• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 23, 2021

    LoL Guide What happens when you dodge champselect in all 10 of your placements?

    LoL Guide What happens when you dodge champselect in all 10 of your placements?


    What happens when you dodge champselect in all 10 of your placements?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 05:35 AM PST

    basically title.

    I was wondering what would happen if one would do this on a fresh account (no rankeds played before). If someone would know what would happen, i would have a few questions:

    1. What exactly happens
    2. where do you get placed
    3. whats your mmr
    4. how much Lp do you get after a win/loss

    I was just wondering because i recently found out that you can get to negative Lp after dodging at 0 Lp so i am interested what riot implemented when this happens

    submitted by /u/Sarius1205
    [link] [comments]

    Your Weak Mental is The Problem. How to Build Confidence like a Tennis Pro.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:16 AM PST

    League of Legends is a technical game. From champion mastery to Lee Sin mechanics, there are many external skills to learn. You can find countless guides on YouTube, Reddit, and Twitch for these topics, but they're half the battle. To perform at the highest level in any field, we must develop inner skills. Staying concentrated. Being resilient. You may possess the knowledge to achieve X rank, but your weak mental is stopping you. No one teaches us how to navigate our minds. We only realize this problem after losing 10 games or being demoted an entire tier. And soon enough, we're back to our normal ways. That voice inside your head, scrutinizing your every move, is hindering your growth. It's preventing you from entering flow, peak psychological performance. We play out of our minds when we're not thinking too hard about our gameplay. After reading The Inner Game of Tennis by Timothy Gallwey, I couldn't help but connect the dots to esports. How can we be self-confident? How can we empty our minds? I'm going to share my notes and observations in this post. I introduce to you The Inner Game of League of Legends.

    Self 1 Versus Self 2

    We all know what it's like to be mad at ourselves. Your death during laning phase turned into a 5000 gold lead for the enemy team*.* You call yourself idiot, stupid, dumb, and the list continues. In response, you try correcting your mistakes. "I shouldn't have flashed for that kill". "I missed my ultimate". Your judgement suffocates you and brews negative emotions. Who are you talking to exactly? Gallwey identifies in every player the two selves: Self 1 and Self 2. The voice inside your head is Self 1. It craves external validation and feeling special. It believes it knows how to reach the next level. Self 1 believes it must control Self 2 in order to succeed. Self 1 has little to no respect for Self 2. On the other side, Self 2 is your body. Millions of orchestrated neurons. A complex nervous system. The prefrontal cortex. Self 2 learns to ride a bike once, and it forever holds that feeling. It is so powerful that it can perform insane outplays in high-stake moments. When Self 2 is relaxed and free, its potential is limitless. But, because Self 1 ridicules Self 2, Self 2 becomes tense. The rigidity of the muscles and mind cause more mistakes. And Self 1 continues to throw the blame at Self 2. The key to unlocking mental fortitude is changing the relationship between Self 1 and Self 2. When Self 1 respects Self 2, peak performance comes naturally. Remember the last game you played out of your mind. Notice the emptiness of your mind. No verbal instruction. Self 2 was doing the work.

    Silence The Inner Critic

    Too often I catch myself in a vicious cycle. I enter a game feeling overly conscious of my performance. I make a small mistake during laning phase, and I think the game is over. Many content creators and coaches preach self-awareness, but too much self-awareness can prevent flow. This begs the question, "If I shouldn't critic myself, who will? How will I ever improve?" The answer lies in the difference between judgement and observation. Judgement occurs when we assign a positive or negative value to an event. If you miss a cannon, that's bad. If you destroy their inhibitor, that's good. Seems harmless at first, but imagine this typical scenario. (1) An event occurs, (2) Self 1 judges the event, (3), Decides if outcome is good or bad, (4) Continues or tries correcting behavior, (5) Tries too hard, (6) Self 2 tightens, (7) Worse performance. The cycle repeats. Over time, these instances form unhelpful narratives. We go from "I missed that skillshot" to "I choke under pressure". The narratives become self-fulfilling prophecies. What happens if we replace judgement with non-judgmental observation? (1) Event occurs, (2) Observe event, (3) Gain more awareness about behavior, (4) Let Self 2 learn. We're not ignoring our mistakes. We're just rephrasing them as patterns. Judgement is saying "My CS was bad", and observation is saying "My CS was 5.1 per minute". The former causes negative self-talk, and the latter leads to productive discovery. When we're too absorbed in judgment, we can't experience our behavior. We don't give Self 2 the chance to reflect and adapt. Knowing that you play too passively is nothing compared to feeling that you play passively. Kinesthetic experience is the best teacher. Self 1 doesn't need to manage Self 2. Self 2, your body, is designed to learn through awareness and its senses.

    Picture The Desired Outcome

    Before books and online tutorials, our ancestors learned skills by watching others. The prefrontal cortex, the product of thousands of years of evolution, is home to mirror neurons. When performing a motor task like picking up a rock, your brain fires neurons. Interestingly, when you watch someone else perform the same task, your brain still fires some neurons. Images are the language of Self 2. Not verbal instruction. When watching Faker's mouse clicks, your Self 2 is subconsciously acting them out. It absorbs the tiniest movements which are invisible to Self 1. The next time you play, your Self 2 refers to Faker as an example. From my experience, I experience a small buff in performance after watching pro play or Challenger VoDs. The problem with ego-based learning systems is their dogmatic and ambiguous nature. We take concepts and ideas too seriously. The answer to "When should I splitpush?" greatly depends on the state of the game. How you play a champion depends on the matchup and junglers. In terms of ambiguity, say a coach tells 10 of its students that "You should play aggressively as Zed". The result is not one cohesive feel for Zed but 10 different interpretations. Does that mean tower-diving at Level 6? Does that mean pushing the wave relentlessly? The less instruction that intrudes Self 2's natural learning progress, the better. Use outside learning models, but don't let them use you. Watch the best and focus on what most interests you.

    Cultivate Concentration

    You're 20 minutes into a Ranked game and your team is up 20 to 5. This game looks over. Your team's arrogance leads to a 50-50 baron call. Despite the scoreboard, they steal the baron and the throwing begins. Your Self 1 wanders and is bombarded by what ifs and should haves. Nervous about losing, you make a rash teamfight engage that makes matters worse. Soon enough, your teammates lose trust in each other, and you lose the game. Sounds familiar doesn't it? How do we stay focused during the highs and lows of solo queue? There are two strategies we can leverage to let Self 2 thrive in uncertainty. First, the most effective way to deepen concentration through sight is to focus on subtle details. Gallwey suggests focusing on the seams of the tennis ball instead of trying to hit it. I applied this suggestion to CSing in League and saw immediate benefits. CSing or farming is a core fundamental to the game. You try to time your autoattacks with the minions' health bars. You watch carefully as the particles fly back and forth. Your muscles tense. You miss and get angry. This type of focus doesn't let Self 2 do the work. Instead of trying to CS the minion, pay attention to its color and animations. I find this technique to be relaxing and mesmerizing. It's not tied to the outcome. It empties your mind. Second, focus on your breath. Your breath is always available. Whatever happens in your solo queue games, you have your breath to realign your focus. Lost a teamfight? Focus on your breath. Nexus race? Focus on your breath. If you're dwelling on mistakes, you're causing Self 2 to make lapses in attention. Self 1 tries to take control because it's afraid of losing. Your concentration level is the measurement of how many milliseconds you use in a second. How present are you? It's hard to describe what we're thinking during flow, but we know that Self 1 wasn't chattering away. Trust in Self 2 like it's a gift bestowed to you. Sacrifice Self 1.

    Play The Game. Nothing Else.

    I highly recommend reading The Inner Game of Tennis. It shares insights on performance in the context of tennis but can be applied to all walks of life. When striving for a particular rank, we become obsessed with external validation. If I'm X Tier, then my peers will respect me. Only then am I a person of value and intelligence. This obsession is why we grow anxious and become depressed in game. On top of your team's negativity, your Self 1 belittles your Self 2. Do not be too hard on yourself. You are more than a tier, division, or elo. Be patient with yourself and allow time for improvement. Don't play for the high of winning. Play because you enjoy testing your limits. When playing for the sake of the game, you facilitate a childlike attitude towards learning. You'll feel less stress and pressure to perform. Play for excellence not glory.

    submitted by /u/Riftwalkerdotgg
    [link] [comments]

    If you are a Jungler, disable chat as soon as you can.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 11:48 AM PST

    I believe chat is probably the biggest distraction for a Jungler.

    Reason I say that is because if a game goes wrong or if things get weird your chat almost always blows up, and you are more than likely looking at chat than looking at your map.

    I learned that this season, I was able to farm a lot better, focus on my objectives, and I'm currently learning how to play from behind. Also, I have a clearer head space whether I win or lose.

    From my knowledge, Jungle is one of the most demanding roles, if not the most. You have to track where everyone is, keep up with farm, get objectives, deep ward, prep before you get an objective, sweep for wards, your eyes are mostly on the map when you're taking camps, work with all 3 lanes to get a gank, and maintain your overall focus on what you want to do in the game.

    So, with that being said, if you disable chat, you can focus on what is going on over why your ADC and Support are arguing about why their behind. Jungle is a tough role, and there are a lot of people who are just learning to Jungle, and they don't need that distraction or negativity in their life.

    Have fun in the Jungle to people learning it, or even my Jungle Mains that are struggling ❤️

    submitted by /u/TheNative93
    [link] [comments]

    Learning the game but getting reported?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 02:11 PM PST

    I'm new to lol and sub 30. Still trying to learn the ropes, watching videos, analysing builds and such. But nearly every time I play I'm against players who are better than me and of course I'm dying a lot. I keep being told I'm feeding and an being reported.

    I get that a lot of it is hot air, but how does reporting work? Is it after X reports of one type they review your games or something?

    Also if reporting matters, how do I improve at this damn game? Do I stick with one champ for 30 games to avoid being reported? Or keep trying different ones? I've been trying out champs to find ones that feel right but I'm getting worried about being reporting by other players. It seems like every guide has different thoughts on this but no talk of how to deal with obnoxious reporters/players.

    I've tried learning champions in AI games but they don't act like players do (duh) and I find it completely useless other than to practice basic techniques or get the hang of how a champ feels.

    So do I just muteall and do my best and not worry about reporting?

    And also does me reporting abusive or obnoxious players actually do anything?

    submitted by /u/Frezzin
    [link] [comments]

    Serylda's Grudge vs Lord Dominik's Regards: damage comparison

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 01:05 PM PST

    Hello everyone.

    Today I was curious about what item dealt more damage based on armor and max HP more than me. At which point the 5% more armor penetration is equal to a 15% damage increase?

    I got a chart for you: Chart

    Basically what you see is the equation where Serlyda equals LDR in terms of damage.

    The area above the line is where LDR wins, the area below is where Serylda wins.

    If anyone is wondering, the limit to infinity (infinite armor) is 952 Max HP more than your champ.

    Hope you enjoyed the theorycrafting.

    EDIT: the limit means that if someone has more than 952 max HP than you, it doesn't matter how much armor he has, LDR will always deal more damage than Serylda

    submitted by /u/Nojsd
    [link] [comments]

    Complete S11 Viktor guide by Remmi

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:33 AM PST

    Hey guys,

    I am Remmi, a high Diamond Viktor main that peaked Grandmaster 326LP with a 65% on Viktor and a 57% winrate overall in ~100 games (screenshot1, screenshot2). I am here to share with you my complete S11 Viktor guide!

    Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cMamRmGurvKtJPKiEjNmV5LcN-0hh0f6yYYpisHWbgk

    The guide contains all Mid matchups for Viktor, all builds and runes with explanations when each of them should be used.

    Have fun with the new Viktor that creates early leads and snowballs them into an amazing mid game, while still having a very good late game!

    submitted by /u/Remmi_
    [link] [comments]

    How do people stick to champs?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 04:54 PM PST

    Lots of players advise one tricking or playing max 2-3 champs, but if I do that I get bored of them very easy, at most maybe 100 games on them before having to move onto another. I really want to climb and get good at one champ but I like so many and I always get bored before too long. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/KamiNeedsAMouse
    [link] [comments]

    Blind pick or draft for beginners

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 01:00 PM PST

    I'm new to the game and I'm currently level 9. I've got to this rank from playing Vs AI and have yet to play versus actual players mainly because I have a bit of anxiety about playing a game and not being good (largely due to the games reputation of a toxic player base). I am also worried about being forced into a position I don't have any clue how to play, mainly jungle and support. Because of this I was wondering for my first forest into pvp if should skip blind pick and go into draft pick when it unlocks at lvl 10? What's the best way to get into pvp as a new player?

    submitted by /u/Brooktipus
    [link] [comments]

    Samira Tips and Tricks by S10 Challenger

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 05:16 PM PST

    Hey summoners, I made a video giving my personal tips and tricks on Samira, the Desert Rose. This is a guide covering combos and general things to know and things to have in mind while playing Samira.

    I also don't think anyone has gone over E+Q+Flash yet, so I covered that here as well.

    Anyways, here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTQ2mGm4WhI

    Ciao!

    submitted by /u/evneslol
    [link] [comments]

    Ranked doesn't feel even at all?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 04:31 PM PST

    I'm playing ranked solo/duo (bronze 1) and the games are almost never even? It's either we get the good players and stomp, or they get the good players and stomp. This is the first season I've played ranked properly as I thought it would be more balanced than Normals but it really doesn't feel that way at all. I'm playing Support and can only do so much when we have a 1/15 Hecarim on our team and shit like that happens quite often, so many people at this elo are horrific at ADC/Jungle and it's usually the deciding factor.

    It really feels like the game forces you to lose by giving you the worst teammates imaginable if you've been winning a few games in a row, it happens so often I'll win maybe 3-5 games in a row and then lose the same amount. It just makes me not want to play at all when I lose all night because my teammates won't stop running in 1v4.

    Does the matchmaking system ever get better or is this as good as it gets?

    PS: There really should be a system in place where you have to be a certain mastery with a champion before you can play it in ranked, so many other games do this and it baffles the mind why LoL doesn't. I really don't want a guy on my team playing a champion he has no experience with in ranked.

    submitted by /u/MrHuk
    [link] [comments]

    Should Darius (without TP) come down for 2nd or 3rd drake in low ELO?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:24 AM PST

    I'm currently a Darius main in Silver, and I'm wondering how I should be approaching mid game macro around drakes. I understand that with split push champs like Trynd, you should try to pressure opposite side of the map. However, with Darius, I feel like I should try to group and take fights as much as possible especially in Silver. If I don't, a lot of the time my team will lose drake and fall behind, so I'm wondering coming for drake is the correct idea so that I can help the rest of the team.

    submitted by /u/OkInflation5
    [link] [comments]

    How to hit Diamond 4

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 07:09 AM PST

    I was diamond in season 8 then i started again but i can't climb. Hardstuck plat 4 now. What should i do? I play top lane and jungle. Darius, wukong, malphite, volibear, nasus, camille, jax, cho gath on top. Kayn, nunu in jungle. Sometimes i feed and i know im feeding but after in another game im still feeding. I know this but sometimes i can't stop. Sorry if my grammar is bad. English is not my first language.

    submitted by /u/dexdayx
    [link] [comments]

    A List Of Ranked Rules/Guidelines I wish I Always Followed

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 08:54 PM PST

    What's poppin summoners! My name is Milo and I have been playing League for over five years now. One of my favorite things about this game is how readily available advice/guidance is, this subreddit being a prime example. No matter what advice you need/what question you want to ask chances are it has been covered somewhere. I personally have filled my mind and computer with tons of information pertaining to this game over the years. This being said, I sometimes struggle to remember everything and put it into practice when the time comes. I decided I would try to condense some of the most important and impactful information (in my opinion) into a little document I can look over before I play. Sometimes I just want to relax and unwind with a few games, or play with my friends, when this is the case I say "screw it" I am playing for fun and my performance is secondary. However, when I play ranked I want a little reminder of how I should conduct myself to get the best results. Here are the "rules" I try to follow when I play ranked:

    Pre-Game

    1st- Don't que up if you are upset, tired, or otherwise distracted.

    1.5th- Don't play while drunk/high if applicable.*

    2nd- Be clean and comfortable before queuing up.

    3rd- Don't play with people who are going to bring you down/random people you meet in solo Q (that guy may have popped off last game but that doesn't mean he's your ticket to the next rank).

    4th- Play one main role and a few main champions at most. If you don't get your role/champ don't be afraid to dodge.

    5th- Use OP.GG to check the quality of teammates and dodge bad players/picks.

    6th- Do not talk with teammates unless it relates directly to winning the game.*

    7th- Do not become tilted or distracted by mistakes, accept them, and move on.

    8th- Do not become intimidated or overconfident, stay in a calm mindset.

    9th- Accept that not all games are winnable, and that results matter less than one's own performance (ie. Winning is great but you still may have played poorly or made mistakes that impeded your success).

    10th- Take responsibility for games going poorly. Do not tilt; but understand that it is never simply "your teammates fault" or "the enemy got lucky" those kinds of thoughts do nothing and are a waste of time. You did not lose because of how many mistakes your teammate made you lost because of how many opportunities you missed out on (weather or not this is always the case thinking this way can help you improve).*

    In-Game

    1st- Do not sit AFK in base or under turret until 1:30, look to scout enemy team or predict an invade.

    2nd- Think about where the enemy jungle will start and try to keep track of them throughout the game.

    3rd- CHECK YOUR MINI MAP, seriously look at this thing every 5-10 seconds.

    4th- Think about where your jungle is and how you can help them, think about objective timing, and remember: if you want a dragon best be there BEFORE it spawns.

    5th- The small things: Keep in mind the cooldowns for your abilities and summoner spells, as well as those of the enemy. Think about what items everyone has, their power spikes, and how that might affect a decision.

    6th- WARDS: Make sure to buy a sweeping lens/blue trinket after lane phase. Make sure to use your wards/lens. Keep track of enemy wards and always ask yourself "is this warded?" Buy and use pink wards whenever possible.

    7th- LANING: CS well, know when to give/take minions. Take trades when the enemy goes to farm/is in a weak position and trade around lvl/cooldown advantages. Understand the enemy champs power spikes and respect them. Do not engage on an enemy if you don't know where their jungle is. Look to roam and impact the map if you have a lead. Do not help a losing lane if it means giving up any/all of your lead. Learn/use wave management.

    8th- TEAMFIGHTING: Know when to team fight vs split push/look for picks. Think about your positioning and weather you could be caught. Focus the right target, look to neutralize the enemy carry, or take out their assassin instead of focusing the first person. After you win a team fight push your lead as much as possible (ie. Take enemy camps, towers, push all lanes, take an objective) and then know when to recall (usually after taking an objective or winning a big fight you want to all recall and spend gold as a team)

    9th- Don't die. It sounds so obvious and silly but staying alive is crucial if you want to affect the game. Don't make a choice you know is risky/bound to fail.

    10th- PING! PING! PING! Use your pings to guide your team to follow your calls, if your opponent roams, spam ping missing. If you need help at a dragon spam ping that. If pings are not working copy and paste a phrase for quick use, for instance: "TALON HEADED BOT"

    After Game

    1st- Think about how your performed (regardless of the results of the game) think about what you could have done better, why things went well or badly for you/your team. If you lost and can't figure out why watch the replay ("I was super fed, my teammates were just too bad to carry" or "I did everything I could, there was no way to win") Maybe the right call was never playing the game out in the first place(dodging), maybe you made one small misplay that snowballed, maybe you could have prevented something bad but failed to see it.

    2nd- Take a break, seriously your body and mind will thank you. Take a fifteen-minute break every game or two and use this time to relax your hands/wrists, and to think about/evaluate the last game.

    3rd- If you got tilted in the last game, found yourself distracted/tired, or didn't enjoy yourself take a longer break or stop for the day. There is no point in playing just for rank or just because you don't want to stop playing. The most consistent thing to do in this case is stop playing, go play another game, exercise, do a hobby, etc. and come back to League when you are in a better state of mind.

    4th- Do not continue playing if you are on a losing streak. Even if you are not tilted/don't care whatever, stop playing, there is no point in chasing a win if there are numerous defeats in its wake. If you lost a lot of games in a row there is probably a reason other than "bad luck" and it is beneficial to take a step back and maybe try something new.

    5th- Don't over think things. Superstition has no place in league. Sometimes one may think "I can't go to bed on a loss" or "If I think I wont win then I will sabotage myself" or "I have to play X number of games a day" These are all mental stumbling blocks that will hold you back from making rational choices about the game. Go with what feels right and remember it's about fun/enjoyment. There is no point in psyching yourself out when you could be thinking about the game and how to improve.

    Notes:

    Pre-Game:

    *1.5- I know this one may be kind of odd (and I really hope its fine to include/mention this on this sub) but for some people substance use is a normal part of their life it just seems worth mentioning that if you are at all serious about your performance in ranked, being intoxicated will definitely have a negative affect.

    *6- This one might come across as rude or uncooperative, but the sheer number of times I have lost because I typed the wrong thing (even when I had good intentions) to the wrong player make me believe it is honestly not worth trying to connect with your team. If conversating with your team is a big part of the enjoyment by all means go for it, I just believe it is more consistent to say nothing apart from "let's do X" or "pay attention to X"

    *10- I do understand that sometimes a game is unwinnable no matter how well you play. If you have someone intentionally sabotaging your game it may be lost, however blaming others will NEVER help IN ANY WAY.

    In-Game:

    *3- I think this is probably the single most important rule, I sometimes lay awake at night wondering how many games I would have won if only I checked the map more.

    *10- This one is huge for climbing I think. So many times people will ping once or twice, and yea in a perfect world this would be more than enough. The fact of the matter is: if you only ping that your lane is missing one time you are bound to wind up in a situation where someone is saying "he never pinged" "gg mid diff" "Nice MIA bot" etc.

    After-Game:

    *2- Taking a break is such an under appreciated part of gaming in general. Just like any other sport you can't expect to play 24/7 and do well. I have had countless times where I am in pain because I played too long or didn't take breaks. Respect your body and listen to it!

    submitted by /u/MiloPeyote
    [link] [comments]

    I've been playing the game on and off since 2011 and i can barely hit silver 1-2, how to improve

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 12:40 PM PST

    Hello,

    I have problems with being to afraid to trade and roam risking losing cs and lane advantage, often i find myself having one of the worst cs of the game and basically my decision making is poor i can only rely on my game knowledge but it seems I regressed during those years. what can u recommend, I've tried watching my games and some pro plays but I'm stuck in the mud atm.

    thank you for your attention.

    submitted by /u/waldek59
    [link] [comments]

    Team Comp / Counterpicking for a beginner

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 01:47 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I'm a fairly new returning player to League of Legends - I played ages ago (~2014) when I was a teen and have taken the game up again. I'm maining ADC and I'm comfortable playing a small pool of 3 champions - Ashe, MF, and Varus. My question is, how do I go about deciding which one to play in a given game? I know that team composition and counterpicking are considerations, but I feel like I don't know enough about all the different champions to know things like "Oh, they picked Draven, that means I should pick ________ to counter him". What are the basics of team comp and counterpicking I should be aware of with these 3 champions in particular, and how can I learn more so that I can make more nuanced decisions in champ select?

    submitted by /u/xRabidWalrusx
    [link] [comments]

    So this post, is made because i need a 2nd main, im doing amazing on darius, and im silver rank. But when darius gets banned i dont have any champs that im good with so i lose LP, Now i only play top for darius, so im not a top laner, So between Rakan or Ornn who can be my 2nd climbing partner/champ

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 05:30 PM PST

    This is a very serious post, because i want one of them, so dont recommend me Yone or Sett. I want to be able to carrry the team as much as possible. Now both Do crowd control which is very good team fights. I also play bard support, so i got experience on bot lane, and im actually kinda decent, but because bard is such a complicated and hard champ, for a low elo like me it wont work.

    submitted by /u/Galact123
    [link] [comments]

    View minions as gift bags

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 11:28 AM PST

    I started to view minions as gift bags on conveyors and we need to pick them up before they fall off into the abyss near the end of the conveyor (getting killed by turrets).

    This view helps me with lane assignment with simple TP usages.

    When the wave pushes to one side, the winning side will soon accumulate enough minions to the point where they are killing the enemies fast enough they hardly die. Without players' interference the wave will push forward until they reach the enemy turret and starts bouncing back.

    When the wave pushes to us, we are in no hurry to reach the fighting minions because our gift bags will just accumulate and head toward us. We don't need to TP over; walking is fast enough. When the wave is pushing away from us, those juicy minions are dying for nothing and they exp/gold go straight into oblivion. This is when we want to rush over there. TP for sure if it's during laning phase. TP might still be worth it later in the game depending on objective timer.

    After someone pick up the wave, ideally we can push it all the way to the enemy turret so all the gold/exp from our minions go to waste. Of course, there are multiple reasons when this isn't a good idea. For example, enemies can all be missing and it's not safe pushing the wave too far out or maybe dragon/baron is coming up and your team needs us, but we should at least reverse the wave motion and let push to the enemy before we leave. Meanwhile, our team should avoid a full on engage until we are back with the team.

    Remember, 15 cs = 1 kill. When the game is somewhat close, a lot of it comes down to which team farms more effectively.

    submitted by /u/StarIU
    [link] [comments]

    Help With Laning Fundamentals

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 05:19 PM PST

    Hi, I am a low elo player on NA and I'm looking for mid lane 1v1's so I can learn the fundamentals of laning and various matchups.

    I have been studying Zen Coaching's videos and I want to put the teachings into practice. Ranked and Norms are really inefficient.

    Looking for Diamond+ so I can really test and push myself to improve against opponents that understand laning well. To lose is to improve and I really want to improve.

    I'll honestly take any rank because practice is practice, but Diamond+ is preferred so I can learn properly the hard way since I'll be abused for all my mistakes and will understand how to minimize my mistakes and abuse opponent mistakes better.

    I main mid but I played a ton of top because I like playing riven and have been playing her for like 2-3 years now alongside mid and probably still won't stop playing her anytime soon (on another account). I am now going back mid and playing TF and Annie (mainly TF) because he requires good fundamentals to be useful and Annie is simple enough for you to learn the fundamentals of mid in general.

    These are 2 of Zen's Videos if you are interested. The first one is a coaching session I watched and is the reason I'm looking for 1v1's and the second is on applying fundamentals which is what I'm also looking to practice aside from the things said in the first:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk8xx_oHeEg&t=2487s

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrACMHo246g

    If you are interested can you contact me at Avery Wilde#0001 on discord? I am a lot more active on that than I am on Reddit where I come in look at rivenmains posts for like a minute then leave again for weeks or months.

    submitted by /u/XLANHarukaYuuki
    [link] [comments]

    My brother just got into League, how do I teach him how to play?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 05:12 PM PST

    Hey guys, the title is pretty much self explanatory. I play League since 2014 but I find it very hard explaining the basics to someone because I already play for a long time.

    Because of that I don't know how to start explaining anything, I dont know what I should teach him first, and it's all a big confusion.

    Does anyone have beginner guides for really new players to Moba? Hes already level 30 but of course he doesnt know anything about the game yet, most champions he still doesnt know what they do.

    Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!

    submitted by /u/DRTIcePenguin
    [link] [comments]

    is getting challenger after spending 4 yrs in silver, possible?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 04:37 PM PST

    ok so basically ive been playing since season 6 and i never got higher than silver elo but my goal was 2 hit challenger, and with each yr i told myself that next season will b it, but w each season i feel like its never gonna happen. Also the fact that there isnt a single challenger player who spent whole 4 seasons in the lowest elo possible, makes me think that i should just give up. every1 ofc keeps saying "just improve" but i swear i did, i completely crush my lane 70% of the time and roam around and get good teamfights make good decisions, but then misplay ONCE and i completely lose the entire game, idek know what 2 do anymore, like am i just this garbage that i cant carry and should just give up or am i ultra unlucky, and should just give up? also if u know any challenger players who started off as hardstuck gold, plz give me their name, although i know there isnt any, cuz I've already been looking 4 one 4 the past 2 yrs and i have not found a single one

    submitted by /u/Vast-Conclusion6952
    [link] [comments]

    A guide to different invade paths level 1

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 03:01 AM PST

    Hey everybody, my second article for Dignitas has just been posted here. I would really appreciate any feedback or comments. Thanks everyone glhf on the rift!

    submitted by /u/Squami11
    [link] [comments]

    How is DPS calculated in the trainer?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 12:35 PM PST

    How is dps calculated in the trainer tool?

    I'm testing trundle's auto attack damage and I have selected runes that won't affect his damage in any way.

    I only have titanic equipped. While he hits the for the same (109), the dps spikes up then steadily keeps falling. Why is that? Damage is linear and constant. Rate of attacks is the same. Why wouldn't dps remain equal as well? (No use of any abilities)

    Watch - https://streamable.com/v5bxc9

    Further testing. I wanted to compared titanic vs hydra on trundle

    Titanic - dps kept dropping, past 5 mins dps was 96 (hard to tell if that's hard plateau). Hitting for 109

    Hydra - dps seemed to stop at 99. However, I was hitting for 133.

    I don't know what to make of dps, it doesn't seem to be useful information for comparison.

    submitted by /u/paradiselater
    [link] [comments]

    Adc low damage in short games?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 10:15 AM PST

    In sorter games (let's say the enemy team ffs at 15 mins) I often have the least dmg on the team. I've had some supports do more but I guess that's due to roaming and poke dmg?

    Is this something I should focus on? If we get a pick in lane I go for it or if there's a fight in river I go to help.

    Is this just a trope of being an ADC? I know they need items to start dishing out real damage but it still feels low.

    Also, where should an adc land in a longer game? I know it's a bit of an arbitrary thing to aim for but I want to make sure I'm carrying my weight!

    Thanks for the advice!

    submitted by /u/Green-Conclusion3608
    [link] [comments]

    low damage

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 04:08 PM PST

    Hi, I started playing league a few months ago and I am currently level 45 and I mostly play miss fortune ADC but I really don't deal any damage even if I buy eclipse and the collector, the majority of the time supports deal more damage than me. I think I don't auto-attack enough I usually just right click I don't get the whole clicking A to auto-attack at all. I don't really know what to do or how to improve, i don't really tend to go all in i tend to play safe a lot but even when i do not my damage is always super low and i don't know what to do :(

    submitted by /u/coldsouppe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment