• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 2, 2020

    LoL Guide Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.18

    LoL Guide Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.18


    Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.18

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 01:10 AM PDT

    Hello summoners!

    In order to create better discussion in the subreddit, we will be redirecting all simple questions to this thread. Check out the most recent patch notes on the sidebar!

    What is a simple question? Typically, we define a simple question as something that can be answered fully within a single, or maybe two at most, comments. In this thread, you can ask any question you need answered about League of Legends, even if it isn't necessarily about learning the game itself. Keep in mind we will still continue to remove golden rule violations, rants, memes, topics against Riot's ToS, and paid services - but the other rules are generally more lax here.


    What you can do to help!

    For now, this is a patch-based thread, meaning it will be posted once every two weeks. Checking back on this thread later in the patch and answering any questions that have been posted would be a huge help!

    If you're trying to ask a question, the more specific you are, the better it is for all of us! We can't give you any help if we don't get much to work with in the first place.


    Resources

    • Our 101 page, with a ton of free content!

    • Our weekly mentoring thread: We have many users willing to provide free mentoring services!

    • Champion discussions: Check out our previous discussions on champions!

    • Summoner School Discord: A voice and text chat platform for teaching and learning. We also have a mentors who are available for personal coaching.

    • Leagueofgraphs: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more.

    • Lolalytics: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more.

    • OP.GG: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more. Note: stats are for Korea plat+ only, so sample sizes tend to be low.

     

    Which do you use? Deviations in stats are typically minor, so whichever one you prefer.


    If you have any suggestions for this thread, please let us know through modmail how we could improve!

    submitted by /u/furiousRaMPaGe
    [link] [comments]

    Mentoring Thread: Patch 10.18

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    Please do not reply directly to the thread.

    Coaches: reply to the regional comments with the application format below.

    Students: contact coaches (PM/reply) before adding them in-game.



    Respect our Golden Rule. If you find that certain teachers/students are disrespectful, send us a message here.

    For all the previous weeks: https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/wiki/archives


    Format for replies|Only Teachers should directly reply to the distinguished comments

    :--:|:--: Copy paste this and fill it up in your responses.

    Teacher:

    Summoner Name:

    **League / Division**: **Areas of expertise**: **Champions**: **Languages Spoken**: **Duration of Mentoring**: **Preferred Methods**: **Other Info**: 

    Previous Week Threads: https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/wiki/archives


    General Guidelines for Students

    • You will be making the first contact by sending a PM or replying to the mentor of your choice.

    • Come prepared. What do you want to take away from this? Is there anything the mentors can review?

    • Know your issues: In which areas do you struggle?

    • You must understand that getting better is all about yourself. Bring your best attitude.

    • Be motivated. The results are proportional to the amount of effort you put in practice.

    • Mentors are here to assist and help you with the difficulties you encounter. This is not a way to find high elo Duo Queue partners.


    General Guidelines for Mentors

    • You will accept players of your choice as students upon receiving their messages. The responsibility to make further contact and set up times falls on you.

    • Be clear as to what you want to do for your student(s) in your description: Review replays, lane together in normals, experiment and practice in custom games, simply answer questions/discuss, etc.

    • Try to organize your sessions by having specific themes. You do not want to overburden someone with too much information at once.

    • Give yourself discussion prompts to avoid losing your trail of thought. Slow down, clarify your opinions and make sure the student understands.

    • It is important to always promote a positive attitude and mentality towards playing and improving.


    Tools

    submitted by /u/furiousRaMPaGe
    [link] [comments]

    Every game I play my main role, I lose. Every game I fill and don't get jungle, I win.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    I don't understand how this happens. I have been a jungle main from season 2 and have always played solid in that role. The only major thing that led to consistent losses back in the day, was because I had bad game sense, knowing what needs to happen and made bad calls. Right now, I am almost constantly losing games I get to jungle in.

    I fill every game I play as I'm decent at all roles, but Jungle is my main as that's where my main skill now, game sense, comes into play the most. That used to be different, I picked up jungle way back in the day because I sucked at laning and you don't have to lane in the Jungle, so that was an easy choice to make. For some reason, everything just goes awry when I play jungle, yet every game I get another role via fill, I win.

    Last night, I won lane versus a 1.7m mastery points Wukong OTP as Singed (whom I first picked) without any ganks from either jungler, allied or enemy. I mean, how the fuck does that happen. I was literally on a 9 game win streak where I performed well, not to the point where I was fed beyond comprehension, but very, very decent.

    Then, today, I get jungle three times via Fill and I'm actively counter picking the enemy jungler and their general team comp by taking one of my mains where I have a lot of experience with, fighting against these types of matchups, I am extremely actively thinking about dragons, timers, what lane to gank, where to shadow, when to invade to deny CS, and all of those games I've lost so incredibly hard, it's ridiculous. I do exactly the same things as I do whenever I win games while juggling, but just nothing seems to work, including the backup plans for when things indeed do go terribly wrong.

    I just don't get what I can do to get my mojo back. I don't want to become a main support, ADC or toplaner. I am okay at those roles and I will happily, gladly fill the gap in matchmaking wherever needed, but I just don't want to jungle anymore. I've tried moving to a new role, but it's not what I am looking for, I want to fill in queue and get literally any role, don't care which one, but jungle.

    This turned out to be a vent more than seeking for advice, but emotions when typing, you know how it is. I guess I am asking for advice on what to do as I really enjoy League, but I am being forced into a position I hate and, well, I hate it. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/JackFromTheHill
    [link] [comments]

    How the hell do I beat garen mid late game espically with a yummi.

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    I'm low elo clearly but I cant any more with him. I wont complain about his kit but I cant figure put how to win. I play tryna illaoi and garen. Even playing him I just gotta chill till lvl 6 then snowball. I consistently am getting 6-7cspm and on illaoi and tryna I consistently win lane against him. But once he gets 1 bruiser item 1 crit item and 1 tank item he feels like he does all 3 job. I try and kite and some champs (auto fill adc) but he is immune to slows if he saves q has nutty tenacity and dmg reduction with w then shreds armour and install procs conq wiith e. How do I do it?

    submitted by /u/rk_hay
    [link] [comments]

    I just hit d4 for the very first time and i'm here to tell you how to actually climb as a jungle main

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    I understand the pain of being stuck in the lower ranks, after all I started out in bronze and had a very tough time climbing. It feels like you can't carry, team is bad and every game is a coin flip. As you climb you realize what an awful mentality that is, but it is hard to realize it at first. When I started I was so toxic I even got my first account banned. Here are the REAL tips on how to escape elo hell.

    1. Stick to one champion. This is actually the biggest thing you need to realize if you want to climb easily. If you can just learn one champion to its fullest potential, the game becomes so much easier. I pretty much only play Nunu now. Once I fully dedicated myself to this one champ, I was able to climb so much higher with a 63% winrate on Nunu. Often times players switch roles or champions in ranked just because they feel like it, but this is the biggest trap you can fall into. Stick to a single champion and you will get so much better at the game. You will get to a point where you can just focus on the game once you are good enough with a champion.
    2. Play around soul. Lower elo players have no concept of win conditions, they just walk around and fight until death timers are so long, they can just end. It doesn't have to be this way though. Soul is an incredible win condition! If you get soul, you probably have an 80% chance of winning. This doesn't mean you should int for drags though. What you should do is try to path bot within 30 seconds of drag spawning and get a gank off on your bot or mid so you can get help with the drag. Often times I will type in chat, "let them shove into you bot and I will gank you and then get dragon." Most laners in low elo shove like monkeys, but a simple message telling them to stop for a gank usually works. If they don't stop shoving, then at least the enemy bot cannot stop you from taking the drag by yourself since they are shoved into tower.
    3. Baron is actually just free. Players overestimate what it takes to do baron, but most adc's just shred baron. If you are around 25+ minutes and you get 2 picks, just convince your team to baron. It's such a strong buff for sieging and it honestly isn't risky as long as some mega fed opponent isn't alive.
    4. Control wards and sweeper are your best friend. In order to take objectives safely, you should put down a control ward and sweep around the dragon/baron pit every single time. If you know the enemy has no vision, you can just sneak a free dragon and get one step closer to soul.
    5. Mute the 0/5 top begging for ganks and saying "jg diff." He doesn't know what he's saying and you will 100% play better if you mute him and ignore him. My worst aspect is my pride, most of the time i'm too prideful to mute and I have to talk back. Don't be like me, just mute them and win more.
    6. When you start red and head towards blue side, let your laners know you will be there after 3-4 camps and tell them that you can gank if they don't shove the first few waves. I almost always tell my mid this if they are against a melee opponent. Enemy has a yone? Just tell your mid to let him shove and bam! You get a free kill or flash. Tldr: let your team know when you're coming
    7. Don't ff, teams actually throw super often and the experience of fighting a strong team is good to have anyway

    At the end of the day, i'm just a d4 nunu one trick and I can't teach everything in a single post. Just focus on your own gameplay and a single champ and I promise you will improve! My op.gg is: https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=bi0gamer if you would like to check it out. If you want to find a champion to onetrick, try and pick someone who is strong, but won't get nerfed hard or anytime soon. I'd recommend hecarim, nunu or ap shyvanna right now.

    submitted by /u/TheToad54
    [link] [comments]

    How to do a long freeze?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    Basically the title. I was watching some videos with LS in them and he keeps referring to a long freeze. How do you do this long freeze? I understand the basics of early game macro like freeze, crashing, slow pushes, but as soon as it hits mid-late game I just run around.

    And when do I do a long freeze? Currently I just spam push waves, but if I can't dive the enemy, I just feel useless as I wait for the next wave to come.

    Basically, how and when do I do a long freeze? Thanks

    submitted by /u/cryingbob
    [link] [comments]

    Without being toxic or condescending, can someone explain to me why/how garen is considered balanced?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 03:55 PM PDT

    I've been playing this game for about 6 years and I still can't grasp how he's considered balanced BUT instead of making an 'I hate garen' rant post saying why I think he's broken I wanna try this, can people explain to me why he's NOT broken maybe I can get a sense of understanding and even come out of this knowing a bit more about the champion and ways I can possible beat him, whether I'm directly in his lane or not. Yes i am low elo like much of the player base so I see him quit often. And I've fought him hundreds of times and yet still can't figure how to actually beat him in an effective way

    submitted by /u/finallymadeareddit2
    [link] [comments]

    How do you play against top laners in team fights/duels?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    I feel like most of my games are pretty much solely dependent on the outcome of top lane. I main mid, and usually no matter how far ahead I am the enemy top can 1v1 me or 1v2 me with a teammate after losing lane or going even, and definitely when they're ahead. I play in super low elo, and it seems like when watching streams of pro or high rank streamers it feels like top isn't nearly as dominant, so I wondered if y'all had any ways to better play around top laners in general?

    submitted by /u/MitchManMemer
    [link] [comments]

    Explanation on Karthus' default runes

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    Trying out Karthus in the jungle and I saw on Probuild that absolutely everybody goes for Cheap Shot and Ravenous Hunter How exactly is this better than Taste of Blood/Ultimate Hunter, which I would tend to choose?

    I don't see Cheap Shot being useful anytime, except when you place your W but then again it will only proc on one Q whereas Taste of Blood will at least give you health (which Karthus really needs)

    And for Ravenous Hunter, as I just said, I know Karthus needs a bit of health regen, but choose that over ult CDR?? when you can have the little bit of health regen by taking ToB? I'm so confused lol

    submitted by /u/reptilus89
    [link] [comments]

    Hardstuck in silver, and I think I know why.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    Hey there. I'm a toplaner stuck in silver 1/2, going up and down all the time. I've done the promos like 10 times by now. I shouldnt blame my team, but I kinda want to. I can't really come here to make my team mates better, so I'm here because I feel like i'm lacking a bit in three things: When to push, freeze, slowpush, shove; Mid~late game macro; Warding. I don't know much about wave management, nor when to fight/split. I get it, split to create pressure, but what do I do with that pressure? How do I effectively ward in order to not get ganked? How do I track the enemy jungler? I want to improve and climb, so I ask you all, high elo players, to help me in these regards, where I'm clearly lacking. Any answers would help, and if anyone could talk to me, it would be even better!

    submitted by /u/Juanlamaquina
    [link] [comments]

    How to deal with enemy jg invades?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    Just started League and currently in Bronze. Sometimes in games the enemy jungler would often steal my buffs or camps. I only find out about it when I go to it since my teammates dont often ward them. How can I deal with this and what are the conditions that are have to be met to be able to do this against the enemy? Also any counter jungling tips would be great

    submitted by /u/derachaevi
    [link] [comments]

    Champion Pool/Role Advice Megathread: September

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 01:13 AM PDT

    If you need help with what roles or champs to play, feel free to comment in this thread. Be sure to help out others by answering questions as well!


    There have always been lots of posts on /r/summonerschool asking for help with champion pools or advice on what roles to play/swap to. Since these threads are only applicable to a single person -- the creator of the posts -- we have created a megathread to keep more generally applicable threads on the frontpage.

    If you have any questions about rounding out your champion pool or identifying your strengths and weaknesses, post a question! Feel free to include a link to your op.gg profile if you wish. Remember that the more detailed questions will get more fulfilling answers.

    If you're a new player, consider checking out this page for champion recommendations as well as other beginner advice, guides, and explanations of champion classes/roles.


    Here are some guidelines for posting in this thread. You don't necessarily have to answer these questions, but they do help responders give better advice.

    1. What are you looking for help with?

    2. Who do you currently play?

    3. Why do you play them?

    4. How do you play them? What is your playstyle? What role do they fulfill?

    5. What are you good at? What do you want to be good at?

    Also be sure to check out websites like https://lolalytics.com/ and www.op.gg to add some statistical basis to your judgements.


    Thanks to our big contributor: u/Blasterus

    submitted by /u/furiousRaMPaGe
    [link] [comments]

    Farm. No, seriously, farm.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 11:11 AM PDT

    I have been recently paying a lot more attention to everyones' farms and I noticed that usually the players doing well are the ones with the most farm, so I started to farm more.

    I always paid attention to my farm in the early game (0-15 mins) because I wanted to create a lead on my opponent laner but after the initial laning I usually just forgot about farm and started to force fights or constantly help out my teammates who forced fights for no reason and basically ran around the map in between. This lead to my initial lead going away by the 25th minute if we didn't win by then. Many times I had games where we steamrolled the enemy in the first 20 minutes, tried to finish by araming mid lane, then lose one fight and then lose the entire game.

    In the last 2 weeks or so, I started to pay attention to 2 things. First, the map. I need to know when to stop farming and when to help my jungler between farming. Second, the lanes after laning. I rotate to empty lanes and hard push them. With this method I not only get a lot of farm thus gold and items but most of the lanes will be pushed up to the enemy turrets forcing the enemy to either slowly lose that turret or send a player or two to deal with the minions, giving us a potential advantage in fights.

    submitted by /u/SuspecM
    [link] [comments]

    Is it ok if I do a break and still keep up with League?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    I really need to take a break from the game because I am really unmotivated with my gameplay lately. Last games only have made me question about everything including my main champion and role.

    Started playing in November last year and I only did a small break (3 weeks) since then. Have been playing every single day.

    My question is if I should take a complete break from League not only the game itself? I like to watch LEC games, some streamers that only play LoL and also follow the posts here.

    submitted by /u/Kard_L7
    [link] [comments]

    Dodging games as an strategy

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    So do you think dodging a game at champ select is really a thing to consider? I never do that but I'm starting to think it's useful.

    For example i had a game with a poppy support and got stomped at botlane because she was useless.

    And i think it's my fault for not having tought of that in the lobby.

    Other cases is when an unranked player its in the game. That's an almost secure defeat in gold+ elo.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/aardea
    [link] [comments]

    How do you cs with Leblanc?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    I am a Viktor player and Viktor has a lower base damage and I can cs with him, yet with Leblanc, I am always off by a few hp on the cs.

    I'm losing a lot of cs with this mage and I haven't had trouble keeping 8/cs per min with any other champion but Leblanc I am getting 100 cs at the end of the game, no matter how far ahead I am.

    submitted by /u/mustangcody
    [link] [comments]

    How do I track sums?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 04:14 PM PDT

    How do I track sums in chat by typing something like 1200 mid 1400 top tp? I just need to know what are the abbreviations of every summoner spell so I can employ this strategy when I will start ranked later on. I already know to Ctrl A Ctrl C Ctrl V for that.

    submitted by /u/yicongCOD
    [link] [comments]

    How do I successfully play Sett jg?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    I've been playing Sett jg for a few days, and I'm still getting the hang of him. I don't really know the "proper" jgl route that well yet, either.

    I'm also still getting used to his kit, especially the W shield. Do jungle monsters generally take longer to wind up the shield bar, or is that just me missing something?

    Also, what are some other tips with Sett, like move bind order, suggested items, jg path, ect. Since I usually go Q W E and on top side I start red, then go krugs, raps, (our side) wolves and then scuttle.

    I just need some general help in overall with Sett and all is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Neollia10
    [link] [comments]

    Countering life steal/healing champs. Could use a hand.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    TL;DR-How does one deal with life steal/healing champs?

    So I was thinking today about the champs that always screw me over or just annoy me in general and found the main route of the issue; they all have ridiculous healing/life steal.

    I usually buy the appropriate item or go ignite (sometimes both) to stop this and it never really seems to help very much. As you can see if you look in my post history, main offenders are Aatrox which I'm better with dealing with now, and Olaf, who once again, got better with dealing with thanks to help here.

    But going through the list I have some of them are just crazy to the point where grievous wounds just isn't enough. Examples-Darius, Fiora, Aatrox, swain, Udyr, Tryndamere, Jax,Yi etc. Yes champions like this can be hard CC'd and ponded into the dirt, but it seems whenever I fight them unless game is pushed and ended fast (it's low Elo or normals and it seems half the people can't close a game for whatever reason, enemy and my own, which is usually the reason teams lose honestly) it doesn't matter how bad they where beat up early, they'll hit critical mass and come back anyways and be unkillable through sheer life steal that grievous wounds doesnt seem to touch, god help the team if they have conqueror as well.

    As you probably also noticed, most of these are duelling champs or late game carries and as I stated, it's usually games are not ended when they should have been that causes a problem.

    How do I deal with champs like this?

    I know hard CC is an excellent way of doing it, but a lot of people including myself occasionally miss their skill shot or just don't take the opportunity to CC when they can and then they just tend to kill everything. Ending games early before late after crushing them and hard CC seems main ways but outside of that grievous wounds doesn't seem to do THAT much when there's so much healing available in items/runes.

    submitted by /u/LonelySoul96
    [link] [comments]

    What do I do about ranked playlist - Bronze player matching Gold players every game

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    I started playing this game approximately two months ago and I really enjoy it. However I have a problem that is so frustrating it makes me want to quit: I'm being put into ranked games with Gold players when I'm Bronze.

    This is happening every single game. And what happens is I get one kill if I'm lucky and proceed to drop double digit deaths. It's frustrating for me and it's frustrating for my team mates. I don't want to quit but normal playlist is boring to death and I learn nothing.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/Leninsleftshoe
    [link] [comments]

    is there really a EXP difference between botlane vs Mid/top lane?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    hi! I was arguing with a friend about this. He is unable to explain my why this happen. I think, bot, mid and top have the same amount of minions, and the support just farm a bunch of them but give the experience to the adc aswell (?). But playing as adc, i always look to top or mid and they're always 1 or 2 levels ahead. Can someone finally explain this to me? Why this happen?

    Is this the real problem of the adc's or just that tanks can one shoot you?

    submitted by /u/skzoholic
    [link] [comments]

    How do you play Rengar?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    Watching people play it looks like freelo, but he's definitely more difficult than his face value. It feels like unless your early clear is perfect and you get 5 kills in 7 minutes, you fall flat on your face and instead of being a master hunter, you're a housecat with a toothpick. Ive always wanted to play stabby-kitty, but it's turning out to be difficult. If it helps, I dont play assassins. Most of my champ pool likes extended fights (darius, mundo, jax, swain, etc.)

    submitted by /u/Madrigal_King
    [link] [comments]

    how to deal with getting camped as the win condition

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    i am in gold elo and i have experienced this a lot, i play irelia and like to go for first bloods and it often works, but there are some games where the enemy jungler or mid reacts to this and will try to put me behind. as an example, last game i was irelia vs trynd and i was 3 kills on trynd before he got to level 6, but the enemy galio in mid and skarner did not want me to win lane (bot was losing hard and mid was even) so trynd would engage and press R and galio would come in with skarner for a 3 man gank.

    i took galio out with me but i also died, i tpd back and about a minute later i got turret dived by them again. after this the jungler stopped ganking me but galio didnt, galio ganked my lane 6 times that game.

    Mid (twisted fate) wasnt pinging when galio left and when i spotted him with a ward he would just turret dive me anyway and my mid didnt ult after him. i was the only one winning lane and it felt like i couldnt do anything against them and im not sure what i couldve done since our jungler was massively behind (3/11) i was prepared to try to carry the game but im not sure how i couldve in that scenario even though i know its possible as irelia.

    any tips on how to deal with these sorts of situations would be massively appriciated

    submitted by /u/KillerStrafe
    [link] [comments]

    DOT Buffs

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    Okay so I could swear at one point that there was a patch that made dots (darius twitch etc) not be able to take buffs and it seems that this is no longer the case.

    Does anyone know when this was changed, or if I am insane and this was never in the game to begin with?

    submitted by /u/CallMeKidCapone
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment