• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 8, 2020

    LoL Guide Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.14

    LoL Guide Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.14


    Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.14

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    Hello summoners!

    In order to create better discussion in the subreddit, we will be redirecting all simple questions to this thread. Check out the most recent patch notes on the sidebar!

    What is a simple question? Typically, we define a simple question as something that can be answered fully within a single, or maybe two at most, comments. In this thread, you can ask any question you need answered about League of Legends, even if it isn't necessarily about learning the game itself. Keep in mind we will still continue to remove golden rule violations, rants, memes, topics against Riot's ToS, and paid services - but the other rules are generally more lax here.


    What you can do to help!

    For now, this is a patch-based thread, meaning it will be posted once every two weeks. Checking back on this thread later in the patch and answering any questions that have been posted would be a huge help!

    If you're trying to ask a question, the more specific you are, the better it is for all of us! We can't give you any help if we don't get much to work with in the first place.


    Resources

    • Our 101 page, with a ton of free content!

    • Our weekly mentoring thread: We have many users willing to provide free mentoring services!

    • Champion discussions: Check out our previous discussions on champions!

    • Summoner School Discord: A voice and text chat platform for teaching and learning. We also have a mentors who are available for personal coaching.

    • Leagueofgraphs: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more.

    • Lolalytics: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more.

    • OP.GG: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more. Note: stats are for Korea plat+ only, so sample sizes tend to be low.

     

    Which do you use? Deviations in stats are typically minor, so whichever one you prefer.


    If you have any suggestions for this thread, please let us know through modmail how we could improve!

    submitted by /u/furiousRaMPaGe
    [link] [comments]

    Mentoring Thread: Patch 10.14

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    Please do not reply directly to the thread.

    Coaches: reply to the regional comments with the application format below.

    Students: contact coaches (PM/reply) before adding them in-game.



    Respect our Golden Rule. If you find that certain teachers/students are disrespectful, send us a message here.

    For all the previous weeks: https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/wiki/archives


    Format for replies|Only Teachers should directly reply to the distinguished comments

    :--:|:--: Copy paste this and fill it up in your responses.

    Teacher:

    Summoner Name:

    **League / Division**: **Areas of expertise**: **Champions**: **Languages Spoken**: **Duration of Mentoring**: **Preferred Methods**: **Other Info**: 

    Previous Week Threads: https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/wiki/archives


    General Guidelines for Students

    • You will be making the first contact by sending a PM or replying to the mentor of your choice.

    • Come prepared. What do you want to take away from this? Is there anything the mentors can review?

    • Know your issues: In which areas do you struggle?

    • You must understand that getting better is all about yourself. Bring your best attitude.

    • Be motivated. The results are proportional to the amount of effort you put in practice.

    • Mentors are here to assist and help you with the difficulties you encounter. This is not a way to find high elo Duo Queue partners.


    General Guidelines for Mentors

    • You will accept players of your choice as students upon receiving their messages. The responsibility to make further contact and set up times falls on you.

    • Be clear as to what you want to do for your student(s) in your description: Review replays, lane together in normals, experiment and practice in custom games, simply answer questions/discuss, etc.

    • Try to organize your sessions by having specific themes. You do not want to overburden someone with too much information at once.

    • Give yourself discussion prompts to avoid losing your trail of thought. Slow down, clarify your opinions and make sure the student understands.

    • It is important to always promote a positive attitude and mentality towards playing and improving.


    Tools

    submitted by /u/Botkwai
    [link] [comments]

    I made the Fiddlesticks clear EVEN FASTER, finishing all 6 camps by 3:02, which is only 2 seconds behind Olaf. Razork, do you want to try Fiddlesticks in another pro game soon, but this time with a perfect clear? :)

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 06:27 AM PDT

    Welcome to the best Jungle clear in the entire game. Fiddlesticks can now clear as fast as an Olaf, but remain at full HP. He can hit level 3 at 2:04, finish Krugs at 3:02, and Scuttle at 3:20.

    https://youtu.be/i6j_aRm5vIQ

    You may have seen my other Fiddlesticks ClearFrontier video on the front page last week, and it was already an extremely fast clear. Well, I improved it by several seconds, and now it is the best clear in the game.

    EDIT: Static images of exactly where to click:

    https://imgur.com/a/apIPik5

    It was so fast that it influenced the pro player Razork, the Jungler for Misfits in the LEC, to play Fiddlesticks and dominate that game.

    Here are some highlights from that pro game:

    https://youtu.be/K2crLd-PXVg

    Razork, if you're reading this, I hope this helps you out! Contact me if you have any questions about the clear.

    _________

    My channel has a few videos on it now, mostly to do with clear optimization, but for other Jungling content that's more to do with overall game sense, you should definitely check out:

    Coach Kairos

    He has a fantastic way of looking at the game that will really open your eyes to things you thought you knew, but you actually don't.

    submitted by /u/bquipd
    [link] [comments]

    How did I climbed from dia 4 to dia 1 in this season?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 04:30 AM PDT

    Firstly, I want to mention that I was a diamond 4 for almost 3 seasons and I have played in almost every lane except jungle. My peak was dia 3 and whatever I do I couldn't make it out of there. I climbed to diamond 1 in the top lane. How did I do that? I've paid no attention to flame. What I mean by that is don't get tilted and flame too. I usually say it's my bad and try to calm my team. If they're not calming mute right away, I swear I've won a lot of games just because of that. If you know you are doing the right thing do the right thing. I fell for this trap many times, it feels like I should be pushing and team fighting because in some cases that's what my team does over nothing. Don't do that play it the correct way even if you are flamed. Learn wave management. The massive leap in my climbing was because of wave management. Freezing, pushing, cheater recall, jungle patterns, massive minion wave dives and many I can't remember to mention right now. Learn your matchups and keep your champ pool rather small. I can't say that I'm an OTP but I mostly played champs like Shen, Jax, Darius and Maokai. Even though I've never played some top lane champs I know what they do and why they do it which leads to small wins then you win the lane.

    submitted by /u/RockHanger
    [link] [comments]

    Demonstration of Lillia's Full Clears (3:17 ~full HP leashless from either side)

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 06:35 AM PDT

    Red-start full clear - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ltgDm2uz8

    Blue-start full clear - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va-mk_j-PxY

    These runs are a little rough, but serviceably demonstrate Lillia's current first clear potential. Optimized, she ends at around ~3:15 leashless on each path with full health.

    I'm running Dark Harvest - Cheap Shot - Eyeball - Ravenous - Boots - CDR with AS/AP/Armor in these runs, but I'm not too sure what her ideal setup is yet. Either way rune choices won't make much of a difference for her clearing, though.

    submitted by /u/phylaris
    [link] [comments]

    New Player has Questions

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 05:56 AM PDT

    📷

    Hi, I'm new to league. Here's a list of questions that I had that other new players might have as well:

    Q: I'm coming from games like R6:S and Overwatch, so I'm used to memorizing abilities, weapons, sounds, etc. but there are so many champs in League that it seems overwhelming. Is there a good way to memorize them other than just playing?

    Q: What is a build?

    Q: Why do different types of champs go in different lanes?

    Q: What are some generally good champs?

    Q: Which champs should I avoid playing?

    Q: What is the effect of items on the game?

    Q: What are the different stages of a match?

    Q: What are some commonly used strategies?

    I'm sure there are many more questions that others might have, but these are some of the things I've been wondering. Thank you to anyone who responds!

    submitted by /u/_PainAuChocolat
    [link] [comments]

    What AD Carries work with Lux Support and how to play around her in Support role?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    I am Captain of the Clash team and Marksman, Support in my team prefers to play Lux Support which is fine but I don't know what AD Carry works well with her and how do I work around her, I had some experiance with Lux in Support role but I never knew what should I do when she is around, how to respond to her plays since her kit is focusing on poke and burst rather then CC that Morgana brimgs to the table.

    My current champion pool is Ashe, Vayne, Kai'sa amd Miss Fortune with heavy focus on Vayne since she is my most played AD Carry this season so there is big chance that she well get banned in champion select.

    Let me know what is Lux's purpose in lane as Support, how should I deal with it and what Carries work well with her.

    submitted by /u/DeathAndWind
    [link] [comments]

    Is jungle required to go mid?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    I fill in drafts and ranked and often end up as the jungler. I usually play master Yi, who has no crowd control and mainly farms early game. A few times my midlaner has told me off for never coming mid

    It's not like I never gank (but usually top when red side and bottom when blue side cause it's easier) and I go for dragons and do other jungly things, and it's not like these mids are being camped by the enemy jungler and need me to even up the lane. They even call me when red and blue buff are up. Can't they just play their own lane? Or is the jungler required to touch mid every few minutes if the mid is having a bad time?

    submitted by /u/Lttlefoot
    [link] [comments]

    I cannot use unsealed spellbook, is this a glitch, setting, or am i using it wrong?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    I understand usealed spellbook works that at around the 6-10 min mark (which one exactly) you're able to swap a summoner and then after that every so often you can swap them.

    I have my move click bound to mouse button one. When i click the "up arrow" above the spell i want to swap it registers this, and shows me the menu of summoner spells i can swap to.

    When i click on the summoner spell, instead of swapping, it issues a movement command in that location. I've also tried variations of shift click, right clicking and even target champion only and using my side mouse button keys, none of which worked.

    Does anyone know why this is happening? Can someone bind mb1 to move click and go into a custom and see if this same thing happens for them with unsealed spellbook?

    submitted by /u/newaccount99415
    [link] [comments]

    Lich Bane?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, hope you guys are doing well! I am wondering when to build an item like Lich Bane, it seems somewhat situational and I find only certain champs building it, though it seems like a cool item. I am a mid player and mostly play Ahri, Azir, Ryze, Teemo, and Annie.

    Thanks!

    PringleProject

    submitted by /u/PringleProject704
    [link] [comments]

    Champion Pool/Role Advice Megathread: July

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    If you need help with what roles or champs to play, feel free to comment in this thread. Be sure to help out others by answering questions as well!


    There have always been lots of posts on /r/summonerschool asking for help with champion pools or advice on what roles to play/swap to. Since these threads are only applicable to a single person -- the creator of the posts -- we have created a megathread to keep more generally applicable threads on the frontpage.

    If you have any questions about rounding out your champion pool or identifying your strengths and weaknesses, post a question! Feel free to include a link to your op.gg profile if you wish. Remember that the more detailed questions will get more fulfilling answers.

    If you're a new player, consider checking out this page for champion recommendations as well as other beginner advice, guides, and explanations of champion classes/roles.


    Here are some guidelines for posting in this thread. You don't necessarily have to answer these questions, but they do help responders give better advice.

    1. What are you looking for help with?

    2. Who do you currently play?

    3. Why do you play them?

    4. How do you play them? What is your playstyle? What role do they fulfill?

    5. What are you good at? What do you want to be good at?

    Also be sure to check out websites like https://lolalytics.com/ and www.op.gg to add some statistical basis to your judgements.


    Thanks to our big contributors: u/Blasterus, u/VintageFox

    submitted by /u/furiousRaMPaGe
    [link] [comments]

    How good is Xin Zhao for a Jungler Role?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    My brother recently got me into LOL and I've been experimenting with different champions. I've never really played a game like this, my only experience being a little bit of Smite, but I picked up on the Jungler Role. Aiding my team as a glorified support role, and getting to gank people from behind is pretty fun. When playing, he suggested I pick Zhao but I've never played him before. My strategy up til now has been just testing a large array of champions, and in game buying items/abilities that grant life steal. How would something like this work, and is Zhao a viable pick for a Jungler?

    submitted by /u/StrisselStudios
    [link] [comments]

    for those in high elo, how much time do you spend studying/looking at the specific numbers for champions/items/abilities?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    i play the game almost totally by 'feel' rather than by having any sense of exact numbers, i was just curious if it's worth the time to try and get a handle on the actual numbers. like in high ELO do you know the base hp of your champ before the game starts? do you know exactly how much damage each ability in your kit does? how much post mitigation damage your ability will do against a specific champion? or do you just have a general sense over time through experience approximately how much each ability will do?

    submitted by /u/ohborther
    [link] [comments]

    How do I know when to farm as a jgl, and how much should I farm while doing it?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm an Ivern main in lower Elo. I've been doing pretty well in my games and slowly climbing, but there is one thing I seem to have trouble with. I either play too passive or too aggressive, and in the meantime I'll either over-cs or under-cs.

    So, I was wondering how to know a good time to farm, as well as how much cs you should try to get before you head to your next gank or neutral objective?

    submitted by /u/Zmd2005
    [link] [comments]

    I'm having trouble with CSing and it's affecting my games.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    I just got back to League of Legends after a very long break and I decided to actually learn the game instead of blindly playing without mechanics. I am a jungle and top main sometimes adc if my team needs to. I've gotten pretty good at jungling, executing good ganks and snowballing a lane but when it comes to toplane and adc I sucks ass at last hitting minions therefore I have a gold disadvantage against the enemy because I always see their CS is bigger than mine. I've also been practicing last hitting in practice tool but I still have trouble last hitting minions are their any possible ways to "fix" my problem?

    submitted by /u/The_normalperson
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth to ONLY play games on ONE champion you want to improve on? (Ranked)

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    How do high ELO one-trick streamers always seem to play the champion/role that they want?

    Like for Mid lane, it's a really popular role and it's far from being guaranteed. Even if I Duo Q there's only a 50/50 chance of me getting it if it's selected as my primary. What I usually have to do is ask someone nicely if they're willing to swap.

    When that doesn't work, is it worth to dodge games if you're a one-trick and can't play your choice? I mean sure, I could always play an auto-filled role and do decently, but if I'm always doing that I'm not really a one-trick anymore and half my Ranked games will end up being played on that off-role/champion. That same half of matches could be lots of experience built up on the one-trick had I just dodged every time I couldn't play it.

    submitted by /u/LeagueofLmao
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like I build the same items on my champ every game and it’s impacting my ability to win more

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 06:20 PM PDT

    How do I know what to build and when to build it. I feel majorly of the time I am using the recommended builds in the item shop and I don't know if this is correct or not.

    For example, as Warwick I always build tiamat first and then that usually builds into Titantic Hydra. I also always build cinderhulk because that's what's recommended in the shop.

    I feel like items knowledge is a huge gap that separates bad players from decent players and I'm not sure how to gain and utilize item knowledge to my advantage

    submitted by /u/Samk1230
    [link] [comments]

    Akali counters

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    What's the best way to counter Akali, especially in a harder match up like playing kat. People keep telling me she's so weak and i feel as if i over extend constantly, i recently played against her as a zed and it went poorly even tho I'm usually very consistent as zed in lower elks

    submitted by /u/hanuski
    [link] [comments]

    Unseen Threat | HoB Kha'Zix Guide - A different take to the Voidreaver's primary keystone

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    Greetings Summoners and Kha'Zix Enthusiasts, I've finally finished and put together a guide to Hail of Blades Kha'Zix with the help of /u/tinjusx1 and we're hoping to introduce a new take on Kha'Zix keystones and hopefully make it fun along the way. The Unseen Threat series is a series breaking down unique and unconventional Kha'Zix strategies that can be strong if utilized correctly or just a bit of fun and something to give a try for yourself.


    Video Here

    Timestamps


    Introduction - Brief overview of the series and Tinjus' success with the rune

    Why Hail of Blades? - Reasons why it's worth giving a shot and what to focus on when running HoB on Kha'Zix.

    Runes, Evolutions and Items - Overview of the various different secondary runes and items that compliment the playstyle.

    In-depth HoB - Some of the overlooked aspects of HoB Kha'Zix and common misconceptions and downsides.

    Combos - How to actually utilize HoB in your combos with standard and advanced combos.

    Closing Thoughts


    I'll also try to answer any questions personally on Kha'Zix or refer to Tinjus who might drop by the threat if there are questions as well.

    submitted by /u/SKT_KhaZix
    [link] [comments]

    Liandry's Vs. Morellos?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, as the title says, I am wondering when to build each of these items on mid lane mages and overall AP champions. I have seen streamers and players build one of these two items in most games, with Morellos being the more popular choice. Which one is better and when is each item optimal?

    Thanks!

    PringleProject

    submitted by /u/PringleProject704
    [link] [comments]

    Farm on Olaf

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 02:37 PM PDT

    Yesterday I started playing Olaf and I know that he is a really strong early game jungler (a type that I don't normally play) so I started going for early invades and ganks. By 15 minutes I have only 80 or so CS. Giving the fact that I manage to do successful invades and ganks, is that ok or should I try to farm some more?

    submitted by /u/viruskill_twitch
    [link] [comments]

    How to win after midgame as Katarina? (Silver 3)

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    I've been spamming Kata for a while since I thought she'd be funny. First 10 matches I struggled a lot getting used to her (I usually played Anivia) but then I started to get better.

    Now, I've recently get M5 with her, but there are a lot of matches where I get fed (e.g. 4/1 or 7/2) by minute 12-20. However, after enemy team starts to group, I start to feel that I'm becoming useless if our tank doesn't get into Teamfights (every ulti/stun in enemy comp is up). I can still manage to get some lonely kills, but after a while, my "fed gap" is closed and enemy team has reached ours. The longer the match, the less impact, I feel, that I have to win.

    How can I "materialize" my advantage? How can I win tfs if stuns are up?

    Any suggestion is welcome, thx.

    submitted by /u/Juansess
    [link] [comments]

    Are fizz walljumps reliable?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    I am talking about videos like this or this that teach wall jumps with fizz.

    I am training this in practice tool and wondering: is it possible to do this 90% of the time or will it stay 50/50?

    Thanks for your insights.

    submitted by /u/Joetunn
    [link] [comments]

    Focus on objectives instead of faults.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 07:09 AM PDT

    I'm sure there's already been a post like this done 100 times. But it doesn't hurt to be reminded of how: reducing toxicity, can improve the overall game experience. I am by no means a pro but, I have been playing the game since 2014 so I have a fair amount of experience.

    Now I am one of those rare people that kept chat on instead of mute all. I use the chat purely for keeping our team on track. When your teammate(s) are losing lane it will never help to discourage them by flaming them. Instead of focusing on what they did wrong I always just focus on the next objective. Oh your jungler died again? Instead of calling them a degenerate, let them know to get ready for the next dragon showing up in a minute. Your midlander is getting smacked by the enemy? Check their build and kindly suggest a different build path if there's is not the best.

    I was sometimes able to turn unwinnable games in our favour by: keeping cool and staying on objectives. Instead of, focusing on the errors. Anyways, it's just my two cents but I am sure it can go a long way.

    submitted by /u/Jadavan
    [link] [comments]

    Grow fingers

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 09:15 AM PDT

    Usually play Bard, usually do OK. Decided to get out of my comfort zone and try out Gangplank top. I told everyone in pre-game lobby (draft pick, NOT ranked) I'm not good at top and this was first game with GP.

    Whole enemy team invades jungle while I'm leashing Ekko on blue. Ekko flashes out. Toast.

    My lane match up is a Tryndamere main (~100k mastery points) playing ... You guessed it, Tryndamere. Needless to say, it does not go well. I can't not feed this guy, unless I don't walk into lane.

    During mid and late game, I kept getting chased down by Hecarim and Xayah, getting melted any time I walk into a teamfight. Built TF, Deaths Dance, was working on BoRK. 2/23/12 @ EoG

    Honestly, it was a close match overall. 48 minutes. At the end, despite my forewarning, I get blasted by my team (had them muted during the match). One in particular (on a smurf acct from what I can tell) told me I was horrible, inbred, and did not have fingers. I reminded him that I had told them I wasn't good at the beginning, and that I do in fact have fingers.

    My question to you, SS, is how are people supposed to learn where they're going wrong and improve when matchmaking places me against people who are clearly so much better? Situations like this are extremely overwhelming and ultimately discouraging. I don't have itemization down (every guide I find ultimately boils down to "its situational" but doesn't elaborate on this).

    How do I grow fingers?

    submitted by /u/tuxluvv
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment