• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 18, 2020

    LoL Guide Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.6

    LoL Guide Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.6


    Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.6

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    Hello summoners!

    In order to create better discussion in the subreddit, we will be redirecting all simple questions to this thread. Check out the most recent patch notes on the sidebar!

    What is a simple question? Typically, we define a simple question as something that can be answered fully within a single, or maybe two at most, comments. In this thread, you can ask any question you need answered about League of Legends, even if it isn't necessarily about learning the game itself. Keep in mind we will still continue to remove golden rule violations, rants, memes, topics against Riot's ToS, and paid services - but the other rules are generally more lax here.


    What you can do to help!

    For now, this is a patch-based thread, meaning it will be posted once every two weeks. Checking back on this thread later in the patch and answering any questions that have been posted would be a huge help!

    If you're trying to ask a question, the more specific you are, the better it is for all of us! We can't give you any help if we don't get much to work with in the first place.


    Resources

    • Our 101 page, with a ton of free content!

    • Our weekly mentoring thread: We have many users willing to provide free mentoring services!

    • Champion discussions: Check out our previous discussions on champions!

    • Summoner School Discord: A voice and text chat platform for teaching and learning. We also have a mentors who are available for personal coaching.

    • Leagueofgraphs: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more.

    • Lolalytics: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more.

    • OP.GG: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more. Note: stats are for Korea plat+ only, so sample sizes tend to be low.

     

    Which do you use? Deviations in stats are typically minor, so whichever one you prefer.


    If you have any suggestions for this thread, please let us know through modmail how we could improve!

    submitted by /u/Caedei
    [link] [comments]

    Mentoring Thread: Patch 10.6

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    Please do not reply directly to the thread.

    Coaches: reply to the regional comments with the application format below.

    Students: contact coaches (PM/reply) before adding them in-game.



    Respect our Golden Rule. If you find that certain teachers/students are disrespectful, send us a message here.

    For all the previous weeks: https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/wiki/archives


    Format for replies|Only Teachers should directly reply to the distinguished comments

    :--:|:--: Copy paste this and fill it up in your responses.

    Teacher:

    Summoner Name:

    **League / Division**: **Areas of expertise**: **Champions**: **Languages Spoken**: **Duration of Mentoring**: **Preferred Methods**: **Other Info**: 

    Previous Week Threads: https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/wiki/archives


    General Guidelines for Students

    • You will be making the first contact by sending a PM or replying to the mentor of your choice.

    • Come prepared. What do you want to take away from this? Is there anything the mentors can review?

    • Know your issues: In which areas do you struggle?

    • You must understand that getting better is all about yourself. Bring your best attitude.

    • Be motivated. The results are proportional to the amount of effort you put in practice.

    • Mentors are here to assist and help you with the difficulties you encounter. This is not a way to find high elo Duo Queue partners.


    General Guidelines for Mentors

    • You will accept players of your choice as students upon receiving their messages. The responsibility to make further contact and set up times falls on you.

    • Be clear as to what you want to do for your student(s) in your description: Review replays, lane together in normals, experiment and practice in custom games, simply answer questions/discuss, etc.

    • Try to organize your sessions by having specific themes. You do not want to overburden someone with too much information at once.

    • Give yourself discussion prompts to avoid losing your trail of thought. Slow down, clarify your opinions and make sure the student understands.

    • It is important to always promote a positive attitude and mentality towards playing and improving.


    Tools

    submitted by /u/Botkwai
    [link] [comments]

    Been dealing with Champions like Darius, Sett, and Morde in the Top Lane constantly and they are giving me a headache.

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    I main Poppy and these 3 (I guess you can put champs like Illaoi and Nasus in there but to a lesser extent) are giving me an existential crisis.

    They seem to do everything that I do but better in nearly every way other than just having little less CC but more than make up for it for how oppressive they are in lane and how they can convert into these raid bosses that can delete my team while being just as tanky as I am with something like triforce and steraks (or in morde's case rylias and liandrys)

    Darius: He pretty much deletes me with his high damage and his ability to basically laugh at my armor with his E passive and ult. By late game he always snowballs off of his ult resets even if I try to play it safe in lane.

    Sett: Somewhat similar to Darius in that the second he Q autos me he basically wins the trade, the only difference that he can instantly turn the tables against me with just pressing W. His health regen is also a pain to deal with so strategy of taking short trades to avoid building up grit is basically moot.

    Morde: He basically bashes my brain in with the insane amount of damage with his Q, by level 6 the lane is basically over, it can even disrupt ganks with that ult by either hitting me or my jungler with it. Granted there is QSS but I still find myself getting blown away with his regular abilities and by late game he can go toe to toe with basically anyone in my team because of his Ult.

    I just feel so frustrated, I get that they are supposed to win lane but it also feels like they can transition into the late game just fine anyways. I just feel so useless against them in both stages of the game.

    submitted by /u/GIJose65
    [link] [comments]

    Make yourself a physical checklist to keep in front of you during the game

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    I've played off and on for years and watched tons of pro games, and read the subreddits a bunch to kill time at work. I've been on a big losing streak the past month and know it's because my mental was cloudy. I know a lot of the general tips for improving, but the key for me to climb right now is to keep it fresh and not get distracted or stuck in auto-pilot during the game.

    Whatever your role is, write down on paper in big letters 3-5 key tips to always keep in mind during the game. I suppose you could print it and put it on the wall behind the monitor if it's big enough.

    I'm a jungler so my tips are specific to that, but already in my first game it lead to me overwhelmingly carrying the game. Here's what I came up with:

    - Where is the enemy jungler?

    - What enemy lane is pushing?

    - What ally lane has CC?

    - What teammate is strong now?

    - When is the dragon/rift up?

    These aren't anything groundbreaking, but when you get in a funk you lose your macro and decisionmaking. Where I used to naturally path towards the dragon on spawn without thinking about it, I used to check my laner vs their laner's Level and Items, and reflecting on my gameplay made me want to remind myself of these good habits.

    submitted by /u/tootallteeter
    [link] [comments]

    What do you do on ADC when you have a legitimately bad support?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    I'm not here to pretend like I can't improve, but there are many discussions on all aspects of ADC play. I don't want to blame teammates. I can climb, I can get better. I would like to ask, though: what do you do when you have a legitimately bad support, and how does that impact what ADCs one should play in low ELO?

    Couple of examples: had a game as Caitlyn (my main) with an Alistar support. Alistar would walk up past a large minion wave and all-in into Rakan/Varus. I let him die a couple of times and admittedly followed him to my own doom a couple of times as well. He ended the game 2/11 and fed the enemy team so hard we couldn't even carry through our massively fed Darius. At the end of the game he literally started running it down mid then AFKd in fountain.

    Literally the next game had an Annie support who would Q every minion as I went to last hit (legit trolling). Cait was picked so I went with Tristana. I ended 5/0/5 with like 70 CS and very little damage, I just tried to clean up fights and not die. This support literally took almost all of my CS intentionally and flamed the entire game. We won because we had 2 lanes way ahead and I was basically a spectator who just played to not die. I do feel like being on Tristana helped with this, though, because she has a lot more agency and can still help with towers.

    What should I do in these situations? Is there a good argument that Caitlyn is just a bad pick in low ELO? I feel like supports aren't good enough to play to her strengths - they don't ward so plating is dangerous, and they don't poke (they seem to all-in or nothing). Caitlyn feels horrible in all-ins to me, this is the worst part of my play on her (I lose tons of early all-ins). If I go late with her I can generally do very well. The TLDR is should I stick with Caitlyn or switch to Tristana, and what should I do with supports like this.

    submitted by /u/whiteknight521
    [link] [comments]

    This game is frustrating because you don't know why you lose

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 09:06 PM PDT

    It seems like most games, I have no idea what I did wrong. I don't care if I lose a game and can identify what went wrong, because at least I can focus on what I should be improving, but a lot of the time, I just lose lane and I don't know what I could've done differently. It just feels like this game doesn't give you all the information you need to learn the game, and I just don't know what I should be doing differently. Does anyone else experience the same problem?

    submitted by /u/Alexanderjac42
    [link] [comments]

    How to not feed?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    So im pretty new to League (3 or FOUR months) and i recently started Playing ranked with jhin. And i feed so much that its not even funny. So how to not feed as jhin especially against zyras, mf and all those lane bullies. Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/Artiboii
    [link] [comments]

    How do you keep up with CS post laning phase?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    So during laning as lux I can get about 7-8 CS per minute (not great I know but I'm trying my best) but once laning is over and I have to fight everyone else for CS I feel like I'm getting 2-3 per minute. My e can pop the whole row of casters if I'm fed enough but besides that basically the melee minions go to the others. I could go to side lanes but I'm a lux, I'm squishy and if a tank/proper split pusher comes I'm basically dead. My friend jokes that I could ult each wave cuz e + ult kills all minions and the CD is low enough but obv that's a waste of ult if a fight starts, but honestly it's something I have considered.

    submitted by /u/all-day-tay-tay
    [link] [comments]

    ADC itemization when you're ahead

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 07:48 AM PDT

    I've noticed this a lot lately. Let's say the adc gets 2-4 kills, but instead of getting a B.F.Sword/Pickaxe/Boots etc. they go for 3 long swords or 3 Cloaks of Agility or 3 Doran's Blades. Can anyone explain the benefit of doing that and when do adcs actually go for buying these items instead of completing an Infinity Edge/Berserker's Greaves/etc.?

    submitted by /u/yuriannax
    [link] [comments]

    No Pressure Top what to do?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 12:01 PM PDT

    Posted a Similar one a few days ago and I still have some questions. What do you do if you have NO pressure Top. What I mean by pressure is prio OR pressure on the map. Like What if they have a Fed Panth and I'm (insert Top laner here) what should I do? Should I farm? Split push? Maybe follow his R by Tping? I'm stuck on what to do.

    submitted by /u/LOLSOHARDLMAO
    [link] [comments]

    detoxifying the game : don't spam ping when you were killed by an opposing lane other than yours

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    I guess I happened to anyone. You are in your lane (say bot lane) doing your best and without you noticing, you end up being ganked by the mid and the jungle at the same time. Of course you get killed, worst case after your burned all your summs, early in the game.
    Out of rage, of course you want to spam ping your midlaner and/or your support/adc because 'no ward, no ss ping omg noob'. If this happens to me, I ping mute every one who pinged more than three time in a row for a death they could have avoided alone.
    Sure it happens with any lane, any elo, any game ...

    My two cents on this is : you get killed by a laner that's not directly versus you, it's still your own fault.

    There are a lot of reason not to ping SS (out of lane, doing an objectif elsewhere on the map, just got killed ... you name it). But it's not a fatality are there often are telltale signs that say : watch out, you are in danger.

    1. The first one is of course the minimap : watch the minimap as often as you would watch your rearview mirror when driving : quick glimpse every 30s. Of course it supposes that you ward, you and the rest of the team.
    2. Situational awareness : if you have been attacking to tower alone for 30 second without any concerns, chances are you are gonna be flanked by one or more ennemies. Make sure you have an idea of the position of any of your enemy at all time. When in doubt, play safe.
    3. Opponent behavior : say you are ahead or slightly even in lane, and for some reason the opposing laner(s) are positionning aggressively. This is also a good hint that say they are going to take a fight they know they are going to win, and the reason they know is that somewhere around them are one or two teamates looking for blood.

    Now, i'm not a great player, and that's something I try to apply to myself. I often forget this and get surprised. It's a work in progress for me and I'd be higher in elo if I avoided every trap like that.

    For you, high elo player, what do you do to avoid getting trapped ? Can you think of other way to tell ... you are gonna get killed ?

    Play well, don't forget it's a game :).

    submitted by /u/LevoSong
    [link] [comments]

    How do I play single-target AP champions?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    Hey there. So lately, I've been wanting to move away from my main champs like Darius or Sett to move into different classes of champions I find interesting. So far I've tried Zoe, Nidalee and Elise but seem to have the same problem while playing all of them.

    You see, When I play champs like Sett, Morde, Darius or Riven I can go into the enemy team and deal constant AOE damage in teamfights and tank, and weave my basic attacks into my combos. These champs that I want to learn seem to be the polar opposite, dealing damage exclusively with their abilities and becoming useless in teamfights without them. Even if I completely dominate my lane with Zoe or my enemy jungler with Nidalee and get really fed, I get frustrated when I can only deal damage to one target at a time and if there are 2 or more fed enemies against me, when focusing one down, the other completely annihilates me and I feel like because of this I am completely useless in teamfights and cannot solocarry my games despite how much damage I actually deal and how quickly I can destroy someone in a 1v1. How do I play/get used to these things? Should I focus on poking more instead of acting like a one-shot assassin? Thanks for your time.

    submitted by /u/LegenDDasH
    [link] [comments]

    Support main here, 1v1 lane is my nightmare. How to deal with it?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 03:34 AM PDT

    My top 3 champs would be Senna, Morgana and Karma. So two of them kinda work on mid or top and I'm also not that horrible with Ahri.

    Yet, I just don't know how to behave 1v1. Especially vs hard carry assasins like Yasuo or Zed. Sometimes I'm simply to scared to even poke them... Are there any "baby steps" champs for mid/top noobs? Or should I just stay on bot and forget about all of this?

    submitted by /u/Cry_Wolff
    [link] [comments]

    What is Pantheon late game role?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 03:45 PM PDT

    A few times now I've had games on Pantheon where I've become extremely fed but we've still lost. I know this is the story of Panth, early monster but not that great late but I feel I must be doing something wrong.

    In these scenarios it's because I don't get the rest of the map snowballing. I ult bot lane and top lane twice each but unfortunately only got summoners out of them and on the repeat gank/roam they somehow survived however we got the remaining plates and tower before 14 minutes. Unlucky I guess that we couldn't pick up the kills too. However I would still solo mid lane enemy and find the jg alone and I was still 7-1 or something stupid by 15 minutes

    If snowballing the rest of the map doesn't work out perfectly and your teammates are going even:

    1. How do you play out the mid/late game on Pantheon.
    2. How do I team fight? Do I engage ASAP with my lead or peel for my carries and wait to pick off low targets and 1v5 at the end of the fight?
    submitted by /u/jrodshoots
    [link] [comments]

    why do some personalities at the least say K6 isn't too great?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    now i dont really buy into the whole bullshit claims IWD makes of K6 being straight up garbage, but a lot of jungler personalities in high elo don't have particularly great opinions of K6.

    But whenever there's a K6 in my games, it almost always degenerates into games centered around the champion. And I play in D2/D1 on average but K6 is popular across most elos as a "smurf" jungle champion. What it's like Masters+, I dunno.

    So some perspective would be nice.

    submitted by /u/fauxaffability
    [link] [comments]

    Should i rush Adaptive Helm vs Teemo as Aatrox?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    Hey guys, i'm a bronze 3 player. I started playing league only recently, so apologies if the question may be silly.

    I just played a game against a teemo as aatrox, and it was quite hurtful. I tried rushing Mercury boots against him, (to get more MR and Tenacity) and then kept building Black Cleaver, but it didn't end well. (I started with shield, and as runes conqueror, and as secondary second wind and revitalize)

    I read a few posts here and there on SS, and the most recommended advices i found are either to stomp him using jg help, or to rush Spectre's Cowl into Adaptive Helm.

    Now, here's my doubt: since aatrox relies so much on selfhealing (thus requiring AD to heal), is it actually worth building it, or is the standard build path better because you'll get damage & sustain from selfheal?

    submitted by /u/Myrith99
    [link] [comments]

    Yauso for Botlane? (As a noob?)

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 03:14 PM PDT

    I mostly play Top as Renekton, and since I dont really have a lot of characters I decided to buy one that is good on other lanes. I saw Yasuo, and he seems pretty interesting...Will I be able to play him on Mid AND bot right now? I know that itll take some practice, but is he viable as an ADC?

    Is Yasuo even worth buying right now?

    This is all in unranked, since I havent unlocked ranked yet...I know that he will probably be banned every game Lmao.

    submitted by /u/KingCrimson87
    [link] [comments]

    How to use top lane advantage to close out the game?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    So I main Renekton and am pretty solid on my mechanics. I have no issues winning laning phase on a regular basis. I feel so disconnected from the rest of the map and dragon that I don't really know how to transition that lead into mid game. Last game I played I was 7/1 at 10 mins vs a vi, she was 1/3 with half my cs. I took top tower and went bot to split and be close to drag. My team kept going 3 mid and jungler was of clearing camps. I was keeping their boot lane occupied with multiple ganks from their jungler. So I was drawing enough pressure, in my opinion, to let my team shove and take towers. But they just kept dieing and ended up feeding the enemy kass and vi who were able to easily kill the rest of my team leaving me to try and finish a team fight 1v5. So was splitting bot after getting such a huge lead the right call? Would I have been better off starting top and pushing for the second tower?

    submitted by /u/20draws10
    [link] [comments]

    How to improve survivality?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    I have a huge problem with surviving in every game that I play. As a jungle main (but that is true no matter the role that I'm playing), I feel like any time an enemy champion goes out of their way to attack me I'm going to die no matter what. The only exceptions are the games where the enemy laner/jungler feeds from the beginning of the game, enabling me to get an early advantage that I can then snowball, but these are extremely rare.

    So, how can I improve survivality? I realize that's quite a broad question, but I really have no idea since I feel like there's nothing I can do to avoid my 0/7's and 0/12's.

    submitted by /u/Algorythmis
    [link] [comments]

    Ekko jungle problem

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 03:43 AM PDT

    hello im new to the game i am level 33 and i bought ekko and reached level 4 mastery.. my favorite role is jungle and warwick was easy to help me play that role effectively and i have a relatively wide understanding of my role.. but warwick was too easy and straightforward.. so i bought ekko after thorough research and i really enjoy playing him but i never put out his true potential.. i have watched tens of guides about him but i am mediocre at most with him.. should i refund him or is it normal to suck at a difficult champ.

    submitted by /u/Xeno19Banbino
    [link] [comments]

    Playing League with somebody who has 0 gaming experience

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 02:29 PM PDT

    So my GF said that she would like to try League. She finished the tutorial by herself and tomorrow we are supposed to play together. Idk what to do. I can play bot games with her, but I am not sure about normal games. My main is in low diamond so If I'd play normals with her, we would win and she would be in a smurf Queue (or whatever it's called) because of me. That would mean that she has 0 chance of winning solo.

    Do you guys have any tips?

    submitted by /u/Kajdan12
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get higher CS in jungle?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    I am currently around level 35 and starting jungle back up for the first time in awhile. Many of the junglers at my rank have been playing it for some time and always seem to have 10-20 more CS than me at a time. Any tips that will let me be able to keep up with them? Thank you and I will be awaiting responses.

    submitted by /u/Lemcnss
    [link] [comments]

    50% win rate Vayne thresh duo, how to impact the map/carry and how to win objectives

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 08:21 PM PDT

    I'm currently bronze 4 and play thresh I duo with a Vayne and we are on discord. For the past week I've put in like 15 games every day of ranked. We win lane by many kills or a small cs lead every game and I try to get deep wards in the enemy jng and we often get kills on them and I roam mid almost every back and get a kill a lot. We go on 5 game win streaks and then 5 game loss streaks and it sucks. We don't get that tilted which is great. But it's really frustrating not getting anywhere. Every game we lose it's cause top and jng feed or we don't group for teamfights/take baron after an ace. I know I have a lot to improve on and I see improvement in my hooks and macro but I'm thinking if theirs anything else I can do. Another thing we are doing recently which has increased our win rate is checking the u.ggs of players and dodging accordingly.

    submitted by /u/Batrat75
    [link] [comments]

    Hey would you mind answering this

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 06:59 AM PDT

    So im someone who s used to play allot of deff champs in top but i want to stop this time n actually make a champion pool i v being playing allot of darius around 2 seasons but the coming nerfs is really bad for him specially the e one so maybe
    i taught this champion pool would work for me
    jax , riven , shen , vlad
    what i want to ask is
    is there any problems i d have playing with this champion pool & is this champion pool viable
    & if you main one of them please tell me what & who counters n when their weak ( early or mid or late )

    THNX i will be gratefull

    submitted by /u/Zeotrigger
    [link] [comments]

    Wtf can you do versus Jhin in lane?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    I play ADC. I can't remember the last time I've won, or at least gone even vs a Jhin. It's NOT EVEN CLOSE and always a complete blowout. Like, he's-6/0/0-by-the-10th-minute bad. It doesn't even matter what support he's with (though the absolute worst games were vs Jhin/Nautilus). And it's not like I'm constantly trying to fight him after I've lost. Like I give it a go when we're all 0/0/0 if my support lands some skills, next time I'll still give it a try if his support misses skills or we have some sort of SS advantage. And if we still lose after that, I will just not engage him AT ALL anymore and farm under tower but he still manages to chunk me down with his Q and W and eventually R me.

    I have no idea what to do. Get hit by ONE thing, whether from him or his support and you're just fucking dead. He whips out his root gun and it's over if you can't flash it, because then they just press all their abilities to CC lock you for an eternity and kill you.

    Half of the time I can't even approach him because he's holding his 4th shot that will smack me for a fifth of my health (before he gets BF). I've tried to wait for his reload, but that doesn't work either because he just speed boosts out of range and I can't reach him before he gets his bullets back. I've tried to just not engage him at all and wait out the laning phase/hope for a gank, but whenever I did that, they just caught and erased my support instead...

    What is this guy's weakness? Because in lane it's definitely not his "lack of mobility". Dude doesn't need a dash when he's constantly zooming all over the place.

    And these aren't smart Jhins either. We're in bronze. They're not doing anything fancy. Sometimes I can tell they just right clicked on my champ and let go of their mouse. And it just makes me feel so stupid afterwards because I'm losing to a guy that's letting the game play itself... But I don't want to ban him either, cuz clearly no one else is having issues with him so there must be a trick to beating him...

    submitted by /u/Xhillia
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment