• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 23, 2020

    League of Legends Monday Megathread! Ask questions and share knowledge; newcomer questions encouraged!

    League of Legends Monday Megathread! Ask questions and share knowledge; newcomer questions encouraged!


    Monday Megathread! Ask questions and share knowledge; newcomer questions encouraged!

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    Welcome to the latest Monday Megathread, where you the community get to ask your questions and share your knowledge.

    Need help against a certain champion? Unsure how and where to ward? Looking to improve your csing? This is the place to ask. This weekly thread is a place for new players to ask questions and get help/advice from more experienced players. So, don't hold back, get your game related questions ready and post away, and hopefully someone can answer them!

    Previous threads


    If you wish to just view top level comments (ie questions) add ?depth=1 to the end of the page url.

    Looking to chat with people live? Come check out our discord channel here! We also have the channel #new-player-help if you want to ask questions there.

    If you are willing to learn, /r/SummonerSchool and its respective discord are always willing to teach.


    Basic Mechanics explanation in our Wiki

    New Player Guide by /u/The-All-Tomato

    Riot's New Player Guide

    LolEsports New Viewer Guide

    Other:

    Please sort this post by new, so that you can see the newer, unanswered questions.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    TwitchRivals - Tyler1's opinion on having GeneralSniper on his Twitch Rivals team

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 05:56 PM PDT

    Flyquest introduces WorldQuest for Worlds!

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 12:01 PM PDT

    How I Learned to Stop Caring About Samira and Pick Rammus

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 05:10 AM PDT

    So it's 4:30 and I get home from work. I'm a half hour late after being pulled over for speeding, but looking at the Sona poster on my wall makes me feel better. "League Time", I think to myself, after cracking open my third Red Bull.

    A new patch installs. I wait the 20 seconds before I can queue up, which is 3 more than the last patch. "Too slow" I think to myself. I pick Ranked Solo/Duo as usual and while waiting I read the patch notes. There's nothing important there except a new Sona skin.

    I get into champ select and my hands are getting pretty shaky but I manage to hover Rammus just in time. Everyone else is hovering some new pirate champion riot made, but I am first pick so I get Rammus and my teammates flame me. The enemy picks the new pirate Samuel and fellow racer Hecarim. My mid laner picks Yasuo and our support picks Sona. The unimportant laners pick Darius and Kai'sa, and the enemy team has 3 mages.

    I have time to finish my Red Bull During the loading screen because someone has a slow computer. I don't complain as usual when the game finally loads because it might be Sona.

    I start in the bot side Jungle with Sona and we kill the buff really fast. I manage to hit level 3 in record time thanks to some clean drifting and I quickly check the important lanes. Yasuo is dead. In the bot lane they are fighting and the new champion is dancing or something but Sona seems to be losing so I immediately ping, push Q, and down the rest of my fourth Red Bull. I blacked out for a while probably due to the G-Forces but when come to I have a headache and Sona said "gj" in chat. I finish my core item predator mobility boots and lose consciousness again.

    When I get back I take another sip from my Red Bull and check the score display. Yasuo has been AFK for a while and his current score is 0-11. Hecarim has been camping some part of the map I have never really seen before and Darius is arguing with him in chat. I am on my 8th gank bot lane and killed Samuel but Sona pings cloud dragon (my favorite) so I go there. I am feeling a little drowsy so after I smite it I recall and grab some coffee from the other room to ease my headache before blacking out one last time.

    I come back to a victory screen and Sona said "Jungle diff". Yasuo finished with 21 kills. Anyways I don't think Sandy or whatever is that bad, and more importantly do you guys think I have a chance with this Sona

    submitted by /u/TheAngryCactus
    [link] [comments]

    Faker vs Canna Mundo 1v1

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    When an early invade goes right and you dont know how.

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 04:49 AM PDT

    MAD Lions will 3-2 TES in the finals this year

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    Not only that, they will beat FNC 3-1 in the semis, while TES faces off against GENG and wins also 3-1.

    I know this is a ridiculous take, but hear me out for a bit.

    Last year's world's song was phoenix, and guess who won? That's right FunPlus Phoenix. The other players/teams that were featured in the mv were G2(caps), T1(faker), and IG(rookie). All three teams made it to semis last year, but were ultimately defeated. So what separates FPX from these teams? Well they didn't actually appear in the video, they just shared a name with it.

    So what does this have to do with my crazy predictions? Well this year's worlds song, take over, features previous world champions in it. Of all these teams, only 2 made it to worlds. These two teams are FNC(xPeke) and GENG(crown and technically mata). Now I know Samsung was the one that won worlds, but GENG is basically the same so I think it counts. TES has JackeyLove as their adc and guess what? JackeyLove was in the worlds video this year. So these are the three teams that were technically featured in the video. Like last year, they will make it to top 4, but will fail to win it all.

    Now why do I think MAD will win worlds? It's simple. The main character of take over wears a shirt with: a yellow collar, blue top part, circular yellow logo on the chest, and white bottom part. Sound familiar? That's right, it's eerily similar to the MAD Lions Jersey. Still not enough? Well I have one more piece of evidence for you. At 2:50 in the song, the lyrics are "I got the heart of a lion." That's right. A MAD Lion.

    I rest my case.

    submitted by /u/entoxt
    [link] [comments]

    DWG ShowMaker gives hot takes on Group B, Kanavi vs Canyon, Rogue's chances; has a message to G2: "Please make it out of groups as the second seed -- Wait, no. Please make it as far as possible. Please meet us at the highest stage possible. So we can knock you out, at that high stage."

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 12:19 PM PDT

    T1 Toddlers win Twitch Rivals

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    There was a hiccup in the middle of the series with their midlaner getting DDosed and they maybe waited around an hour before getting a replacement.

    submitted by /u/austin101123
    [link] [comments]

    I always pick Sylas in ARAM, just to get the chance of running into a Cho'Gath again. Today, it finally happened again, and yielded a Godzilla deathmatch!

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    The chillest place to watch Worlds

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    Hello! You probably don't remember me! About a year ago I made a post about wanting to have some friends to watch Worlds with that kind of blew up, leading to a Discord server with over 500 people at peak getting together to watch the games and generally have a good time.

    I honestly wasn't planning to make this post, but I have had a few people message me asking if the server was going to be active again this year, so I decided why the hell not? I'm hoping to create an environment that's friendly to players of all skill and experience levels, so if that sounds like your kind of thing come on and visit! Hopefully we can get close to what we had last year!

    https://discord.gg/pcTx5e8

    Starting tonight I will be revamping the server's emotes and roles to match the current field for this year's competition. If anyone has any questions for me personally about anything at all or if they think there would be some feature they would love to see feel free to send me a direct message either here on Reddit or to my Discord at Twig5#1001.

    submitted by /u/Twig1554
    [link] [comments]

    Post Game 3 Twitch Rivals Finals Odyssey

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    You can't make this shit up. This is some shit straight out Dragon Ball. They really did it against all odds!

    submitted by /u/Electronic_Royal_530
    [link] [comments]

    Preseason Critical Strike Changes from Riot Scruffy

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    Riot Scruffy tweeted:

    As we approach PBE for the item system overhaul we wanted to prime some more high level changes and their goals.

    Critical Strike:

    -Bring a bit more power into the early curve and slightly less exponential payoff

    -Broaden the choices for champs building crit

    -Critical strike damage reduced to 175% from 200%.

    • This pulls power from super late game crit builds and lets us put more power up front from stats (AD and AS)

    -Critical strike chance on items reduced to 20% from 25%.

    • This in combination with adding crit chance to a lot of useful items (Merc Scimitar, Bloodthirster, Mortal Reminder etc.) opens up build choice more dramatically.

    • These choices become new options at second or third item because they wouldn't derail your DPS completely.

    -We will be making sure non crit champs still have access to items with similar niches and are doing some creative things for on-hit champions to open up their options more. Full details on PBE.

    You will have to see everything when it comes to PBE to get the full picture, but we want to get goals out there to show the intention for each change.

    We'll be sharing a few more changes over the next week before PBE to reduce the amount of overload when it all drops.

    Also worth noting - we will do preemtive changes on champs with crit interactions (yasuo, yone, tryndamere) to make sure they are similar power to live and have dynamic choices in the system without having to go over 100%.

    Definitely don't worry that this will be a crit champion nerf, we have shifted the power from crit damage into other stats.

    Our goal on overall power is no change.

    submitted by /u/Spideraxe30
    [link] [comments]

    I have never met a person who unironically mained Corki.

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    Every Corki player I have ever come across only played Corki whenever he was stupidly strong and would immediately drop the champion the moment he didn't top the charts of the midlane anymore.

    This applies to Corki and only to Corki. I am yet to find a person who legit mains Corki and doesn't just use Corki as a sidebitch for whenever their main champion is banned or something.

    I've also found some people who only played Corki for like 2 games because they wanted to try out his Corgi skin. I guess they must like fucking dogs or something idk.

    I think Corki is a champion that could be reworked into literally anything else and Corki abusers would just go like "yep that's corki now, alright" as they lock in the current FotM pick and feed 9 kills in 12 or less minutes.

    submitted by /u/Obama----Gaming
    [link] [comments]

    Post Twitch rivals game 1 final thread

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    Team Tyler1 mid APA gets hit offline, the game is lost for team Yassuo but they refuse to FF to just lose 2 minutes after a 1 hour pause. Yassuo gets mad after being told to FF and leaks Tarzaned personal story in all chat.

    submitted by /u/drjpkc
    [link] [comments]

    I made a website to easily browse and sync liveview streams with the official riot broadcast that works on desktop OR mobile - www.liveviewsync.com

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    As an eu fan I don't like how NA gets constantly trashtalked by everyone

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    As an EU fan, I don't like how every discussion about worlds turns into who can trashtalk NA in the most embarassing way possible, and it's getting old really quick. I want EU to do well, and if an EU team meets an NA team, i'll root for EU. But I wouldn't be surprised if TSM outdo FNC and/or GenG. I'm not saying it's likely but I feel it's possible. Same for Fly against (in theory) MAD and KZ. Every podcast/show about worlds i've seen (note: I haven't seen the ''totally biased'' podcast by lec casters) is just constant bashing and no one is trying to point out redeeming qualities between the teams. People will always find a way to hype up some play-in teams but not a single word of praise towards NA teams. You shouldn't compromise your judgement to please fans. If you truly believe na will go 0-18 in groups that's fine if it's what you think. But maybe talk a little bit about why they can take away games from other big names. Thank you for reading.

    submitted by /u/takeshi134
    [link] [comments]

    "Show Up" - LCS Worlds hype video collab between Travis, Silvx, and... Medic

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    Dev Doodles: Clash | League of Legends

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    Tyler1‘s Toddlers just won Twitch Rivals

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    Especially outstanding was GeneralSniper's gameplay, as he's only 13 years old. What do you think of him, of the game? And who, in your opinion, should have won?

    submitted by /u/ShadowFIame
    [link] [comments]

    Fighting fed Kayn with 300 HP

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    YamatoCannon Top Players at Worlds 2020 (Updated)

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    YamayoCannon just released a new video with his best players in all positions, best bot lanes, best mid/jungle duo and best teams. Compared to the video he released earlier his rankings changed quite a bit. The video and reddit post with the old rankings are at the bottom of this thread.

    TOP 5 EACH POSITION:

    TOP:

    1. Zoom

    2. Wunder

    3. 369

    4. Nuguri

    5. Rascal

    No top lane honorable mentions this video

    JUNGLE:

    1. Kanavi

    2. Karsa

    3. Canyon

    4. SofM

    5. Selfmade

    Honorable mentions are Jankos and Peanut

    MID:

    1. Knight

    2. Chovy

    3. Caps

    4. Showmaker

    5. Bdd

    Honorable mentions are Larssen, Yagao and Angel

    ADC:

    1. Ruler

    2. Jackeylove

    3. Loken

    4. Deft

    5. Rekkles

    Honorable mentions are Huanfeng, Perkz (depending on bootcamp), Ghost

    SUPPORT:

    1. LvMao

    2. Beryl

    3. Keria

    4. Life

    5. Kaiser

    Honorable mentions are Hylisang, SwordArt and Mikyx

    BEST MID/JGL DUO:

    1. Knight/Karsa

    2. Showmaker/Canyon

    3. Kanavi/Yagao

    4. Caps/Jankos

    5. Chovy/Pyosik

    BEST BOTLANE:

    1. Loken/LvMao

    2. Ruler/Life

    3. Jackeylove/Yuyanjia

    4. Ghost/Beryl

    5. Deft/Keria

    6. Rekkles/Hylisang

    TOP TEAMS WORLDS 2020:

    S+: TES, JDG

    S: DWG

    A: DRX, G2, SN, GEN

    B: FNC, RGE, MAD

    C: TSM, LGD

    D: TL, Fly, Intz, UOL, MCX

    Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-DDZFpAiaY

    Old rankings reddit thread: reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/iusxr5/yamato_cannons_top_players_at_worlds_2020_feat/

    submitted by /u/SilkHornet
    [link] [comments]

    9/23 PBE Update: Loot Assets & Tentative Balance Changes

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    What is wrong with Seraphines hype campaign?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 02:03 AM PDT

    Just read papayas post and I was shocked to see so many people actually agreeing. Apparently it's weird for people to be sitting in a room trying to make "authentic teenage girl" tweets.

    Is this not exactly how literally every single character in a show, movie, or game is created? The writers come up with the actions, dialogue, and personality of literally every single character and guess what, most writers arent young boys or girls or action heroes, on and on. And when you're watching a movie or playing a game you are supposed to be invested. They dont sit there and remind you that this isn't real. But everyone knows it. And at the end of the day we still get excited for ghost or lady bird or whatever. We still get attached to characters like ellie and Joel. Yet it's all fabricated.. how is seraphine different? Is it weird they made Ellie gay and made her have a fallout with joel? Seraphines Twitter is nothing but a teaser. Its how they wanted to hype up their character. Told a story of a girl who got discovered and made it big.. why is that so wrong? Everyone knows she isn't real, her tweets aren't riot trying to convince people she is real, its them showing us the personality of a character they created. Same as literally any other game ever created.

    Edit: they are telling her story so again it's literally the same thing as every other game or media in general

    Last edit: I made this at like 3am not really expecting this much of a response. I could've had better format and more thought out points but the main idea is the same. Glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way

    submitted by /u/DisputeFTW
    [link] [comments]

    Post Game 2 Twitch Rivals Finals

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    1-1 moe's team gets the win in the 2nd game.

    ngl, the bm from moe at the end quite cringe. But yeah let's see how tyler1s team will figure it out in the final game

    submitted by /u/Simbah_SC
    [link] [comments]

    Captain Flowers debriefs Solid Snake on Karthus

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment