• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 1, 2020

    LoL Guide Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.7

    LoL Guide Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.7


    Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.7

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 05:16 AM PDT

    Hello summoners!

    In order to create better discussion in the subreddit, we will be redirecting all simple questions to this thread. Check out the most recent patch notes on the sidebar!

    What is a simple question? Typically, we define a simple question as something that can be answered fully within a single, or maybe two at most, comments. In this thread, you can ask any question you need answered about League of Legends, even if it isn't necessarily about learning the game itself. Keep in mind we will still continue to remove golden rule violations, rants, memes, topics against Riot's ToS, and paid services - but the other rules are generally more lax here.


    What you can do to help!

    For now, this is a patch-based thread, meaning it will be posted once every two weeks. Checking back on this thread later in the patch and answering any questions that have been posted would be a huge help!

    If you're trying to ask a question, the more specific you are, the better it is for all of us! We can't give you any help if we don't get much to work with in the first place.


    Resources

    • Our 101 page, with a ton of free content!

    • Our weekly mentoring thread: We have many users willing to provide free mentoring services!

    • Champion discussions: Check out our previous discussions on champions!

    • Summoner School Discord: A voice and text chat platform for teaching and learning. We also have a mentors who are available for personal coaching.

    • Leagueofgraphs: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more.

    • Lolalytics: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more.

    • OP.GG: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more. Note: stats are for Korea plat+ only, so sample sizes tend to be low.

     

    Which do you use? Deviations in stats are typically minor, so whichever one you prefer.


    If you have any suggestions for this thread, please let us know through modmail how we could improve!

    submitted by /u/furiousRaMPaGe
    [link] [comments]

    Mentoring Thread: Patch 10.7

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 04:37 AM PDT

    Please do not reply directly to the thread.

    Coaches: reply to the regional comments with the application format below.

    Students: contact coaches (PM/reply) before adding them in-game.



    Respect our Golden Rule. If you find that certain teachers/students are disrespectful, send us a message here.

    For all the previous weeks: https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/wiki/archives


    Format for replies|Only Teachers should directly reply to the distinguished comments

    :--:|:--: Copy paste this and fill it up in your responses.

    Teacher:

    Summoner Name:

    **League / Division**: **Areas of expertise**: **Champions**: **Languages Spoken**: **Duration of Mentoring**: **Preferred Methods**: **Other Info**: 

    Previous Week Threads: https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/wiki/archives


    General Guidelines for Students

    • You will be making the first contact by sending a PM or replying to the mentor of your choice.

    • Come prepared. What do you want to take away from this? Is there anything the mentors can review?

    • Know your issues: In which areas do you struggle?

    • You must understand that getting better is all about yourself. Bring your best attitude.

    • Be motivated. The results are proportional to the amount of effort you put in practice.

    • Mentors are here to assist and help you with the difficulties you encounter. This is not a way to find high elo Duo Queue partners.


    General Guidelines for Mentors

    • You will accept players of your choice as students upon receiving their messages. The responsibility to make further contact and set up times falls on you.

    • Be clear as to what you want to do for your student(s) in your description: Review replays, lane together in normals, experiment and practice in custom games, simply answer questions/discuss, etc.

    • Try to organize your sessions by having specific themes. You do not want to overburden someone with too much information at once.

    • Give yourself discussion prompts to avoid losing your trail of thought. Slow down, clarify your opinions and make sure the student understands.

    • It is important to always promote a positive attitude and mentality towards playing and improving.


    Tools

    submitted by /u/Botkwai
    [link] [comments]

    What does it take to become a Plat ADC player?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 12:12 PM PDT

    I am a Silver ADC / Support player who players ADC Lucian mostly and my off role is Maokai Support. What does it take to be platinum ADC player?

    I believe I have basic wave management i.e. freezing, when to push, when not ton push etc and farming (8cs per min) but what are other aspects of the game could I focus on to improve to reach Plat level?

    This is my ultimate goal is to reach Plat and curious as to what standers do Plat players meet?

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Kami0312
    [link] [comments]

    The value of an ability

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 12:41 PM PDT

    I want to talk about abilities and how we use them.

    Generally we are prepared at any moment to use our abilities and are even looking to press a specific ability to counter something. Getting that counter and landing your abilities are important and can be the difference in winning trades, winning fights, and even pressing your advantage in lane.

    What happens if you miss?

    On champions like blitzcrank a missed ability general means a missed opportunity. When your Q is on cool down your champion loses a lot of it'a potential.

    We see a lot about people saying that sometimes it is better to hold an ability. Why is this the case?

    Bringing us back to blitzcrank, in lane if we hold on to our Q we can position in a way that threatens our opponents and force them to lose cs just because of the threat of our Q.

    But this doesn't just apply to blitzcrank and the bot lane.

    We know that a Master Yi's skill is heavily dependent on when he uses his Q and his W. What about Jax? We almost always press our E before we Q in but should we do that? On Jax if you E first you lose out on a lot of damage reduction once you get in there, and are hoping that your stun is enough to win the fight alone.

    The next time you are trading, going in, or trying to outplay your opponents, think about your abilities and when you should be using them, if at all.

    Every time you use an ability you should be getting something out of it and you should think about whether or not to actually use it because once it is on cool down your opponents can react.

    submitted by /u/jubilee414404
    [link] [comments]

    what is the best resource to learn matchups

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    I am jungle main Silver at the moment. Came back after hiatus since 2016. I believe I am learning where to be and beginning to learn how to read opposing jg. My biggest weakness is knowing who counters me, what lane match ups are very high risk for me to gank and reading lane match ups in general.

    This brings me to my main question: What is the best resource to learn who I can punish and who I should stay clear of unless special circumstances occur i.e. 3v2 low health etc...

    submitted by /u/diehling
    [link] [comments]

    Help me figure out this game for my bf

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    Hello. I do not think my boyfriend is on this subreddit so hopefully I'm safe. I want to learn more about this game for him. He's been playing for years (is on a team and such), and it's really important to him and I want to learn more. He lets me watch him play but honestly, with the amount of characters (champions?) and stuff, I'm lost. He currently enjoys my attempts to ask things (mainly my poor descriptions of characters- superhero hamster being one), but I'd like to understand what he's talking about when he goes into specifics.

    Where can I go to learn more? I doubt I'd ever be able to play (I have sensory processing disorders so the bright lights/colors/etc make it very hard to keep up with what is going on, but I'd like to at least learn basics/goals of the game/idk what else. I play games (obviously not stuff like this, very much the slow paced story telling stuff), so I feel I'd be able to get it eventually.

    submitted by /u/sydandzee
    [link] [comments]

    Question about wards

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    I have a question about wards that I cant find a decent answer for online. Been watching the pro matches, and notice that they will frequently destroy an enemy ward and the last hit when the ward is destroyed, an ally ward spawns in its place. At the beginning it looked like they were just placing their own ward in its place. But then I started seeing it in my own games too. The problem is, I don't actually know how this happens. Is it an item passive? Is it a rune passive?

    What is the condition when a cleared ward gets replaced by an ally ward? Anyone ELI5?

    EDIT: Thanks everyone - will look at that Domination rune

    submitted by /u/holdmyrichard
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner's Guide to Jungling in Season 10

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm Jarski and I've been playing league since late season 3. I think I've got some general things to help new players and/or those looking to role swap get better at jungle.

    http://dignitas.gg/articles/blogs/League-of-Legends/14284/season-10-jungling-a-beginners-guide

    If you've got questions, I'd be happy to try and answer them too.

    submitted by /u/JarskiLol
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about "advanced" match dodging

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    I'm hovering on the border of Bronze/Silver. I feel that in as many as 25% of my recent games, people are pre-tilting hard in the lobby -- from things such as being assigned off-roles, "accidentally" banning each others picks, criticizing others' taste in champs, etc. With this in mind, I have 2 questions about dodging:

    1. If someone else dodges before the game starts, are chances high that the remaining 9 people will be paired again, and on the same team? If so, should I consider specifically banning something my opponents locked in? Should I be declining queue check if I had already locked my main champ, or if I feel someone in our team was toxic and will be paired with me again?

    2. This one feels a bit less ethical, but sometimes I need to dodge myself due to a troll/rager within our team. To avoid the penalty, how do people feel about locking in something ridiculous (e.g. ghost/cleanse Yuumi in jungle) and playing "chicken," trying to get someone else to dodge first, but dodging myself at the last second otherwise? I have not resorted to this yet, but after wasting so much time "sticking it out" on games lost in champ select, I am considering trying it. If I do this, have I become part of the problem? I don't want to hurt other people's experience (by hitting them with the dodge penalty), but I also don't want to suffer with 3 other good people either, when one player starts off immediately toxic.

    submitted by /u/Runic_Bistro
    [link] [comments]

    Some general questions- toplane

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    Hello, Im a gold toplaner who plays mostly jax and mordekaiser but Im struggling a lot lately. https://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=hehexd128903412 here is my opgg if you wanna check it out, i got to platinum in preseason but atm I feel really stuck-negative winrate.

    My farming is meh, with mordekaiser I usually need to group so cs/min is a bit lower and with jax I tend to go more for kills instead of farming jungle and stuff (atleast thats what I see on high elo games, jax even when fed farms jungle camps until the game ends), but I think for my rank thats fine? Working on it though.

    I know jax and mordekaiser and kinda braindead champions (personally i think jax is skilled as hell cause you have to know how to play the matchups but whatever), however I know the toplane matchups kinda well and usually win trades.

    That makes the enemy just sit underturret 24/7, literally. They just stack armor and stand there at the turret waiting for ganks. Also theyre tanks most of the time so I cant really harass or dive

    I know that what I am making is pressure, but if mid is ungankable and herald isnt up, what can I do? Early scuttle is almost never contested in low elo (they just take it for free idk why, scuttle fights literally never happen) and my jungler never invades. Since T1 is up I dont really have time to farm enemy jungle camps and return to lane, so enemy toplaner is just perma farming underturret for free.

    Yea I can make a teleport play but most of the time I ping enemy top has TP down and ping dragon, my team doesnt really care. I dont blame them though, cant expect perfect gameplay from everyone, but on an uncoordinated team having lane priority seems so redundant.

    TLDR: I dominate in trades then enemy stays underturret forever, what should I do?

    submitted by /u/NegativeEffortMemes
    [link] [comments]

    I made a 3 minute video with reworked Fiddlesticks ability interactions/combos

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 05:09 AM PDT

    Hey r/summonerschool!

    I made a short 3 minute video guide/ability showcase for the Fiddlesticks rework, which playable as of today!

    Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJo8MJ_w_BQ

    TL;DW:

    - His kit is almost the same, only his E and his Passive are vastly different
    - You place scarecrow effigies instead of wards
    - Thus your health bar disappears for the opponent if you stand still for a bit
    - so they can't tell right away which scarecrow is the right one
    - Control Wards/Vision Plants don't reaveal you.
    - getting auto attacked does reveal you however.
    - You can W-Flash to drain on further away targets. If you flash from out of sight, you even fear them. Technically you can still Flash-Instant-Fear this way.
    - If you use W on an enemy champion as well as a minion or monster, you can almost guarantee, that you get your whole W channel through and thus a cooldown refund.
    - If you only drain an enemy champion he might walk out of range, thus canceling your drain and denying your cooldown refund.
    - You can block projectiles like Ashe ult or charging type abilities like Kled or Sion ult with your effigies.
    - You can use Spellbinder/Shurelya's Reverie/Rightous Glory(?) reight before your R cast time ends to use the movement speed buff while your ultimate is up.
    - If you do a double camp start make sure none of the camps resets their aggro before you start channeling your W.

    Alright, thats it from my side. Have a nice 1st of April!

    submitted by /u/boostedFluegerl
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to bind to scroll wheel?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    Hello! I use the attack move on left click function on the client, and I was wondering if there was anyone that used this but also had their scroll wheel set to do the old functions of the left mouse button? I used to have my settings like that before they changed to have the check box, and now it's all messed up again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/fee1therush
    [link] [comments]

    Need help on beating Yi, Taric funnel strat

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 12:05 PM PDT

    I'm a Platinum player and I currently main Zed in the midlane. Although I'm pretty confident in my micro and macro play, on the rare occasion I go up against a funnel strat, I seem to lose everytime. Not just Zed for that matter, mostly every single midlaner I play, especially if it's someone like Xerath. I don't typically lose the lane per say, I just lose the game. (Obviously if our entire team is ahead we don't lose, but in most games, we're all even.) There's nothing I can really do especially if they both ult at the same time and run up on the team and get a pentakill. Even if we play with a somewhat heavy CC comp. It's even worse if the enemy support picks Yummi. Any suggestions on how to beat this? Do I split the whole game? Also, if there's any Zed mains out there, a tip would be useful too. Thank you in advance.

    Summoner name: 1CO133

    submitted by /u/issacseo
    [link] [comments]

    What could I have done to improve this lane?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    In a high bronze/low silver game (I'm silver 4), I was playing Ashe with Fiddle versus Kaisa and Lux. Easily one of the worst botlanes I have ever had.

    I took Teleport, which was my mistake. I was playing top lane the previous match and forgot to change it.

    Other than that, while thinking back on what I could have done to not make the lane a disaster (or at least less of a disaster), I'm drawing a complete blank. I've included some videos of my first few deaths, so perhaps someone with more experience could figure it out.

    One bad game can be written off but I also lost 3 more Ashe games tonight, so I think there is really something wrong with the way I'm playing. (Two of them were lost lanes, won lane for the last one but lost a baron fight.) I want to improve, but not really sure where to start.

    Thanks in advance!

    https://streamable.com/nbvf1

    https://streamable.com/2hhnj

    https://streamable.com/wfkga

    P.S. I play on a Garena server and we don't have API, so I can't share op.gg or anything like that.

    submitted by /u/Quirky_Rabbit
    [link] [comments]

    How did you learned to play Assassin Junglers?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 04:15 PM PDT

    I'm not even new to the game, I'm a Plat player that started tanking last year but had played for maybe 2 or 3 years total (not counting breaks, etc.) just for fun, I initially played support then top and bacame a jungler for the last two seasons...with that said I have never played assassins well..how did you got used to it? How do I even transition from front liners to a just wait and make picks playstyle?

    My old man' reflects and hands are not good for mechanical intensive champions so I usually play simple champs and that has allowed me to climb to plat 2 in my first year really trying.

    Which simple assassins would you recomend? And who should I check out for guides etc?

    submitted by /u/Oineuz
    [link] [comments]

    How do I teach my teammates to ward?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    My high school recently created an esports team with our only game being LoL. None of us had played it before so we're all still in the learning process. I, however, am starting to lose my mind with my teammates because they refuse to ward. I play ADC, so I should typically have one of the lowest vision scores, but I consistently have a higher vision score than the rest of my team combined.

    In game, I show them where to place which kind of ward, and ping areas for them to use a scanner, but they rarely ward on their own. Our coach has also shared numerous warding guides with the team, but no one is implementing them. Does anyone have advice on how to get across the importance of warding? And, does anyone have warding drills to use in custom games so that they can learn in a low stress environment?

    submitted by /u/analytical-atheist
    [link] [comments]

    how can i establish my win lane conditions as an adc ?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    hey everyone , ive been playing adc for the last season managed to get plat as a top main and then decided to switch to adc cause i just happened to like the role the more i played it , been stuck in gold as an adc in S9 and now im struggling in silver 1 .

    i think what i struggle with the most is knowing how matchups work in bot lane , i know supports dictate laning phase but adcs still influence the lane too and you gotta acount for jglers too . i find that much more complicated than say top where X beats y and so on yet i find that high ranked players can easily say we win lvl 1 they win lvl2 or i cant trade till i get item X etc.

    how can i know what my win lane conds are ?

    p.s : i'm aware of catch/poke/disengage lanes but it's rreally not heping me much in the matchups

    submitted by /u/K-ali
    [link] [comments]

    Interested in learning from a coach as he coaches his team?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 12:04 PM PDT

    1.5min channel promo: https://youtu.be/IL7ZeEgzrfg

    I'll make it quick. I do an educational stream twice/week on YouTube, where I coach my League of Legends team (5 Wards), ride the ups and downs of that process, and try to have a bit of fun within the process.

    Give the channel promo a quick watch, and you might be interested in what I host on YouTube every Tuesday and Thursday :)

    edit: if you watch yesterday's coaching stream (3/31), that's a bad example of a typical coaching day, as my Jungler couldn't show up and I had to sub for him instead of my normal spectating and taking notes

    submitted by /u/hotrod08
    [link] [comments]

    Akali 10.7, your thoughts?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 08:11 AM PDT

    I usually play vladimir on mid but i recently took a liking to akali as well. She is really fun to play and whenever i pick her, i usually go 15/2 or something similar. My rank is silver right now and i was wondering if she is worth one tricking on higher ranks as well.

    submitted by /u/logosh12
    [link] [comments]

    How do I play ekko

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 09:12 AM PDT

    Ekko jungle, to be specific. I'm not the best at a lot of battlemages and AP bruiser/assassin types, including Ekko, but considering that my mid/jungle champion pool is so small and Ekko is a great pick in both roles as well as being one of the best champions in the game, I've decided I want to get better at him. The problem is I don't know how to play him. I'd like to know when his powerspikes are, when/how to gank, objective control with Ekko and how much you're supposed to farm in the early game etc. I mostly play Yi, voli and Jax in jungle, Veigar, Diana and sometimes Yasuo if I go mid.

    submitted by /u/BenjaHwang
    [link] [comments]

    Communicating my thoughts

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    Hey guys I am wondering how important it is to communicate my thoughts to my teamates.

    I had a Zac + Nasus try to gank a Renekton + Sejuani at level 3 top side.

    The Zac got spotted on a ward and cleared it out then went back for a repeat gank.

    I thought to myself "You don't win 2 v 2 versus Renekton Sejuani."

    I didn't ping them though, I didn't type anything in chat, and the Zac went in and low and behold the Sejuani showed up.

    The Renekton ended up with a triple kill because my mid went too and died and now I feel like its my fault.

    I knew Zac and Nasus don't win 2v2. I am thinking that when Zac is charging up his E to go in a second time.

    But I didn't communicate that to my team and we hard lost through top lane.

    Should I be trying to get these thoughts out onto the rift in the form of pings and text to my teammates? If so how can I train myself to do this? I find myself doing this often when observing. I might be walking back to lane or farming jg camps and mousing over my teammates. How can I train myself to communicate these thoughts to my teammates in a quick manner that doesn't seem toxic?

    submitted by /u/jubilee414404
    [link] [comments]

    Top Lane Fundamentals Guide

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    Hey all! If you're looking to learn or improve on your Top Lane skills you should check out my guide on Top Lane Bruisers for the recent patches. Top Lane Fundamentals

    submitted by /u/MarcoBlumens
    [link] [comments]

    Why am I being out damaged?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    I recently started playing League (2 days ago) and have been loving Darius. I've been getting CREAMED though in most games I play. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong? I know the combos and what everything does but for example I was Top Laneing against a Garren and Centaur Guy (sorry idk his name) and I was doing great I had 8 kills which is a lot for me but then the next game I played I was playing against Nasus and I was doing well until he randomly started taking significantly less damage than before. What am I doing wrong? This has also been happening a lot against other characters where they either immediately destroy me and keep destroying me or they start destroying after like 10 min. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

    submitted by /u/Alex_Baka
    [link] [comments]

    How do I improve my Macro plays ?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    I'm mainly a twitch jungle player I realised that even if I get fed my team will be back on gold and resources therefore I'm forced to give up on dragons and barons, I've tried my best to push a lane but sometimes without people pressuring another lane the push will just not work. I can't seem to figure out what is the best early game macro to help me snowball my lead ? (Pre-24 min is my "early game")

    submitted by /u/K0chira
    [link] [comments]

    Ultra late itemization on fed supports

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    I'm wondering - when is it feasible to lose pink wards as a support to buy a major item?

    I was extremely fed (accidentally took a lot of kills) as Janna and I had Ardent, Athene's, Shurelia's, FQC, Swiftness boots and pink wards. I eventually sold the stack of pink wards to straight up buy a Deathcap (did not buy any components). Would it be fair to assert that a full Deathcap provides more utility than holding pink wards in your inventory ultra late, especially since I've been spamming the map with pinks for the previous 20 minutes?

    What about losing pink wards to buy a midrange item such as Redemption or Mikael's before a crucial teamfight over Baron/Elder? Would an item be far more utility than having pinks for map control?

    In addition, are there better optimizations for supports? Should I be selling my boots for a Deathcap and keeping pink wards in the case of Janna?

    What about AP carry supports in the vein of Brand, Lux, Vel'koz? Would it be advisable to sell pink wards for Deathcap components, or should I avoid buying it at all until I can buy it in one go?

    Finally, a Pyke that gets rolling can easily get a full inventory before 30 minutes. Is sweeper+glaive enough to control the map?

    submitted by /u/4333mhz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment