• Breaking News

    Friday, November 6, 2020

    League of Legends Subreddit Moderation Feedback Thread #14: Worlds, Region Baiting and Context

    League of Legends Subreddit Moderation Feedback Thread #14: Worlds, Region Baiting and Context


    Subreddit Moderation Feedback Thread #14: Worlds, Region Baiting and Context

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 09:41 AM PST

    Hi everyone!

    Worlds is over! We want to take this opportunity to congratulate DWG and the LCK on reclaiming their spot at the top. Also shout-out to the LEC for finally succeeding to avoid another 0-3 loss in the Finals!

    Anyways, now that we all have the time and the sticky space, here is our Subreddit Moderation Feedback Thread number 14. You can find the last one here.

    We did not really change any big rules or policies in the last few months, nonetheless there are some topics we would like to focus on:

    About that last point: After the infamous "Kai'Sa is hot" incident I was so pissed at the mods, that I called them "incompetent", "fucking pathetic" and told them to start using their brains. But somehow I became a mod myself, and being on the other side changed my views.

    Now I feel bad when people complain about us, because I know exactly how they feel and I want to do something about it. I believe that the best way for us to gain your trust is complete honesty, and that's why we compiled this document. I know it's a huge wall of text, and of course we don't expect you to read all of it. But hopefully this can help you gain a better understanding of our rules and actions.

    What do you think of all that? We're very interested in what you want or expect from us in terms of transparency.

    Of course general feedback is welcome too!


    Feedback is one thing that can help us moderators know what we are doing well and what we can improve upon. This thread is for you to give any and all feedback to the mod team of /r/leagueoflegends. What do you like about the subreddit? What do you dislike? Any ideas, any improvements, anything at all, feel free to share it here!

    In order to generate meaningful feedback, please try to give constructive criticism i.e. provide an idea or solution instead of "I don't like this." Please state clearly which rule/aspect of moderation/the subreddit your post refers to at the start of your comment. We may not reply to every single one here, but we will definitely do our best to look at them all. Please keep all top level comments as feedback, which means if there are memes/jokes, they will be removed.

    This thread will last for approximately a week, so be sure to get your word in before it goes!


    We're excited to hear from you!

    Thanks guys, enjoy the off-season, good luck in reaching your desired rank for this year and, most importantly, stay safe and healthy out there!

    submitted by /u/ohvalox
    [link] [comments]

    I just reached Silver IV..And I am 51 years old..

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 04:43 PM PST

    Yeah, you probably think whatever, but I am 51 years old, played with my son who is Bronze III and I have passed him now. I am very bad normally, no idea how I got to Silver IV, but hee at my age you take what you get. Sometimes I see very good players and I salute when you carry me!

    https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/summoner/euw/XXX+E+N+E+M+Y+XX

    Oh and if you think what does the old guy do? I am responsible for a division in Spain of 30 people in a chemical business and I always tell everyone my hobby is League and they look so weird to me. One day someone will say hee, I am plat and carry me further!

    Probably no one sees this, but I am so happy and I know its really nothing, but I love LOL follow LEC, LCK and LCS and its fantastic!

    submitted by /u/TheexpatSpain
    [link] [comments]

    Quite possibly the best KS I've pulled off

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 12:46 PM PST

    The stupidest thresh hook I've ever landed in my entire 10 year League of Legends career.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 10:23 AM PST

    K/DA - VILLAIN ft. Madison Beer and Kim Petras (Official Audio)

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 06:00 AM PST

    The writer behind Seraphine's Twitter account talks about the storytelling of the last months

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 11:44 AM PST

    From Twitter, Bethany talks about her experience and gives some insight on the Seraphine "project":

    A few articles have recently come out quoting me by name — so yes, I'm the writer behind Seraphine's Twitter.

    I plan to tell my full side of the story sometime soon. For now, I want to clarify that my intention was simply to write an interactive story about a girl who pursues her dreams. There was no board of execs scheming to create a "relatable" girl or capitalize on mental illness.

    I spent all of 2020 pouring my heart into this project, and so did my teammates. My goal was always to write a story that touched upon empathy, sincerity and kindness. I genuinely cared about all the people who interacted, and I wanted to use this platform to uplift them.

    Social media is a new medium for storytelling, with unpredictable real-world impact. There are things we learned about the process, and are still learning. But we always took our responsibility to her fans seriously.

    Please don't harass any of the people who worked on this project or any of her fans. I understand it can feel good to take a shot at a fictional character or a faceless corporation, but these words hurt real people. Think before assuming the worst about us.

    There have already been several articles presenting misleading information, speculation about my personal life/mental state, and purposeful misinterpretation of our intentions. All I can ask is that you use your best judgement when reading about this "controversy."

    For those who enjoyed Seraphine, thank you sincerely for your care and support. No matter what, the story's ending soon — and I hope you can enjoy the ending.

    submitted by /u/Rushaldin
    [link] [comments]

    K/DA - DRUM GO DUM ft. Aluna, Wolftyla, Bekuh BOOM (Official Audio)

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 06:01 AM PST

    K/DA - I’LL SHOW YOU ft. TWICE, Bekuh BOOM, Annika Wells (Official Audio)

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 06:00 AM PST

    Beryl chose Fiora, not Nuguri

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 04:24 AM PST

    Beryl chose Fiora, not Nuguri

    According to Showmaker, in an interview with Nuclear, who chose Fiora in the game against G2 was BeryL and that this was EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE that the coach wanted.
    Source: https://twitter.com/AshleyKang/status/1324685305509638144?s=20

    https://preview.redd.it/w5vcfz1n4mx51.png?width=585&format=png&auto=webp&s=3c6b4a3e3668e46e4909deaa9839e1856460a377

    submitted by /u/Luciano_TLD
    [link] [comments]

    Esports Reporter Jacob Wolf Out at ESPN in January as Layoffs Hit

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 07:44 AM PST

    I made League of Legends Ashe in Minecraft

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 11:58 PM PST

    I made League of Legends Ashe in Minecraft

    Hey guys, after a month of work on this project with roughly 3 hours of work each session, I finally finished it.

    To those who are unfamiliar with my technique of doing Minecraft builds, the build is made with the help of in-game plugins; Worldedit, Voxelsniper and goPaint that aid me in the process, enabling me to sculpt like in programs such as Blender or ZBrush in a less user friendly way. Check out the album of progress screenshots below!

    Silders Shader FOV 60 In-game screenshot

    Render by iRobo_

    Render by JossieboyMC

    The process: https://imgur.com/a/9jN2PAg

    More in-game screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/WjXTSRv

    Twitter source: https://twitter.com/iDragolyte/status/1321490321868402689

    Planet Minecraft source: https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/league-of-legends-ashe-4815226/

    EDIT: I am absolutely dazzled again by the support I have from y'all on Reddit, thank you all so much! It's getting harder to catch up with the comments, sorry if I miss out any comments.

    submitted by /u/iDragolyte
    [link] [comments]

    Infographic - Worlds 2020

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 05:46 AM PST

    Piece Of Sheet has been indefinitely banned for using an inappropriate username

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 10:33 AM PST

    Just checked r/livestreamfail and went to his twitter and saw this.


    Hello Piece_Of_Sheet

    Based on a rewie of your activity or content, we have issued a Community Guidelines strike on your account. Due to the severe nature of this violation, or the fact that you've incurred multiple violations, your access to Twitch services is indefinitely restricted

    Reason: Using an inappropriate username

    Why dont just offer a namechange instead?

    Sadge

    https://twitter.com/pieceofsheet/status/1324578021978853378

    submitted by /u/Eselers
    [link] [comments]

    1MILLION X K/DA - MORE [Dance Performance]

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 05:09 AM PST

    10 years without a male Enchanter

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 02:20 AM PST

    Rakan was the closest we ever got to having a male enchanter but his playstle is so clearly different from likes of Lulu, Janna, Nami, Soraka etc, and more similar to the Leona. Taric is also a close one but still he is primarily a tank and forced to build tanky to be able to hit with his passive without getting melted. We didn't get a single real male enchanter in 10 years. Unfortunetly, the next support is confirmed to be a tank too. I think it's time to give support players an enchanter who is not a cute or sexy girl.

    Sum Edits:

    -I forgot Ivern's existence due to not seing him in bot lane as a support one single time even as a troll pick and I was actually asking an enchanter for support players.

    -If we count every champion who has an ally buff as an enchanter, Jarvan, Sivir, Fiora, Jayce, Orianna, Nunu, Nidalee, Senna, Galio, Alistar, Kindred, Kayle are all enchanters. Also, I don't think cosmic baloons who goes meep have a gender.

    -Even if we count Taric as an enchanter despite of him being a hybrid tank, there is still clear lack of male champions in enchanter class.

    -I can accept that Taric can be played like an enchanter but playing Rakan like an enchanter is so against the champion's design. Even his quotes suggests that he is supposed to create trouble in enemy lines.

    submitted by /u/Lethioon
    [link] [comments]

    Glitched minion in tower saves Ornn's life

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 12:45 AM PST

    K/DA Akali All Out [Fanart]

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 07:55 AM PST

    Two teammates quit at 50 mins so I went for the Hail Mary XD

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 11:58 AM PST

    DWG Nuclear Interviews Showmaker

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 01:29 PM PST

    Today, Nuclear received questions from fans in his stream, and interviewed Showmaker via Discord.

    Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/793608612

     

    Someone wrote a summary of this interview in dcinside DWG community, and this post is the translation of this post.

    Source: https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=dwg&no=128066

     

    FYI

    All Damwon members are currently staying at a guesthouse in Korea for 14-day quarantine.

    The interview is done in casual manner. They were having fun and joking around a lot so keep that in mind!

     

    Part 1

     

    Q. Mint Chocolate vs Pineapple Pizza

    A. Neither. If I have to choose one, pineapple pizza. Mint chocolate is not food

     

    Q. Pro player that you respect the most?

    A. I respect many players. First, It's not Nuclear. I think Faker is the player I look up the most

     

    Q. Why did you say It's not Nuclear

    A. To make you feel good since you were expecting yourself

     

    Q. Closest pro-player outside the team? can be picked internationally too.

    A. I am only close to my teammates.

     

    Q. If you have to pick one

    A. None!

     

    Q. Which point of time did you realize that you are a world-class player?

    A. I still think I lack something as a player.

     

    Q. Answer again.

    A. When people in China recognized me, I felt I am a world-class.

     

    Q. You spent two months in Shanghai Hotel. What was your usual day like?

    A. Nothing special. I woke up, played game, eat and sleep.

     

    Q. What was your way to let off some stress during Worlds?

    A. I didn't have any ways. I wasn't that stressed in the first place.

    Nuclear: Of course, no stress winning worlds.

     

    Q. Favorite food & favorite Chinese food during Worlds

    A. Fire noodle and Chapagetti (Korean instant noodles) provided by Damwon. I didn't try Chinese food that much so I cannot remember.

     

    Q. What do you want to do after 14-day quarantine?

    A. All my friends are doing military service right now and they are receiving short vacation soon so I want to hang out with them.

     

    Showmaker: Annoying Canyon is my daily routine now.

    Q: I thought Canyon is the one who bullies you first (playfully)

    A: If we fight in real life, I lose so I can't complain.

     

    Q: What do you think of Canyon's belly

    A: When I try to touch his belly, he hits me. I am not allowed to touch.

    Nuclear: I can since I am allowed.

     

    Q: What do you think of Ghost's sense of humor?

    A: If he wasn't older than me..

    Nuclear: You would beat the shit out of him?

    Showmaker: Don't twist my words.

     

    Q: Why did you pick Twisted Fate for the Worlds skin?

    A: I played tf since it was op this season. The champ helped us a lot this Worlds. I used to be Syndra one-trick, so I also wanted to pick Syndra too. However, Syndra already has Worlds skin.

    Q: So profit is important?

    A: Yes

     

    Q: Rank Damwon members by appearance

    A: Last place – Showmaker. First place – Not Nuclear. Flame.

     

    Q: Ideal type?

    A: Someone who likes me

    Q: Answer again

    A: Stop trying to spice up things. Someone who likes me is my type.

     

    Q: Were you worried for any backlash after you mentioned "Shanghai Library"?

    A: Not really. The word "library" was already used before. I remember FPX members used it last year. I don't think it is controversial.

     

    Q: What was your reaction after you solo-killed Caps in semifinals?

    A: Caps stepped in when he wasn't supposed to. I assume there was a mistake in G2's call. I think the kill made after I used teleport to toplane was a much better play than the solo-kill.

     

    Q: How did your teammates react to the solokill?

    A: No reaction. I was kind of disappointed. I was expecting my team to cheer me while I act cool like it was nothing but that didn't happen. No one cheered for me so It was a bummer.

     

    Q: Any pledges to make if you are voted for All-Star?

    A: Don't think I will be chosen…

    Nuclear: I agree.

     

    Q: What is your opinion on Damwon's Fiora pick in finals.

    A: It was semifinals, against G2

    Q: What is your opinion on Damwon's Fiora pick in semifinals, game 2.

    A: Daeny (coach) was against Fiora. Zefa (Head Coach) let us decide which champ to play. The moment we had to decide, Nuguri's brain stopped and said "Just give me anything". Daeny recommened other champ (didn't mention which) but Beryl picked Fiora on his own. I trusted Nuguri's Fiora but result was not good. I think it was too difficult to use Fiora at that moment in the first place.

     

    Q: What was your reaction when you realized 4th game against G2 was the shortest game in Worlds history?

    A: I felt good. G2 is a team that does not fall off easily and they rotate well by assigning players to right place at right time. But at that game, we crushed them early and didn't even let them rotate in the first place.

    Q: Who carried that game in your opinion?

    A: POG was Beryl but mid was a blind pick, I made a solo-kill, I burned enemy's flash, (Nuclear trying to move on to next question) I had great laning phase, I fed Caitlyn using tf ult, I did spell-checks. Of course, not saying I carried the game.

     

    Q: Now you are back to KR, any players you want to play duo queue with?

    A: None. I am not playing any ranked games right now

     

    Q: How was your life before you joined Damwon?

    A: I was just an ordinary student who liked to play games. I have played League 6~7 years since grade 6. When I was in middle school, I wanted to become public servants, so I focused on studying. But I went through puberty and started playing games only. There was this incident. I lied to my parents that I am volunteering and skipped private school. I went to PC café and played Fifa online instead. I got caught later but I insisted not attending private school anymore since Fifa was my life back then. I ran away from home after. My mom gave up arguing so I ended up not having to study and just play games ever since. I was a diamond 1 jungler in high school. When I was in grade 11, I was interested in playing team game so I started participating in tournaments. At that time, I was syndra one-trick so my role was mid. I practiced other champions too and also hit challenger. Then, Damwon contacted me.

     

    Q: What was original members' reactions when you first joined the team?

    A: There were Hoit and Beryl in the team, and Nuguri and I joined the team together. There was Crush in the jungle. All members were so kind to me so my life as a pro player has been really smooth.

       

    Part 2

     

    Q: How is my interviewing skills so far

    A: You suck. I am carrying this interview.

     

    Q: Your favorite champion?

    A: Katarina. I am Katarina, Yone two-trick in off-season.

     

    Q: What was the happiest and saddest moments in your professional career?

    A: When we lost 0-3 to SKT in 19 summer play-offs. I played really bad and got sad. In post interview with the fans, I said "This was my worst performance in this season and I will play better in Regional Finals". I was really glad when my words came true and we won Regional Finals. Also, there is a jungler who let enemy steal baron by Lucian ult in 2v1 situation. This guy also gets his jungle stolen by Yuumi's Q. He disappoints me in various ways.

     

    Q: Any players who got along with you during Worlds? or any players you hope to become friends with in future?

    A: None. I think other teams are my enemies so I'd rather become closer with my teammates even more. If I must pick, I want to become friends with Deft. I think Deft has a style that every adcs dream, just like SN Bin showed a style of every top laners dream at the final. Deft's personality seems quiet and calm, but his playstyle is really aggressive and his movement of dodging skill shots is amazing.

     

    Q: What is the difference between KR server and Chinese super server?

    A: You fight all the time in Chinese super server. There was a game when total of 80 kills were made in 10 minutes. You cannot see your teammates position and nickname in pick&ban phase so it's very hard to swap roles. Also, there is a function that automatically accepts queue. Maybe the fuction is to prevent abusing. One-tricks in Chinese server are so good as if the champion itself is playing that champion. Aurelian sol, Talon, Qiyana one-tricks were unbelievably good. I met them and went 1-9 for rank placement. It's a server to practice skirmishes.

     

    Q: Favorite baseball team?

    A: None currently. I used to be a fan of Kwang Hyun Kim of SK Wyverns (currently pitcher for Cardinals) when I was in elementary school.

     

    Q: I am the best mid laner in the World. Yes or no.

    A: Yes

     

    Q: Earlier this year, you had this challenge to play every champion only once to hit challenger. What were the most entertaining and difficult champions throughout the challenge?

    A: I liked AP mid Kogmaw so I played it on different account and used it in scrim but it did not work out. Also, Illaoi was more trash that I thought.

     

    Q: Worst Champion in League of Legends in your opinion?

    A: Udyr. It needs a remake ASAP. I cry when I look at Udyr's skill set.

     

    Q: How is Udyr's skill set?

    A: Enter League client and open the champion info of Udyr. There is zero description written under Monkey's Agility (Udyr's passive)

    (Turned out there is actually no description written for Udyr's passive in KR client)

    Showmaker: Even Riot abandoned that champ

    Nuclear: Isn't the passive about gaining movement speed if you use skills?

    Showmaker: It's not fast at all even if you Udyr use skills.

    Q: How did you find this

    A: I just found it right now. I think god of streaming is helping me out. All thanks to Nuclear.

    Nuclear: What?

    Showmaker: Just say yes.

     

    Q: Do you like rap music

    A: Yes I like rap music

     

    Q: Favorite rapper?

    A: I cannot pick one since there are so many. I like rappers who can rap well.

     

    Q: Can you rap few lines for us?

    A: I have schedule. Besides, noise between walls is problematic too. (Nuclear pressuring Showmaker to rap). If you keep forcing me then I will end Discord, lock my door, and hide.

     

    Q: Interview is near the end, if you have anything to say to anyone, then please do.

    A: No

     

    Q: Feel free to say anything.

    A: Let me organize my thoughts first

     

    Q: Have you seen Nuclear's the Flying Kaisa-Samira at my stream yesterday?

    A: Sorry, but I don't want to watch it.

     

     

    Questions from Live Chat

     

    Q: What do you think of your fashion sense?

    A: I only wear clothes that I receive from fans so I have no fashion sense. I just wear whatever in front of me.

     

    Q: Going 20/0 and lose vs 0/20 and win in rank game

    A: Definitely the latter

     

    Q: What is your opinion on a player who lost a professional game with KDA of 11/0/11? (Nuclear's iconic Sbenu game)

    A: I think it is that player's fault. It was the time when Luican went crit build. It is impossible to lose the game when that build is complete.

    Nuclear: I will show you that game when interview ends

    Showmaker: I will shut down my computer

    Nuclear: I will come and smash your computer.

     

    Q: Penta stolen by Canyon vs stealing Canyon's penta in professional game

    A: Definitely latter. Of course, I had sacrificed myself for Canyon's first penta.

     

    Q: Who was the worst player in scrims this year?

    A: All players performed similarly. but Canyon performed well consistently.

     

    Q: Would you watch Nuclear's twitch stream or Flame's

    A: I will watch both with dual monitor. If I must choose one, I will not watch Nuclear's. I will watch Flame's.

    (Nuclear quits Discord)

    (Nuclear re-enters Discord)

    (Showmaker praises Nuclear and Nuclear laughs)

     

    Q: Who do you count/rely on the most among your teammates?

    A: Ghost. I feel comfortable when I am around him.

     

    Q: You said that you used to play Fifa, which team is your favorite?

    A: I liked Barcelona. But currently, I lost interests watching football.

     

    Q: Favorite football player?

    A: Heung Min Son

     

    Q: Has Beryl ever recommend you to play Princess Connect! Re:Dive? (mobile game Beryl plays)

    A: No

     

    (Chat suddenly talking about fights)

    Showmaker: Have you ever fought with someone in real life?

    Nuclear: I was known as Nuclear fist of Incheon (city in Korea). Have you heard of it?

    Showmaker: I don't know Incheon well.

     

    Q: Do you like BBQ?

    A: Yes

     

    Q: How was the QnA today?

    A: It was really meaningful. I don't think I have ever talked about this stuff to fans. I really enjoyed it. I hope there is another chance like this in future.

     

    Q: Last words?

    A: I want to thank all my fans, coaching staffs, president, manager and my teammates. I will continue to work hard to go to Worlds next year too.

    submitted by /u/wonjs
    [link] [comments]

    K/DA ALL OUT has released on Spotify

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 06:01 AM PST

    Santorin free to pursue options

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 11:01 AM PST

    According to his own Twitter. Now it's more likely what has already been talked about: TL Santorin. The question is if there was any poaching beforehand, where did the rumours come from and did it influence Santorin's actions during the off season?

    I wonder if we will ever see the truth of this

    Source

    https://twitter.com/santorin/status/1324785177462218754?s=21

    submitted by /u/ThirteenthGhost
    [link] [comments]

    iG Rookie: "It might sound arrogant, but I’ll be bringing the Summoner’s Cup back next year." - Inven Global"

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 04:55 AM PST

    Enjoyed Evelynn's character design for K/DA ALL OUT so much, I made fanart.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 08:19 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/0M4TEs7

    Been experimenting with a new style, and I really wanted to try Evelynn. Enjoy. :)

    submitted by /u/Noice_Smort_28
    [link] [comments]

    Jankos' (great) point of view on Samira

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 07:27 AM PST

    Nemesis nasty quadra kill with assist from blue trinket

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 11:27 AM PST

    LCK: LirA (former Clutch Gaming and nV jungler) is returning to Afreeca Freecs as their head coach in 2021. Former Clutch assistant coach Rigby is part of his staff.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 07:03 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment