• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 20, 2019

    LoL Guide Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 9.23

    LoL Guide Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 9.23


    Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 9.23

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 05:30 AM PST

    Hello summoners!

    In order to create better discussion in the subreddit, we will be redirecting all simple questions to this thread.

    What is a simple question? Typically, we define a simple question as something that can be answered fully within a single, or maybe two at most, comments. In this thread, you can ask any question you need answered about League of Legends, even if it isn't necessarily about learning the game itself. Keep in mind we will still continue to remove golden rule violations, rants, memes, topics against Riot's ToS, and paid services - but the other rules are generally more lax here.


    What you can do to help!

    For now, this is a patch-based thread, meaning it will be posted once every two weeks. Checking back on this thread later in the patch and answering any questions that have been posted would be a huge help!

    If you're trying to ask a question, the more specific you are, the better it is for all of us! We can't give you any help if we don't get much to work with in the first place.


    Resources

     

    Which do you use? Deviations in stats are typically minor, so whichever one you prefer.


    If you have any suggestions for this thread, please let us know through modmail how we could improve!

    submitted by /u/Caedei
    [link] [comments]

    Mentoring Thread: Patch 9.23

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 06:27 AM PST

    Please do not reply directly to the thread.

    Coaches: reply to the regional comments with the application format below.

    Students: contact coaches (PM/reply) before adding them in-game.



    Respect our Golden Rule. If you find that certain teachers/students are disrespectful, send us a message here.

    For all the previous weeks: https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/wiki/archives


    Format for replies|Only Teachers should directly reply to the distinguished comments

    :--:|:--: Copy paste this and fill it up in your responses.

    Teacher:

    Summoner Name:

    **League / Division**: **Areas of expertise**: **Champions**: **Languages Spoken**: **Duration of Mentoring**: **Preferred Methods**: **Other Info**: 

    Previous Week Threads: https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/wiki/archives


    General Guidelines for Students

    • You will be making the first contact by sending a PM or replying to the mentor of your choice.

    • Come prepared. What do you want to take away from this? Is there anything the mentors can review?

    • Know your issues: In which areas do you struggle?

    • You must understand that getting better is all about yourself. Bring your best attitude.

    • Be motivated. The results are proportional to the amount of effort you put in practice.

    • Mentors are here to assist and help you with the difficulties you encounter. This is not a way to find high elo Duo Queue partners.


    General Guidelines for Mentors

    • You will accept players of your choice as students upon receiving their messages. The responsibility to make further contact and set up times falls on you.

    • Be clear as to what you want to do for your student(s) in your description: Review replays, lane together in normals, experiment and practice in custom games, simply answer questions/discuss, etc.

    • Try to organize your sessions by having specific themes. You do not want to overburden someone with too much information at once.

    • Give yourself discussion prompts to avoid losing your trail of thought. Slow down, clarify your opinions and make sure the student understands.

    • It is important to always promote a positive attitude and mentality towards playing and improving.


    Tools

    submitted by /u/Botkwai
    [link] [comments]

    The "new" item Umbral Glaive, makes you one shot wards regardless of being revealed by the item effect or being ranged or melee.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 07:26 AM PST

    Title. Drahktarr was only when melee and revealed by item. This item has the "instakill ward" deal triple damage to wards effect SEPARATED from the cooldown, which leads to believe this is intended.

    I had a lot of fun rushing this item as Senna, honestly I expect to see it lose the "ranged" instakill privilege soon though.

    submitted by /u/-SNST-
    [link] [comments]

    Small Jungle change to be aware about.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 05:28 AM PST

    In case anyone was as confused as I was, doing any 3 camps will get you level 3 as long as you don't do raptors AND wolves as part of your 3 camps.

    For example:

    If you do red, raptors, wolves, you won't get level 3.
    If you do red, raptors, gromp, you will get level 3.

     

    My old information was incorrect. You can't go buff, buff, any camp. You can go buff, buff, (gromp, krugs). But you can't go buff, buff, (wolves, raptors).

     

    You need 660 XP to hit level 3.

     

    Raptors provides 145
    Wolves provides 145
    Red buff provides 165
    Blue buff provides 165
    Gromp provides 185
    Krugs provides 210
    First camp cleared provides 165.

     

    Some examples:

    Raptors(145) + Wolves(145) + Red/Blue(165) + FCB(165)(First clear bonus) = 620 (Level 2)
    Red/Blue(165) + Gromp(185) + Wolves(145) + FCB(165) = 660 (Level 3)
    Red(165) + Krugs(210) + Gromp(185) + FCB(165) = 725 (Level 3)

    submitted by /u/VoiceSC
    [link] [comments]

    I finally figured out why I was misclicking so much recently... You need to enable "Attack move on cursor"

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 06:23 PM PST

    PSA: If you are using Attack Move (A click), enable 'Attack move on cursor' in your settings under "Game", so it actually does what you think it will do (Attack the closest target to your cursor).

    I did not have it enabled (I did before but for some reason my settings were changed) and I started missclicking so frequently, I actually doubted myself, thinking I am washed up because it was so extremely bad. Here is an example of what I was dealing with: https://streamable.com/2zyt2

    Here are the two versions compared:

    1. Without Attack move on cursor
    2. With Attack move on cursor

    As you can see, if you don't have that option enabled, using Attack move isn't really increasing your accuracy at all. I'm sorry if this bothers some people because it's trivial info for you but for those frustrated ADC mains that experience a similar problem, I hope this helps.

    submitted by /u/Dualweed
    [link] [comments]

    Best champions to use Omnistone?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 06:08 AM PST

    What are the champions who could use the new rune Omnistone? What if a champion can only benefit from one of the runes in it. Is it ok to use it on a champion then? And what champion can use effectively most of the 14 runes. Is it best used on toplaners, junglers, midlaners, adcs or supports?

    I was thinking that i would be the best on junglers but i really have no idea. I wanna hear your opinion on this stuff and give suggestions on what champions can use it the best! Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Fuupei
    [link] [comments]

    How do you normalize Attack Move as opposed to right clicking everything

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 05:48 AM PST

    As the title says, currently a Gold 3 support main who plays fill when with friends, and I have never used attack move in my life. I am always looking to improve but this is something that I have just never personally started doing.

    In what ways is attack moving better than good ol' fashioned right clicking? Are there any good ways of getting in the habit of attack moving? Any key binding that you find easier?

    submitted by /u/Dracokind
    [link] [comments]

    When is building defense items early viable on adc? What are good items to build?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 08:28 AM PST

    Is it worth it to build GA early in the game as ADC if the enemy team has a lot of burst or dive? same can be said about other defensive items as well or talking about what ones are viable.I know that it will gimp your damage instead of following typical build paths but I've ran into problems where I just get one shot in fights.

    I've tried following previous advice where you just try to wait fights out and shoot the person closest to you, but sometimes I won't be able to deal damage in fights at all without putting myself in danger. I know you want to avoid danger as much as possible so this is a problem. It's not like I'm front lining either, I'll be in the back line and have vision.

    A team fight happens but I need to respect the gap close so I can't deal damage at all, if I do try to auto i insta die.J4 having flash ult is an example. If I don't try to auto I deal no damage in the fight but am safe. But we lose the fight because I can't contribute anything. Another example being a katarina and we don't have cc. If I don't have enough peel should I build defensive items first or should I just split?

    Itemization and how to play this part of the game has always been hard to get a grasp on.

    submitted by /u/WarioFanBoy
    [link] [comments]

    After I win my lane and destroy my enemy laner’s tower, what do I do next?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 09:28 AM PST

    For reference, I'm a Silver ADC Twitch main and like the title says, I'm not sure where to go after my lane is done. I usually just wander around and look at the mini-map for when a fight is about to start. However, when I do this, I get under-leveled and fall behind the enemy ADC in terms of gold and cs; which unintentionally screws my team since my lead gets thrown out the window because of me not knowing what to do next. What should I do?

    Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/Chill0wl
    [link] [comments]

    What are your experiences with the new terrain changes? How do they each affect the game?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 09:28 AM PST

    The patch has been out for a few hours, and i would like to know about what you guys think about the terrain changes coming with the third drake spawn.

    I like how they spice each game up and how tactically the game changes depending on which drake spawns third. I have only played a single game so far with the inferno map changes and i liked how the game felt after it spawned. It really allowed for more engages and different flank routes.

    submitted by /u/MonDew
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get smartcast to work, and what is quick cast??

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 11:07 AM PST

    Really confused on settings, I've been trying to get better mechanics by training myself to use AA move on left click and taking abilities off normal cast. Problem is some abilities I just don't like quickast for, like heimmer E, I cannot aim it if it's on quickcast, the problem is I don't know how to just have that ability on normal cast. But when I use AA move and normal cast I keep messing up skill shots by accidentally left clicking to cast the ability and then end up autoattacking instead. All I want is for some things to be in quick cast and other just normal.

    Also I made an alt account and I don't know how to turn on smartcast (you know the thing that shows where the spell is going to go) even if I turn quick cast off I still can't see where the spell is going to go the only difference is how long it takes to cast the spell.

    Please give me setting help! Also if you have any other settings I try or if you have any tips for getting used to AA move and quickcast it would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/runnersclub
    [link] [comments]

    Lethality

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 12:31 PM PST

    Hello. I have a question that is kinda stupid and I've been wondering a lot about it. What's the different between lethality and armor pent? Which one of them is better vs tanks and how do they scale. And if you're playing vs a team that consists of 3 tanks and 1 of them is darius or nasus that heals and their adc has a good amount of lifesteal. Is it wise to go for mortal reminder to lower that healing and give up the extra armor pent or screw it and go for lord for the 35% armor pent? (I'm a jgl main and I don't usually play lanes so I'm trying to learn)

    submitted by /u/TSM_Raven25
    [link] [comments]

    How do I teamfight as riven?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 12:59 PM PST

    Hi, I've been otping Riven for a few months now. I have more or less mastered the toplane matchups and win my lane most of the time and manage to get a lead. But then I start dropping off because I don't know what to do since I'm in silver and there are lots and lots of unnecessary teamfights that happen and I have no idea what to do in a teamfight.

    • When I flash to get their adc, most of the time I always get stunlocked by their team and the fights just ends up on being a loss for my team because they didn't have a toplaner.

    • When I try to frontline I just die since Riven doesn't have much hp or tankiness like a tanky toplaner does.

    • When I try to peel for my adc my team loses again because of the non-existent toplaner.

    So, what does Riven do in a teamfight?

    submitted by /u/formanuclearthrone
    [link] [comments]

    Should AD supports start buying blue trinket?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 08:31 AM PST

    So with the addition of Umbral Glaive for 2400 gold, should supports like Pyke consider buying blue trinket as opposed to sweeper? Umbral Glaive's Blackout works for 8 secs on a 45 sec cd while sweeper works for 10 secs on a 90-60 sec cd. It seems redundant to have 2 sweepers unless the enemy team has multiple champs that place traps.

    submitted by /u/Futhu
    [link] [comments]

    Learning Jungle on Old Account Dilemma

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 12:54 PM PST

    I'm returning to league after a long hiatus (~7 years), however my hidden MMR seems to have stayed the entire time. I want to get back into playing and learn Jungle against real opponents, but I'm getting outplayed hard since my MMR when I quit was pretty high. I'm fairly certain I'm playing with platinum players.

    I could play on a new account to learn, but I want to continue to unlock rewards on my main account. Is my only option to continuously lose and get flamed on my main until my hidden MMR levels out? How long does it take for it to level out? I don't want to play through 50+ games of pure torture and toxic team flaming just to get to the competitive level I need right now.

    submitted by /u/Torikiji
    [link] [comments]

    Mad? Raging? Tilting? Shift your focus. (text)

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 05:45 AM PST

    Many veteran players are still reacting with a frenzy when losing a game. You can be good at skillshots, kiting, awareness...etc. But keeping your cool, enjoying other interactions ingame, guiding your team through their choices and talking about their consequences rather than judging, spamming insults and all chatting "jgl diff" helps keeping the spirit up and it is a skill that needs learning. I think we should not only pass on tips on how to play to newer/less experienced players, but also on how to react. Face it, it is but a emotional reactional when you are too involved in "being better, winning, crushing your foes..." and that is ok to bathe yourself in laughter of joy when you do, but you can't let this ruin your experience and other's as well if that goal is not possible.

    Look, everyone likes winning, it means you beat someone to something, you can have your prize and moment of glory. But it's time to realize that playing JUST for winning might be a dumb idea considering how much time you spend for enjoying something. There are so many circumstances that you do no have direct control over, like somebody's connection, their FPS, something getting their attention out of the match and that is not to mention people's abilities in-game. Heck, even on Worlds we see amazing teams suffering a crushing defeat from someone we don't even know. That's how it is, that's the nature of a sport, we can't predict, just do our best, work with our team and hope it's enough. A small glimpse of a chance, a quick overlook over some info, an eyeblink at the wrong time, a sneeze. Anything can change a play and turn the match in the opposite direction. Now, over the years I learned that shifting my focus to other parts in League provided more fun than just playing to win.

    I love the game, I think Riot created an amazing, beautiful, accessible game for everyone, and deep enough to be the most popular e-sports for years now. But I realized over time that even close friends and myself being so involved in winning made it not fun in some matches. So, I placed some thought over it and soon it came to me. I needed to shift my focus.

    More than just the game, I was in love with the characters, their lore, appearance and also mechanics. Landing that difficult grab as Thresh, while throwing a lantern to the jungler and managing to pull yourself in position to have 2 enemies flashing away from you while you condemn some poor soul to the box is amazing. I realized that those small moments brought me so much joy, so I started dedicating myself on learning more and more techniques and, watching videos, trying plays, experimenting...etc. This was the first time I decided to "Shift my focus", I would just play to be with the champions I like and have those nice moments with them. Even in defeat I would be like "but now I got a new Highlight moment for my list." and I started thinking how that feature was nice to have, and that was when it clicked to me: "Riot games gave us SO MUCH to do rather than just winning." Seriously, if you don't identify with what I just wrote about mechanics, maybe you play Yi or Kat (lol, jk), but there TONS of extra things to care about, here are some:

    • Get all the champions you like to Mastery level 7.

    • Dedicate to farming chests.

    • Collect all champions.

    • Try new builds depending on the team you face.

    • Every match, work on getting better at an specific detail (CS, warding, roaming, rotations, positioning)

    • Get to play and understand all the champions.

    • Try new combos/speed up your mechanics (maybe practice tool before a match? watch videos on it?)

    • Collect Highlights

    • Develop a nice interaction with teammates ( I met one of my closest friends in League, he flew to where I live to hang out with my group and I've visited his city as well.) they are human beings with likes, dislikes and struggling with life just like you.

    • Create videos/gifs to share

    • Set yourself a smart goal in-game even if you are losing (ex: I've died 3 times to garen already, I'll just push, secure Rift, pressure mid a bit, ward enemy red buff, and if I can outplay him and kill him at least once before the match is over I'll be happier.)

    What I mean is, this company is still devoted and making the game grow. Being a free game and how much content we have, it's on us if we can have fun with it or not. This is just like kids playing with toys, sometimes you don't get what you want, but using your imagination you surely make up for it. There is so much I could add to this topic, but I guess the main idea is certainly well depicted here. Cheers, enjoy your time on the Rift and go value your moments with League.

    tldr: Change your priorities when playing League to lower frustation from just expecting to always win. Go for getting better at something, getting more champions, mastering everything on a champion you like, etc... be creative.

    submitted by /u/LThadeu
    [link] [comments]

    How do you properly use Unsealed Spellbook?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 10:01 AM PST

    After playing hundreds of games, I've never seen this rune used in a game. Why is this rune never seen in pro play, or really anywhere? The only way I can imagine using this rune is with Zoe to proc her w more often, but other then that I'm completely clueless. How do you use this rune to its fullest.

    submitted by /u/BangisBong
    [link] [comments]

    Best Use for Multiple Rune Pages??

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 10:36 AM PST

    I've been playing a lot the past few months after not playing consistently at all from 2013 until this year, but back when I played I bought a bundle with a ton of rune pages, but now I'm struggling to find a consistent use for *19* pages. What would you guys do with them?? I have one for each of my main champs usually but it just seems redundant to have this many pages now. Any tips? :)

    submitted by /u/Riggymortis724
    [link] [comments]

    I'd like clarification on season 9 end, pre-season and season 10.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 10:11 AM PST

    I feel the lack of info in the actual client disturbing.

    So the end of the season is here, what does that mean for me?

    I know for one that i cannot get more ranked rewards nor can i get the honor ward skins for future tiers.

    But can i still get honor rewards for getting a new tier of honor? when does that reset?

    Does my ranked games still matter at all? Some people told me that the mmr i gain in pre-season carries over to the soft reset when S10 starts. other people say that the mmr in pre-season has no bearing what so ever on what rank i start my s10 placement games from. is there any official information on this? Also is the reset based on mmr or rank? if i'm plat 4 with 10% winrate do i get reset to bronze and if im plat 4 with 100% winrate do i get reset to gold 1?

    Would really like info on these matters cause i find when searching around that it seems things have changed season to season and the only actual confirmed info i can find is on what the ranked rewards will be.

    submitted by /u/AHK22222222222
    [link] [comments]

    Cant farm in jungle with Kha'Zix

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 11:35 AM PST

    I am relatively new to LoL (playing for a few months but have played before) and basically only played top darius for most of the time. I wanted to get into jungle because it looked super interesting and means that I can play alone and with my team. Instead of playing alone always (top) or always rely on my allies (bot or sup). I picked Kha-Zix for the champion that I want to learn and did all of the runes, found the item builds that were right for me and found a nice full clear path for the beginning of the game. My issue is that when I try to do what the video that I found says, my health is consistently low and I often get killed by the jungle mobs. After my first game of failing at Kha'Zix, I tried practicing in the training mode but I'm still failing. I can't dodge the hits from the buffs or hit all of the birds with my W. I usually die or have miserable health by the time I finished Red buff, Krugs and the nest. How can I improve?

    Video that Im using (path):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC14BQutiOg

    English second language bla bla bla

    submitted by /u/GuiCunha84
    [link] [comments]

    how to get away from one tricking

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 02:29 AM PST

    I've been playing for 7 years, and mained Shaco jungle for nearly all 7 of those years. I got to plat 1 with a barely positive win rate (51%) and now I want out of the one-trick life. how can I get to the same level I was for season 10 by playing off champ, and advice and tips help.

    I only play Shaco, and when he's banned I pick Kha, and if both pick/banned I dodge.

    submitted by /u/eqeqeqeqe
    [link] [comments]

    Engage Supports and Mobility Boots: Is it Always Best?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 06:08 AM PST

    I understand that in 90% of situations mobility boots are best for champs like Leona, Nautilus, Alistar, etc... But is it always best? I know they're fantastic for getting into a position to engage quickly, roaming, and warding, but do you guys ever buy something like Mercs or Tabis?

    I've never really bothered with trying to be honest. Mobility Boots just feel too good, but I can't help but wonder if they're always the right choice. Boots to me feel like such a powerful item on support especially. When I played other roles it never felt like boots were considered a power spike, but on support it absolutely feels like that for me so logically I want to make the most efficient choice for that power spike I can.

    My guess would be due to the fact that it's not only more expensive but often not as good to buy Mercs or Tabis over Mobility Boots. What're your guy's thoughts? :)

    Too many Senna games have me thinking...

    submitted by /u/TickleYourMango
    [link] [comments]

    Ryze full damage combo

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 09:27 AM PST

    With Ryze becoming meta now, I thought I'd share his full damage combo.

    This can only be pulled off if you are near them, because you can't use your w as your engage.

    For the context of this an R after an ability means it resets his Q.

    Q - E (R) - Q - W (R) - Q - E (Q) - Q

    Even though it might sound simple to some, Ryze is a very unapproachable champion, with his high skill cap, and complicated resets.

    submitted by /u/TheFirstIdiotEverxD
    [link] [comments]

    Updated SR Map broken? Leashing outdated? Top/Bot

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 01:44 AM PST

    Hey friends! I could not sleep today because I had this idea I want to share with you. Maybe its little bit to crazy and wrong, but I still find it quite interesting.

    With preseason 10 we got or will get a little bit new Bot and Top, Im not quite sure if its allready implemented in the game.

    What I thought about is, what if youre able to manipulate the wave with this new additional terrain more then we thought. For example, what if its possible to get aggro from the enemies first wave and let it follow you in the new area so that your first wave can crash instant in the tower denying the enemy who is maybe leashing the jungler CS and XP and not yourself because you could just go to your tower with the wave and farm it there. That would be crucial for whoever is leashing the jungler because they would not get in time to the lane stopping this strategy, and if that really works, maybe it makes leashing an outdated strategy we wont see anymore.

    And even if the first wave is not able to get denied by any reason, maybe it works with the secound or third minion wave, somehow making your minions crash into your enemys tower just because they have nothing to aggro, the enemies minions will be following you in the new area.

    Maybe thats really not possible, I dont know if the minions will follow you that far but also beside the first minion wave I think that additional terrain opens extreme much tactics and wave manipulation opportunities. I hadnt the chance to test this yet, I just wanted to share my thoughts with you here and hear what you think about this.

    submitted by /u/Kubaguette
    [link] [comments]

    Camera semi-lock? (Advice request)

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 08:23 AM PST

    I came from Heroes of The Storm, and the camera controls are a mix of completely unlocked and semi-locked on League. I always found it much more comfortable than the semi-offset league default. Is there any better way to mimic this setting in league?

    I dicked around with the settings but the best option seems to be unlocked while holding space.

    I also feel I wasn't super clear above but have no better way of phrasing this, I hope someone who has played both might understand and have some tips.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Tarbal81
    [link] [comments]

    [question/advice] Do I need to play carry/roam champs to feel like I have any impact?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 11:39 AM PST

    I love vladimir and kassadin to death. That style of champ, in general, is addicting to me and I spend all my games playing scaling midlane mages who have little agency in the early game.

    But recently it feels like I am totally at the mercy of The Botlane Coinflip Gods. It seems like every game is decided at 10 minutes and I might as well be playing attack speed mundo mid for all the impact I have on games. My botlane is either 7/0 and we stomp them, or they're 0/7 and we are stomped.

    For all I know this is just a tiltpost and my perspective will shift again. But I feel forced into picking up champs like TF, talon, ahri, etc. Champs who can roam and turn botlane into their favour.

    Is it realistic of me to want to play scaling champs and not rely on the hand of fate? Or should I surrender to the roamgods.

    submitted by /u/andrewstriesand
    [link] [comments]

    Preseason Jungle Changes

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 02:52 PM PST

    I was wondering what you guys think about the new preseason jungle changes such as the herald respawning, dragon souls, and xp/gold changes etc? What junglers do you think will be strong?

    Personally, I think that the new herald respawn mechanic might shift a jungler's early game focus more towards toplane(or at least doesn't force the jungler to neglect toplane i.e if the first drag is an infernal) instead of the current s9's focus on botlane and drag control since now, dragons are arguably nerfed(at least in the early game).

    submitted by /u/jumbomuffin66789
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment