• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 15, 2020

    LoL Guide Mentoring Thread: Patch 10.1

    LoL Guide Mentoring Thread: Patch 10.1


    Mentoring Thread: Patch 10.1

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 09:40 AM PST

    Please do not reply directly to the thread.

    Coaches: reply to the regional comments with the application format below.

    Students: contact coaches (PM/reply) before adding them in-game.



    Respect our Golden Rule. If you find that certain teachers/students are disrespectful, send us a message here.

    For all the previous weeks: https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/wiki/archives


    Format for replies|Only Teachers should directly reply to the distinguished comments

    :--:|:--: Copy paste this and fill it up in your responses.

    Teacher:

    Summoner Name:

    **League / Division**: **Areas of expertise**: **Champions**: **Languages Spoken**: **Duration of Mentoring**: **Preferred Methods**: **Other Info**: 

    Previous Week Threads: https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/wiki/archives


    General Guidelines for Students

    • You will be making the first contact by sending a PM or replying to the mentor of your choice.

    • Come prepared. What do you want to take away from this? Is there anything the mentors can review?

    • Know your issues: In which areas do you struggle?

    • You must understand that getting better is all about yourself. Bring your best attitude.

    • Be motivated. The results are proportional to the amount of effort you put in practice.

    • Mentors are here to assist and help you with the difficulties you encounter. This is not a way to find high elo Duo Queue partners.


    General Guidelines for Mentors

    • You will accept players of your choice as students upon receiving their messages. The responsibility to make further contact and set up times falls on you.

    • Be clear as to what you want to do for your student(s) in your description: Review replays, lane together in normals, experiment and practice in custom games, simply answer questions/discuss, etc.

    • Try to organize your sessions by having specific themes. You do not want to overburden someone with too much information at once.

    • Give yourself discussion prompts to avoid losing your trail of thought. Slow down, clarify your opinions and make sure the student understands.

    • It is important to always promote a positive attitude and mentality towards playing and improving.


    Tools

    submitted by /u/Botkwai
    [link] [comments]

    Nathan Mott is a jg coach who uploads all his videos. He is free you just submit what you want reviewed. It's a great way for especially low elo players to begint to climb and improve.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:11 AM PST

    So I just recently had a game were I couldn't just win we were ahead but were going back and forth. I submitted my game (https://youtu.be/Zkjum7_uJ9k) and he reviewed it and personally it's rly been helping. He has tons of other videos things like how to keep your lead. How to gain a lead. Who and when to gank. What is the optimal pathing. how to secure objs. He has a video most junglers from s10 already so it's all good recent info.

    submitted by /u/rk_hay
    [link] [comments]

    "People that are bad at the game try to win through the chat"

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:24 PM PST

    Just remember that, people that at the end of the day know they are bad, may try to win via making you play worse than normally, getting inside your head.

    If someone tries to tilt you, just remember that this is a strategy, mute them, laugh if off and report them at the end of the game.

    This is a scumbag strategy, bonus points if it's actually an smurf doing it.

    And at the end of the day we all make mistakes sometimes. So just try to not do it again, and that's it.

    I was playing toplane vs a Kled, I was playing Sett and guy got mad because I killed him. Started annoying through chat and at some point he was winning the trades, so I just stuck under my tower. This gave him a ego boost and began trash-talking and dancing outside of the tower range.

    I was OK farming under the tower, so I didn't care.

    submitted by /u/Wesss-
    [link] [comments]

    How do people play katarina

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:58 AM PST

    I'm pretty decent at most mid champs and decided I want to pick up kata. So I've been trying her on my alt account.

    Its super low elo and I still can't manage to consistently win lane. She just feels so incredibly weak. What is katarina's strength? I know one of her strengths is teamfights/skirmishes, but when your team isn't doing well its very hard to kill someone alone in a fight for a reset.

    I just sit back and farm pre gunblade, because she feels super weak without it. But even with gunblade I dont really win 1v1s easily

    Any tips?

    submitted by /u/Keesdekarper
    [link] [comments]

    A major thing I've noticed playing a second account in low elo. Make your opponent pay for roaming, don't let them leave lane for free.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:03 AM PST

    So I'm by no means a "high elo" player, my main account ended up Gold 3 last season. But I've been playing some on a second account trying to learn ADC this season (because I know I don't play ADC at a gold level, not to "smurf") and I ended up being placed in bronze. One MAJOR thing I've noticed is people letting their lane opponents roam completely for free. MAYBE they'll ping them MIA, but then they just sit there and afk farm.

    Either follow them (ideally) or make them pay for roaming if you can't follow them for whatever reason. Shove the lane, make them miss CS, get tower damage in, take objectives on the other side of the map, do SOMETHING if you can't follow. Don't just sit and idly farm while they go punish another lane. Even if they don't get kills because you pinged, they're still forcing your teammates in that lane to back off and play safe and probably miss some cs. Make up for it in your lane or they just got an advantage for free. If they start missing waves in their own lane, or even better start losing towers, they'll be forced to either let up the pressure elsewhere on the map or let you get ahead.

    I know most people above silver or so already know this, but I've been a bit astonished at how few people in bronze seem to know what to do when their opponent is constantly roaming to another lane.

    submitted by /u/TwiztedWingz
    [link] [comments]

    The actual definition of splitpushing.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 02:10 PM PST

    edit: this is w/o TP, i'm not a really big fan of TP but this should be the same either way, except TP gives you more leniency for example if you want to start a splitpush when they're grouped as 5 already

    How NOT to splitpush:

    Wait for 5 men to show up, then think, "ok it's safe" then start taking the tower.

    How to actually splitpush:

    Maybe 30s-1 min before the objective spawns, stay in ur splitpush lane and shove hard to keep someone there. As the objective gets closer and closer to spawning, start playing more and more hyper aggro w/o dying (#1 job of a splitpusher is to NOT die).

    Number one is reactionary splitpushing. Ok, so? What good does it do if 5 men just group up and you take an outer turret and they ace ur team, take drag/baron, and back to defend?

    Number two actually forces people to come over. NOW you actually split pressure on the map, hence, 'split pushing'. If you're below plat, and utilize strategy #2 and refine it, and win lane, in those games you should pretty much NEVER be losing the game. (unless someone runs it down mid of afks)

    Splitpushing is splitting up the enemy team. If you wait for them to group up before splitting, what good does it do?

    Of course, I'm not saying get caught, but you'd be surprised at how much more slippery you really are. The enemies will be torn between going to the objective or chasing u down, and #1 goal is to not die, so as long as you drew a lot of pressure top you're good (which is why slippery splitpushers like trynd are so good)

    Most common mistake in low elo, aside from not knowing when to splitpush, is just being not ballsy enough to apply pressure. Hash may be 0/10, but hes applying pressure.

    submitted by /u/LakePale
    [link] [comments]

    Is Manamune Fiora a viable build? When to make it?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 11:35 AM PST

    I've seen some propalyers building manamune + Iceborn Gauntlet/Frozen Heart for her after tiamat. I tried sometimes and it perfomed very well ( I'm not a Fiora main but I enjoy playing it), but I don't know why. Is it better than the traditional build, at least in some ocasion?

    submitted by /u/Joao_Trufas
    [link] [comments]

    My Friend and I are trying to hit Challenger by improving our Bot Lane Synergy

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 02:19 PM PST

    Hey guys,my friend and I have decided to try and improve on our bot lane synergy and hit challenger by doing that :D

    We both play the botlane together and try to analyze important games in our climbs. To get better, it's important to review your games and notice your mistakes. By recording our reviews, we want to include you in our journey and help you become better players as well.

    Maybe you can learn something from that

    Video
    Would really appreciate feedback from you guys :D

    submitted by /u/LilSluggerZ
    [link] [comments]

    3 cloaks of agility Ashe?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 10:24 AM PST

    Hello! I'm a mastery 7 ashe main and I tried the 3 cloaks of agility build on at least 50 matches already. Now I build IE first, boots, then I take 2 cloaks of agility, then I build runaan's and build Phantom Dancer. It deals a lot of damage in early-mid game, but late game I realised I don't do a single bit of damage and I don't get any lifesteal unless I buy the bloodthirster. I also find that I tend to do the least if not the 4th or 3rd most damage in most of my games, and personally I think it's just my problem. I don't know how to deal a lot of damage but I also don't die as much as usual cause I know I have to play to live But by playing to live I don't do damage.. Even if I'm super fed I still don't do damage Now, how would you build 3 cloaks of agility on Ashe? I find it good because after procing your passive you do a lot of damage (in terms of early-mid)

    tldr; tried the 3 cloaks of agility build on ashe and find it very good but no lifesteal and usually dont have damage output (should be a me-problem) and i don't know if i'm building 3 cloaks effectively on ashe

    submitted by /u/Rick230911
    [link] [comments]

    How do i transition from Top to Mid?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 07:54 AM PST

    Well we all know Toplane is a disaster right now so i wanted to make a change and learn Midlane. the problem? i dont fucking know how, i dont enjoy any champion enough to play them consistently and i usually fall behind in cs when i try to roam, besides the fact that i barely know champion powerspikes and matchups so i dont win lane as consistently as i should.

    Im ended Plat 1 last season but now im playing against golds, What champions are the most similar to Bruisers in the midlane? i really like high skillceiling champion because i get easily bored if they are simple.

    How do i roam if the enemy has high waveclear? how tf i lane as assassins vs mages with cc? never feel like i can kill them and cant roam because they clear waves so fast

    Is it necesary to learn mages? i can play Orianna to a decent level but idk how counterpick heavy midlane is.

    Which are some good ward spots/timers to learn?

    submitted by /u/EmilianoR24
    [link] [comments]

    Need some advice

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 01:31 PM PST

    as an adc main in low elo would it be better to duo with a support or a different laner like mid/top or even a jg, for climbing. i currently duo with a support but i just seems that one of the lanes feeds when i start to get a lead and then get roamed on by the enemy mid and then end up losing my lead and so on. yes i understand i'm not the greatest player and there are things i can do to avoid that. just wanted to know what you all thought when it came to duoing as and adc main and what role you should look to play with

    submitted by /u/Ashed-Cheeks
    [link] [comments]

    What to do as Ekko in late game?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:01 AM PST

    I main jungle, high gold but never been as into league as I am atm so planning to push higher than previously.

    I currently main Warwick, Olaf, and Ekko (and until recently, Mundo but he is too weak early) and I'm really struggling figuring out how to close games out with Ekko.

    With the other two it's pretty straightforward (assist team with big fights as a tank or dive the back line, secure objectives) but with Ekko should I just be hovering around and diving the carries? Should I split a lane and look for picks since I should be borderline impossible to catch?

    I'm usually very strong early/mid game and get a big lead but if we don't win before 30 mins it's really hard to finish the game off.

    submitted by /u/ScottyDiz
    [link] [comments]

    Playing mid-game as a mid laner

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:13 AM PST

    I finished d4 last season and by reviewing my games I figured out my biggest weakness was rotation and stuff during mid-game. So need help figuring out how to actually play midgame better at this elo. I play champions such as vlad, kassadin, sometimes (rarely) ekko. Because of my champions I am often not really ahead in the midgame and as such I often just try my best to stall games so I get more items/levels, but often my team just fights and falls too behind from the fights and I am not strong enough at that point to just 1v5 team fights like in late game and as such I lose before reaching those levels of power. This was not a problem when I was lower elo as I was able to stomp lanes even with Vladimir and roll over enemy team in midgame, but now people actually pick champs and play smartly so I'm not able to do that so easily anymore. I'm starting to think that I need to change my champion pool. So yeah, any tips are welcome, if you need any more information about just ask :D

    submitted by /u/Xyzion23
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth to play Rhaast?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:26 AM PST

    So i bought Kayn not so long ago because i was interested in a champion who can adapt his kit to the game, i played a few matches with him recently, and i was blown away by how overloaded his blue form is, and how underwhelming his red form feels. When i play his blue form i get fed and when i play his red form i end up feeding. I feel like his blue form is how he is meant to be played. The question is: Is it worth it to put time into learning how to play rhaast effectively, or should i stick with his blue form instead? Thanks for the answers!

    submitted by /u/dora_meleg
    [link] [comments]

    Good Informational Video?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 12:27 PM PST

    So been playing for a few days now and I'm bout to make a lengthy road trip and wanted to listen to either a podcast or informational video about league but couldn't find any that were good listening to? Any ideas would greatly help and any newbie pointers would be appreciated too. Thanks! 😊

    submitted by /u/TheOldChiefy
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking advice on how I can play against this Armour-Stacking Meta

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 10:06 AM PST

    Hello all,

    I'm a Grandmaster Top laner seeking advice on what should I do against this tank meta; any advice is helpful being as I've failed to get to Challenger for 2 years now and have been hardstuck in GM-Master tier.

    The problem at the moment is, armour items are too good; especially against melee AD characters as I main.

    My main champion is Tryndamere, I've gotten him all the way to GrandMaster even with all his weaknesses but the problem lies in that I just can't do anything against how overpowered armour stacking is atm. It's happened to me numerous times that I kill my opponent twice in the early game and after they grab Tabis + Bramble + Bamis cinder I'm absolutely useless. I can't trade, I can't freeze, I can't dive, I can't all in. I've tried everything! I'm also really worried that they're buffing Frozen Heart next patch. This isn't just a tryndamere vs tank problem, this is a tryndamere vs mage problem too because of how absolutely overpowered buying tabis + seeker's is atm.

    I've tried building early armour pen on Tryndamere (cleaver, doms, guinsoos), all to no success. I realize that I can just play another champion or just meta slave and play a mage but it's just not fun. I've tried picking Cassiopeia top lane, or kennen, or Ryze but it's just what I like. I want to get to challenger playing tryndamere.

    Any advice is welcome. I have to adapt to the meta even if it's against my favour because Riot has been reluctant on not doing anything about Top lane.

    submitted by /u/I_Coach_League
    [link] [comments]

    Is Ezreal in a good spot or is he outclassed at the moment?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 03:51 PM PST

    Hello frens! I played a game of Ezreal last night and I didn't feed, but I didn't carry either (our JG and Top went ham), and while I ended on a positive KD at the end of the game, it turns out I did the least amount of damage on my team (I had a Vel'Koz support so he was doing the big damage). The thing is, I was hitting my W empowered Q's, I wasn't down on items (I had Manamune, IBG, BotRK), and I didn't die in team fights.

    Is Ezreal weak? I know the Klepto removal hit him hard, but I thought Riot gave him some damage buffs to compensate. I've been taking Fleet Footwork because I enjoy the move speed buff and the heal, but I'm wondering if I should switch to something like PTA or Dark Harvest?

    submitted by /u/aglimmerof
    [link] [comments]

    What should I do when my duo is offline?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 03:47 PM PST

    I'm a low elo supp with an adc duo we both play extremely well together and don't even have to use voices it's like we just know what to do and we read each other's minds it's so much easier, but a lot of times we are separated due to real life. I try to queue up as solo, but I find that a lot of the adcs are newer and it just doesn't go well and I'm struggling to climb without my duo partner. I still want to play, but would it better for me to do my secondary lane when I'm alone or just stick it out in support by myself?

    submitted by /u/IcecreamNCake1
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth it to learn Azir?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 12:00 PM PST

    So i played a game of ARAM and i got Azir and played well and i took a liking i'm thinking of starting to play him when i collect the BE so i wanted to ask is it worth it to buy him and learn how to play him because a lot of times i was put against him and i beat him super easy i dont know if i just picked his counters those times or something but he felt weak. But in the recent patch i saw he got a buff to his Ultimate too and that made me post this to ask everyone

    submitted by /u/ZyclopsHQ
    [link] [comments]

    Tips that have helped me as a beginner

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 11:14 PM PST

    The person staying in lane the longest is not the one winning lane. I used to think that if I stayed in lane longer than my opponent I was gaining more xp/cs. After watching challenger players on YouTube back at moments when their wave is pushed and they have enough money for an item spike.

    (This one may be just me) I was using a key on my keyboard to auto attack with attack move click. It felt good to mash that more than the mouse but this backfired because I ended up inherently mash my ability keys. I switched to attack move click on left mouse (where I moved it to on the mouse is not important it's the fact I got it of my keyboard) I have had much more deliberate abilities.

    As I've read here before, I didn't believe it till I experienced it. Tier lists mean absolutely nothing except for the bottom of the barrel champs. The skill level fluctuates so much when you start that the difference between an A tier champ and C tier champ is completely negligible. I have had the most luck by finding a champs style (gameplay and cosmetic, I'm a fan of feeling like a badass or a silly goose when I play)

    One tricking is key, for a while. I found picking a champ I like to play due to anything from watching YouTube videos and liking the champ to seeing an ult in a highlight gif here on reddit. Play that champ and learn the hell out of them (it makes them a new champ in your pool and you'll know how to better play against them) until you find something new you wanna try. I would HIGHLY advise, when starting out, to not switch from champ to champ or even worse champions with completely different play styles/roles. It makes it hard to get into a rhythm when you're going from a tank to an assassin as I ended up overestimating my staying power.

    These are just a couple things I've thought about and wanted to pass on, this sub has helped me a ton so I thought I'd try to give back. It may be complete jargon but hopefully it helps someone.

    submitted by /u/waconcept
    [link] [comments]

    Team rotations/playing correctly in the mid game (ADC)

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 06:05 AM PST

    Hey everyone,

    Just had a couple of questions regarding what I should do in the mid game to improve my chances of closing out the game as an ADC. I've got the basics down when it comes to vision (specifically as the ADC) and how to play the mid game. That being push mid waves and use priority to either secure objectives, setup vision or roam with that priority but I don't know what I should be doing/ if there is anything I can do when it comes to the side lanes and how they effects fights. I know I shouldn't be on the side lane past 15-20 minutes because I'm the damage carry of the team but I dont really know what I should be doing when my mid/top just come aram mid. I feel like I need to explain every tiny detail of how to play the side lane to my solo lanes else they push without mid priority and get caught. Or run back mid when the enemy 5man arams instead of pushing and taking towers. In an ideal game the adc provides freedom across the map by pushing the mid wave in but no-one on the team knows how to use it. is the best thing for me to do in this scenario to ping them with assist pings? Or should I type it out? I don't like typing because I'm wasting seconds where I could get a kill, save a teammate or even die and 80% of the time they don't listen anyway. I am gold elo for those wondering

    submitted by /u/Chawkball
    [link] [comments]

    Lane swap that went horribly wrong

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 02:05 PM PST

    I'm a Silver top lane Malphite main, and I run Grasp/Sorcery. (This was a Bronze game, but I don't know for sure everyone there was Bronze level since it's still placement period.)

    I was up against Senna, and mid was Ahri vs Darius. Very early on, Darius got first blood, and I'd really rather not lane against Senna so I offered to swap with Ahri and she agreed.

    She did fine against Senna, but I proceeded to get completely curbstomped by this Darius. When I arrived at mid lane, between the kill and the time it took me to walk down, he was 2 levels higher than me. I can handle Darius, but not a Darius 2 levels up. Of course he hit 6 before I did and went all in. Later Amumu came to gank but we just ended up feeding him double kills.

    Darius built full damage and ended with more than 20 kills to his name, about half his team's total. It didn't help that every time he was out of position, he also had a fat Black Shield on him, so "just ult and collapse on him" wasn't an option either.

    Looking back I feel that I made the right call with the lane swap, but that the execution was terrible and so I want to know what I could have done differently to prevent this sort of thing from happening again. I'd be happy to provide more details if necessary.

    submitted by /u/Quirky_Rabbit
    [link] [comments]

    Ornn question.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 06:22 AM PST

    So recently I got Ornn shard and I decided to buy him after reading how OP he is and that he is a really good blind pick in top lane. I watched some combos on yt I don't miss my ults anymore but I still don't understand how his upgrades work.

    Can I only upgrade Sunfire cape and Abbysal mask (I know I can upgrade 2 items max but are those the only ones I can upgrade for myself?)

    Last game I tried to upgrade item for Kaisa and I couldn't for some reason it forced me to upgrade the item for pyke, he had the most kills in our team maybe thats why (yes or no?)

    submitted by /u/umbb32c
    [link] [comments]

    why is senna so much played as adc atm?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 01:08 AM PST

    I don't understand... While I get she is kinda strong in laning phase, she suffers from so many negatives imo.

    She basically stands still for a long time when auto attacking (its super clunky imo)., She is super squishy, she has little mobility and I feel like she falls of way to hard damagewise late game to be able to make an impact.

    Why is she played so much in high elo?

    submitted by /u/coolsneaker
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment