• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 23, 2020

    LoL Guide Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.15

    LoL Guide Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.15


    Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.15

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    Hello summoners!

    In order to create better discussion in the subreddit, we will be redirecting all simple questions to this thread. Check out the most recent patch notes on the sidebar!

    What is a simple question? Typically, we define a simple question as something that can be answered fully within a single, or maybe two at most, comments. In this thread, you can ask any question you need answered about League of Legends, even if it isn't necessarily about learning the game itself. Keep in mind we will still continue to remove golden rule violations, rants, memes, topics against Riot's ToS, and paid services - but the other rules are generally more lax here.


    What you can do to help!

    For now, this is a patch-based thread, meaning it will be posted once every two weeks. Checking back on this thread later in the patch and answering any questions that have been posted would be a huge help!

    If you're trying to ask a question, the more specific you are, the better it is for all of us! We can't give you any help if we don't get much to work with in the first place.


    Resources

    • Our 101 page, with a ton of free content!

    • Our weekly mentoring thread: We have many users willing to provide free mentoring services!

    • Champion discussions: Check out our previous discussions on champions!

    • Summoner School Discord: A voice and text chat platform for teaching and learning. We also have a mentors who are available for personal coaching.

    • Leagueofgraphs: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more.

    • Lolalytics: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more.

    • OP.GG: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more. Note: stats are for Korea plat+ only, so sample sizes tend to be low.

     

    Which do you use? Deviations in stats are typically minor, so whichever one you prefer.


    If you have any suggestions for this thread, please let us know through modmail how we could improve!

    submitted by /u/furiousRaMPaGe
    [link] [comments]

    Champion Pool/Role Advice Megathread: July

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    If you need help with what roles or champs to play, feel free to comment in this thread. Be sure to help out others by answering questions as well!


    There have always been lots of posts on /r/summonerschool asking for help with champion pools or advice on what roles to play/swap to. Since these threads are only applicable to a single person -- the creator of the posts -- we have created a megathread to keep more generally applicable threads on the frontpage.

    If you have any questions about rounding out your champion pool or identifying your strengths and weaknesses, post a question! Feel free to include a link to your op.gg profile if you wish. Remember that the more detailed questions will get more fulfilling answers.

    If you're a new player, consider checking out this page for champion recommendations as well as other beginner advice, guides, and explanations of champion classes/roles.


    Here are some guidelines for posting in this thread. You don't necessarily have to answer these questions, but they do help responders give better advice.

    1. What are you looking for help with?

    2. Who do you currently play?

    3. Why do you play them?

    4. How do you play them? What is your playstyle? What role do they fulfill?

    5. What are you good at? What do you want to be good at?

    Also be sure to check out websites like https://lolalytics.com/ and www.op.gg to add some statistical basis to your judgements.


    Thanks to our big contributors: u/Blasterus, u/VintageFox

    submitted by /u/furiousRaMPaGe
    [link] [comments]

    For those of you struggling with Lillia's first clear, here's a demo of how to full clear leashless with full HP and one Smite left for Scuttle by ~3:15

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD354px8UuU

    Demo for how to stay heatlhy on Lillia while still reaching Scuttle on time with a Smite up. You don't need to do the Raptor trick if you have a leash. I mess up a little bit here and there - a perfect run should be ~3:15 with full health. Obviously a bit faster if you have a leash.

    I have Dark Harvest - Cheap Shot - Eyeball - Ravenous - Cosmic Insight - Magical Boots with AS/AP/Armor here. Dunno if those are the best runes, but it's what I'm running for now.

    A demo of Lillia's Blue-start full clear can be found here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gjk5UrtAbcqdYnRlx9KMDuHGxhKsEv50vhn02cN0y-c/edit#gid=206466966

    submitted by /u/phylaris
    [link] [comments]

    Getting back into league

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 01:39 AM PDT

    Hey there!

    So I haven't played a game of league in a couple of years, I wanna say I quit somewhere around the end of season 5, maybe start of season 6. I used to be pretty good at the game, I even mentored on here and was part of some of the summonerschool games that used to get organized on here. Now I'm looking to get back in and I need a refresher.

    I don't need information about meta and what champ is good, I can look up streams and guides for that. I just need some general information about what the game is like right now. Stuff like what is the whole elemental dragon stuff, did any jungle stuff change and what is the general style of play.

    If anybody could point me to a place where I can get caught up or if someone can give me a bullet-point list of the most important changes I would be extremely grateful.

    See you on the rift!

    submitted by /u/grafixcrazy1
    [link] [comments]

    How does one lane against trynd?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 06:51 PM PDT

    He just feels.... entirely unfair to put it lightly. I played a game as darius against him and it just feels like he beats me no matter what. Even with my passive, he outtrades because of crits. I run oom and he's still full hp with his q, then after 6 it is actually impossible to solo him because of his ult and then he turret dives over and over. Im not ranting, I just don't understand how to beat it. Yes, I build tabis and executioners, and no, I do not believe it made any difference at all.

    submitted by /u/Madrigal_King
    [link] [comments]

    Losing... a lot

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:15 AM PDT

    hi everyone! I'm a relatively new league player (just hit level 30) and i played what was sort of ny start of doing draft pick and I jist couldn't win. I always lost lane averaging about 5/15 K/D a game over 7 games... is this normal to just struggle especially when jumping from blind to draft. Was this just a bad day or do i just need to improve a ton (is that also normal)

    submitted by /u/Highelfzulu
    [link] [comments]

    Question about ADCs

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    I'm a low elo player-- among ADCs, is there some sort of ranking of how well each ADC scales into lategame? It's common knowledge that ADCs like Draven and Lucian thrive in early-midgame when they get ahead, while ADCs like Jinx and Vayne suffer in the laning phase but can shred once they get their items lategame, and when I queue with friends we tend to point those out in loading screen. But some ADCs I'm not sure about, like MF and Kalista-- and what about a matchup like Jinx vs. Vayne? Is there a definitive ranking?

    submitted by /u/onlytheleaves
    [link] [comments]

    Who beats Sett top in lane?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    I'm just really struggling to beat this champion in lane. I've tried so many different champs against him and I'll go through the list and explain my struggles in lane against him.

    Shen: He out pushes so constantly has wave advantage over me. He wins the trade without using his W even with my blocking his Q. I save taunt usually to dodge the W by taunting through him. But by that point I'm so low that taunting in to him to doge his W ends up in my death. (Yes I instantly rush Tabi and Bramble).
    Jax: I have some luck with jax if I can get the level 1 E off on him with the double damage bonus. But once he hits level 3 the only time I can trade is when my 15 second E is up, other than that his 7-10s cooldowns just run me out of lane over and over till I've too behind for the plays to matter. I do outscale him with jax at least so I can win late game 1v1s.

    Maokai: This matchup is just sad all in all. I can get close to beating him in lane but end of the day he outsustains and maokai alone doesn't have kill pressure. I have to keep using mana to stay even with him, once mana runs out the cs defecit begins. The bork cleaver build obviously outscales hard so I just have to team fight and pray that he will do the same instead of splitting.

    Fiora: Similar situation to Shen. He beats me without having to use his W in early 1v1s. So I have to use my W just for the atk speed slow. I can stay even in lane for the most but close fights are near impossible. The E and his R allow him to get me way too low and he usually will rush bramble making me useless past that unless I'm already ahead. I do kill him level 1 though if he doesn't respect the vital damage early.

    Quinn: This is a bit tricky one. I can bully him quite a bit pre level 3. After that when he runs up with Q I have to respect and give up farm cause if I get stunned then my E doesn't do anything after the trade, damage is already done and if I trade back his W is within my auto range.

    Renekton: Same situation to Shen. My W can cut his shield sure but, W is kind of what enables me to win trades so I'm reliant on trading in and dodging his w with my 2nd E. Usually range ain't enough, and if he's fast he just E's me when I go in. I lose the straight up fight to his punches so the W again is just icying on the cake for Sett.

    Shyvanna: (Conq + Bork Triforce and E max) This is the only champ that seems to outscale him starting level 6. I play with Exhaust and Ignite. I have to just play pre6 to rush my bramble and trade as little as possible. Then at level 6 with my summs I can usually kill him. But at that point around 7-8 mins I find myself 15-20 cs down. So if I all in and enemy jg is there that's gg for me, or if enemy jg is at top during that time then I just can't begin to catch back up with the all in.

    Garen: Garen seems to do alright whenever I can W before he stuns me. But he's so sticky that I can't easily leave after I trade, he remains in w range and he wins all in 1v1s so it makes a pain dealing with him. His passive can out sustain mine making me give up a load of cs just off of one bad trade. I have to win like 3-4 trades in a row to be able to deny cs. He wins 1 trade and that's a good 60 seconds of waiting for my passive. Level 6 can go even if I have my bramble by then. But usually I'm down in cs at that point.

    So what's the optimal champion to pick into this over-tuned bastard champion? And how do I have to mechanically play the trades to beat him in lane.

    submitted by /u/StolenTearz
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth picking tank junglers in low elo?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 04:44 PM PDT

    Hey there. I'm looking to focus on jungle champs like Nunu and Zac, but I've found that some games my laners are just outclassed and I can't really make up for the damage difference. I'll set them up with a good start early on and they'll still lose 1v1s or make dumb decisions once towers start falling.

    It's understandable and I'm not complaining - just wondering if I'd be better off with carry-oriented picks. I'm not much of a 1v9 player though, so I figure I should just accept that those games were probably gonna be losses regardless of my champion.

    submitted by /u/Asbestos_Jones
    [link] [comments]

    How to deal with tristana mid?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    Hi, i'm main mid, i mained Ziggs for years and ultimately i'm doing great with zoe, i usually can work around counter picks and i can deny assassins pretty well, but if i find myself against a trist i know i'll loose hard, her engage at lvl 2 and 3 is too strong, she wull dive even under tower with the jump, delete me and jump back to safety... i really can't understand how to sorvive this, how do you deal with a trist mid?

    submitted by /u/Bencio5
    [link] [comments]

    After laning, I’m incredibly lost in what to do with Assassins (specifically Akali, Zed, Yas)

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    Okay so I'm not a complete knucklehead, but recently I've been struggling to find my way late in games.

    Just to give some background - I've been playing LOL since January and honestly I feel like I have a decent grasp on the game. I've played mobas before, but learning the champ pool has been a challenge. Anyway I started played bot lane - got kind of bored so I played top for 2 months or so and got pretty decent can easily play against gold level players and win. However recently (last 3 months) we haven't had anyone on my 5 stack play mid so I figured I'd pick it up as no one else in my stack is technically that good. Obviously there are some skills you need to pick up especially when playing assassins, but I feel like I'm not that bad. I can easily 1v1 most champs in lane and don't get hunted down/ harrassed by the junglers too much as it's low rank (iron-gold). So anyway - every single ranked game goes like this for me. I win lane +2 kills over my opponent, winning cs and have a strong tower push. Then I stall out around 20-25 minutes. I cant seem to make huge impacts in team fights, I struggle to figure out what to do. I try to attack their damage dealer and eliminate them from the fights, but find I always get killed first however, if I don't dive in early enough in fights my entire team gets shredded. What are some other things that maybe I'm not considering that I need to focus on? I try to farm side lanes and get back mid or on objectives when I need to, but again, never seem to make a huge impact - especially with Akali. Any suggestions or even Champ suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks all!

    submitted by /u/chaz_michealmicheals
    [link] [comments]

    Jungling-Maintaining farm whilst doing objectives/ganking.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    So I'm a very objective and gank focussed playstyle jungler (current favs are nunu, Lillia and Voli) I'm okay doing these things however I tend to suffer a discrepancy of farm and usually end up being outscaled and farmed (unless I get fed) as soon as Lane phase ends. As Lane phases get shorter and shorter I notice I'm more and more stuck behind. Some times I feel like I have to gank every lane at all times as they could all be pushed in/losing and I'm only one with and impact or strength.

    I often end up chain ganking different lanes and running behind in farm in these cases. Any advice for keeping up? I especially get behind if enemy jungler is a power farm champion (yi, shyv etc.)

    Thanks!

    P.S. my friends (and a lot of randoms) seem to get really pissy if I tax their Lane after a gank, even a little. Because "junglers should farm jungle"

    submitted by /u/LonelySoul96
    [link] [comments]

    How to play jungle?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    Hi, I recently started playing league. Jungle is my type of role and I like playing with Master Yi. With Yi I start usually with a leash from my bott side ( blue - grump - red + scuttle) then I continue farming till I can afford my first items. Control over the game isn't hard early, I take drakes, herolds and vision over the enemy jungle fast and easy, but then...on the stage steps out the late game.

    The most difficult thing for me at late game is team fights...

    First I don't know who to target or when do I start the fight, I'm mostly afraid to start the fight cause I don't rely on my team to support me.

    Second I can't focus on what's going on, what champ is attacking me, what champ just cc-ed me etc.

    And third after we lost one or two team fights enemies have more items and I don't really know what to build against it, or what items works for the best on Yi.

    I've watched several guides about items, but still I don't understand few things. For an example, why are people buying Guinsoo's Rageblade on Yi and what is exactly Guinsoo's Rage doing, what are stacks for this item doing anyway?

    In front I'm sorry for bad English or noobie questions, I really like league and I want to improve. I like reading more than watching tutorials, so if anyone have some readable tutorial suggestions please let me know.

    submitted by /u/DzoniBoi007
    [link] [comments]

    How to play ADC without a peel support ?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    Hello guys I recently started to played ADC in duo with a Leona main, I had a good time, reached M7 on Jhin,... but a day, I tried to play bot without my fellow friend and I feel like it's a totally different game. The enemy assassins can just go trough my team without even trying to flank ( bronze Elo) and I just got oneshot in every fight. Have you guys any tips on how to survive without peeling ?

    submitted by /u/Uhlror
    [link] [comments]

    Ganking a lane twice - a tool every jungler should use

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 06:14 AM PDT

    This is an old tool from a bag of tricks most junglers are familiar with but it still works in Season 10 so I wanted to bring it to the attention of aspiring junglers. Essentially it boils down to ganking a lane, doing something productive on that side of the map then ganking the lane again when your opponents come back to lane.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dgdzyPzlYc

    submitted by /u/CommandoYi
    [link] [comments]

    Am I forever doomed to lose every game to Nasus in low ELO? (As Katarina)

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 10:03 PM PDT

    Nasus is one of those champions I frequently ban even though I don't have to lane against him. I honestly win more matches where I feed 0 - 4 in 10 minutes then make a comeback than games where I start 6 - 0 and have an enemy Nasus.

    The last match I played I triple killed the enemy Galio, picked up kills bot, and my team 3 man ganked Nasus about 3 times in 15 minutes. By 25 minutes he was an unstoppable machine that crushed us all. by 33 minutes our team went from taking towers and dominating objectives to being crushed in our base under two towers. I can't gank him by myself early even if I'm ahead as he's way too tanky for Katarina to deal with unless there's someone else that can do massive damage (we had an Akali top so she couldn't do much damage either). Once he completes his spirit visage he's unkillable even with Gunblade + Liandries + Void + Sorcs.

    I know the other option if I can't shut him down is to end the game early but I have no idea how to do that as Katarina. Whenever I split push they just send Galio after me who I can't tower dive or kill past early game so I have to swap lanes while Nasus ensures they autowin the 4v4. If I stay with my team he just crushes everyone. Their positioning was solid so I couldn't just jump to the backline to delete the support/ADC because Nasus would just clunk me on the head and I'd be dead in half a second with him there.

    What's the counterplay here? How can I end games early by myself if my team isn't hardcore pushing objectives? As it stands the enemy team picking Nasus is essentially an automatic win regardless of his performance. Bronze ELO.

    submitted by /u/EonXII
    [link] [comments]

    Server Peak Hours for Garena L.O.L.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 05:32 AM PDT

    Hi everyone I play League from India and Garena server is best for me.. i get 350ms in Na. So had to quit after playing till level 25. The lag was just too much. Moving to Garena server gets me 90 to 110ms ping.. which is not ideal but definitely more playable. But it seems i spend more time waiting for matches than playing.

    So here is my question.. is there any way to know league server peak times.. any help appreciated.

    Edit: answered. Thanks kind person.

    submitted by /u/Manga_reader1
    [link] [comments]

    Question: Ok, So i've muted all...why can I still get pinged?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    Just had a game where I muted all because of champ select, I just knew it wouldn't go well...I honestly should've dodged because I already wasn't in the right mindset. But I didn't, I wasn't sure how that would affect promos. Anyways, mute all enabled. Now, every single time I make a mistake (of which there were plenty, see above, already tilted) this one guy pings that mistake. I die? He pings my respawn counter. I use my ult a split second too late? He pings my ult. I specifically muted pings, and not only was I getting those, I was getting the question mark pings from him too. I had to make chat super small just to get thru the game so it wasn't in my face. Am I setting up my options wrong? Or are some things just not mutable, and why not?

    submitted by /u/steampig
    [link] [comments]

    ADC player learning second role

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    So I main Adc role but I'm trying to learn support but when i play support I just feed like crazy, losing us the laning phase and sometimes the game. I play hook supports like nautilus mostly but i have tried Soraka and that went ok but I feel like if i dont play hook or damage supps then I'm forcing my ADC to cs and win the lane. I'm not sure how true this statment is but i have heard that the adcs job is to farm and sometimes fallow up on hooks/stuns ect and its the supports job to win the lane or at least get the adc their cs. I dont know what i'm doing wrong, is nautiless good for learning the role or is somthing like soraka better teach the role?

    thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/1Grant1
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with leaving the ADC ROLE

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 04:57 AM PDT

    Hi, Ive been an ADC main for about three years at this point and have loved the role and the champions in it, however this season I just find myself getting so angry at the game whilst playing. Most games are done before I can do anything, either a stomp for me or the enemy team. Ice briefly tried role swapping before but couldn't give up the role I hate. Anyone have any advice about how to move on from a role I like but dont enjoy anymore?

    submitted by /u/TreeBeardLover
    [link] [comments]

    Should I drop my favourite champ because I have a sub par WR

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 04:02 PM PDT

    Currently a gold 3 top laner, I'm struggling with the fact that my favourite champ to play (Rengar top) I'm kinda completely garbage with, 40 percent wr. As someone who values the fun aspect as well as the competitive aspect of the game I'm struggling if I should keep playing it, especially when I have a very positive wr on the other two champs that I play, I've played about 50 games this season as rengar seriously trying to get better and I'm still having a hard time, I desperately want to be better with this champ but I feel like I'm inting my games by playing it, normals I also feel like is a rough place to master a champ

    submitted by /u/Sipinate
    [link] [comments]

    ADC Macro/Spikes

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 06:48 AM PDT

    Hello All,

    I'm a gold~ adc main.

    So I generally see that the main goal as adc is to play for farm and hit spikes. The general advice I've seen is go to where your team isn't and farm that lane. I have some questions about how to more specifically do that. I'm having trouble deciding when to deviate from that plan.

    For instance, imagine dragon is spawning but there is a huge wave pushing in top and no ones going for it. Its not soul. Do I go for drag or just push? Does this change if I've hit the general 3 item spike for adc?

    Is the tl;dr for adc that I should push whatever lane is open until late?

    I mainly play Ashe/Sivir/Caitlyn and wanted to confirm their "online" items.

    Ashe - It seems like the first spike is botrk then it tones down until I'm botkr/hurricane/ie

    Caitlyn - similar it seems like im good with a finished storm razor, then dip until i get ie + a finished zeal item.

    Sivir - It seems ilke my waveclear takes off when I finish ER but I need around 4 items to actually be online.

    Also any good videos on mid-late game macro for adc woudl be amazing.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/rnichaeljackson
    [link] [comments]

    How do you define "winning lane"?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    Is it kills, levels, turret damage, cs? Also some champs are late game, like vayne or kass. Is it fine to just go even in these lanes or should I be winning those too if I want to climb?

    If I play Lucian or other adcs, I can win lane most of the time. If I play late game champs, then I usually go even or lead lane with a cs lead through wave management, but no kills or turret damage. Does that count as "winning"?

    submitted by /u/Bhavya0409
    [link] [comments]

    Mental hurdles in League

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 11:16 PM PDT

    I have a major self deprecation problem when it comes to LoL, and people I play with get very annoyed by it. For example I'd do something dumb like misfire an ult or forget to use ignite and before I even get told anything, I fire off comments like "god I'm so bad" and "why do y'all even play with me" and it's very annoying to them. Does anyone have a similar issue and if so, how can I mitigate it?

    submitted by /u/Supersamjagger
    [link] [comments]

    Whats a Good Nautilus Damage Build?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    Hello, When I first started playing league, I found Nautilus and I really liked playing him. Up until now I have been mainly playing support Nautilus but I have gotten a tiny bit sick of playing only support. While playing as sup i felt like i was doing no damage and i was always jealous of my mates why would be taking down everyone as if they were a professional Yasuo while I was there unable to protect myself and only getting assists. I have tried many other champs but I only actually enjoyed playing a few eventually leading me to come back to Nautilus. I have experimented making my own builds such as attack speed or ap but most of them have been a complete failure. Im getting off topic, anyway my point is that if anyone could maybe recommend a good build for Naut (whether it is either ap or ad or whatever) that does great damage so I can also be independant and get alot of takedowns!

    submitted by /u/B00mer_0k
    [link] [comments]

    Learning if champs are early, mid, or late game champs

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    I have been playing league for about 3 and a half years now and I've had the amazing opportunity to play collegiate 5's for a good amount of that time. However, something that I have continually been trying to learn is when champions spike, when they fall off, which scale, which don't, etc. I know that checking winrate/game duration is one good indicator of how well a champion scales (ie Kayle having a 46% wr before 25 min and a 58% wr after 35 min vs Rek Sai having a 54% wr before 25 min and a 47% after 35 min), but I would like to know if there are better resources to learn this info. What I had been told for the past year and a half is that this information is something that you pick up over time, which is true, it is a very slow process despite the number of games I have put in in addition to not playing a lot of the champs in question.

    Edit: I should specify that I am a jungler and info on any champ is info I am willing to absorb.

    submitted by /u/PeruvianBrownMan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment