• Breaking News

    Friday, December 11, 2020

    LoL Guide How long did it take you to fully understand and play your role?

    LoL Guide How long did it take you to fully understand and play your role?


    How long did it take you to fully understand and play your role?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 02:05 AM PST

    Very new player here. I like playing as an ADC but since I'm quite new to the game, I'm still learning how to use the items, wards and attack properly. How long did it take you to understand the role you play? Whether it is being a mid laner, top, support etc.

    Also can you recommend good ADC characters?

    submitted by /u/alen419
    [link] [comments]

    I made a PowerPoint presentation to improve your Macrogame.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 10:58 AM PST

    Hello my doodies.

    Still bored at corona-times and after all the overwhelmingly good feedback for the last presentation I decided to make another PowerPoint.
    For everyone who missed it here is a quick introduction of myself:

    I am a Diamond 2 support player that plays around that elo for like 5 seasons straight. But more importantly, I have experience in teaching League for some semesters. I was employed at "Hochschulsport Münster" - TLDR; midsemester sport-courses for students - for three semesters straight before ending my Education at that University. Given that I could call myself a League of Legends coach that actually got paid.

    Something between 1 or 2 weeks ago I posted a presentation I made for my friends about Wavemanagement and got very good feedback from the community.
    And here I am. Putting some more time into another presentation.

    Why should you watch it?

    "Go for nash, or, uuh, maybe just push? Yea, push."
    We've all been in that scenario. To say the least making good choices isnt easy. And even high-diamond players struggle to find a nice and clean ending to their game.
    A risk-free, quick and clean ending of a game can only occur through excellent macro.
    In a series of presentations about that topic we'll go through main aspects of macro as a whole and try to minimize your mistakes in order to make your elo rise.
    That means: There will be another presentation about macro.

    I hope you guys enjoy it, and as always I appreciate all feedback you give me, positive or negative, and try to answer every question.

    Link (Twitch VOD): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/833719091
    Link (YT Upload): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzH0cnm_e3I

    Also, for everyone who missed the 1st PowerPoint, here's the thread that includes the links needed to rewatch it:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/comments/k4og7j/i_made_a_powerpoint_presentation_to_improve_your/

    UwU and out,
    Bagger

    submitted by /u/HD_Bagger
    [link] [comments]

    The LoL Fundamentals Guide

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 06:25 AM PST

    Hello there new (and veteran) summoners,

    I've tried to make a guide with most points that I think are necessary to improve at League of Legends. This is focused on the main player base; not on high elo. I hope this can help you out.

    I kind of had a writers block after 20 pages, however I am still planning on adding a lot more stuff (settings for easier kiting, etc). I recommend saving the reddit post instead of the PDF file itself if you have continuous internet access, since I'll update the link here whenever I have something new to add/change.

    League Fundamentals v1.1

    Hope you all have a wonderful day!

    (edit: warding spots added)

    submitted by /u/PolarshiftGG
    [link] [comments]

    Selling Boots for Lich Bane?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 01:10 PM PST

    Lich Bane now has the 10% movespeed buff which spellbinder used to have. The big difference is the loss of the active that gave extra ap and movespeed during a fight which could let you kite faster. If games went on super long I always used to sell boots for spellbinder as a 6th item. The movespeed during combat was actually greater when using the active compared to boots.

    Since lich just has the flat 10% move speed buff which for most champs should be around 35 ish bonus move speed. This is 10 less than boots so I figured that its not that big of a tradeoff for some extra damage and spellblade. What are your guy's thoughts.

    submitted by /u/crankytoaster
    [link] [comments]

    Is it impossible to play Ezreal (or ADC in general) in low elo?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 03:44 PM PST

    For context, I've been playing for a good few months now, maybe 5 or 6, and I'm at about 120k mastery on Ezreal. I've practiced a few other ADC's too and I've tried every role but other than playing Ahri, Akali, and Kata in mid (which I always get filled for anyway so what's the point in queueing?), I basically only play ADC and mostly Ezreal. I'm also in silver 4 because I don't play comp that much and just stick to norms.

    What I've come to realise is that outside of norms where people are chill and actually make calm and rational decisions, ADC and Ezreal in particular are impossible to play. He has no solo carry potential early on and if you die once or your support dies, you're screwed. Even with Ez's insane survivability, I find that it's always useless, my turret dies 10 minutes in, and I end up about 1/5/0 by then. No matter how many pink wards I place, how much I try to do NOTHING BUT cs, I lose. It's very rare I determine how my lane plays or if it wins. All I can do to benefit the team is to try and survive while my stupid ass support goes and feeds and then blames me for not doing enough damage (LIKE I HAVE A CHOICE IN THAT!).

    Is this just a "me" problem, or am I not alone in thinking that you're literally useless in botlane if you don't have an amazing smurf support or jungler or the enemy lane decides to troll? It all just feels like whoever gets the smurf wins...

    submitted by /u/Dr_Spots
    [link] [comments]

    Can I help my boyfriend to not tilt while we duoq?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 08:55 AM PST

    My boyfriend has major tilt problems, and I would consider myself 100% tilt-proof. I've tried explaining my mindset to him to help him not tilt, but he says he just can't switch his mindset over. He says he can't help it because he is too competitive. I see this in other games we play, he is always salty when he loses. I understand not being able to just flip a switch in your brain, but I really need him to chill tf out while we play because it makes the game extremely unfun.

    My mindset for not tilting is super simple: it's a video game, I do not know or care about any of these people and I'm just here to have fun playing a cool game. When people flame, I laugh at them for wasting their own time.

    On the other hand, my boyfriend feels like he has to flame back, he complains loudly out of game when he or anyone misplays, slams his fists on his desk, and makes really crappy comments about himself and others. I'm pretty close to telling him I wont play with him anymore with his crappy attitude. Especially with the knowledge that his attitude towards everyone else on the team probably reflects how he feels when I misplay, but he would never say anything so crappy to me. (I take no BS and he knows it)

    But I don't want to stop playing with him! The games we win are so fun, and we have a great time. I love the game itself and my main champ is so cool. He's the only person I play league with and I'm frankly not interested in grinding soloq (I have better uses of my time)

    He has allchat muted already, and I don't think muting team chat would help because he gets pissed off enough at his own mistakes to account for a whole team flaming.

    TL,DR : boyfriend gets super mad at his and teams misplays, his anger makes me not want to play, but I only want to play with him. Can I help him not tilt somehow?

    submitted by /u/MariaLeaves
    [link] [comments]

    Why aren't Mage adcs played more than Marksmen adcs?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 08:07 AM PST

    Since my time playing this game I've always heard that adc marksmen are weak, vulnerable and in a really bad spot in a meta. I also hear that mages like Cass and Swain can be played botlane to great effect and end up being potent threats that aren't consistently one-shot by assassins.

    With this being the case, why is the playerbase so reliant on Marksmen and very rarely dip into more successful Mages for bot? Serious question, I honestly don't get the logic here.

    submitted by /u/Sabodew
    [link] [comments]

    Passive laning vs aggression?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 04:20 AM PST

    I've been learning Lux mid with the occasional Ziggs, Xerath, and Malzahar. My laning phase is, in large part, relatively passive. I'm not extremely confident in my outplay ability and I like to let the wave push to me, farm it up, and scale for later in the game. I understand this poses problems in terms of prio and roaming, so I tend to push wave and go more aggressive when I anticipate there may be a fight or my laner is looking to roam (e.g. if scuttle is up) and I do poke the enemy laner, but I will say that my overall laning phase is more about farming than anything else. If I do play aggressive, it's via hard shoving the wave and making it impossible for the enemy laner to roam, with some poke added in as well. Are these two strategies generally okay for mid or should I be going more aggressive and trading with the hopes of getting a solo kill in most of my games?

    For context, I'm bronze, so very low elo and the vast majority of my opponents afk push without roaming, so laning phase seems to be more about farming than fighting.

    submitted by /u/NotTheTrueKing
    [link] [comments]

    How to WARD (ADC Vision Guide)

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 09:48 AM PST

    Hey guys! I'm evnes, a former Season 10 Challenger Player. I got this question a lot when I was coaching people so I figured a lot of people actually have this question.

    I decided I'd make a small no-edit Youtube video giving you guys tips on how to ward and vision in general.

    Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1bqbvQaCxA

    If you guys liked it, I'm a completely new streamer that also makes Youtube videos sometimes. Please check me out ^-^ (evneslol on Twitch)

    submitted by /u/evneslol
    [link] [comments]

    My friend is a new player and i dont know what to teach him first

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 04:44 PM PST

    My friend started playing a week ago and he decided hes gonna play Midlane. His first champion is sylas but he doesnt know the basic things such as : warding , runes , counterpicking and such. And i need help on what to teach him first in your opinion. I tried teaching him csing but he has a hard time understanding on how to do it.

    submitted by /u/PracticalBuilder
    [link] [comments]

    Is midgame freezing ever viable in mid-ELO (gold/plat)?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 04:29 PM PST

    By midgame freezing, what I mean is freezing the wave at your tier 2 (inner) turrets. This forces your lane opponent to over extend for experience/gold, and can effectively starve them of resources after having taken your turret, especially if no other turrets have fallen.

    I feel like whenever I try to do this, a fight will inevitably break out in the jungle or at some objective, and the enemy laner of that frozen lane will just be there for a person advantage, whereas I'm still freezing. I saw a streamer once even say that an early rift in his lane (toplane) was bad because his lane opponent could just freeze and starve him out of resources. If I do that, I don't think my team could play around it and instead I'll get pinged.

    So am I correct in thinking that it's only viable high-ELO where people play around the freeze?

    submitted by /u/lifesucks26
    [link] [comments]

    How do you explain that if the enemy is constantly having 3+ top the bot lane should push?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 04:22 PM PST

    I play illaoi almost exclusively, and a problem im having is, once they realize they cant 1v1 or 2v1 me, they send a minumum of 3 people to fight me. I often take at least one person with me even in this scenario. But no matter what i tell my team, they just stay in the middle of lane and the turrets arent falling. Ive had games where all 5 are top trying to fight me and bot tower is still standing.

    submitted by /u/all-day-tay-tay
    [link] [comments]

    Viktor vs. Jayce

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 04:07 PM PST

    Lore aside, where Viktor is obviously more noble than Jayce, or skins, where they are without a doubt equally matched. where do these champions stand in terms of being a better champion?

    1. Who is easier to climb with due to skill floor?
    2. Who is better now as far as the meta is shaping up for S11?
    3. Who has a skill set and playstyle better suited for the majority of playerbase (silvers and golds?)
    4. Who has the higher skill ceiling, or rewards champion mastery better?
    submitted by /u/HyruleanTV
    [link] [comments]

    When should you rush mobi boots as a support?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 04:02 PM PST

    My buddy and I duod, I was jinx he was rell. We were vs an ezreal yuumi. He said ima rush mobis to get to them faster, and dodge their skill shots. I'm like bro no, you're gonna have no resistences, and we won't be able to fight them when you get on top of them, ez will shred u, you rush mobis if you're gonna concede the lane and roam. He's like naw bro watch. He goes in with mobis, dies quickly, and I just had to run away cuz ez was only half hp with a yuumi, and sums up.

    I'm pretty sure I'm right, that you don't rush mobis (especially on a champ like rell which seems to want to just fight in lane cuz cc and tank) unless you're gonna roam alot, and it's next to useless in laning phase. Can someone confirm or deny this.

    He was also building sunfire after the mobis which im pretty sure is int as support cuz it fucks my wave up lol. Especially if you fall behind.

    submitted by /u/yeehaw_partner123456
    [link] [comments]

    Guide to Improve Your Mechanics (from ex-Season 10 Challenger)

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 02:58 PM PST

    Hey! I'm evnes, a Season 10 700 LP Challenger Peak ADC main.

    People often ask me how to improve their mechanics after watching me, so I figured I'd just give everyone tips via a Youtube video ^-^

    Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghVtoDrUqcQ

    If you guys liked it, please consider also checking me out on Twitch (evneslol) ^-^

    submitted by /u/evneslol
    [link] [comments]

    Haven't really played since Kai'Sa and I'm overwhelmed.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 03:23 AM PST

    The new item shop and the way the items work now is my biggest confusion. Sure, there's a dozen champions I need to better familiarize with, but I can do that.

    1. How has the suggested items worked out so far? I was reading that it's constantly changed around high level play and also situational detections based on how your match is going. Is it doing well?

    2. Can someone help me wrap my head around mythic items? You can only own one, and the only mythic bonus is a stat buff to other items?

    3. What's ability haste and how does it differ from CDR?

    4. What are the biggest map and meta changes that I should be aware of? Who should I be scared of right now?

    5. Are Runes and Keystones about the same, or are there big changes here too?

    Sorry for the dump of questions. Going away for three sets of season changes really makes this game completely different and hard to pick up again.

    submitted by /u/Abbx
    [link] [comments]

    How to lane against Mordekaiser top lane

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 10:09 AM PST

    I'm an illaoi main, and I know it's already a terrible matchup because Mords ult gets rid of my tentacles but even when I play someone else I can never seem to do well because of his passive. I'm able to go even against him when I play other champs but I eventually end up losing tower. The main problem is that his passive seems to do too much damage to me. I try to keep trades short but I just get pulled back into him. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Dcosmic720
    [link] [comments]

    Most/all lanes are pushed, what to do as Jungler?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 09:46 AM PST

    Whenever I play Shaco I try to gank when possible but I get people saying "You're Shaco gank more" (coming from the pushed or hard losing lanes) so I try to gank more but AFAIK Shaco isn't that great at diving, even post-6. Them being pushed also results in the enemy jg coming for their booty followed up by some "friendly" side chat blaming me for it when I only have so many wards. So is there anything to do besides gank a non-pushed lane or farm/invade when most lanes are hyper shoved?

    submitted by /u/BlackKaiserDragon
    [link] [comments]

    Is my performance supposed to be influenced by my teammates?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 09:39 AM PST

    I know it sounds odd, but hear me out. I play a lot of adc and jungle. My performance is HEAVILY dictated by my teammates, but I constantly hear the point of not blaming teammates for games.

    In jungle, I can spam ping an objective, and regardless if my bot or mid has pressure and lane prio, they normally don't come. Granted, I am in gold. During a skirmish, I'll notice that my team normally runs from a fight we can easily win. In other games, my top laner will feed the enemy Big Smoke's order and spam ping me to come. At this point, I just come to make them happy, and crazily enough, we both die. My midlaner will ping me to come while at full hp and mana, and when I do, half the time they don't follow (even if there's no enemy vision, no wave to catch, etc.). I understand that there's plenty I can do to improve my self-performance, but I can only go so far because I feel like I trust my team too much.

    ADC is similar. I praise every good support I get, but that's a 10% chance I get one that knows what they're doing. Usually they're autofilled, which is fine until they start making positioning mistakes and taking bad trades. I tend to follow up just so they don't get mad at me for staying back. I don't ping my jungler unless I know it's a good trade to take in bot lane (they're pushed, summs down, heavy cc on cd, etc.). I do my best to help my jungler in case they're getting invaded. When drags are up, there's a 33% chance they go to it. 33% of the time, they are top side. 33% is them bot side but not checking and we don't have vision.

    I understand this post makes me seem like I'm doing something wrong, and I think I am as well. The underlying question I have is if I'm relying on my team too much considering I'm in gold. I watch a bit of high elo gameplay and aspire to have the ability to follow up and skirmish like they do, but I also feel it's unrealistic in gold. Please help!

    submitted by /u/WheredMyVanGogh
    [link] [comments]

    How to play against tristana.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 07:57 AM PST

    I played vlad toplane and i got fucked by some dude on tristana. Now the question is, how to play against her? She outranges me, her bomb deals damage even if i use the pool and in case she is gonna die soon she either jumps out of my range or use her ult on me.

    submitted by /u/prttycynical
    [link] [comments]

    how to "descend" from D4

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 01:51 AM PST

    Hello fellow summoners, sorry for the odd title and the probably pretty common question, but I'd like to tell you about my problem, and highly appreciated if you could give any answers :)

    (TL/DR) really want to improve from d4-d3 level of play, and would like to know about what i should keep in mind or on what to focus to improve as best as i can (playing only top, camille, fiora, darius, other tanks and bruisers)

    So, first off about me, I'm right now a platinum 2 toplaner, peaked in D4 once (when D5 was still a thing), but moreso out of luck and haven't really had the motivation to improve much (i literally started to impress someone i liked years ago, which is why the motivation kinda went poof once i reached diamond).

    Now, about 2 seasons later, filled with normal games, flex queue (which i played alot more than solo queue, and i also reached diamond in now), and about 100 ranked games in total in that time, gaining mostly experience with other champions, not being that focussed on learning about the game, i suddenly got the motivation to join a team, which i did. Now the thing is this team plays generally in a mid dia-high dia level, while i see myself as a maximum of d4-d3 on good days, since i lack some mechanics and mostly knowledge.

    Because of all this, and me really finding to like the team that I'm in, i got a huge burst of motivation to finally improve again, playing solo queue etc, which has been going okay, but I am very sure that at Plat 1/D4 i will most likely start to struggle as I've always seen this huge difference of consistency between me and D2+ players (i did have more impact that a d2 toplaner in a scrim recently, even though it was a bad matchup, but i think that was moreso luck).

    What i know about the game is, or the way i should play it is usually (for camille, my beloved main):

    for earlygame depending on matchup try to survive and scale, if possible get a kill and snowball, abusing wave management to get the maximum pressure (I would say my wave management is one of my strengths, but some tips on it for higher level would still be nice), keep my eyes on the map, as i can very quickly follow with camille and try to get kills/just be there, and try to be there as best as i can for objectives without missing too many minions.

    for midgame i really am kind of clueless, and i feel like the biggest weakness of player on my level is the lack of certainity on what to do midgame/lategame, but what i usually do is, if I'm behind i try to farm up where i can, not take too many risks, obviously refrain from building damage and going rather tanky (on camille not really possible, but other champs like darius), avoid 5v5s as the enemy top will destroy my team, and quickly try to snatch people with camille catch potential. If I'm ahead i literally just try to push in whatever sidelane is free and roam around like a serial killer looking for his next target, on bruisers/tanks i usually stick to my team, try to help setting up vision and fight as much as possible, if my team is able to ofc

    lategame all i do is try to be with my team, or splitpush depending on the situation (i splitpush on the opposite side of the big objective coming up pretty much always when i have to up, if i dont i will usually try to split on the side it is up), and just look for either important catches or just teamfights if we can.

    One thing i really never properly know how to tell, is which warding totem i should go for later in the game, i usually go oracle lens if they have things like teemo/shaco, blue trinket if I'm a squishy splitpusher like camille/fiora to spot enemies without having to facecheck too much, and stay yellow trinket on those big chonkers to just run around and place as much vision as i can, obviously i use pinks but I'm not 100% sure where to place them all the time after laning phase, i usually either place them for more vision during splitpush or near the next objective coming up.

    I feel like especially on tanks, considering how broken they are i could do way more than i am currently doing, i love to play cho or sion, and what i usually do is be careful in earlygame, scale up and just run around with my team and teamfight, which leads me to another one of my big weaknesses: my cs score midgame/lategame, i find D2+ players often being WAY closer to perfect cs than i am but still being present on the map, on pretty much every champion other than heavy splitpushers like fiora i find myself having maybe 100-120 cs at minute 20, especially if I'm either behind or snowballing hard (since i roam around alot there to try to extend my lead to the team).

    Sorry for this abomination of a wall of text, and i also apologize for any mistakes in language, as I'm not a native english speaker, but i hope some of you could provide some solid advice for a classic d4 player like me :') thanks alot for reading!!

    submitted by /u/SirEarlywood
    [link] [comments]

    How do we determine an item's gold efficiency?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 08:02 AM PST

    So I've been trying to prove to some friends that the first 2 dragons are worthless in stats, and that they are basically a net loss unless you get soul. TO prove that, I would need to know how much gold every stat is worth. How do I find that? I know some websites could probably tell me "10 AD is worth xG", but how do they know that? Do they just base themselves off of an item's cost? If so, how do they know that this item is 100% efficient, and not, let's say, 110%?

    What is the math behind item's gold efficiency

    submitted by /u/ChromedCat
    [link] [comments]

    How to up CS

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 01:07 AM PST

    So I'm usually a Support Main but I've been dipping my feet into Midlaners recently with Ahri.

    Now I've noticed that my CS is god awful. By the end of a match my CS will be somewhere between 50 and 100, while the enemy midlaner will be around 200+.

    Now I've beentrying the "strategy" I've seen in many replays,with is keeping your auto attack until my minions bring down the enemy creeps to just a smidge of health so I can last hit, but often my minions take the last hit away from me.

    Does someone have any advice on how to get a better CS?Should I shove the wave more aggressively in general?

    Edit:I just did as advised and played a training tool match, just me and minions (Played Ahri without runes just to get the pure experience)

    From start to finish it took 17 minutes to finish the game and I got a CS of 103 and earned around 6k gold.Still an awful CS, but I'm working on it.

    submitted by /u/cursed-siren
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment