• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 28, 2020

    LoL Guide Mentoring Thread: Patch 10.2

    LoL Guide Mentoring Thread: Patch 10.2


    Mentoring Thread: Patch 10.2

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 05:45 AM PST

    Please do not reply directly to the thread.

    Coaches: reply to the regional comments with the application format below.

    Students: contact coaches (PM/reply) before adding them in-game.



    Respect our Golden Rule. If you find that certain teachers/students are disrespectful, send us a message here.

    For all the previous weeks: https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/wiki/archives


    Format for replies|Only Teachers should directly reply to the distinguished comments

    :--:|:--: Copy paste this and fill it up in your responses.

    Teacher:

    Summoner Name:

    **League / Division**: **Areas of expertise**: **Champions**: **Languages Spoken**: **Duration of Mentoring**: **Preferred Methods**: **Other Info**: 

    Previous Week Threads: https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/wiki/archives


    General Guidelines for Students

    • You will be making the first contact by sending a PM or replying to the mentor of your choice.

    • Come prepared. What do you want to take away from this? Is there anything the mentors can review?

    • Know your issues: In which areas do you struggle?

    • You must understand that getting better is all about yourself. Bring your best attitude.

    • Be motivated. The results are proportional to the amount of effort you put in practice.

    • Mentors are here to assist and help you with the difficulties you encounter. This is not a way to find high elo Duo Queue partners.


    General Guidelines for Mentors

    • You will accept players of your choice as students upon receiving their messages. The responsibility to make further contact and set up times falls on you.

    • Be clear as to what you want to do for your student(s) in your description: Review replays, lane together in normals, experiment and practice in custom games, simply answer questions/discuss, etc.

    • Try to organize your sessions by having specific themes. You do not want to overburden someone with too much information at once.

    • Give yourself discussion prompts to avoid losing your trail of thought. Slow down, clarify your opinions and make sure the student understands.

    • It is important to always promote a positive attitude and mentality towards playing and improving.


    Tools

    submitted by /u/Botkwai
    [link] [comments]

    When it's a good time to hire coaching?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 12:18 PM PST

    Hello everyone,

    I am in the process of learning the fundamentals of the game, practicing and watching videos about several topics, like trading, positioning both in lane and team fighting, wave management, decision making even though that is more a practice thing and several other things. Everything it's harder than than it looks in the tutorial though and I am taking a while to get to do the basic things properly.

    But I can already notice my improvements in the course of the two months I have been doing this when I came back to the game after many years. I also never played for a long time consistently so I am not a real new player but close I would say.

    For now the focus on improving by myself it's working, my winrate has been increasing as I climb which I wasn't expecting, in such low elo I believe I can climb for now on my own for a while at least, my question is, would taking coaching sessions now on the weekends help? I just got to S4 from B4 btw, should I hire now to increase my understanding faster or wait till I hit my plateau and then consider it?

    Also can some more experienced player give me a insight on my worst problems based on stats alone, or that's impossible to do? If it isn't I would appreciate some tips.

    As criticism to myself I would say, I farm bad after laning phase and die too much sometimes.

    Thank you!

    Me https://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=Eljin

    submitted by /u/notowisu
    [link] [comments]

    How do on-hit effects interact with AoE abilities?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 11:32 AM PST

    Was curious how Dark Harvest and Luden's works with something like a Karthus ult when he hits multiple targets at once, do the effects proc on all targets or just one? And how does it decide the target if it only hits one?

    Same goes for Unholy Grail when activated by something like a Sona W or Karma Ult+E, does the heal apply to multiple teammates and if not how does the targeting work?

    I checked the Wiki but it doesn't say anything about it, thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Vars_An
    [link] [comments]

    Should I take TP top more often?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 05:16 AM PST

    I kind of hate TP, they have nerfed the ever living out of it by adding 1 min CD and not allowing for cancel.

    I don't trust making TP plays bot lane as they can fail you pretty hard and put you even more behind while your opponent takes plates.

    It's supposed to be a reliable, safe summoner choice, but instead I feel it's only good to get back to lane after getting ganked so you don't lose CS.

    I feel like I am a bad toplaner for not running TP, but the amount of times I got cheesed with ignite and lost lane because of that it kind of makes it not worth taking TP.

    I also think for me as a juggeranut player Ghost it's insane. Ignite is ok, but having that burst of movespeed on Nasus or Darius can turn a teamfight into your favour on 2 champions that otherwise have mediocre teamfighting.

    So unless it's Yorick or Illaoi(who doesn't need ignite damage or Ghost movespeed), I don't really take Teleport. Even on tanks or fighters ignite could be a good solution.

    What do you think? Are there any picks where TP is a must?

    submitted by /u/ChristianTheOne
    [link] [comments]

    Supp mains - I encourage you to use Taric (Hidden OP)

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 06:49 PM PST

    I'm a high diamond Thresh main who is currently hardstuck plat this season so far. I feel Thresh isn't in a great spot and my winrate with him dropped significantly this season in comparison to last season.

    So I looked at u.gg & league of graphs to see who I should use and saw Taric was ranked #1 but with only a play rate of 2%?

    I decided to play him and I'm 100% winrate so far and into my diamond promos. His kit is so strong.

    I encourage you to try him.

    EDIT: Guys, when I checked the statistics it's not based on Taric/Yi funneling. I filter the statistics by checking Taric support role only. The Taric/Yi combo is when Taric locks in mid.

    submitted by /u/ThisSiteRocks
    [link] [comments]

    Grouping and Roaming vs CS

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 01:05 PM PST

    So I'm low elo and have gone back to my roots of Annie only and have noticed my teams like to fight A LOT and when my laner roams after shoving I usually spam ping my teammates to be careful and continue to push the wave and get tower damage and a cs lead but they end up dying anyway and was wondering if following and roaming/grouping more even if it means losing sizable cs like 2-3+ waves or tower damage is worth it?

    I have tried roaming in the past and it usually works out but my teammates don't really do anything with the lead I give them and think it might be better to just stay in my lane and farm it out. My problem comes when I do this strat they end up dying enough to make any amount of farm I got or tower damage I got useless. With the roaming strat also I miss waves mid even after pushing and lose out on CS and can't get it back in the mid-game because we are just fighting non stop

    submitted by /u/Sofruz
    [link] [comments]

    How do you close out long games against a tank heavy comp?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 08:17 AM PST

    I feel like now a days, it's more and more of a tank meta and people are spamming tank champs. I'm a Yasuo main, and although the early game isn't too much of a problem, the mid/late game where the tanks start getting their items starts to seem impossible to win. We can't do damage to them and somehow tanks can start out damaging even our ad carries. I've been struggling against these tank heavy comps and I'm wondering how you guys play to close out these games?

    I've been seeing comps with a tank top (ornn, yorick, sett, shen), a tank jg (zac, vi, rammus, nunu), tank sup (naut, taric, ali, leona), and a tankier mid (diana, cho, malph, vlad).

    Along with all these tanks, they have exorbitant amounts of CC as well, and they all just play around defending their ad carry who can honestly just stay safe in their back line while their tanks just play a 'protect the ad carry' game.

    How do you guys win these games? Much help and advice would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/Crimson_talon
    [link] [comments]

    As a jungler, should I sacrifice camps for dragon presence?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 08:03 AM PST

    Noob question from your team's soloq jungler (1/3 in my placements looking like Iron IV). This is a general question about objective control since it's a scenario I run into pretty often, but currently learning Ekko if answers are champ-specific.

    Scenario: In the first few minutes of the game I get a successful gank top and I'm now level 4. I path back to bottom as the first dragon is coming up and my bot lane and I pick off their jungler, but we're all low so we back. I head back towards bot, clear scuttle and/or drop a pink on the dragon pit and clear my respawned camps bot-side.

    At this point, what should I do if I don't see a gank opportunity bottom or mid, and am not strong enough to solo dragon (and assuming that everyone is in their lane but enemy jungler is missing)? Should I camp around mid/bot and wait to make a play to secure the dragon, at the cost of the xp and gold from my top jungle and likely falling behind? Do I path top and start clearing my camps, potentially giving the dragon up for free if enemy bot pushes mine out of lane or gets a kill? Do I bravely walk into the enemy jungle to try to get vision and steal camps, at the risk of running into the enemy jungle and getting solo killed or collapsed on?

    I'm not sure what the most correct response is, or if that response would be different if I was Silver or Gold? Any advice is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Ungenial
    [link] [comments]

    Question about cheesing an early Tear on Ryze

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 03:24 PM PST

    I absolutely love Ryze but sometimes in solo queue, at least down here in Bronze 3, it feels like he comes online a little bit too late. I understand that games last longer in low ELO and that's great for me, but my point is getting him online a little quicker.

    I've been experimenting with taking Sapphire Crystal and Faerie charm as starting items (which leaves me with 25g, I know). Around 3-4 minutes, provided I've done well with CSing, I'll have enough for boots and Tear on my first back. It might be stupid as shit not taking pots, however, if I'm facing control mages, I feel comfortable enough with my spacing to not need refillable potion and to abuse the ravenous hunter/taste of blood combo to sustain in lane. The few games I've done this, it felt as though I was able to impact the map quicker. I don't expect this to be viable past low elo and know it's probably not great but it feels better.

    I guess my question is this: is cheesing an early Tear worth it? Is this just a placebo effect and confirmation bias? Am I an absolute trash bag? The answer could be yes or no to any of those, but I'd just like some input.

    Thanks for your time if you made it to the bottom of this word vomit.

    submitted by /u/livebyblood
    [link] [comments]

    Question about how high elo players are able to climb the ranks so fast when they first start playing the game?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 03:51 PM PST

    I have a weird question that may or may not be possible to answer. So, if you've ever watched a high elo streamer for a while and they were asked what was it like for them when they started playing the game, they probably said something like, ''Whenever I started playing the game, I was hard stuck X elo for an X amount of time but ever since then I've been top 10 challanger or High Grandmaster's etc. Or maybe it might have been a statement such as, I've been playing since X season and ever since then I've consistently made high elo. The amount of time is what concerns me the most because alot of the times, the length of time said players claim they spent hardstuck or took to get to high elo wasn't super long, maybe about a season or maybe even a couple months. After that, they are able to get to high elo after a short amount of time. Take someone like Adrian Riven. I love the dude but he claims that ever since he started playing the game which was around S2 or S3, he's been high elo ever since then. I know he might just be ''naturally talented'' but even if that's the case, raw talent alone can't get you to high elo, not when you're new to the game anyways. How are players like Adrian able to get to high elo within a short amount of time of starting the game? What is he doing that I'm not doing?

    submitted by /u/You-cant-stop-me07
    [link] [comments]

    Best ADC Build to kill tanks

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 02:14 PM PST

    I play a lot of ARAM, though this is a general question I have been wondering. Often times it feels impossible to kill a tank once they get a few armor items. What would be the best build to do so?

    Is it better to go for 100% crit for maximum dps, or should I fit in a Botrk/LDR? On champions like ashe/quinn/trist I will usually go Botrk first, but champions like caitlyn/draven usually prefer other first items. In that case should I build a botrk at all, and if so, when?

    submitted by /u/Zaedulus
    [link] [comments]

    Annie Mid: A Fun Champion Introduction + Reach New Levels of Awareness With Key Concepts | Commentary

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 04:33 AM PST

    Hi there,

    Let's take an extended look at Annie Mid today. A well rounded champion who takes requires many different skills to master while providing ample reward in terrific potential to impact the game!

    Included in the video: Guided gameplay packed with what you need to find out if she's right for you to leverage mindfulness & compassion. If you feel confident in your ability to learn by example, to think for yourself going forward then this video will make for a solid foundation to step up your gameplay in and out of ranked.

    Hope you tune in and enjoy the show! Take care and stay positive. :D

    submitted by /u/TiV3
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice: I quit LoL a few days ago for my mental health, but now i want to play it again.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 04:15 PM PST

    So, to preface this, I struggle with Anxiety, Depression and BPD traits and have played LoL for around 9 months.

    I made a, quite flippant, decision a few days ago to uninstall and quit, reflecting afterwards on how the game has negatively affected my mental health and how I struggle with the community's toxicity. It has certainly given me more time in the day and made me calmer at first, but I don't know if it's the constant barage of youtube ads telling me to play LoL, or the fact I still sometimes watch streamers or highlight clips, but I sorta want to play it again.

    I used to be quite obsessed with the game, and played it too much each day. I feel like I'll just fall back into bad habits if I play it again.

    I feel like I tried to attribute too many of my problems to playing LoL, like if i removed it from my life, then i would feel much better, and for a while i did. But I know life's more complicated than that. I struggle with feeling empty, especially in the evening, so i guess maybe LoL filled that for a while.

    Sorry if this turned into a bit of a rambling post, I just wanted advice on how to see LoL in relationship to my mental health. I know i've been quite vague, please ask me for any more details in the comments.

    submitted by /u/GoopyDumpy
    [link] [comments]

    How to win S10 jungle with 0 mechanics

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 03:24 PM PST

    Hello everyone, Kittiecut here. I'm a Rengar main who previously made it to diamond in season 9 with decent winrates: https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=Du%C5%A1k .

    Season 10 is a new beast however, jungle feels so punishing and unfun to play. Thankfully xp buffs are on the way, but in the meantime, I've reviewed a VOD that I played on as Olaf vs Warwick in a low plat game to show off how to win without any mechanical skills at all :) . We had 2 losing lanes and a terrible teamfight, and yet it was still relatively easy to win. I don't claim to be perfect, but the biggest part about winning jungle is THINKING, you just have to try to be one step ahead of the enemy jungler when you can. You can do this by:

    -Knowing your champion's strengths

    -Knowing your enemy's weaknesses

    -Knowing what path the enemy will likely take

    -Knowing how to best attack that path

    -Knowing how to be efficient when clearing camps

    Here's the VOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwEUvOS3ibA

    If you don't have time to watch the VOD, I understand and I'll leave you a little TL:DR;

    • Focus your gromp and wolves whenever they are up (KRUGS SUCK!), and try to clear them as quickly as possible, the faster you clear, the more xp you get overall

    • Know your champion's powerspikes, for example, a full clear on Olaf can be finished before scuttle spawns, and you will be level 4 compared to the enemy jg's level 3

    • DO NOT force ganks! Be efficient! I see too many people sit in mid brush for 30 seconds without doing anything. ALWAYS be doing something on the map.

    • Press tab a lot - see how many camps the enemy has done (a camp is 4 cs), and look at their level and items.

    • Soak every minion wave you can. You may not be funneling, but catching a wave under tower that your laner will miss is worth between 1.75-2.5 jungle camps worth of experience.

    If you do this right it is very easy to be up 40cs and 2 levels on the enemy jungler, and make the whole map yours.

    submitted by /u/Anoyomous22
    [link] [comments]

    New Player Top Lane Question

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 05:53 AM PST

    Hi, made a post here yesterday, and was welcomed greatly from the community. I came over from Smite, and am starting out by learning the top lane. I have played Darius, and began learning Sett yesterday. Can I get advice on how to fight a top lane ranged character, I feel like I just get poked out to much when trying to CS, and then I fall behind, any advice?

    submitted by /u/Bradsooner
    [link] [comments]

    What makes Qiyana jungle so much better in professional play compared to solo queue?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 02:44 PM PST

    Qiyana mid is a top tier pick in both solo queue and professional play. However, most of the time you see Qiyana, you actually see her being played in the jungle.

    https://gol.gg/champion/champion-stats/145/season-S10/split-ALL/tournament-ALL/patch-10.1./role-ALL/league-TOP5/

    (78% of the time in the jungle)


    I understand that Qiyana in general has a lot to provide in competitive because of her game changing ultimate but shouldn't that apply to both mid lane and jungle?

    Why does Qiyana mid have a 50.47% winrate while Qiyana jungle has a 42.76% winrate? (And yes, while winrate doesn't mean everything, champions don't just have an 8% less winrate for no reason)


    One reason could be that Qiyana mid easily leads to full AD teams, but I feel like there are a lot of AP champions that can be picked up right now.

    For top, Akali, Mordekaiser (yes, even in pro play, he has a 69% presence), Vladimir, and Kennen are all viable right now.

    For jungle, Elise, Gragas, and Taliyah are all fairly good.

    For bot, mages like Syndra and Heimerdinger can be played too.

    submitted by /u/WizardXZDYoutube
    [link] [comments]

    Jungle With Commentary - How To Carry

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Started a jungle with commentary series to show how to carry games with macro and not mechanical skill. Provided commentary every second with insightful knowledge and showed in the current meta how to take optimal jungle paths, create a gameplan and play according to the strengths of your team including feeders, and lead the team to victory through decisions I made.

    Started this series because the jungle increased in difficulty this season and want to show how to carry with any champion. I played Graves who is weak until he gets 2/3 items.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uei8XAVJm98&feature=youtu.be

    Please provide feedback and let me know what videos you would like to see.

    submitted by /u/AinsOoalBlack
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Pantheon gone from the pro meta?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 01:58 AM PST

    I was watching the LCS and LEC and noticed that Pantheon's presence is all but gone, despite being almost 100% pick/ban during worlds. Did the elemental drake changes really send Pantheon into oblivion or is there another reason? Also, many other high presence champs like Akali, Qiyana still thrive in the pro scene. So what gives? Where did he go?

    submitted by /u/Peeping_Cat
    [link] [comments]

    How to learn the things that good players know?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 04:27 PM PST

    So I am a Ahri main and was watching a high elo player lane against a vladamir. Around level 5 he said 'ok now I can beat him, I can push him in'

    Of course I don't have a lot of time to play a lot of champions and am currently gold elo. But what I'm trying to figure out is where can I study the different matchups and learn all those ins and outs. I can usually win by just playing safe the whole time, but I would like to learn what I can do to get these little advantages and build things up like this

    submitted by /u/RyanCantHaveFriends
    [link] [comments]

    Natural Akali Counters

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 04:23 PM PST

    Hi I'm curious if some experienced players could gift me with the knowledge of some champions that are natural Akali Counters. I seem to struggle in the matchup with a variety of champions and I've played quite a bit of the new Akali myself. I can't think of anything that genuinely beats Akali and as I don't play her that much anymore I would love to know what it is that I should play against it in the mid lane. Thank you for your time and advice!

    submitted by /u/ndtdcu
    [link] [comments]

    10.2 Mid-Patch ADC Tier List

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 02:29 AM PST

    S+ Senna, Miss fortune

    S Aphelios, Jhin, Jinx

    A Draven, Ashe, Vayne, Heimerdinger, Casseopia, Lucian, Twitch, Tristana, Yasuo, Caitlyn

    B Kogmaw, Kaisa, Xayah, Varus, Syndra

    C Ezreal, Kallista, Sivir, Veigar, Taliyah

    So mid way through the patch the changes I've made are Caitlyn down from S to A because the nerfs did more then expected plus the bugfixes (if you could do them). Kaisa from A to B since a lot of her tough matchups are either S or S+ making her have a tougher time. I also considered moving Draven to S tier because after his buff (which really didn't do a lot) people started playing him more and then they just kind of realized that he was still a huge lane bully and can hard carry games if you have the mechanics to play him.

    submitted by /u/papastones
    [link] [comments]

    How do I not suck at being a jungler?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 06:20 AM PST

    Its my fifth time playing Evelynn and my second jungler. I get a good lead at the start I full clear my camps get a scuttle at bot and help my teammates that I can but I get destroyed by the enemy jungler this has happend for a lot of time now. The cycle is that I gank top and have a 50/50 of getting a kill while the enemy jungler ganks bot and always takes a kill and it goes downhill really fast.

    As a jungler should I just have helped my teammate at bot instead of top? Should I have stayed and fight the enemy jungler? How do I gank mid when the mid laner is now fed because I was helping my top? Should I just have sticked to our best teammate?

    And as an Evelynn main how do I fight Lee sin when he is fed? Should I rushed Rabadon Deathcap after getting my full jungling item and sorcerers shoes? Is there a streamer who plays Evelynn alot? If so can you link it?

    Thank you for leading this rather lenghty post

    submitted by /u/TypicalAsian69_420
    [link] [comments]

    Why is nautilus played so much?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 06:25 PM PST

    I see nautilus being played all the time, but I don't really understand why. It seems like blitzcrank would be better because he could bring his opponents into his team instead of meeting them in the middle. He could also make them airborne and has a good ult that can take down shields and do decent damage in general. I am new and a blitzcrank main, so I am a little biased, but I just don't understand why he gets picked so much in pro play.

    submitted by /u/DistortedCookie
    [link] [comments]

    When LEAVE top and HOW to do it.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 12:53 AM PST

    I'm trying to play top this season, I like this role and I think I can do my best as a player here. I usually can kill enemy top but I can't carry the team to win. How do I use tp and when is the best moment to leave top and group? And when you leave top, how do you farm gold and buy items? I usually have for example one item and boots at 15:00 and at 25:00 I haven't finished the second one.

    submitted by /u/SVNZO
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment