• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 27, 2020

    LoL Guide Guys, PLZ stop judging champion strength/ how fed they are of their KDA.

    LoL Guide Guys, PLZ stop judging champion strength/ how fed they are of their KDA.


    Guys, PLZ stop judging champion strength/ how fed they are of their KDA.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:39 AM PST

    This is really simple. There are 2 things that make you be a stronger champion, items and levels. Until you back, you do not get items and therefore you don't get stronger. So when the enemy jg gets a double kill lvl 1 and goes straight to buff, don`t say shit like "we dont win 2v2s, its a 2/0 jg". This applies for every stage of the game, given you also keep in mind general strengths and weaknesses.

    Edit: The jg thing is purely an example, plz dont reply with how early game and clears work in jg.

    submitted by /u/LaDominator
    [link] [comments]

    How exactly does ability haste work

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 04:20 AM PST

    When the preseason started people said that unlike CDR ability haste works linearly. I always thought CDR does to so my whole understanding was shattered.

    I have heard that if you get 100 ability haste it's like having your cooldowns being cut in half. I dont how true that is but if it those work that way I think I can understand it, aka 1 haste =0,5% of your cooldown being cut.

    If any of you have a better understanding on the matter I would appreciate of you would clarify.

    submitted by /u/Emeraldminer82
    [link] [comments]

    Resistances scale health, not the other way around. Early on, if you want to be tanky, build health.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 02:49 PM PST

    Hey there,

    I wanted to give a tip to tank players, concerning resistances (armor and MR) vs health (HP).

    Because of how resistances work, having health will more often than not make you way tankier than building resistances, early on.

    As health increases, each point of armor or MR becomes more valuable. The simple way to remember is that each point of armor or MR increases your effective health by 1% against that type of damage.

    This means 100 armor doubles your health against physical damage, so if you have 2000 health, it takes 4000 physical damage to kill you, assuming the enemy hasn't built any armor pen.

    So how do we get tankier from there? Let's consider two paths, building more armor (but staying at 2000 hp) and building more health, and keeping the 100 armor.

    Let's say we have 1000g to spend. What will make us tankier, given that amount of money?

    • 1000g gives us 50 armor, bringing us to 150 armor, which again increases our effective hp by 150%, this brings us to 4500 hp against phys. We've spent 1000g to gain 500 effective hp... against only physical. True and magic is still gonna hurt us.

    • 1000g gives us 375 health, bringing our health total to 2375, with 100 armor. Our effective HP against physical is 4750. Wild! We got tankier against physical by building... HEALTH? Not to mention, we are also 375hp tankier against magic and true!

    Since the formula for armor and MR is the same (1 point = 1% more eff. health), this applies to MR as well.

    This is why bruisers can often seem tankier than actual tanks. Almost all bruiser items have AD AND health, so bruisers can gain health faster than tanks, who often mistakenly focus resistances. This is also why tank mythics can get away with providing so little armor and MR... it's because you're supposed to build health.

    Some tips for building more HP:

    • Get warmogs as soon as possible, as soon as getting it will put you over the 3000hp threshold for it to work. Since it gives 800, start building it when your other items and base hp put you at 2200. It's a massive survivability boost, and it lets you start intentionally eating skillshots for your carries since poke becomes useless (as long as you disengage once in a while).

    • Titanic hydra is a nutty item, especially for tanks with AD scaling. Fat 500 hp and scaling AD with health, and even more clear speed. Sterak's gage is also solid even on tanks. Generally, don't be scared to build "bruiser" items, so long as they give plenty of hp.

    • Build high health low resistance tank items first, like deadmans, spirit visage, etc. Knight's vow is underrated and under-built, especially as a non-support. I play jungle, and I like building it if someone's fed who I can camp and be near often. Saves their bacon a lot, since they buffed the damage transfer in s11.


    But Gangsir, what about % HP damage?! Won't I get shredded?

    Against %hp you have to consider the amount of %hp we're dealing with. An assassin with eclipse is only gonna do 6% once in a while, which you can pretty much sleep on.

    If it's a mundo hitting you with 30% current hp cleavers, then yeah, you might want to get a bit of MR, but if it's only the mundo... have you considered dodging them? Tanks don't have to eat all the damage being thrown at them, they can move. You still want health to help against everything else, even the mundo's autos.

    Hopefully this helps some tank players struggling to adjust to the new items.

    submitted by /u/Gangsir
    [link] [comments]

    Help me find a main

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 02:51 PM PST

    There was once a megathread on this sub that was helping you find your main so i want to ask for some help in a simmilar way.

    I can play any role except adc. Mages are my worst class but im fine with playing them too. I like playing as a frontline that can live for some time but im also good with assasins. I like champions that have good dueling but can stlii inpact some teamfights. I love to play champions who can with enough skill turn the fight around very much too.

    Champins that i considered maining the most was akali but i realised i was doing good only bcuz she is broken.

    submitted by /u/ToastyOwO
    [link] [comments]

    Please change your rune pages every game. Especially resistance shards!

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 02:35 PM PST

    I've seen too many times players in all ranks not changing their rune pages depending on the matchup; especially the resistance shards and this can be game losing.

    For example, mid laners may usually default take a magic resist shard, but then alt tab in champ select and not see the enemy mid laner lock in Zed. Then what can happen is since they have no additional armour vs a Zed they'll end up dieing very easily to Zed resulting in losing lane and then a lost game.

    This applies to all roles, even in bot lane where they may lock in double AP. One weakness of double AP bot lane is the same damage type (hence easier to itemize against), but if the enemy ADC/SUP don't take magic resist shards, it becomes much easier for them to get killed.

    Another concept is changing the selected runes in general.

    Consider a simple example in top lane, second wind and bone plating. Bone plating is great vs all in champions whereas second wind is excellent vs poke.

    Another example could be conq users in top lane. One could take alaracrity vs other bruisers (for combat power) and take tenacity vs tanks.

    So change your rune pages every game and especially the resistance shards as they're super important.

    submitted by /u/Leo27487
    [link] [comments]

    If you have a katarina on your team or any chamlion that can hop on allies please let them hop on you

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:34 AM PST

    In many many games I play katarina or jax or someone else the team doesn't allow me to jump to them and die cause of it so like if you have (kat/jax/samira/braum/rakan/lee sin) put that in mind you will be a life saver if you let them jump on you

    And if you're playing thresh or morgana remember you can lantern your allies to bring them to safety that will be heroiec aswell as if for morgana use your black shield on allies it blocks cc (crowd control (stuns,roots,silences,etc) it's very very useful and it blocks ap damage aswell it's spoon usefull

    submitted by /u/V_forjustice
    [link] [comments]

    EDG Viper & T1 Teddy Explain How To Play Kai'Sa

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:13 AM PST

    Hi! Video can be found here.

    In this guide, I've compiled tips from two Kai'Sa guides made by one of the best LCK ADC players: Viper and Teddy. So, from this video, you will learn: how to trade in the lane, how to survive all-ins, how to follow your support's plays properly, how to get kills in lane, how to to get 10cs per min, what you're supposed to do in mid-game and how to team fight. You will also get a quick overview of the most popular builds and runes in the current meta.

    Enjoy and have a nice day!

    submitted by /u/LuckyGnom
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have any idea how you would build you would build a Support AP Udyr build?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:48 PM PST

    So my friend and I decided to roll ADC Illaoi and Support Udyr one game as a joke because or entire team was pretty much just acting like jerks and just being incredibly toxic because I was gonna play Rell Support and he was gonna play ADC (we had already picked our champs and as soon as ban phase came 2 of our teammates literally banned Rell and Kayle even tho we already had them selected and that's what lead to Support Udyr and ADC Illaoi but after playing thru the game it actually seemed like it could semi work so that's what I'm asking about now so if anyone has any idea what could work on a Support AP Udyr build please tell me I really wanna try it out.

    submitted by /u/Generic_Ken
    [link] [comments]

    If all lanes are losing it's not always a jungle diff

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:39 PM PST

    Hey guys, I've noticed this to be super annoying as a jungler myself. It's basically where a team has the tendency to blame their jungler when every single lane is losing. Unless your jungler is purposely running it down every single lane, it's most likely that either you are playing champs that are not good in lane and eventually scale (kayle), or it's that the laners are the ones who are being outperformed. I can totally accept the possibility that it could be a "jg diff", however, the games that I see this term being thrown around, it's generally overused and it's the players' mentality to try and throw blame off of themselves to feel better about losing a match when they didn't do so well in lane.

    For example, if blue team's mid laner oversteps and dies to a red team's jungle gank, that isn't necessarily a jungle diff, rather, it's the fact that the blue team's mid laner didn't recognize that it wasn't safe to overstep and didn't know where the red team's jungler was that made them make the error.

    Also note: A jungler cannot physically be in every lane possible at the same time, nor influence all 3 lanes at the same time. As someone who play rek sai jungle, a champ who is meant to heavily influence games earlier during laning phase, there are games where I can barely even affect 1 lane due to having to control my own CS and ganking myself. Sometimes, laners don't open themselves up to ganks in the first place.

    Just in case it's not clear: I'm not making this post in the sense that I'm ranting, rather I want to shed perspective on something that tends to tilt me whenever I queue up as a jungler. If anything, worst case scenario, if it even is a jungle diff, it honestly does not help to blame the jungler for losing the game.

    submitted by /u/OjutaiTechnician
    [link] [comments]

    I'm intrested in getting katarina, but I don't understand what stops opponents from just walking away from the knives.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 08:45 AM PST

    I find her kit rather intresting and I'm thinking of grabbing her, but my main problem is that I don't understand how katarina is supposed to work in practice.

    In theory I get it, toss knife, teleport to knife to do damage to enemy, drop knife above you, grab it and do more damage (Or just use it to escape). I've watched videos that demonstrated all the neat combos and stuff and I understand how she works in theory.

    But in practice however, what stops enemies from just, like.. walking away from the knifes?

    The fact that I rarely face her doesn't help, but every single time I do face her in mid and she tosses a knife, I just... walk away from it and she can't do shit. You always know where her knife is gonna land, and knives take forever to hit the ground anyway so its not like the opponent won't have time to walk away.

    How does katarina work against opponents who know what they're doing?

    submitted by /u/Dazzling_Accident_14
    [link] [comments]

    How does flex mmr work?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:20 PM PST

    Recently i've been queueing alot of flex with my friends and weve been win streaking quite hard, but it seems that out of the 5 of us, I seem to win the least lp and lose the most. Winning from 10-15 lp rarely 16-18 and losing 19+ lp. And through those streaks i've had a consistently high kda.
    Does anybody know why this is happening to me and if the flex mmr has to do anything with this or my solo duo mmr?Here my opgg https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=ainamasterThank you guys.

    submitted by /u/ainamaster
    [link] [comments]

    Talon Combo Guide [Educational]

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 10:40 AM PST

    Hello Summoners,

    today I want to show you six combos for Talon, in my opinion, combos are very important to get better with a champion.

    The combos are separated into 4 classes, from easy to intense, so there is a combo for everyone, who want to get better with Talon.

    To the Guide: https://youtu.be/cy7IablOE14

    submitted by /u/IloveBass98
    [link] [comments]

    Mini Season 11 Nautilus Guide

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 10:28 AM PST

    Hi r/summonerschool,

    Had some extra time over the holidays to make a Nautilus support guide for Season 11. It primarily focuses on item choices, runes, and skill upgrades. It's a nice quick refresher for those heading into the new season!

    Video Guide: https://youtu.be/oYK2ggZlNSY

    A quick summary if you don't have time to watch the 6-min video guide is: Build Locket of the Iron Solari as your Mythic item, then your key items you want to consider buying are: Zeke's Convergence, Thornmail, or Abyssal Mask. All 3 of these Legendary items have passives that can be easily proc'd through immobilization, which is Nautilus' key strength. Along with the Aftershock Keystone, you can play pretty aggressively while still tanking the insane damage found in Season 11.

    Overall, Nautilus is one of the easier tanky supports in the game, with a very straightforward point-and-click ultimate that is virtually un-missable. If any of you have any further questions or comments, please let me know! I'm always open to feedback from other Nautilus or support mains to see how I can improve upon my builds.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/ADD_ikt
    [link] [comments]

    Top lane level advantage early game help

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 05:59 AM PST

    So I was wondering today. I do not normally play top and I am trying it out a bit more recently and I was wondering what is a sure way you could get a level up or a big exp gap on your laner? Would (with permission) taking gromp early be good for this? Its a genuine question where as I know it may sound stupid but I was curious.

    submitted by /u/Chulumpus
    [link] [comments]

    Improving from bots to pvp?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:24 PM PST

    Hi all,

    Title pretty much says it all: how can I improve once I stop playing bots to not get constantly killed in pvp? As a new player, I play the usual champions people who begin this game use, and am mostly ADC, but trying to jungle a bit once in a while.

    I've read previous posts and answers saying to just mute everyone and ignore people, but on the other hand I've read stuff from people saying they met really nice players helping them during games, so not sure what to do regarding chat.

    Also, would Aram actually be useful? Or should I ignore that if I want to play normal games? And finally, if I want to focus on a certain goal to improve (warding, farming, or anything else), should I be doing that in pvp or bots?

    submitted by /u/mariejusdefruits
    [link] [comments]

    Enemy support was never in lane team said I shouldve hard pushed but I didnt.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 09:00 AM PST

    I just played a game as kaisa with brand support vs a jhin and ivern. The ivern was perma roaming and never in lane. I decided to not push and try freezing as much as possible so I could completely zone the jhin off any cs. The ivern was making plays around the map the entire team and my mid and jungle got really tilted that I didnt push the waves while Ivern was gone. I ended up getting 3 plates and first turret and having a 80 cs lead on jhin at the 20 minute mark. We lost the game because ivern had such a big impact the enemy mid was so fed my cs lead didnt matter, now im doubting my decision to not push the lane out. Should you hard shove the waves if youre playing 2v1 in botlane ?

    submitted by /u/Luminatedd
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of advice or a guide would you give to a new Yasuo player?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:59 PM PST

    Hello, I have been thinking of getting better at Yasuo. I barely know anything about the champion ,let alone any complex stuff, so a good introduction to the champion would come in handy. What kind of advice or a guide would you recommend for a Yasuo beginner? Thank you very much in advance.

    submitted by /u/gurudanielius
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of League of Legends is giving me a mental strain

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:43 PM PST

    Hello! I am a Diamond 3 Evelynn OTP from SEA server and I:m at the point where thinking of League of Legends is giving me a mental strain. I can't count how many guides I've watched, and climbed silver to diamond in just a few months, now it's giving me a mental strain everyday whenever I think of Jungle.

    submitted by /u/NU81T0
    [link] [comments]

    Is onetricking good and is it way to reach high ranks?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:33 PM PST

    Hello! Today I've been hyped by KatEvolved shots on YT and I decided to play Katarina only, because she: 1. Has big damage. 2. Can be build AP, AD or Hybrid 3. He has blink/dash 4. Grevious Wounds in kit (R) 5. Cooldown resets on passive. My problem is a knowledge that If enemy take her or ban her, I won't have champions to play if I start being OTP. And my second question is it a way to reach higher rank than with playing 5 or more champs?

    submitted by /u/Aurus666
    [link] [comments]

    Split pushing

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 09:27 AM PST

    What's you're guy's rule of thumb when split pushing. I understand to split push whenever there's pressure on dragon or baron or to split push when you see an opportunity to grab a tower but i always find split pushing, dying, then getting slammed with ? pings and then losing to game. I'm just wondering what a good rule to follow would be so I don't do this anymore.

    submitted by /u/AmDemonDuh
    [link] [comments]

    How can I get out of silver?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:17 PM PST

    Hi,

    I have played this game for like 4 months now, ranked for about 2 or 3 months and I am still stuck in silver 2 or 3. I have about 400 games behind in ranked and I can't get out of silver trying my best to win and I am constantly losing and winning without climbing upwards in ranks, sometimes I have great winning streaks and then next day I am losing all the games. Somehow always someone in enemy team is fed and he just carries the game. I am trying my best to gank, sidelane as a mid/jungler, but still we are going to lose. My own teammates and sometimes I go for stupid fights we can't win and just throw the lead there, I am trying my best to avoid going for unwinnable fights (for example 2v5 or smthng like that) but that doesn't change the point that my teammates aren't thinking the same even if I try tell them to fall back.

    If someone could help me out it would be awesome..

    I have watched a lots of tutorials, tips and tricks and trying my best to farm, pressure lanes but still .. I keep losing.

    And I play mid as brand or annie, I also can play talon but I feel like it would be more effective for team to play as mage. Mostly brand. In jungle I am playing kayn almost everytime, but now I am maybe going to learn olaf or something like that.

    submitted by /u/akotkx
    [link] [comments]

    Not a LoL Player could need some help

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 06:11 AM PST

    Hey i browsed through this subreddit as i googled for some help to improve for competive gaming.

    and was impressed on the amount on information i found here..i play WoW and stuff like this is imho completly lacking there, thats why i ask here and hope you can help me to improve with some general gaming skills.

    I played alot of wow/videogames when i was in my teens/early twenties and then dropped it a bit because of work. now with 32 i have again alot more time and started playing Wow again but to be honest i suck - i really try to improve but i struggle also hard.

    i recognized i sometimes completly miss important stuff / missing awareness - means i focus to much on one point on my monitor and tunnel.

    What can i do to get rid of this?

    Then i also sometimes get completly stressed out/nervous -> ends up in fucking up or even do misspresses

    I sometimes only use my middlefinger for pressing keys..that makes me probably also very slow and favours misspresssing buttons.

    what about ergonomics..do you have some tips on mpnitordistance, tableheight etc? (i have a 27" Monitor 1440p)

    I also had a accident last Year and fucked up my right hand. It's ok now..but i often have pain in my forearmsa when sitting long on the computer (both, but right is more intense) it's musuclar..the forearms get just tight/very sensitive to pressure from lying on the desk. Do you have any expirience with that?

    Thanks from a fellow gamer!

    submitted by /u/Halfdan_88
    [link] [comments]

    League meta guide on how to act outside and inside of the game to maximize learning

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 02:18 PM PST

    Hello I'm posting a guide I have recently made that touches topics I feel people don't talk about very often. I tried to talk about the meta game and how to organize your thoughts to increase your learning speed and efficiency.

    I have been playing for over 10 years and this season I have reached challenger on 3 different servers: EUW, EUNE and NA on 150ping.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRBj2RY_YOw

    submitted by /u/Azzapp
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment