• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 4, 2020

    LoL Guide Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.5

    LoL Guide Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.5


    Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.5

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 06:33 AM PST

    Hello summoners!

    In order to create better discussion in the subreddit, we will be redirecting all simple questions to this thread. Check out the most recent patch notes on the sidebar!

    What is a simple question? Typically, we define a simple question as something that can be answered fully within a single, or maybe two at most, comments. In this thread, you can ask any question you need answered about League of Legends, even if it isn't necessarily about learning the game itself. Keep in mind we will still continue to remove golden rule violations, rants, memes, topics against Riot's ToS, and paid services - but the other rules are generally more lax here.


    What you can do to help!

    For now, this is a patch-based thread, meaning it will be posted once every two weeks. Checking back on this thread later in the patch and answering any questions that have been posted would be a huge help!

    If you're trying to ask a question, the more specific you are, the better it is for all of us! We can't give you any help if we don't get much to work with in the first place.


    Resources

    • Our 101 page, with a ton of free content!

    • Our weekly mentoring thread: We have many users willing to provide free mentoring services!

    • Champion discussions: Check out our previous discussions on champions!

    • Summoner School Discord: A voice and text chat platform for teaching and learning. We also have a mentors who are available for personal coaching.

    • Leagueofgraphs: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more.

    • Lolalytics: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more.

    • OP.GG: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more. Note: stats are for Korea plat+ only, so sample sizes tend to be low.

     

    Which do you use? Deviations in stats are typically minor, so whichever one you prefer.


    If you have any suggestions for this thread, please let us know through modmail how we could improve!

    submitted by /u/Caedei
    [link] [comments]

    Champion Pool Megathread: March

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 07:57 AM PST

    If you need help with your champion pool, feel free to comment in this thread. Be sure to help out others by answering questions as well!


    There have always been lots of posts on /r/summonerschool asking for help with champion pools. Many of these posts amount to nothing more than "What champion will carry me?" while others are more detailed, such as "I am good at __this__, what should I play if I want to do __that__?"

    Ultimately, the only champion that can carry you is the one you are good at, and you get good by practicing. But some people have more success with some play styles than others. If you can't figure out your strengths and weaknesses, look no farther!

    If you have any questions about rounding out your champion pool or identifying your strengths and weaknesses, post a question! Feel free to include your summoner profile if you wish. Remember that the more detailed questions will get more fulfilling answers.


    Here are some guidelines for posting in this thread. You don't have to answer these questions, these are just for you to think about. Instead of just saying what champions you play, consider telling us:

    1. What are you looking for help with?

    2. Who do you currently play?

    3. Why do you play them?

    4. How do you play them? What is your playstyle? What role do they fulfill?

    5. What are you good at? What do you want to be good at?


    Also be sure to check out websites like www.u.gg and www.op.gg to add some statistical basis to your judgements.

    Have you thought deeply about your champion pool? Still can't figure it out? Great! We are here to help. Comment below and let us know what you're thinking.

    submitted by /u/Caedei
    [link] [comments]

    For the sake of your LP and sanity - Buy Executioner's Calling when versing Champions/Comps with healing.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:30 PM PST

    I see this from Bronze all the way to Diamond 4 - Players brushing off buying Executioner's Calling ( 800g ) to buy other items that do not have nearly the impact. Then they get frustrated and wonder why they cannot win fights or kill these 1v9 champions.

    Darius Top, Nunu Jungle, Vlad mid, Draven ADC, Soraka Support -- BUY EXECUTIONER'S CALLING. Or stop complaining that you are losing and can't kill anyone.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Focus_and_Improve
    [link] [comments]

    Reduce Your Tilt: Do not watch objectives that are already lost

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 08:39 PM PST

    -Re-post with proper title

    So I'm a high gold/plat player; nothing special. However, I have noticed one main overarching issue that lower elo players can fix: watching your team lose an objective.

    Short tip: don't.

    Long version: Say dragon timer is 15 secs away. Your jg/bot/sup/mid dies. Consider dragon as a lost cause and immediately focus on something productive (push lanes/take plating/clear your jungle). I just see too many low elo players who have no business standing by dragon pit watching the other team demolish it. Worst case scenario they finish dragon and catch you with some cc you weren't expecting. Boom now your team's out dragon & another kill.

    Now it depends on the dragon situation; if you're trying to prevent them from getting soul, there are many more considerations beyond this article. Also, if your jg is going to go for the steal, and you're someone like thresh who can actually help your jg steal (w him out safely) by all means try for that steal. Furthermore, if you genuinely think you can still fight them down a player, do it, but do it hard. Again, don't watch them take drag and then engage; you should wait until 2000hp then fully commit to cc'ing their jg/damaging their carries. This will give your jg the opportunity to steal.

    Now that being said, if you're alone and your mid lane is still mid and your jg is top, you are just wasting time watching that drag going down, and you're putting yourself in danger. The best thing you can do, especially for your own tilt prevention, is just write drag off and start focusing on what you can control again.

    -edit: this was my first post on the sub, so thank you for all the support. Gg <3

    submitted by /u/Crippledupdown
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve been playing for 7 years but never ranked due to anxiety, any advice for overcoming it?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 10:48 AM PST

    For some pretext I suffer and go to therapy for social anxiety and depression and inb4 "and you play LoL?" I started playing 7 years ago when none of these mental illnesses were prevalent.

    Moving on from that, I consider myself pretty good mechanically, i've never maine's a champ or role but i've played every role a great amount.

    My biggest fear is somehow getting hard stuck silver and it breaking my heart cause for 7 years League has been there for me and if I get hardstuck it feels like i've been playing for nothing? Not nothing but I just don't wanna burst the bubble of it turns out I can't get past silver, and it drives me nuts to think about.

    Any advice is welcome, thanks guys/girls.

    submitted by /u/SpeakersVault
    [link] [comments]

    Ego's ruin games, mute all doesn't work when you're not the one arguing.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 07:58 AM PST

    I have had a large percentage of games ruined recently because 2 or more members of the team are arguing or are refusing to play because of something another player did.

    I don't generally get involved because of the old rule where typing is just adding to the problem.

    It's hard to know what to do though when your jungler runs it down your lane because top didn't leash or the adc and support are both on fountain because the support got caught and died early so the adc says it's over at 4 mins.

    The general gist of this is people are too quick to give up or ruin someone else's game over a small slight or failure.

    When the truth is it was a minor thing and wont change the outcome of the game at all

    submitted by /u/wifehatesvideogames
    [link] [comments]

    How to still focus after a huge lose streak at high elo ?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:24 PM PST

    Hey everyone so I think my biggest problem is the fact that I tilt very fast when I lose a lot (like a lot of players I guess) So I was Diamond 1 50LP yesterday and I'm actually D2 18LP... I just did a 9 loss streaks and I'm pretty sad to see all my effort since 2 weak disappear in less than 24 hours , for some reasons I feel like I have control on nothing and it's always my fault if we lose and that I am completely trash at the game , I get really angry about myself because I don't believe in the "coin flip ; bad teammates" So I don't know how you guys manage to go ahead after those games specially 9 lose without one winning. I'm playing mid Aurelion sol one trick.

    submitted by /u/YasuoHentai
    [link] [comments]

    Hotkeys Make A Huge Difference

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 12:50 PM PST

    You can seriously reduce your mechanical mistakes if you fix keybindings you mess up often. A lot of players lose out fixing their common mistakes easily just because they assume the automatic setup is "optimal" or something.

    I wrote a full article here about hotkeys for Dignitas, but essentially:

    1. Basically no one uses Select Ally just because it's bound all the way up at the F keys. Do you know how often Faker uses this? Seriously. Move your camera, you can't learn everything you need off of the minimap alone. The minimap is a guide, but you still sometimes have to move your camera to figure out what's happening.
    2. KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ATTACK MOVE AND ATTACK MOVE CLICK.
      Attack Move is 'A Click' and Attack Move Click is not automatically set to any key. It's like casting your auto attack as a point-and-click spell. It's amazing. Not nearly enough people use it.
    3. Be ready to level your spells on time. I can't reach the default hotkeys for this naturally, plenty of you can't either. You have the power to change this. People don't make good enough use of their power spikes, especially level 2 in the botlane.
    submitted by /u/Clairebeebuzz
    [link] [comments]

    A message to bronze junglers

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:43 PM PST

    I know this is really low elo, I don't expect you to hard carry the game. Just took the easiest picks, you don't need to prove anyone anything.

    If the enemy team is invading and we are in a 3 vs 5 or a 4 vs 5, don't even stay to contest the buff, just change your path, try to steal their buff while they are in your jungle. You can adapt your pathing to the situation.

    If you gank a lane and the gank doesn't work and you end up dying, stop thinking about a "revenge" gank. I've seen this so many times it hurts my soul losing drake while you try to gank a lane that is already far behind even when the enemy wave and champ aren't pushing. Some times, the best thing you can do is admit defeat and keep playing.

    Trading drake for herald early game can be an amazing trade. Don't go for the steal when there are 4 enemies of the pit. Even if it works, you'll be far behind for the next couple of minutes.

    And for god's sake, stop listening to the cries of your teammates, asking for ganks. YOU ARE THE JUNGLER, YOU KNOW WHEN IT'S THE RIGHT TIME TO GANK AND WHEN IT'S NOT. YOU KNOW THE EASIEST LANES TO GANK. If they flame you, it's alright, just mute that asshole and keep doing your job. Nobody knows better your role than yourself. Be confident about it, learn from your mistakes and you'll climb in no time.

    Good luck out there, my friend.

    submitted by /u/AlexNihilist1
    [link] [comments]

    can someone explain wave management to me like im illiterate.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 11:01 PM PST

    i just cant put my finger on wave manage ment. i struggle to do it. i can freeze for like 30 seconds then it just pushes back to them and then they freezze it? ive watched videos but still cant really grasp it. is there any other way to explain it or am i just braindamaged for all of eternity?

    submitted by /u/TheSteppedon
    [link] [comments]

    What I deem to be my biggest issue, precision

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:59 PM PST

    In short, click accuracy

    In not so short, I feel like in most instances I have mechanics down at least but when ever I get into a fight (especially team fights) I'm not sure if panic is the right word but maybe I just feel overloaded. I lose track of my cursor but I know where I want to click so I end up clicking regardless of where it actualy is, and that just leaves my floundering and walking around in large scale team fights.

    Even in dules once the action gets going I'm liable to just stumble over my actions and click everywhere in the general vicinity of an enemy but rearly on the enemy themself. Anyone got any idea how I can get over this?

    submitted by /u/DrMatter
    [link] [comments]

    Zac Jungle Guide for Beginners

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 09:48 AM PST

    Hello guys,

    I decided to prepare a video guide for Zac - Click to watch the guide on YouTube.

    I've recently started to pick him up a bit more and if he's played to his full potential, he got amazing carry potential. I'm not saying he's great at hypercarrying with tons of damage, but the ability to engage from miles away, to be that huge frontline with lots of crowd control and making chaos in teamfights is just amazing.

    I wouldn't suggest you to try to 1v1 anyone in early levels unless you have a clear advantage. Try instead to farm up your way to atleast level 4 and then look for opportunities to gank.

    Once you succeed, try to camp that lane, get your laner ahead and kill the objective (drake/herald) at that side of the map to boost your lead.

    For more info check the gameplay guide, I'd love some feedback - I'm starting to record guides on more champs and will upload them regularly, thank you for every subscribe or "like", it's going to be massively appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Veverkac
    [link] [comments]

    10.5 Jungle cheat sheet

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 03:28 PM PST

    Hey summoners!

    I've just spent the past few hours creating a spread sheet that contains the scaling of each jungle camp, right up to their level caps. The purpose of this is to help you to develop your understanding of the jungle camps and enable you to plan strategies around how much you will need to farm to reach items or levels!

    Check it out here! (note that this does not include epic monsters in the table)

    This also includes a few notes for people that are new to the jungle, such as respawn times and bonus xp values. This also includes calculations for how much total gold/xp is in the jungle at level 1 and how much gold/xp you will have after your first and second clears.

    Fun fact - taking both level 1 scuttle crabs in your first full clear and missing the second crab spawn leaves you just under 8 xp off of level 6.

    That's all from me, have fun theory crafting in the jungle!

    submitted by /u/Official_Syntax
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible carry your team with vision? If so, how?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 10:12 AM PST

    Hello, I am a support main who's been stuck in silver 3-4 since beginning of the season. I haven't really tried to "grind" for higher rank (aka i've been playing a lot of different champs) but I find that in a lot of my games, even if my team develops a lead, there's a fair chance we can throw because of getting caught or making dumb decisions. Knowing the importance of vision, I usually have a much higher vision score than the enemy support and usually the most control wards bought (and in late game situation, I sack a spot in my inventory just for control wards). I guess what I'm trying to figure out is how to be better at placing down vision. Like for example, if both objectives are up, where should I place vision if my jg/team hasn't decided which objective to get. How can I use vision to stop my teammates from getting caught? Where should I be warding when no objectives are up? Most of the time, I feel like my wards are just placed in places that I think are helpful (like spamming them in enemy jungle or ours depending on the state of game or side were on). Obviously one of the things probably holding me back is lack of consistency (and tilt playing :/ ) but I am sure my game knowledge and mechanics are good enough to get out of silver at least, so how can I "carry" myself out of my elo?

    also if you want my op.gg, pls pm.

    Side note: In bot lane, is it better to always try and get prio rather than concede to enemy duo? (playing a lot of games where my adc refuses to push up for plates or contest their duo to try and get prio for a setup at drag) They just try and farm it out and say "i'm strong late" as if any low elo game would ever last that long when enemy has soul and more turrets than you lol. if they play passive, am I just forced to lose tower slowly?

    submitted by /u/OsuMakesMeCrippled
    [link] [comments]

    Stupid Plays Together Are Better Than Smart Plays Alone

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 02:51 PM PST

    I've been playing a lot of games lately, and I've constantly noticed that people absolutely refuse to group together when it matters most. There have been very similar reasons for why people do so, but I just want to address it in case some people are doing it by accident. While I will refer in second person a lot, I'm not referring specifically to you.

    1) Split pushing isn't always good. This is one of the biggest things that people are straying for, and it's what leads to a fed Yasuo or Sett. While split pushes can be good, it is not a good idea to do so when your team is lacking in power against the enemy team. Split pushes are more effective when teams are equal in power, meaning the group can stall the enemy while you go off to open up another route to attack the enemy. It should not be priority when you're pushed up to your own inhibitor and your team is half dead.

    2) "My entire team is stupid" is not a good reason to split off. By trying for what is supposed to be the smart option, you're such an easy target. Not only could you be seen by wards you don't know exist, but you're stronger together than you are alone. Plus, there may be synergies between you and a teammate than you may not realise until it happens by accident in a teamfight.

    3) Just because you have a kit to overextend doesn't mean you should. For some reason, I see a lot of people just running ahead of the entire team and proceeding to die almost instantly to.. the entire enemy team. This is a more common trend between champions who have mobility, and I will admit that I am guilty of this with Rakan's W and E. It's better to use your damage within the chaos with your team and that mobility to lock down someone who's low and running out of the fight rather than to try and pick some early damage or CC.

    4) Please, look at pings and chat. I don't know why people just ignore pings and messages about grouping together, but pay more attention to everything than just the combat. You could be missing out on messages about cheeky push to Baron or Elder, or maybe a warning about the enemy champion's bounty or items. Information and communication are the most vital parts of the game, and it's detrimental to everyone to ignore them.

    5) There's the off chance that you're not paying attention or you're a bit new. That's fine, but be sure to at least tell your team something about why you split off. While some people will be toxic no matter what, others will be more forgiving and understand a situation such as accidental ALT+TAB or missing a message. After all, sometimes it might not be something we can control too well.

    submitted by /u/ArcticXai
    [link] [comments]

    What do against senna

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 02:50 PM PST

    How is it fair for a champion to do everything a support does + everything an adc does? I can usually get her by bursting her down but the champion does not feel at the same power level as other ADCs/supports. What's her big weakness that accounts for the ungodly amount of things she can do?

    submitted by /u/RipRipRPRippR
    [link] [comments]

    How important is mouse speed for the average player?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 06:20 AM PST

    I'm still not anywhere close to good, but when I returned to the game this time around I've been dedicating more time towards practicing all of the suggested skills, and have seen drastic improvements in my overall play each game. I intend to continue my form of practice sessions while branching out on areas I feel could be better to focus on, but I've been wondering about mouse speed and would like to know if you think it's a critical area to focus on as well. Should I adjust to max mouse speed as a form of improvement?

    submitted by /u/overdosedghost
    [link] [comments]

    Are squishy mage champions like Taliyah not viable in low ELO?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 10:27 AM PST

    Hi, terrible Iron II player here. I love Taliyah and would like to improve at the jungle role with her, but whenever I try her she just seems less viable that other tankier picks. She has unhealthy early clears, is in serious danger skirmishing with the other jungler, and can't hope to take dragons alone.

    Is Taliyah jungle only viable at higher ELOs where your teammates will be more focused on helping with objectives and responding to encounters in the jungle near their lane? Or is my own play style to blame here?

    Not including this in the champion pool megathread as I think it applies to champions outside Taliyah as well.

    submitted by /u/highphiv3
    [link] [comments]

    Diamond Support, stuck in climb, would appreciate high level advice.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 09:05 AM PST

    Hello friends. This is a story about a stuck support. I usually get Diamond every season, relatively quickly and then do other stuff. This season, I've been stuck at P4-P3 (currently P4 0LP).

    Seems like nothing I do can help me climb. I can play a mage support, top damage and lose. Play an enchanter, keep everyone alive, and lose. Tank and peel, lose. Full utility and lose.

    Part of it is the meta and the shift to certain champions, I know. For example, I main Xerath support. Everyone plays assassins and I get 1 shot. Even now, with the shift to tanks, there's a good mix of tanks and assassins, so it's either do no damage and/or get 1 shot.

    Part of the reason I'm making this thread are my last two games I played last night and some last week which had me on teams with players that seem to have fundamental misunderstandings on the game. In one game, we were crushing bot (I was Karma support), We were against an AP top, AP mid, AP jg and NO ONE was building MR. Our top laner was getting slammed and I kept telling her to stop building Triforce and buy Hexdrinker and Executioner (against Morde and Soraka Supp). That never happened and even after going 0/8 and finally finishing Triforce, she kept building more damage. We lost our lead and got dumpstered.

    The game after, I decided to go hyper utility and play Yuumi, but my team was running around like lunatics whenever I'd attach to someone. Even then we still crushed bot but got absolutely smashed by their top and mid. I would ult while attached to someone and they would flash away for example. I was going crazy and vowed never to play Yuumi again without a premade or at least a duo.

    When I duo with good adcs on my friends list (maybe once a week or so), we get an unusually high proportion of AFKs, griefers, and ragers. But at the very least, we play well bottom.

    Additionally, on my clash team, it's mostly D1s+ and I play really well against high diamond and master adcs/supps (just the 2v2 situation with no jg help) with my low diamond adc buddy.

    So, I know I have the skill, but I don't have a playstyle or champ pool that's rewarded by fast games, getting hyper fed, being able to solo carry, and/or fast climbing by myself. For example, a buddy of mine is a jungle main, and we are roughly the same level skill wise. He's climb to diamond is so so much faster every season just because of his role and champion pool. We used to play together a lot but he moved cross country a while ago and we don't have much shared time to play with each other anymore.

    So... what am I to do? Just play someone like Pyke in normals till I get really good at him? I don't consider myself a Xerath otp even though he has by far my most mastery (750k), and I have a decent champ pool, but most of them in support position rely heavily on my team. I'd appreciate some high level input, maybe from others in my position who have found winning strats to power through.

    PS - I don't mean to imply that I am playing godly every game (or even most games). I just know what to do, how to itemized and play to our teams' advantage. Even then, I still do have a few games where I play absolutely terribly, or just get super camped that bot lane never gets off the ground. They happen, but I'm more interested in advice for just higher level climbing. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/CellieBellie
    [link] [comments]

    Game recording software

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:59 PM PST

    Ok so I want to have my games recorded so I can grab the clips from my replays without having to have patch 10.5 for example I want to be able to view the replay on say video lan codec Player (VLC) is this possible todo?

    I usually get some nice clips but I forget to grab them before the next patch releases so I lose out on grabbing the clip.

    I am aware league client has the option to download the replay but I don't want it only valid for the current patch I want it indefinitely saved.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/John_boy_90
    [link] [comments]

    Waveclearing with Sylas

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 08:32 AM PST

    Hey guys,

    So I'm a top lane main who's looking for an AP champion to add to his repertoire and I decided on Sylas because his bruiserish playstyle fits with what I like (I main Irelia). I'm comfortable fighting enemy champions with him but what's really annoying me about him is his waveclear especially since Irelia devours waves instantly. I understand that's something Riot targetted during his mini-rework this season, but it's something that's extremely annoying about him and is the one thing really stopping me from committing to playing him.

    Protobelt helps but it still feels pretty bad. Should I maybe be going Luden's second? At the moment I'm doing Protobelt -> Hourglass -> Liandry's. Are their any mechanics to waveclearing with him that I could be doing or is it just doomed? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/likely-lad
    [link] [comments]

    How to introduce a new player to League?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 06:32 AM PST

    I've been playing LoL on and off since about Season 2 or 3, peaked at Gold in S4, and then haven't played for about 5 years. I recently started playing again and am getting back into everything and having a good time. Right now I'm a Support main with no flex roles.

    I am also looking to introduce my fiance to the game, but I'm not really sure how to go about it. I know there's some easier Champions I can suggest, and I can help her with the basic controls, but I'm also trying not to overwhelm her.

    I have a few things I'm worried about outside of just teaching her how to play as well. Like if I queue up with her, will she get dragged up to my MMR before she's ready? Also, I don't want her to solo lane and be on an island without my help early on, but I also don't think ADC is the right role for her, and I don't know if I'm a good enough ADC main to have her support me either.

    Anyone been through the situation before and have some helpful tips? Or any better players have any suggestions on what to focus on first? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Darkmoosen
    [link] [comments]

    Lost all ability to lane properly, what are the laning fundamentals I need to know to start winning again?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 12:39 PM PST

    I main mid lane (secondary top) and last season I didn't have too many problems with winning my lane. This season I feel like I completely forgot how to do anything and everything. By 10 minutes I'm either down 40 cs or I've inted my butt off. I literally feel like I'm playing like I'm playing 2 tiers below me. When I usually have a lead I don't have a problem influencing it to other lanes/elsewhere.

    What should I be focusing on when I'm in laning phase? How do I win in a ranged matchup when I'm melee? What other things should I be focusing on?

    EDIT: I guess my post isnt flesh out enough. What I'm trying to do is take a step back from my mentality and reassess my approach to laning. If I was a new league player, what would you tell me to focus on to win the lane?

    submitted by /u/TraZixTV
    [link] [comments]

    Mentoring Thread: Patch 10.5

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 06:39 AM PST

    Please do not reply directly to the thread.

    Coaches: reply to the regional comments with the application format below.

    Students: contact coaches (PM/reply) before adding them in-game.



    Respect our Golden Rule. If you find that certain teachers/students are disrespectful, send us a message here.

    For all the previous weeks: https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/wiki/archives


    Format for replies|Only Teachers should directly reply to the distinguished comments

    :--:|:--: Copy paste this and fill it up in your responses.

    Teacher:

    Summoner Name:

    **League / Division**: **Areas of expertise**: **Champions**: **Languages Spoken**: **Duration of Mentoring**: **Preferred Methods**: **Other Info**: 

    Previous Week Threads: https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/wiki/archives


    General Guidelines for Students

    • You will be making the first contact by sending a PM or replying to the mentor of your choice.

    • Come prepared. What do you want to take away from this? Is there anything the mentors can review?

    • Know your issues: In which areas do you struggle?

    • You must understand that getting better is all about yourself. Bring your best attitude.

    • Be motivated. The results are proportional to the amount of effort you put in practice.

    • Mentors are here to assist and help you with the difficulties you encounter. This is not a way to find high elo Duo Queue partners.


    General Guidelines for Mentors

    • You will accept players of your choice as students upon receiving their messages. The responsibility to make further contact and set up times falls on you.

    • Be clear as to what you want to do for your student(s) in your description: Review replays, lane together in normals, experiment and practice in custom games, simply answer questions/discuss, etc.

    • Try to organize your sessions by having specific themes. You do not want to overburden someone with too much information at once.

    • Give yourself discussion prompts to avoid losing your trail of thought. Slow down, clarify your opinions and make sure the student understands.

    • It is important to always promote a positive attitude and mentality towards playing and improving.


    Tools

    submitted by /u/Botkwai
    [link] [comments]

    If you're tilting because jungler isn't ganking or you need help and no ones giving it to you, breathe and look at what's happening around the map

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 04:21 PM PST

    I was top and i died to a Mordekaiser twice, i had enough sustain to hold my turret and farm, but he was poking me with his Q everytime i tried to get a minion. If I fought him, i'd die, if I left, i'd lose the turret. I was under turret for probably 6 minutes while the enemy top had no wards and was just sitting by my turret. I was tilting, begging for a gank. I was tilting pretty hard.

    But that was me being entitled and only thinking about my lane. My Ekko jg was fed off of bot, my bot and mid were fed. I was the sacrifice. And I didn't feed. If I would have just watched my team, i would have known that I had nothing to worry about. This was a lesson to myself, think about the team, and look at what's going on. It's so easy to be selfish and only focus on yourself

    submitted by /u/Pinanims
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment