• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 14, 2019

    LoL Guide Champion Pool Megathread: November

    LoL Guide Champion Pool Megathread: November


    Champion Pool Megathread: November

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 05:57 AM PDT

    If you need help with your champion pool, feel free to comment in this thread. Be sure to help out others by answering questions as well!


    There have always been lots of posts on /r/summonerschool asking for help with champion pools. Many of these posts amount to nothing more than "What champion will carry me?" while others are more detailed, such as "I am good at __this__, what should I play if I want to do __that__?"

    Ultimately, the only champion that can carry you is the one you are good at, and you get good by practicing. But some people have more success with some play styles than others. If you can't figure out your strengths and weaknesses, look no farther!

    If you have any questions about rounding out your champion pool or identifying your strengths and weaknesses, post a question! Feel free to include your summoner profile if you wish. Remember that the more detailed questions will get more fulfilling answers.


    Here are some guidelines for posting in this thread. You don't have to answer these questions, these are just for you to think about. Instead of just saying what champions you play, consider telling us:

    1. What are you looking for help with?

    2. Who do you currently play?

    3. Why do you play them?

    4. How do you play them? What is your playstyle? What role do they fulfill?

    5. What are you good at? What do you want to be good at?


    Also be sure to check out websites like www.u.gg and www.op.gg to add some statistical basis to your judgements.

    Have you thought deeply about your champion pool? Still can't figure it out? Great! We are here to help. Comment below and let us know what you're thinking.

    submitted by /u/Caedei
    [link] [comments]

    Neat Qiyana-Anivia combo

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 02:30 AM PST

    Hi fellow Summoners!

    We all know that Qiyana ult detonates around wall segments, but what was new information for me, is that Anivias wall can actually connect terrain pieces (if it touches both), which can lead to very surprising Qiyana ults.

    We pulled it off in their base, where Qiyana ulted a sidewall around the enemy top inhibitor, and Anivias lvl 5 wall actually connected the sidewall and their Nexus, and Qiyana r damaged everything around their Nexus.

    Its a cool combo, for Nexus-Sidewall connection a lvl 5 wall is necessary, but for smaller jungle corridors a lvl 2 wall is usually enough.

    I cant even imagine Qiyana with Taliyah for a juicy crossmap surprise combo.

    submitted by /u/Driffa
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Malzhar R

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 09:10 AM PST

    I really enjoy playing Malzhar, but it really tilts me when my team treats Malzhar R as a normal root. Many times when i roam, and say my laner starts fighting which they are losing, i flash R the enemy, expecto my teammate to kill the enemy, but my teammate just runs away.

    I am low elo so most ppl don't build qss, but the amount of times my team has just ran when i r someone is so large i don't know what to do. Some time i don't have time to e w r, so i flash r thinking my team will fight, but they don't and i die as a result.

    One game, me and enemy Nasus had to stand awkwardly since he didn't have flash and was 10hp, because my teammate Riven(who ran away as soon as i r) who was 70%hp refused to come finish the Nasus but wanted the kill.

    How do make sure my team will follow my r, since using r means suppressing myself as well and no follow up may result in me dying

    submitted by /u/rqj0
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for Mastering every Champion

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 09:07 AM PST

    Hey guys :)

    A friend and I worked something out to help you with getting better at your favorite champs, we have prepared some useful tips to master a champion as efficient as possible! We have created an Infographic and a video for you, but also made a Google Docs table for you to track your performance. We hope you like it!

    Video: https://youtu.be/XPi4qAoL7_Q
    Infographic: https://imgur.com/J3yQBEv
    Google Docs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/117Q1yZt7SKE_FN-9fyobidcI8LS5G-OlV7wsNNX29fA/edit?usp=sharing

    5 Tips for Mastering every Champion:

    1. Study Matchups
    - When playing a champion, you do not only focus on your own mechanics, but also should keep those of your opponent in mind. Getting experience in many matchups (Lee Sin vs. Ekko, Lee Sin vs. Karthus...) is crucial to outplay your enemy.
    - You do not have to play them yourself, but can look up these matchups on YouTube and make notes on how you need to play against certain champions to win your lane/game.

    2. Learn your mechanics
    - Even if you know most things about your champ, there might still be something to learn about the mechanics, so check out video guides.
    - Use the practice tool regularly to practice these mechanics over and over again, until they're deeply rooted in your muscle memory. That way, you won't have to concentrate too hard on doing them correctly in the game and can focus on other things

    3. Understand your win condition
    - Some champions need to earn gold and get items to deal as much damage as possible while others rely on protecting the carry and establishing vision around the map. Mastering your champion also means knowing how you are supposed to win games with your champion. By the way, think about your win condition before the game starts, not after losing it.

    4. Learn from better players
    - This is very important when trying to improve in general. Watching better players play your champion can help you to see the possibilites of your champion and make you understand what you can do in the mid- and lategame.

    5. Track your performance
    - Tracking your performance is very important for mastering your matchups. We created a uncomplicated google document for you that you can simply download and start filling in your own notes and data for your main champions and their matchups. We provided an example aswell, to give you an idea what kind of notes you can take. Checking it in champ select or in loading screen could save your game!

    submitted by /u/LilSluggerZ
    [link] [comments]

    How much average Kleptomancy gold makes the rune viable?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 08:55 PM PST

    So with the whole "hit an enemy 2 times for an extra passive stack" and the pretty fast usage of Q+AA on Senna i started to use Klepto but idk if its good enough to use over PtA or Aery. How much gold should Klepto give me to be worth it in the average 25 minute game?

    submitted by /u/A_Erthur
    [link] [comments]

    I have trouble understanding win conditions

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 02:15 AM PST

    I've been playing this game for 3 years and I still can't get the hang of figuring out what my best win conditions are in games. Like I know what different win conditions there are, and I know what each champion is best at, I just don't know how to use that information to get a clear win condition for my team.

    For example, If I'm playing Syndra mid, and I have an illaoi top and a Vayne ADC with a sejuani jungle - we'd do well in 5v5s, we'd do well in poking and taking towers, we could have our illaoi splitpush or we could just let our vayne farm and stall out the game. I understand these win conditions, but how do I pick which one is best for the game I'm in?

    And how do I, as a Mid lane mage main, ensure the win condition is successful? In Solo Queue it feels like no one listens so I just focus on trying to snowball myself.

    submitted by /u/ProfessorQiyana
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to improve at LoL while NOT PLAYING LoL?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 08:50 AM PST

    I play a few nights a week with my friends, but can't fit very many games in apart from those, so I'm nowhere near as good as the people I play with. I just want to get to the point where they don't feel like I am sandbagging them. Does anyone have anything they do outside of the game to make them a better player? I'd love to use some idle time at work, time spent in traffic (safely, lol), or even things I can learn from other games I play to make small improvements. Get creative! I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/hooontaaah
    [link] [comments]

    What to do with Bounties?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 03:02 PM PST

    So I get super fed by the time it becomes mid-late game. I'm like 5/0 and I got a decent 500g bounty on me. However, my champion falls off hard late game. Should I walk to the enemy support let the support touch me, then I run it down a tower if the enemy team isn't in a position to counter attack. It doesn't have to be a support it could be a 0/10 non scaling champion like talon or Ivern.

    I know that I fall off late game and I am bound to die sooner or later. So wouldn't it be smarter to die to the weakest person on their team instead of letting the 2/1 riven to pick up my bounty?

    submitted by /u/nohachoi
    [link] [comments]

    Shared CS?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 07:01 AM PST

    Sometimes when im playing adc my support will last hit a minion and i will get the gold + cs as if I killed it. Does anyone know why this happens? Is there some kind of shared cs system? Where even though I dont last hit it I still get the little gold notification and it adds to my cs count? very confused.

    submitted by /u/Velocity04Jz
    [link] [comments]

    Which support should I pick? Nami, thresh or sona?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 09:03 AM PST

    So I literally just started playing league like 5 days ago and ever since I've kind of been obsessed with this game. The thing is it's seems so overwhelmingly complicated.

    Anyhow I have a couple of questions, the first being which support should I use for a total beginner like me, Nami, thresh or Sona? I'm super conflicted over this. Thresh seems like a badass, but Nami is an all rounder and Sona....idk about Sona.

    I chose Morgana over brand and Ziggs last night as well and idk if that was a good choice. I also have lux as well for support.

    Edit: Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated! I went with Nami because you all seem to generally find decent. I might regret not picking up thresh but I'll get him eventually if I like support.

    Thanks guys

    submitted by /u/Akadianpigeon
    [link] [comments]

    Finger pain while playing. Need advice

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 10:45 AM PST

    So my middle finger on my right hand (my right-clicking finger) begins to hurt after 2 games now. This wasn't the case a year ago when I could spam 5 games a day and my hand would be fine. I think its time for me to call it quits for a while now (few weeks tops) and just casually play to retain muscle memory.

    I'm wondering if anyone else that has dealt with this have suggestions on finger-specific exercises for stretching or any other advice. Anything will be much appreciated

    submitted by /u/TraZixTV
    [link] [comments]

    How to Hecarim

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 09:00 AM PST

    I main Hecarim jungle and I find that I have a hard time matching the enemy jungle past laning phase. Often I will get an early lead from either ganks or counterjungling , but then come midgame the enemy jungle always seems to somehow outfarm me and ends up getting ahead and dominates midgame objectives like dragons and baron. I find that I tend to farm a lot less in midgame and focus more on vision and objective control. Should I prioritize farming?

    submitted by /u/jumbomuffin66789
    [link] [comments]

    Midlane assassin constant reminders and prompts help

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 09:59 AM PST

    What are the few things we have to remember/things to look out for while being a midlane assassin? And what are the timing eg. When do you check mini map, when do you engage for a trade, when do you play back, when do you follow your opponent. It'll be great to list down what prompts you to do such a habit like for example :

    I'll look at my jg when they're doing scuttle to look for advantage in 2v2

    Whenever there's no minion to last hit I'll look around the map

    Whenever I want to engage I'll ask myself "where's their jungler?"

    What are your habits that you do? Or tips to improve as a midlane assassin I'm G3

    submitted by /u/Pwnage_Larry
    [link] [comments]

    Does Adaptive Helm's passive stack?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 09:48 AM PST

    Taking magic damage from a spell or effect reduces all subsequent magic damage taken from that spell or effect by 20% for 4 seconds. Multiple sources of magic damage can have this effect active at any one time and the duration is tracked separately per source.

    Say you have AH against Kennen ultimate which deals 100 magic damage every half second. The first tick of unmitigated damage would be 100, then 80 (20% less), then would the next tick be 80 or 64 (20% less)?

    submitted by /u/john58129343
    [link] [comments]

    How do you know what you should be doing with minion waves at any given time?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 07:53 AM PST

    I've seen a lot of guides where it goes over freezing and pushing/slow pushing but doesn't really elaborate on when exactly you'd want to use what. Apparently some mid matchups you want to straight up push at the start and others you don't but I can't figure what about a matchup tells you what to do. Also I'm still kinda confused about how exactly slow pushing is executed vs normal shoving.

    submitted by /u/finbat15
    [link] [comments]

    How to track enemy jg with little vision

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 05:22 AM PST

    I am a very aggressive mid laner in gold III. I usually win 1v1's in lane, but my aggressive playing style is susceptible to ganks. the problem I'm running in to now, is I can't ward enough by myself to protect myself from ganks. I've tried everything from deep wards in the enemy jg, to warding just the entrances to the jg, to warding the river, but there are always more jg paths than I can ward by myself with my trinket and a control ward. Even if I do catch the enemy jg on a control ward, they just kill it and come back later.

    How do I

    a. get my jg to help me ward/track the enemy jg

    b. use my wards more efficiently so I don't run out and have no vision for a few minutes.

    thanks

    submitted by /u/mhlaird
    [link] [comments]

    How do I deal with Tristana?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 07:34 AM PST

    For reference I am a Gold 2 ADC main. This may seem like a dumb question, but I'm 100% serious. It seems like there's no way around that champion. No matter how hard she gets set back in lane, she always somehow finds a way to jump on me, slow my, and just burst me down before I can even react. Whether it's bot lane or mid lane, she could start the game 1-6 and she'll still just jump on me and burst me down. I normally just ban her every game as no other ADC really gives me that much trouble, but no matter who I play, and no matter what role she's in, the enemy Tristana always finds a way to win. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

    Edit: Some of the comments are talking about laning. This post actually doesn't concern laning too much. Besides my champion pool consists mostly of strong laners so laning isn't too much of an issue for me, it's the late game that I struggle with.

    submitted by /u/PinkZeusLoL
    [link] [comments]

    Playing without locked camera

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 05:13 AM PST

    I'm not sure why, but I have the hardest time trying to play without having my camera locked. I am just wondering if anyone has any tips on trying to improve on this. I know practice makes perfect, but I don't want to ruin someone else's game if I'm struggling while trying to play without it locked.

    submitted by /u/DeliriousLizard
    [link] [comments]

    Karma tips?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 06:10 AM PST

    Just started playing Karma support in normals in between the ranked season. Just played a few games but am having a ton of fun with her.

    I'm doing a kind of unusual build that I found online which is bootless tank support karma, it works really well with my playstyle (which is to say I generally get caught more than I should so the tankiness helps protect me).

    She is really fun to play. I think she has the best ability to bait of any champion in the game (perhaps equal to Teemo + Shaco as the top 3). That is also one of her downsides.. it seems she isn't as good in standard front-to-back teamfights, you really do need to bait into the successful turn and get a 5v4 advantage that way. If the enemies just play it safe I'm not sure how strong she is.

    Main disadvantages to seem to be:

    • Perhaps doesn't scale to late
    • She seems more dependant on others than any other support. Like, even a 4 slot AP support sona with ignite can 100-0 the enemy adc with ult. It seems like the best karma can do is kite and run away without doing much damage 1v1 mid game (I know this is made up by her amazing abilities to boost the rest of her team, but something to mention)

    If anyone has any Karma tips for a low gold support, would love to hear them.

    submitted by /u/ptunic
    [link] [comments]

    [TIP] Play ranked, not normal games

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 02:51 PM PST

    Right now I am a G1 tryharding to reach P4, so in theory it is around top 20% of players, but I really need to focus and improvise to progress over because in ranked queue you play against people's main champions while in normal games people just learn things.

    Tricks that works in normal queue do not work in ranked matches, this forces you to learn new stuff and improvise; I myself learnt to win against picks I struggled with as Renekton (ie. vs Rumble / Ornn) because I improved myself a lot during very short time.

    Don't worry if you play in division that is considered bad, it is still a better way to improve yourself since you play vs people at similar level to MMR that you have at the moment.

    There are a lot of things in my mind that I never had to pull out in normal games that I will need to enforce in Season 10 since I expect from myself to reach the Diamond, not just the Platinum.

    All you need to improve is to play against stronger opponents, long term punishment for mistakes, and sweet candies at the end of the rainbow for your commitment for doing your best.

    Peace out!

    submitted by /u/Hell4Ge
    [link] [comments]

    Spear of Shojin on "shapeshifters" on Summoners Rift

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 10:02 AM PST

    I have been trying some new champs lately and while playing Quinn I built a Shojin and became a monster on the game and since Shojin is beeing removed i would like to see your opinion on why it isn't a frequent build on champions like Quinn , Jayce , Nidalee and others who spam the ultimate

    submitted by /u/kalashnikovdaddy
    [link] [comments]

    How does a tank support play into an enemy poke support and ADC?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 01:44 PM PST

    I'm a Leona one trick, and I'm trying to learn my worse matchups. If I go up against say, an Ezreal/Caitlyn and a Brand/Velkoz/Janna or any other support with the capacity to seriously poke me down and keep their distance, not allowing me to engage, how do I play the lane? Do I just play extremely safe, sticking back, and letting a bunch of targon stacks pass me by, and wait for mid-game or a gank or a roam opportunity? I've been losing to this kind of enemy lane a lot, and winning against other hook champs and the like.

    I know some may say "just go in when they get too close" but they poke me down to the point that going in isn't safe (which is the point I suppose). What's the right way to play?

    submitted by /u/CheckmateVideos
    [link] [comments]

    How complex can the fundamentals in this game get?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 01:39 PM PST

    Ok so a lot of high elo players say that low elos don't "understand" the game; silver/golds might understand the fundamentals, but they don't fully "master" them like a Dia player. Oftentimes you'll also see someone asking what the difference is between X and X elo, and the person answering will throw up a bunch of lists, like better cs/matchup/map awareness etc. But what does it mean to fully master the fundamentals compared to simply "knowing them"? Do low elo players perform poorer because they lack more theory/textbook knowledge and that they don't realize how complex the fundamentals are, or are the fundamentals actually easy to understand/grasp, but difficult to execute for low-elo players because they lack game experience in a situation that requires it? Could a high-elo player give an in-game example/situation of how complicated one of the fundamentals can get?

    Example: To me, wave control (push,pull,freeze) seems very simple to execute and the concept isn't difficult to understand; watching Solorenekton's videos on wave control/manipulation seems good enough and I haven't seen many other guides that seem to add another layer of complexity to this concept much further. So I would say that you only need to invest a small amount of time and energy to learn how to control waves. Is it possible though, that there is a lot more hidden knowledge on wave control that gives diamonds such a big advantage over silvers? Are diamond players successful because their understanding of wave control is more complex,deeper, or sophisticated on a textbook/theory level? Or is their understanding of wave control as relatively "shallow/superficial" compared to that of a silver/gold player, where the only difference that sets him apart is that the diamond player manipulates waves based on his experience of playing 1000s of games and situations.

    For those who have climbed much higher than before, how would you visually depict the difference in the amount and complexity of the fundamentals that you've gained over time? How much of the learning process is dependent on complicating your knowledge, and how much of it is dependent on experience?

    submitted by /u/puppybaby101
    [link] [comments]

    I can't "feel" the right lane to gank

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 01:20 PM PST

    Hello.
    I am playing jungle, a lot of jungle with Udyr.

    I am having a huge problem, considering everything I do is a fail lol.
    The fact is, when I have to chose where to go, top mid or bot, to gank, no matter who I gank or how it goes, the other ones fail or go even. Then I still go and help them. The one I helped in first place still fail in the 1v1 no matter how more gold/xp he got from the gank/respawn time etc.

    This scenario is happening a lot, I already tried to gank more, to never gank, gank sometimes, the result is always the same. How can I feel which player could be a great investment in term of time to gank and providing vision?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/RNG_REDDITOR
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment