• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 23, 2020

    LoL Guide Champion Pool Megathread: February

    LoL Guide Champion Pool Megathread: February


    Champion Pool Megathread: February

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 10:59 AM PST

    If you need help with your champion pool, feel free to comment in this thread. Be sure to help out others by answering questions as well!


    There have always been lots of posts on /r/summonerschool asking for help with champion pools. Many of these posts amount to nothing more than "What champion will carry me?" while others are more detailed, such as "I am good at __this__, what should I play if I want to do __that__?"

    Ultimately, the only champion that can carry you is the one you are good at, and you get good by practicing. But some people have more success with some play styles than others. If you can't figure out your strengths and weaknesses, look no farther!

    If you have any questions about rounding out your champion pool or identifying your strengths and weaknesses, post a question! Feel free to include your summoner profile if you wish. Remember that the more detailed questions will get more fulfilling answers.


    Here are some guidelines for posting in this thread. You don't have to answer these questions, these are just for you to think about. Instead of just saying what champions you play, consider telling us:

    1. What are you looking for help with?

    2. Who do you currently play?

    3. Why do you play them?

    4. How do you play them? What is your playstyle? What role do they fulfill?

    5. What are you good at? What do you want to be good at?


    Also be sure to check out websites like www.u.gg and www.op.gg to add some statistical basis to your judgements.

    Have you thought deeply about your champion pool? Still can't figure it out? Great! We are here to help. Comment below and let us know what you're thinking.

    submitted by /u/Caedei
    [link] [comments]

    HELP THIS POOR ADC UNDERSTAND LOL BASICS

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 11:49 AM PST

    Hello gentlemans, I am a professional dota 2 player trying to find out how far can i get in ELO in the least amount of matches / time, so far i climbed from bronze 1 to gold 2 in 102 matches ; 7 days.

    I am playing ADC and i am realy strugling to know when should i swap lane and go top or drop my farm to help my teammates secure middle tier 1 tower, its usually the part of the game that i am almost finishing my Runaan's Hurricane as Jinx which is a big powerspike and i feel realy awkard fighting without it.

    Plus, how important is the dragon realy? i know we get the big buff after we get 4 dragons, yet most of the game loses i get are from contesting dragon and dying because we are already behind, its just like a bonus, kill the dragon and get a full team unprepared to fight with it.

    Also, is there some good youtube channels or podcasts you could recommend so that i can understand the game better?

    Thanks for your time!!

    submitted by /u/lucashyko
    [link] [comments]

    How do you lane against Vel'Koz and Xerath (and long range mages in general)?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 09:53 PM PST

    As I improve in League, I'm noticing that I struggle against champions that outrange me, such as Xerath and Vel'Koz. It feels like all these champions do is poke me with their longer range and make me unable to farm without using my abilities myself.

    As Neeko, I've tried harassing back when their CDs are on, but I'm still not that great mechanically and tend to miss my E a good amount in laning phase. I know that's on me though.

    I also understand their abilities pretty well (since they piss me off so much), so I roughly know the range of their poke and where to stand. Again, still not perfect, but working on it.

    I primarily play Syndra and Neeko with some Ahri on the side. Is there anything else that could help me?

    submitted by /u/k3hvn
    [link] [comments]

    How can I get more CS/min when my team is constantly fighting?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 12:03 PM PST

    I'm primarily a mid lane player in bronze/silver elo averaging 5 cs/min. I usually get 7-9 cs/min in laning phase, but it always seems that my team and the enemy team instantly group mid past 10 minutes and everyone steals my farm. If I try to side lane my team constantly takes fights at a numbers disadvantage and I'm forced to group to defend turrets. I know teleport is strong for split pushing, but it's not a consistent resource. I'm also aware that I may not be choosing the right times to push/group and I'm missing plenty of minions in between. Any advice for how to maximize the farm I can get while dealing with this?

    submitted by /u/RingDingus69
    [link] [comments]

    What to do when team is behind?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 08:23 AM PST

    So had this thought recently, is there currently anything you can do when your team is falling behind hard? Started playing top not too long ago, often i feel i go even in lane doesnt feel like im loosing so hard, but what can i do if the team is getting stomped? Just accept the loss? Or pray for the other team to make mistakes? I can understand if i win or stomp lane i can try to transfer it to other lanes but otherwise i do not know. I know u cant win every game either.

    This is low gold. Any help or advice is appriciated.

    submitted by /u/Buck3tt
    [link] [comments]

    Is picking Jhin adc into a Nasus top absolute int?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 11:38 AM PST

    Hey guys, sorry if this isnt the right place to post this I just couldnt think of any other subreddit. So for some context to the question. I was playing ranked solo last night, and picked Jhin adc into a nasus top. I thought I would be fine since I'm pretty confident in my ability to get fed as Jhin and win. As I thought, I dumpstered bot lane completely, and put the enemy Draven completely behind. I was absurdly fed (ended 23/7) so thought I could solo carry. Unfortunately, as happens often, my top yasuo and jungle inted the nasus top and sett jungle. I was full build by 27min, and the game ended at 40min.

    I found that I was completely at a loss as to what to build to somehow kill nasus... I got mortal reminder after choosing it over lord dominik's (also because of the enemy draven) and had a full build of stormrazor, ie, rfc, mortal, ga and swifties. I did practically no damage to the fed nasus, so the game ended up with nasus being unkillable unless in a 1v4.

    So my question is, if I'm in a position to single handedly carry a game (which I literally was, having only died once not to nasus flash withering me) then what the hell do I build to kill him? I even tried black cleaver after selling boots, which worked a bit but made me too slow so I sold it. I also considered bork but decided against it.

    Thanks for reading through the long post, I'd love some insight as I'm lowkey upset at myself for being unable to carry such a (originally) 1v9 game.

    submitted by /u/Iemoguy
    [link] [comments]

    Why do I feel like I play better in solo queue than in clash?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 07:47 AM PST

    Last night when my friends and I played clash I noticed that I was significantly underperforming. This is not a new observation because I have noticed it in the past and it's why I don't duo in ranked. When I play with my friends over coms I don't ever get into the zone. I never get that rush of knowing what to do and when to do it. That feeling of having the perfect game. I just feel relaxed and unfocused.

    Does this happen to anyone else? I'm considering deafening myself for the next game to see how it goes.

    submitted by /u/9793485
    [link] [comments]

    Are the new buffed "junglers" legit picks or just noobtraps?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 01:28 AM PST

    Hi fellow Summoners!

    Darius/Garen/Morde/Diana/Zed/Talon received some buffs in the last patch to help them in the jungle (mostly about damage buffs on their passives, while Darius q providing a heal off of large monsters).

    But were these buffs beneficial overall? As in really making these champs worthwhile junglers, or did they just get pushed towards a role in which they suffer anyways? Lower income for those expensive bruiser items, and lower xp for base damages and lethality scaling?

    So far i only encountered Garen and Darius, and they both looked pretty underwhelming.

    submitted by /u/Driffa
    [link] [comments]

    Tank builds on champions that are not tanks

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 12:47 AM PST

    Hello summoners. Lately, I have been interested in building full tank on champions that do not exactly fit in the tank role. Yes I mean full tank. Not juggernaut. I have tried this with Skarner, Shyvana and Hecarim. Worked surprisingly well and I wanted to ask you guys if there are any other champs that this would work with.

    submitted by /u/ICreepvideos
    [link] [comments]

    new kassadin main looking for tips

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 05:11 PM PST

    as the tittle says i have just stated to main kassadin for the potential of the champ and how fun i find him! so far i have had 1 fed game 17/2/5 and it made my love for him grow more!

    now here's where i'm struggling early game i will very easily take lots of damage and be at a constant 50%-70% health.

    any tips or ways to improve will be much appreciated and i hope to grow into a skilled main of the champ.

    thanks in advanced!

    submitted by /u/Sckuid-Ps
    [link] [comments]

    Why isn't Galio picked in Pro Play?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 02:28 PM PST

    So he used to be super OP for a long time because of his wave clear and roam potential, much like Taliyah. He's received buff after buff since his giga nerf, and whilst he'd still clearly not at post-rework Galio's level, he still seems to be pretty powerful.

    What's the main reason he's not picked in proplay? The main I can think of is that his wave clear requires him to get much closer to the wave that before, and there he's much more open to harassment, plus he's level 6 ult is on a super long CD. Despite this I still feel he is strong.

    submitted by /u/Lather
    [link] [comments]

    How do you beat protect the kogmaw?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 08:28 AM PST

    From what I understand.

    tanks can't kill him because he either gets a shield for their damage and then kog just mudders them.

    assassins can't kill him because everyone is shielding him or peeling him. Either that or he's build 1 item for defensive

    His range is long as hell for sieging / poking.

    The only way I see is beating the hell out of him early

    submitted by /u/banganpal
    [link] [comments]

    How to clear as jungle gnar

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 05:00 AM PST

    START HUNTERS TALISMAN

    also start blue buff and go

    Blue buff (get a leash) > Wolves (you will turn into mega gnar after or at the end of this) > raptors (mega gnar has two AOE abilities for this, try to use q on all 5) > red

    also max w

    was playing gnar jungle before they buffed it. then they buffed it, life is good. heres what i learned.

    thank you for coming to my ted talk

    heres a video if you want to see clear but holy fk its hard to show it without a leash because of the fury passive

    submitted by /u/RAZGRIZTP
    [link] [comments]

    Armor/APen and MR/MPen

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 03:43 PM PST

    As a frequent LCK watcher, I often see LS go ham at players who buy MPen items (Void Staff, Morello) against full tanks with MR (i.e. Ornn), which confused me, as I thought Penetration items are meant to be bought against tanks who build armor/MR. Can anyone dumb down the system and explain what penetration items do exactly?

    Also, is going flat AD/AP as a carry better than going APen/MPen against armor/MR based tanks such as Ornn? How about for max HP based tanks such as Sion and Cho?

    submitted by /u/customatic9000
    [link] [comments]

    Playing ADC and buying full boots

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:41 AM PST

    Hi everyone,

    As someone who mains ADC, I've always thought berserkers greaves was the only full boot buy unless you're jhin, but as I've continued to climb, I've noticed pro players and high tier players dont ALWAYS buy berserkers greaves. Why is this?

    I've seen plenty of people pick merc treads or ninja tabi based on the situation, and I've seen even other people sell their boots to get another full item late game.

    Is there any sort of guide as to what shoes to buy, and why?

    submitted by /u/KitanaIsBae
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, I am a silver-gold elo player who is trying to help a friend learn the game, but im not very good at it, any suggestions on what I could say?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 03:32 PM PST

    My friend recently started league, I try to teach him the basics but he doesnt fully understand, he specifically struggles with cs and constantly picks fights even when he is guaranteed to lose them. He has 0 map awerness but he does ward sometimes, he is also starting to learn item builds. He has basic mechanics but always has lock screen on, I try discourage it but it doesnt seem to help.

    For the past week ive been trying to get him to focus on last hitting minions but he doesnt manage to do it, so he is constantly at a disadvantage in gold and levels, im not sure what to do and was wondering if any of you have any advice.

    If any of you are wondering My old acc was tunkis1 euw but it was blocked because I was unable to verify that the acc is mine (I messed up big time xd) but managed to climb to gold before season ended, now currently on my new acc I am silver 2

    submitted by /u/Autistmus_Prime
    [link] [comments]

    Need a LOT of jungle help :(

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 01:10 PM PST

    Good day, everyone.

    Lately I've been trying to M7 Volibear (just as a personal challenge) and I feel like my jungling skills need work.

    I've played since Season 3, I'm familiar with vision control, buff timers, importance of dragons and Baron/Herald, and I feel like I spread myself too thin between objectives. So, here's a list of my issues lately and maybe y'all can lend a hand. When it comes to jungling, it's something I can't seem to grasp.

    Problem 1: Jungle Route

    I usually start red (or blue whoever is closest) and go Red > Krugs > Raptors, then I move to blue side (or red, respectively) and clear out Wolves > Blue > Gromp. Seems to work fine.

    At this point I search for gank opportunities. If I cannot find one, I'll get scuttle and back.

    This is what I use for Voli, but this is an issue in general, as is the next one.

    Problem 2: Early fighting/ganking

    For some reason I cannot, for the life of me, gank effectively. I usually wait for my teammates to be somewhere in the middle of the lane, or pushed under their tower before I jump in to save the day. Whoever is in lane crushes me, whether my teammate helps or not.

    Again, not exclusive to Voli, however what gets to me is that Voli is considered a strong early champion. His HP doesn't seem high. It seems to be easy for the enemy team to target me and take me out. Really don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I don't seem to be effective until I have Cinderhulk, Boots, and my third item when I can really start bringing pain.

    Problem 3: Objective control.

    I always prioritize dragons, as it seems to be late game focused. I don't concern myself with the Herald until after. But between ganks, lane control, dragons and Herald, I feel overwhelmed and not sure what's more important to the next.

    I play hard, but don't get toxic with teammates. I want to be an effective jungler, for myself and my teammates. Are there any effective guides or resources that can help? I've looked all over and never really found anything substantial.

    https://lolprofile.net/summoner/na/Police%20Otter#update

    Above is my profile. Maybe someone can see what I'm doing wrong.

    Thanks so much for any and all help!

    submitted by /u/Rebel_Ravage
    [link] [comments]

    Running into a lot of ranged tops

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:45 AM PST

    Vaynes, Lucians, vlads, Karmas and even a couple teemos.
    It's not a fun lane.
    I've been thinking of picking up quinn or should I just try to be a meta slave too.
    I'd rather play something and at least enjoy the lane as a quinn than sit around doing nothing as jax for 15-20 minutes.
    How is everyone else handling (what seems to me like) an increase in ranged toplaners?

    submitted by /u/Swineflew1
    [link] [comments]

    How does the new buff to sunfire cape work

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 09:08 AM PST

    It says in the item text Hitting an enemy with an immobilizing ability deals 26 − 43 (based on level) (+ 4% bonus health) bonus magic damage and releases a fire nova that also deals that bonus damage to nearby enemies . But what does it mean by fire nova?

    submitted by /u/Joethekillingguy
    [link] [comments]

    How do levels and kills make you stronger?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 08:07 AM PST

    So as everybody knows, if you are ahead 2-3 levels and 2 kills, on a 1v1 you are most likely to win (supposing you are not yuumi vs yasuo, you get the point), but if you look at every champ stats, they are basically the same. For example, I'm a level 15 Lux (heavy AP) and can one shot a level 13 Ezreal that has 30 MR and 1600HP, but only take half of health to a level 15 Darius that also has 30 MR and 2000 HP. Why? The same happens with a "fed" enemy. My enemy neeko picks 2 kills in the botlane and can suddenly one shot me, whe she didn´t even buy items (we have same build and runes) and we are the same level. How does the damage/resistance system work?

    submitted by /u/Robot_lux
    [link] [comments]

    A tip for predicting jungler ganks

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 09:54 AM PST

    To understand where a jungler is going to gank you need to understand what options they have available. If you take options away from the enemy jungler it limits their options making it easier to predict their next move.

    Let's say you you counter jungle their bot side jungle and you know they'll likely be bot side soon to see their missing camps. When you take their camps away they don't have the option to farm anymore and unless they literally want to do nothing they're forced to gank a lane and you can respond accordingly.

    I've seen this work for me up until around diamond 2 elo. In higher elos junglers know when you counter jungle them and they won't bother going to check their jungle and they'll enter a vertical jungle effectively splitting the map. This opens up some interesting stategies where if you're ahead of the enemy jungle in any way you can force them to be on the opposite side of the map, usually away from your most volatile lane.

    submitted by /u/UnbearableVolibear
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Orianna

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 05:09 PM PST

    So, I'm relatively new to Orianna. I want to know the best runes and viable items to use on her, as well as when to use them.

    So far I've heard of phase rush, summon aery (which I currently use), and unsealed spellbook (which I know nothing about).

    I need help on knowing when to build certain items. I also need to know the fundamentals of the laning phase for her. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Muteki3
    [link] [comments]

    Trading in the lane with melee champions in mid.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 04:46 PM PST

    Whenever I go to trade in lane with melee champions like Katarina or Yasuo to a lesser degree, I always get outtraded because I need to go into their wave to trade with them. If I try to thin the wave, my minions end up either crashing in the tower or allow the enemy mid to set up a freeze so if I go to trade I will take turret aggro. Does anyone have any tips on how to trade better with melee champs?

    submitted by /u/Smaiii
    [link] [comments]

    In the past three weeks I have gone from silver 4 to silver 3, back to silver 4, to silver 3 again to silver 4 again, back to silver 3, and now silver 4 again

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 04:44 PM PST

    It is the same thing without fail. I get a winstreak one tricking vlad, get silver 3, then a flurry of games where we have a ragequitter or just completely braindead player that i cannot carry. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. This feels like a joke.

    submitted by /u/maanu123
    [link] [comments]

    Hacker got my account banned

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 04:41 PM PST

    So, someone managed to get into my account, change the name to "FreePalestine88", start a ranked match and intentionally feed to get the other players in the match to report me. This caused my account to get a 14 day suspension, with all the consequences of the case. Is there anything I can do to get it back faster or do I really need to wait 2 weeks and be stuck with this new username?

    submitted by /u/Roccuss
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment