• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 15, 2020

    League of Legends Thank You, Sneaky

    League of Legends Thank You, Sneaky


    Thank You, Sneaky

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 03:01 PM PST

    Skins & Events in Season 2020 | Dev Video - League of Legends

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 10:30 AM PST

    3 God kings = 1 Golden boy

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 05:02 PM PST

    Annoying Champion Survey Results

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 07:51 AM PST

    Thank you to all who took the survey, it was taken over 10,000 times. For those of you who don't know, it was a survey asking which champion is the most annoying to play against for each role.

    Here is the complete spreadsheet with the results:

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cbA6M1MliInOhl05kPItfthDJ26QT2we67iRCX7Q7LE/edit?usp=sharing

    Top 5 top lane: Teemo (10.5%), Akali (9.5%), Tryndamere (9.2%), Darius (7.9%), Illaoi (7.5%) The Illaoi surprised me but everything else was what I expected

    Top 5 Jungle: Shaco (23.3%), Yi (11.9$), Lee Sin (10.2%), Ekko (6.5%), Evelynn (6.4%) I hate Shaco too

    Top 5 Mid: Yasuo (18.6%), Akali (12.9%), Fizz (11.2%), Zoe (10.0%), Zed (4.5%) Who would have known Yasuo would be #1

    Top 5 ADC: Aphelios (40.0% < WOW), Caitlyn (15.0%), Draven (7.7%), Yasuo (6.1%), Ezreal (4.2%) Wow I had no idea so many hate Aphelios

    Top 5 Support: Pyke (11.7%), Naut (9.9%), Blitz (8.0%), Morgana (7.8%), Brand (7.1%)

    The least voted champion was MaoKai at only 4 votes

    The most voted champion (1 role) was Aphelios at 3904 votes... Good job riot, nice champ design

    If you want me to do more surveys, pm me what survey you want me to do next

    submitted by /u/PapaDrag0on
    [link] [comments]

    The Rule of Three and the undeniable link between Swain and Fiddlesticks

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:36 AM PST

    Hello there

    Recently Riot has been dropping strong hints that Swain and his demon and Fiddlesticks are connected, and I wanted to cement that idea as well as add my own observations in and those of u/Legadith (we both spoke about and uncovered this together).

    First of all, as has already been pointed out by other people, they share many aesthetic similarities. A distinctive red and black color palette, a red circle in their ult, the use of birds. The connections, on a surface level, are all there. But it runs deeper than that.

    According to Swain's lore, he spent a long time looking for some evil entity, within the Immortal Bastion, the capital of Noxus, and saw a way to wield its power. He clearly made a pact of some kind with a demon, but unlike the end of most demonic pacts (see Tahm Kench's lore) Swain actually came out on top, and conquered the demon (this is supported by his quote "never make a bargain with a demon, that you intend to keep.") How exactly he did this is by far the biggest missing piece of his lore. Well, whilst the exact method is still a mystery, Fiddles right arm is far more mechanical, and does not seem to fit in with the rest of his body. It drags in his walk animation. Just a detail to make him look more spooky? Maybe. But what arm is Swain's demon arm? His right. It's entirely possible that Swain's demonic arm, is in fact Fiddle's arm, that he stole from him.

    Just a coincidence? We can go further. Fiddle is, according to /dev, actually contained in the cage on Fiddle's chest. Look in his chest, in the first drawing for Fiddle in that article. Contained within are three red eyes with black pupils. Now look at Swain's splash art. The bird perched upon his shoulder, the one we can see the clearest, has three red eyes with black pupils. The bits on the back of Swain's cape also look similar to Fiddle, but that is a more tenuous link.

    Aesthetics aside, in the /dev article, it refers to Fiddle consistently as an "ancient evil" who has "preyed on mankind for centuries". Clearly Fiddle has been harvesting people for centuries, and Swain's lore refers to his demon as "ancient." On its own, this means nothing. All demons are ancient. But the bird motif is surely too strong of a coincidence to ignore. Though Swain's lore usually refers to these birds as ravens, and Swain calls them ravens in game, it does refer to "the clouds of carrion crows" and the "darkness in the wake of every battle" as well as how it preys on the dying to steal their secrets. Fiddle was clearly stalking Swain's invasion of Ionia, harvesting the souls of those slain on the battlefield and stealing their secrets. It tried to harvest Swain himself, and failed, causing Swain to pursue it. He saw it into the mind of this creature. Sure the Ravens - Crows difference is a bit strange, they are similar but different birds after all. But this could be seen as a metaphor. Ravens are larger, smarter, birds than crows. Swain conquered Fiddle and stole his power. Swain is the larger, smarter being of the two, and therefore wields the larger, smarter bird. Fiddle previously used ravens and crows, traditionally symbols of death and misfortune. But his use of crows now symbolizes his weakened state.

    Straying away from this particular link for a moment, and looking at the use of the number three. Fiddle has three arms (you can see the third in his running animation). Fiddle has three keys around his neck. Fiddle has three eyes. Swain's bird has three eyes. Noxus is ruled by the Trifarix, the three equals. The three motif appears a lot. Just another hint at their link? Or something more? I'm tempted to expand this into the Three Sisters from elsewhere in the lore, but I cannot see a possible connection.

    Finally, how did Fiddle end up in a cage? It's easy to say Swain trapped him there to wield his power. I think differently. Fiddle has keys around his neck. Zoe has a key in her splash art. It was confirmed by Riot that Zoe stole this key, from Fiddlesticks (who lost the key from his splash art). Now, that is old Fiddle. But Zoe is still up to date, and still has this key. I find it more likely Fiddle was collecting secrets from the dying, searching for the keys that will open his cage. He has three. Zoe has the last. It's likely that a previous Aspect of Twilight trapped him there to contain him. It's very consistent with the Aspect's actions (see the Darkin lore) to do this.

    TLDR: I think Swain stole Fiddlesticks' right arm, finding him trapped in a cage put there by Zoe. Now he's fashioned a crude body to try and escape.

    What does everyone think? I personally think the coincidences are too strong and numerous to discard. I'd be interested in hearing further/ alternative theories though!

    EDIT: Many people have pointed out I got left and right confused in regards to Swain's arm, this is completely correct, Swain's demonic arm is his left not his right, I got confused due to him facing towards us in the splash. So I don't think Swain physically took the arm from the demon. I think he tricked the demon out of its power with a pact and used the power to restore an arm (which is why Swain's red arm looks sort of like Fiddle's, with its pointed fingers and all). Still worth noting that Fiddle does have a screwed up, glitchy arm, perhaps representing the power Swain stole from him, but not being literally a stolen arm. Rest of the theory stands, and I don't think my mistake punches a meaningful hole in the overall idea.

    EDIT EDIT: Perhaps I was right, despite mixing up my directions! For those interested, try watching Necrit's new video on the subject- https://youtu.be/soPG-8qiqgs?t=718

    submitted by /u/IAmMyOwnLaw
    [link] [comments]

    i painted the new fiddle, hope you like it.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 02:11 PM PST

    i painted the new fiddle, hope you like it.

    spooky scary skeletons.wav fades in

    something i sketched today for my dailies, hope you like it.
    full res on deviantart :
    https://www.deviantart.com/thefearmaster/art/Fiddlesticks-sketch-827092166

    submitted by /u/MohamedSaad
    [link] [comments]

    Lux, Syndra and Sett will be disabled for Week 1 of LEC

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 06:06 AM PST

    Source: https://twitter.com/RiotMAXtheX/status/1217431272747913219

    Lux and Syndra will be disabled for #LEC Week 1 and until further notice as they are currently suffering from potentially game-altering bugs for competitive play.

    Sett will also be disabled for Week 1 to ensure all #LEC teams have proper time to practice with & against him.

    LCS and other Regions will probably have them disabled as well.

    submitted by /u/MentionMyName4Karma
    [link] [comments]

    Prestige in the first half of 2020

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 10:08 AM PST

    The new best ult combo in League

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 11:29 PM PST

    Today at 8pm CET, the Schalke 04 Esports LEC Team will stream 1v1s against Viewers in a Charity Stream to help WWF Australia

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 07:02 AM PST

    Hello everyone!

    In order to help the endangered animals of Australia, affected by the wildfires, we as Schalke 04 Esports have decided to hold a charity stream at 8pm CET today in order to raise money for WWF Australia.

    You can find the donation page here:

    https://donate.tiltify.com/@dariusexmachina/schalke-04-esports-for-wwf-australia

    We will also give away prizes from our sponsors once certain donation milestones are hit, such as Corsair products, Braineffect Kickbars, and Schalke 04 Esports hoodies & jerseys signed by the team.

    People will be able to play 1v1s against our pros by either donating a set amount, or they will be choosen at random from chat. If you ever wanted to 1v1 FORG1VEN, now's your best chance!

    The event will be streamed on https://twitch.tv/s04esports .

    Having lived in Australia for three years, I hold this country very dearly. So I hope that we can raise a lot of money and help the animals of Australia!

    If you have any more questions, let me know.

    Darius

    submitted by /u/TheDMWarrior
    [link] [comments]

    Hi there! I'm the World's First Mastery 7 Sett! AMA!!

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:22 AM PST

    After 38 games, 22 straight hours of games and a 58% winrate i manage to get the world's first mastery 7 on Sett just now! I have been awake for over 30 hours and am going to bed and will respond to EVERY question as soon as i wake up!

    Edit: answered as many questions as i could now i must sleep and get to the rest when i wake up :D

    https://imgur.com/gallery/mpzsb0l

    Edit: for anyone interested i do stream fulltime over on twitch if you'd like to check it out i have done Neeko, Senna, Aphelios and now Sett world first mastery races and stream them all live! https://www.twitch.tv/floodz

    submitted by /u/Phloods
    [link] [comments]

    "Wait I have to distract this guy until my cooldowns are back up"

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:33 PM PST

    For those of you wondering the connection between Swain and Fiddlesticks; they were college roommates. [comic]

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 02:45 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/LPfzYgZ.jpg

    With all this speculation about how Swain and Fid are related, I figured I'd doodle the answer to rest everyone's concerns. I am a Fiddle player after all, so I know these things.

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/Z0MBGiEF
    [link] [comments]

    this HAS to be one of the closest backdoor's ever like.. i don't even know what to say

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 05:25 PM PST

    Big guy sharpens his axe on 4 people that he ran into on level 1

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 07:36 AM PST

    One of the greatest moments in League history that still brings a smile to this day! Uszat + HotshotGG vs. Scarra + VoyBoy

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 05:56 AM PST

    I want to say goodbye and that I will miss you <3

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 01:24 PM PST

    I played league since season 4. That's already 6 years of my life that I used to play this wonderful game almost every day. I've met new friends, experienced joy and sadness, used to tilt like an ape the first two years. But now I've become a much more confident player, I almost never tilt, try to give my best and be positive.

    Yesterday I found out that I'm gonna be a father! I haven't slept for the last 24 hours, being full of joy sitting with my notebook and writing down everything I consider to change in my life to make the most comfortable and pleasant pregnancy for my girlfriend (soon to be wife).

    One of the points struck me hard when I reread my notes. I will need to give up League for at least the next year or two.

    I will use that time to look out for hustles, keeping track of my income, no more spending money on skins to support my favorite developers.

    I may be just a gold scrub and my absence will be meaningless to this game and it's massive community, but I want to let y'all know that your absence will leave a big hole in my heart.

    I will miss you all a lot, I will miss this game, the champions that made me tilt till I mastered them, the wonderful lore around the world of Runterra. All these stories I used to read when a new champion came out and then actually replay his live and story while playing him or her.

    I fucking love you all! Thanks for being a big part of my life for the past 6 years! You helped me trough a lot of hard times, you helped me to cope with depression, you helped me to share my joy and you've just been awesome!

    This weekend I told my myself that I will do my last league of legends games and uninstall in order to use my time more wisely and prepare us for the next months or even years and make the best out of my free time.

    Cheers!

    Love ya ❤️

    submitted by /u/onethrowawayformydep
    [link] [comments]

    Got a Nidalee tattoo yesterday and it blows my mind

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 11:33 AM PST

    Hey guys, just wanted to show you my new Nidalee tattoo and ask you about the hair. I'm not sure if I want to leave it like it is right now or if I want to get the brown colors of her hair in. What do you guys think? Let me know 😬

    imgur link

    submitted by /u/Scarfcero
    [link] [comments]

    Making Mecha Kingdoms

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 10:32 AM PST

    TSM Sword breaks Yassuo's ankles

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 11:52 PM PST

    Vi's Ult is still bugged at the uppercut, Lee Sin ulted me

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:45 AM PST

    1 HP Blitzcrank Hook Baron Steal

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 01:00 AM PST

    First promo series of Season 10!

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 12:34 AM PST

    ''Mages are dominating!!!'' is something that is constantly said, yet it isnt true. AP assassins and assassins in general are, at least on midlane.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:04 AM PST

    ''Mages are dominating!!!'' is something that is constantly said, yet it isnt true. AP assassins and assassins in general are, at least on midlane.

    Almost every single champion dominating all the lanes where supposedly mages are ''free elo and izi wins'', is not a mage. Proof?

    https://preview.redd.it/mvnizyal3za41.png?width=912&format=png&auto=webp&s=96d9b95b4c734680e657d236e3bf96987c7812a8

    https://preview.redd.it/3wzljabl3za41.png?width=914&format=png&auto=webp&s=c16e2ad031c46ba87ab444d12e1adec08439bdae

    https://preview.redd.it/3g0rkmcl3za41.png?width=911&format=png&auto=webp&s=ada5918a464213ee8d529c7274347fbba1dd51a0

    A single mage on midlane. Not even the boogeymen ''mage supports'' are strong. But apparently the best solution, instead of nerfing AP assassins and Mordekaiser, is to... nerf AP items? Again?

    submitted by /u/Ranulf13
    [link] [comments]

    Volibear invades enemy base

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:09 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment