated that preserving that cooldown was better than wasting it on that gank.

    4. Why you shouldn't "/mute all".

    I admit I clickbaited with this. let me explain: I am one of those players that say: "Yo, '/mute all' at the start of every game, the chat isn't useful" and I still believe that is true, with one exception: pings.

    You see, until now this post was all about the importance of communication between your team and his Jungler, because the Jungler is not an autonomous machine that plays by itself and does something magical behind the scenes, but is a member of your team that (surprisingly!) needs help to get things done or to recover from a bad start.

    If you "/mute all", what you do is muting everything from any player, including emotes and pings. This is extremely bad because pings are very important for communicating things in the fastest way possible. Yeah, I know it sucks when your Jungler is spamming "?" over your dead body or when he expect you to 1vs5 the enemy team to defend the Nexus, but if you mute his pings you can't know when he has actually something useful to tell you.

    This is why I said before that I am astonished how people manage to die to the enemy Jungler when I used all my pings to even draw his pathing on the map: it is probably because those people "/muted all" or just me out of spite because I didn't gank their lane or I am two level behind the enemy Jungler and they want me to fight him in a duel in my jungle. By doing this they stay in their quietly comfort zone, but since they also have ADHD, a dangerous form of tunnel vision, or are playing with a locked camera with a post-it covering their minimap, they are missing all the important stuff I am feeding to them. As a result, they die in the stupidest possible way and use their death timer to type, you guess, "gg jg diff" in chat instead of planning what to buy next.

    If you have the habit to "/mute all", I suggest to not mute pings (or emotes, I use emotes also to communicate, like I do an "OK" when the leash is done and they can go back in lane, or to congratulate for a good play), or at least don't mute your Jungler's pings even if he is a dickhead that spams them to annoy you.

    5. Playing and winning from behind.

    Something I learned while jungling is that it is almost always possible to recover from behind, unless the enemy is so fed that breaks your base before 15 minutes. Especially in low elos, people usually don't know how to win games: the games drag on and on until the death timers are so big that a Nexus inevitably falls, so until this happens the losing team has a lot of chances to close the Gold and XP gap and come back into the game, and turn the tables.

    As a Jungler, when I played games where I was behind and couldn't do shit, I simply ignored everything and cleared my jungle until I got my items and turned my 0/4 in a 6/4, and at that point my team stopped complaining about my performance and actually trusted me and listened to my calls. The "0/10 powerspike" in low elo is a reality more than a meme, the enemy most of the time underestimate the fact that all you need to do to even the odds is to get items, or that their 20/3 Lucian will still be oneshotted by your 0/7 Rengar the moment he gets two items and half.

    The problem of being behind as a team is that you'll lose map control and with that objectives control, so the enemy will start running around with Dragon Souls, Elders and Barons since you can't really contest them without dying horribly. The major mistake most teams do is keep teamfighting and losing every time, until the point the infinite death timers kick in and the game is done for. But if you don't play stupid, stall decently and farm, given enough time you can basically turn any lost game in your favor against a dangerous enemy that is too passive to close it.

    Some advices are:

    • Never teamfight, instead get picks or setup ambushes. In low elos, fed people will get overconfident a lot and will go in solo missions to farm sidelanes or take a stroll in the jungle. Punish them.
    • If you manage to get a pick or spring a successful ambush, don't overstay and don't chase survivors in areas you don't have vision. If you have number advantage, look for an objective to take, and if there isn't none, push and farm. Check death timers and when the enemy is back, rinse and repeat.
    • If you want to get an objective like a Baron or Dragon but you can't teamfight to contest it, your options are either send someone (usually your Jungler) to steal it, or create a distraction in the opposite part of the map and send someone to solo it/attract the enemy team to his position. Most of the time in low elos people will group to stop split pushers, so you can easily have one of your teammate lure 2-3 people to him and you are suddenly in a 4vs3 situation in your favor.
    • Every man for himself: you should never wander alone, and if someone gets caught let him die instead of trying to save him or counter-engage: your team is behind, it won't win that shit, don't give free kills and stay alive as much as you can.
    • Get red or blue trinkets and Control Wards: your success now depends on applying guerrilla tactics and in order to do that you must regain map control by countering the enemy's vision. You can't ambush if your bush is warded, so sweep around and clear wards, activate red trinket when moving near bushes you don't have vision on and scout with blue trinkets.

    6. General tips!

    Some general tips to close up the post:

    • As a general rule of thumb, never AFK when the game starts: everyone in your team should cover for his Jungler to counter invades and get informations about the enemy Jungler's behavior, instead of dancing in the middle of the lane or chitchatting with the enemy. Watch out if your Jungler asks you to ward specific spot of the map during this time. Also, always leash unless your Jungler explicitly said he doesn't need a leash. If you don't do all of this, don't be surprised if your Jungler happens to be fucked up at some point.
    • I strongly suggest to never invade at LV1, no matter who you have in your team (Blitzcranks are well know for this), unless you are in a full premade of five people. SoloQ uncoordinated teams spell disaster, it is way better to play safe. Also, if you absolutely want to invade, at least be sure your entire team (or the majority of it) is following you.
    • If you manage to invade at LV1 and get something out of it without losing nothing or not much, don't overstay. Get your cash and GTFO. Track Summoners used, and if you used a Summoner like Flash assume you'll probably get ganked ASAP.
    • Crabs in the river are very important objectives: they give Gold, XP, heals and provide vision in a strategic point of the map. As a laner, you should always keep an eye of those little bastards when they spawn and especially when your Jungler is around doing them, because that is the moment the two Junglers may met and start a skirmish, so you can come to help.
    • Most of the time, your Jungler will be your shotcaller. Obviously, the Jungler isn't your boss, leader or whatever, but like every other member of the team he can and will make calls in order to get something done, and he will make those calls with the macro of the game and enemy Jungler in mind because that is his area of expertise. In other words, you'll best bet in most games if you are at lost is to trust your Jungler's calls. If your Jungler can't be trusted because he is an autofilled mid Yasuo main, follow the most fed and competent member of your team. If you are the most fed and competent member of your team, be the shotcaller.
    • I strongly believe that we need a "Enemy Jungler is Here!" ping. In the meantime, what I do to alert my team about the position of the enemy Jungler is to ping "Danger" where I think he is, followed by the "Alive" ping. I think it raises more awareness.
    submitted by /u/ARMIsNOTLoaded
    [link] [comments]

    If you are in low elo and are autofilled in the support role, please DON'T do any of these.

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    I am a main support stuck in low elo and yet, I'm able to spot awful things done by low elo players who are autofilled in the support role. I've seen them many times and I cannot stand them. So please, read these carefully and don't do them.

    1) Don't pick Thresh

    Don't get me wrong, Thresh is an amazing champ. He has a lot of cc, a lot of utility and also, it works really well as both engage (AND disengage) and tank support. So... why shouldn't you pick him? Because it's really hard to master him: you need to know how his chain (Q) range and timing; you have to know how to position your lantern (W) in relation to your team (or whoever you need to save); you have to understand that you might push or pull with your chain (E) according to the situation and... well, a lot of things. I've talked with a lot of opponents about these and they are like: "I pick Thresh because I get him". And no, they don't. And probably, if you are autofilled, you neither do. That's why your score is going to be 2/8/2 or something like that.

    2) Don't do the same itemization you're doing in your "regular" position.

    Lets say you always play mid and this time you're autofilled in the support role. And lets say you are really good with, I don't know, Veigar. And you are used to buy Corruption Potion. And then you are supposed to start building your Luden's Echo or the Hextech thing... And you are thinking: "I am really good with this champ I need to build the same items!". NO. Wrong. These items are expensive and you need a lot of CS/gold to build them. When you're a support, you need to build items that aren't expensive or if they are, these items should provide an "extra" utility, that could actually help your ADC.

    3) Don't forget to buy wards everytime you recall.

    Yes, wards. Those things you are not used to buy when you are playing top/mid. They help. A lot. Buy a couple everytime you go back and put one in the tri-bush or the river bush. And once you upgrade your support item, put those wards too. Behind the dragon. In the opponents jungle, next to their red/blue buff. When your team is going for baron, bring some and keep warding. WARDS SAVE LIVES. WARDS WIN GAMES.

    4) Don't steal CS / hard push waves if you are alone in lane.

    Yes, that. Just last hit some minions and try to freeze the wave in place until your ADC comes back to lane. If the minion wave is already pushed, go to the river and put some wards. Or roam to midlane/top. Or just recall and buy some wards. It's not that hard.

    5) Don't forget to ping.

    Sometimes, the lane is boring and your ADC is farming really slow. When that's happening, take a look at your minimap and see if dragon is available and ping it a lot, to let your jungler know you are ready to help him. Check out if any of the wards are "seeing" the enemy jungler (or their midlane), and ping him. Yes, another life is saved.

    6) Don't over-use your CC ability.

    If you are using a support who has one or two abilities that CC, try to use them wisely. Sometimes, you are using it to CC the enemy support (!) and 5 seconds later, the jungler jumps over your ADC and he dies! And then, you get flamed (and you might have died too). Extra-tip: don't be afraid to flash+cc to save your teammates. Ot to flash into a ranged ulti (Caitlyn's or Jhin's, for example). Sadly, your ADC's life is worth more than yours.

    ---------

    I hope these might help you to become a better support when you're autofilled. Life could be easy for both your team and you. And you might enjoy playing as a support instead of inting and getting flamed by your team!

    submitted by /u/gabpinto
    [link] [comments]

    I want to get better, but don't know how.

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 10:54 PM PDT

    Hello! I am a Silver 1 Mid/Jungle/Don't know where main.

    I was Platinum 4 last season and to be honest I don't really know how I got there lol. My favorite champion is Swain.

    Recently I've been struggling pretty hard with a lot of my games being Feast or Famine, I either stomp really hard and don't really learn anything, or get stomped really hard and can't really do anything about since I don't play a hard carry champion like Zed. I feel as if swain is very team-reliant and I want to stop that. I'm really bad at the game at like 25+ minutes and my decision making drops pretty hard. I often find myself in situations where I feel as if the team will lose without me, and a duelist is pushing a side lane, but I'm usually not powerful enough to win the duel under tower and such don't know if I go to defend the turret and die or group with the team and hope to win a 5v4 to push them down. I'm overall a very inconsistent player and my decision making heavily varies from game to game. If there's anyone out there who would like to coach/help me get better I would greatly appreciate it!

    My summoner name is the same as my reddit username if you want to look me up, and I can provide my discord tag via dm. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ShinNotShen
    [link] [comments]

    How to kite with Kalista? What are the keybinds?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 07:50 AM PDT

    Hi I want to start playing Kalista, I have experienc with other ADCs where I usually kite with " Attack Move Click " which is binded on my A key.
    But with Kalista, when I kite with A[attack move click] sometimes I just go straight into enemy face like a missclick but it isnt.
    I watched Perkz playing Kalista and he has some circle popping around him and dissapearing as soon as he auto attacks them, what is this keybind? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/JohnKramer19
    [link] [comments]

    A helpful guide for new players, or players trying new champs:

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    If you step away from your turret and get blasted away by Senna, you can stay under turret and trade after she blows her cooldowns on minions.

    If you're playing top and the enemy Wukong is running you down and smacking you with his monkey stick, you can farm CS by your turret.

    If you're trying mid and the enemy Yasuo keeps dashing through minions with a deaths dance at 9:00, play by your turret and don't trade until his Q procs and blows past you.

    Getting frustrated and trying to pop off at the other team when you don't know how to lane against them or how to counter build will only feed them and help you lose faster.

    One of the best things I've learned this season as a newer player is how to play defensively when I get counter picked or up against a smurf.

    Learn which champions on your team scale hard and snowball and help them win lane when you roam, Like Jax, Yasuo, Lucian, Ashe, etc.

    When in doubt, play safe! It's frustrating to lose lane and my first instinct was to lash out every chance I had, but playing defensive when someone is ahead of me boosted my win rate instantly.

    EDIT: Reddit won't let me change my flair :(

    submitted by /u/TheAspiringHippie
    [link] [comments]

    Could someone give some details about cheater recalls?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Is it viable in top only? Why does it start with 2 slow push waves and the third one shoving? What would happen if I just insta shove the three waves? Is it always good to try to get a cheater recall or in certain situations is way better to just stay in lane?

    submitted by /u/iAlekz
    [link] [comments]

    I just, after 6 months maining MF, that E + R is the most effective!

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    So, I've mained Miss Fortune for about 6 months and I was watching a streamer (MissFortuneDaBas) and he used a combination of moves I hadn't seen, E + R.

    I was trying it out and it felt like i finally realized why I had been in the lowest ELO.

    "E slows them, R hurts them" simply explained.

    submitted by /u/Burlewood
    [link] [comments]

    How to play champs that scale for late

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Unranked Fiora Akali main, my game plan up to this point was get level 3, mash my abilities into their face and snowball. I've now started playing vs better laners who play safer/counter pick me and this stopped working. I've started picking less aggro toplaners such as Camille or Kayle, but it feels bad in lane, I lose early trades and can't get fed for late, and it feels horrible. Even when I freeze lane I end up giving up lane prio and my jungle complains. How do I play these slower game toplaners?

    submitted by /u/Irony_Central
    [link] [comments]

    Can we stop having posts about people telling/begging others what to do?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 08:10 AM PDT

    See so many posts of people passively complaining of a recent game of theirs.

    I would like posts that focuses more on what people can do themselves instead of shifting the responsibilities to others.

    Ex) instead of posts of junglers telling laners to watch the map at 3 min mark. Junglers can tell other junglers to ping where they think the enemy jungler will be ganking.

    Ex) supports making posts about laners that dont ward they cN make posts that focuses on how they can potlitely remind laners to help ward and set up vision control

    submitted by /u/SilverKnightOfMagic
    [link] [comments]

    What is the optimal way to take elder if the enemy JG is alive?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    Just lost a ranked game (I was Ez) because Hecarim rushed in and smited elder. Our Amumu broke off from drag and CCD him, but it wasn't fast enough for us to burst him before he could smite. Do you basically have to pick off Hecarim in this instance to even do elder? I'm not sure of the best way to do it.

    submitted by /u/whiteknight521
    [link] [comments]

    How to React to Losing Lanes

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    I see a lot about how to win lane, but how do you react to a losing lane? Just lost a ranked game at low elo because a vayne top died four times before 10 minutes and with the singed and fiddlesticks fed, all the other winning lanes and jg got trashed. Is there any advice besides dodging games?

    submitted by /u/Silly_Goobau
    [link] [comments]

    Is it me who’s failing... or my teammates?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    So I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. I'm level 46, have been playing since quarantine first started, and ranked is a whole different ballgame. I'm a jungle main who does great in norms, but crash and burn when I play ranked (I'm very low ELO, Broze II). Here are my theories as to why this happens:

    -People who play norms don't take the game as seriously so it's easier to win (hence why I have better success), whereas ranked players, no matter what elo, know how to strategize better and make our game miserable by constantly putting pressure on us.

    OR

    -Because I'm low elo, my teammates are not very good and therefore die solo in lane more than they should be, and don't know how to properly set up ganks and help me go for objectives, such as dragon. People who I play norms with are usually level 50+ so they have decent experience and more skill than those in iron/bronze even though they don't play ranked.

    Which one do y'all think it is?

    Obviously there are areas I need to work on myself. I never like to blame my team for a loss because everyone should be pulling their weight, but in the last ranked game I played, 3 of my teammates died solo in lane before I even finished my first clear and then blamed me for being a bad jungler. That doesn't happen every game, but I'm just on a mission to figure out why there is such a stark difference between my ranked play and normal play and what I can do to fix it any input would be appreciated! :)

    EDIT**: I'm not trying to make it seem like my teams suck except for me. I'm not looking for anyone to give me validation to blame them for my poor success. Simply just looking for some insight as to why I struggle so much more in ranked. I get that I have to put in a lot of work to climb and focus on what I can do better myself

    submitted by /u/99_kp
    [link] [comments]

    How do i learn when champions are relatively weaker or stronger?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 04:44 AM PDT

    I know the obvious outliers. Kassadin and Kayle scale like monsters, Lee sin is more early game. But what about twitch? Is he stronger early game, mid game or late game? I have no idea and don't know how to tell. How do i go about getting a general framework for this for all champions?

    I play support (can't adc to save my life) and I have a really hard time evaluating if we are likely to win or lose trades based on champion power. I understand how things like levels, significant item disparities, and abilities on cooldown influence this but not so much a champions innate strength at the time. It seems like a really important skill and often when I play with better people than me they will tell me things like "no we can't take that fight they have a way better level 3 than us" i want to learn more about this and how I can go about getting some sort of mental "relative power rankimg" to compare all the champions

    Please don't "its just something you get to know from playing more" i believe that's true for some people, but I've played since season 3 and still don't really know for most champions and can't figure it out. I have trouble learning from expirience because botlane is always different pairings of champions and players and skill levels. (Ie can i really say that brand is stronger than zyra early game because i got bullied? Or do I just suck at that match-up? Or were they a smurf? Or did I get bullied because my adc is weak early and can't back me up as much)

    submitted by /u/ASprinkleofSparkles
    [link] [comments]

    The first five minutes of a game are more important than you think

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 05:22 PM PDT

    I'm not challenger, but hear me out. Winning the first five minutes makes the game an awful lot easier to win.

    At :15 you can leave the base with a burst of move speed. You have time to place a ward out on the map, recall and get a sweeper which can be used again at 1:30. That's not a you should in every game thing, but know you can.

    From 0:15-1:30 There are plenty of reasons to fight or defend a spot on the map before the first buffs spawn. Think about them during loading. Communicate them to your team. Coordinated early invades can cheese you some elo.

    The first wave hits mid about the time buffs spawn (1:30). If you are the mid laner are you pushing or just letting it sit? If your top should you fake leash? Should you claim a bush?

    Between 2:45-3:15 junglers will enter the river looking for one of those juicy scuttle crabs. Have you set the wave up favorably if you need to leave? Do you win the skirmish if it's even? If not have you set up any vision, or communicated with your jungler?

    By 5:00 seven waves have hit mid lane. I started tracking my cs at five minutes, and I have not lost a game where I had more than 30 cs at 5. I find the first couple waves are the easiest to miss because your champ does less damage.

    At 5:00 dragon spawns. You should have thought about wave management to get vision, backed for an item, and thought about how you are contesting it.

    If you get to this point and get the first dragon, the game is so much easier. Even if you champ is "late game scaling" your presence at any of these locations changes the entire game.

    submitted by /u/Rsee002
    [link] [comments]

    My rank depends on the size of my screen (serious)

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    This wouldnt work in any other game but for mobas specifically or any game where information is important all over the screen when i make my screen smaller, I play way better and its not even a gradual adjustment improvement, its instant, I have a problem where if my screens too big i tunnel vision onto other things. I had a 25 inch and played on window mode but even that was too big I need something small. Maybe this is because as a kid i played gameboy a lot? Its so weird that I dont see high elos talk about this more when they are coaching someone who clearly cant keep up with the little details that the high elo describes. If i was a coach and someone told me "I tunnel vision too much" I would ask them "have you tried making the screen smaller so you can see everything in your peripheral vision?" The highest I been was D4 mmrish and i remember putting my monitor on a chair far away from me and that's how I was able to see things better.

    submitted by /u/Bigtacomeatsniper
    [link] [comments]

    Ezreal Combo Guide!

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    Hello Summoners,
    Today I want to show you a Ezreal Combo Guide, combos are very important to improve with a champion!
    The combos are seperated in four difficulty classes! From Easy to intense!

    To the Guide: https://youtu.be/8bTuewCXRBw

    I need bunch of hours to create that Combo Guide, in that case I would be happy if you could leave some constructive feedback, that I can improve my Videos!

    submitted by /u/IloveBass98
    [link] [comments]

    ADC/SUPP in mid

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 07:09 AM PDT

    Edit: many People suggest that it will be difficult for the 2vs1 in bot lane. I m not talking about 1vs2 or 2vs1 in any lane. I m talking about a 121 strat plus jungle FOR BOTH TEAMS. No chease, no nothing...

    Hello there. I know its a bad question but i really cant find a proper answer anywhere so here it is.
    Why does ADC/Supp go in bot lane while 2 sololaners go in mid and top? Wouldnt it be better to have support in midlane, where adc is more safe because the tower is always nearer, and can roam mach easier? In that scenario, mid and top can roam to mid easily to the enemy support and adc, while the support can roam with the jungler in bot(where the mage is) and the top whithout losing much xp.

    I know it s the norm to rotate your botlane after the first enemy tower to bot dies, to top, so they can take more towers and then the adc camps in midlane. But why isnt it the adc/supp in mid from the begining.
    One possible asnwer i have is that the bushes in botlane are more helpfull for engages, but its not complelty true since in mid u can engage from a variety of different angles.
    Also in case support is in mid, he can offer vision much easier much faster, to many more places in the map

    submitted by /u/ComputerScienceLover
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment