• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 14, 2020

    LoL Guide Champion Pool Megathread: March

    LoL Guide Champion Pool Megathread: March


    Champion Pool Megathread: March

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 07:57 AM PST

    If you need help with what roles or champs to play, feel free to comment in this thread. Be sure to help out others by answering questions as well!


    There have always been lots of posts on /r/summonerschool asking for help with champion pools or advice on what roles to play/swap to. Since these threads are only applicable to a single person -- the creator of the posts -- we have created a megathread to keep more generally applicable threads on the frontpage.

    If you have any questions about rounding out your champion pool or identifying your strengths and weaknesses, post a question! Feel free to include a link to your op.gg profile if you wish. Remember that the more detailed questions will get more fulfilling answers.

    If you're a new player, consider checking out this page for champion recommendations as well as other beginner advice, guides, and explanations of champion classes/roles.


    Here are some guidelines for posting in this thread. You don't necessarily have to answer these questions, but they do help responders give better advice.

    1. What are you looking for help with?

    2. Who do you currently play?

    3. Why do you play them?

    4. How do you play them? What is your playstyle? What role do they fulfill?

    5. What are you good at? What do you want to be good at?

    Also be sure to check out websites like https://lolalytics.com/ and www.op.gg to add some statistical basis to your judgements.

    submitted by /u/Caedei
    [link] [comments]

    Free coaching for you all (Coaching community)

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I am the owner of LegendsCoaching.

    A while ago I had this idea of creating a discord server with the goal to connect coaches and students together and all that completely for free. Meanwhile we are more than 70 active coaches on the server and a total member count of more than 4K people!

    I am aware that many people have concerns of whether this is truly free so I took a recent screenshot of the review channel https://imgur.com/a/iELyYBo

    There is no hidden paywall and it is really important to me that everything stays for free, people who don't follow that rule are strictly removed.

    invite link: https://discord.gg/qg3Udsw

    I thought some of you might be interested in this so I am welcoming you to join =)

    Also, coaches need to be at least platinum 1 (current or last season) and have to go through an application system to get approved. We are working closely with the coaches and want to help them get a good experience as well by collecting feedback of their sessions and more!

    Here is a video of me introducing the server: https://youtu.be/f9aB9g-2Yqo

    I have never expected to get so many like minded people together in one place and I am really proud of how far we have come. Yet I have even bigger plans for the future. If you like the idea join the server and let us know :D In case you have any further questions feel free to ask me anytime :)

    submitted by /u/SwaggyBone
    [link] [comments]

    You can Crucible yourself right before a stun.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    So, I'm a proud main support for roughly 6 years and I've just found out today (accidentally) that you can use your active of Mikael's Crucible on yourself right before a stun and get successfully cleansed. I was playing a Zilean Support match earlier today against a Qiyana. But one time she ulted me and by sheer reflex, I used the item just at the right timing before it hit me. And it worked. I was so surprised because I've learned something super important just by having some weird reflex.

    Edit: I wasn't knocked back by her ultimate, she ulted the wall far from me.

    submitted by /u/GTromp
    [link] [comments]

    What level should you stop playing blind pick?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 08:19 AM PDT

    Blind pick is fun, especially if you want to quickly level an account up from wins, but at what point do you simply quit and mainly play draft?

    The quality of players really goes downhill with a new account on level 20. There is just so much to deal with on the blind level that it makes me hate to play. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/realJohnnyHobo
    [link] [comments]

    How do you get champions to revive? Is it an item you buy?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    I know some champions like Anivia I think naturally have a chance to revive themselves, however I saw a video where Ahri got revived. I didn't know she could get revived and I main her, I was wondering how you get that. Cause there have been many situations where I would've been able to survive had I been able to be revived. Is it a specific item you buy? A rune?

    submitted by /u/melwfsn
    [link] [comments]

    After how many games should I take my WR on one champ seriously?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 03:34 AM PDT

    Started ranked with my main Qiyana yesterday and had a rough patch where I lost 3 games out of 4 despite playing decent I'd say. But that's 3 out of like the first 100 I plan to play with her. Yet I can't help and be slightly shaken by this rocky start.

    When should I look at my mains and go "yeah this isn't working"?

    Fun fact, got auto filled ADC in that fourth game and crushed that on a role I never play. Wtf :'D

    submitted by /u/iDHasbro
    [link] [comments]

    How to know when something is good enough to take into ranked / consistency

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 12:09 PM PDT

    What do most people feel like are the qualifications that something is good enough to take into ranked? I feel like this would be easier if I were just taking my main champ into ranked, but I am trying to swap roles and I don't know how to gauge if I'm in a good position to do so or not.

    Also, what do people recommend when it comes to trying to have more consistency in your playstyle? For instance, I'm playing adc and I feel like my whole game revolves around how my support plays, so I never feel like I really achieve any form of consistency with my own play. Are there any metrics I should be looking for?

    submitted by /u/sleepystevie3000
    [link] [comments]

    does it matter if i don’t play AD champions?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 01:02 AM PDT

    hey guys,

    so i'm still quite the new player and have been spending a lot of time playing with different champions in attempts to choose a maximum of 2 champions to main. my favourite champions in the game ( and I've played a good majority ) are Ekko and Sylas - the 2 champions I want to play consistently without worrying about any other champions.

    now, both of these champions are obviously AP champions. my worry is that i jump into a ranked game and my team decides to play a ALL AP, meaning we need AD so we don't have a rough time dealing damage in the later game - only problem is, i don't play any AD champions.

    what do you guys recommend i do? i don't really want to play any more than 2 champions in this game - as I believe mastering a small champion pool is going to help me climb most effectively. if the chance this did happen, and my team does need AD, should I just use extremely easy champions despite never using them before?

    sorry if this is a noob question. would love some help from some more experienced players. thanks!

    ( mid lane main , Silver 2 player ).

    submitted by /u/tempermentaltyrant-
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips for a bronzy?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    So...yea I'm bronze 1 currently and I play a ton of mordekaiser, but my problem is I think I lack consistency, some games I'd go 9-1 and some games I'll just go 0-10. I notice that whenever I'm feeding my ass off its usually because I die because of a gank, even though I have a ward placed to spot the enemy jungler I still somehow miss them and then I just die. I want to always try and carry my team but maybe I'm just bad?

    Also I'm extremely insecure about my macro, I feel like I can't make the right calls and that whatever I'm doing macro wise is always wrong. As I've said I play a lot of morde but I just don't know when I need to tp down bot or maybe roam to mid to help. I used to think that I was decent and that the reason why I can't get out of bronze is because of my teammates, but I lately realized that the reason why I can't climb up is because I'm pretty garbage myself and that there's so much more I need to work on.

    Or perhaps I really just suck at the game and theres nothing I can do about it.

    submitted by /u/FarefaxT
    [link] [comments]

    I can only play enchanters and I'm not sure what to do

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 06:32 AM PDT

    Hi all

    So as the title says, I really enjoy playing enchanters in this game (mostly Janna), and for whatever reason I just CAN'T get into other champs. This is fine, except I've recently been put into my second choice lane (either mid or top) quite a lot even though support is my primary role, and every game feels like pretty much a loss from the outset. I was fine playing enchanters top (I know most people hate this - sorry) until the recent support item nerfs in a solo lane, and now I'm a bit stuck.

    So, are there any champs that have similar styles that my enchanter experience can be used for? I know Karma is viable top and mid but I still seem to get rolled with her....

    submitted by /u/SpaghettiSquash123
    [link] [comments]

    Maxing W first instead of E?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 03:45 PM PDT

    Hello. I've been maining Pyke for quite a while now and I started to notice something on some guides and videos- People are maxing W first instead of E.

    I've been maxing E ever since I started playing Pyke so have I been doing it wrong?

    Is it better? If so what are the advantadges?

    submitted by /u/InvaderZix
    [link] [comments]

    Question

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    I was looking on the Catalyst app at heroes since I don't have LoL. I noticed Cassiopeia has a max difficulty bar, and I wondered why that was, I saw her scalings and they seem kinda low for what (looks like) an ability based Marksman. Can someone explain why this is?

    submitted by /u/DontTh1nkab0utD0gPrk
    [link] [comments]

    Kayn runes

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    I've recently picked up kayn I'm currently bronze 4 and I'm kinda new to the game and I'm still kind of a noob when it comes to builds and runes

    But I had an idea for shadow assassin where instead of using dark harvest and taste of blood could you maybe use electrocute and sudden impact since in that form he seems to have high burst damage and having electrocute would make that burst even better

    Would it it be effective at my rank or should I just stick with using dark harvest vs squishies

    If u think it won't work let me know why please

    submitted by /u/borkozy
    [link] [comments]

    How do I win more games in Bronze?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 04:17 PM PDT

    So I am currently bronze this season, past season I made it to Silver barring last season where I didn't play ranked at all, and was wondering how I should be playing to winn more games, because atm it seems more like a crapshoot even if I get fed.

    I have tried several roles with several play styles and end up in the same situation it feels, either large win streak into large lose streak or a win/lose streak. I have tried split pushing champs, team fight champs, high CC champs, ADC, roaming assassin, scaling champs, etc. and it still seems like if I get fed the games have a high chance to drag on and either lose a game losing team fight or they get to fed for me to carry.

    I do recognize when I make bad plays, and try to communicate with my team to make plays that could win the game for us, but I end up finding my teammates usually end up taking offense to it or play won't listen.

    submitted by /u/QuantumSolaris
    [link] [comments]

    Benefit of using ward right before picking up rift herald?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 10:00 AM PDT

    Isn't it a good idea to use your ward / sweeper right before picking up rift herald? While holding rift you cant use trinket anyway so might as well have it on cool down? I see no high elo streamers do this (i first saw this concept from youtuber Jay Sea)

    submitted by /u/whenwedrinkwithlarry
    [link] [comments]

    Is taking the time to learn to play all the roles worth it?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 06:08 AM PDT

    I'm still really new to league and not entirely sure how it works and all that. I do mid and support secondary so I rarely get auto filled, but when I do I always end up feeding. I especially struggle with adc.

    So I was wondering, is it worth the time to learn how to play all the roles half-decently? Should I just not worry about it? Or should I try to really nail the fundamentals, will that help at all?

    submitted by /u/dontknowsosontaakme
    [link] [comments]

    Team Comp Questions

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    For clash my friends and I are all planning to play together. A lot of the team power comes from the adc and another guy who subs between jungle/support. I was wondering what are some good and safe picks we can give to our Top Lane and Mid Lane friends?

    submitted by /u/Makinu
    [link] [comments]

    How to approach Clash when whole team is falling apart?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    So after this day's Clash failure (with crashes and high pings and what-not) my team has finally broken down, but first a bit of context.

    My team and I have been great friends for a long time, and most of us bond over the game. All of us started playing around season 3, but one of us joined in season 8

    So my team consists of:
    Me, who has always been a jungle main, but turned top laner for season 10: Nothing special when it comes to skill, but not a noob . I would consider my LoL knowledge pretty high because i've played LoL from Season 3 and i've read all about the ins and outs. My Rank and MMR is around Gold 2-3.

    M: A fairly egotistical player who thinks he can play every lane better than anyone else, he feels like he should be the one to carry. He's a bit passive aggresive when it comes to me and D (more about him later). He took over the jungle role because he though i was not suited. He's around gold 1-2 ish.

    A: He's pretty humble and has a team spirit, but most important of all he's really good at the game, i mean like Masters level when it comes to micro and macro. He plays middle and no one contests that. Rank is High plat low diamond.

    S: He's a Top laner who is pretty skilled at the game but sometimes doesn't take things seriously, especially when tilted. He's really good but throws a lot and that pisses M a lot. Hes around mid plat.

    and finally,

    D: He's the newest when it comes to LoL but he knows his stuff, he's still pretty lost when it comes to the game after all, he's similar when it comes to S in the fact that he always gives up when tilted.

    Now, when Clash came out we were really excited to play, but it soon spiraled into chaos, flame and name-calling everywhere. I blamed D, D blamed S, S blamed M, M blamed Me, etc, etc...

    Now, we've played 10 clash games in total, and the farthest we've reached is Third place, we've never reached more than fifth place.

    Now, let's move to today, after losing the game because of some unfortunate throws and high ping (it was expected), we we're all pretty burned out.

    M is thinking about leaving the team because we're holding him back and A too, but A's logic is justified, he's MILES ahead of all of us, he masters lvl and we're gold lvl. Now M also wants to leave but he never accounts for himself.

    Now, i've said this to my team now and again, "There are much better steps to take before leaving, we can run scrims, review vods and the likes". But noooo, it's just stupid and doesn't help anything, it's our rank, says m...

    So, what do i do? Do i leave them to their demons? Do i try to converse with them? Do it just leave as well?

    submitted by /u/infernalteo
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding the R (In range: ) ping

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 03:06 PM PDT

    I usually ping my ult cd to let my team know whether or not to wait for it or engage for a combo etc. but sometimes it will say whether or not no enemy champs are in range. For example Yasuo R - Ready, In range: Ahri) or something like that. My question is what is the deciding factor for the in range to pop up. I have tried doing it in my ability bar and the tab R ping but it seems to be completely random no matter what champ either. Anyone know how it works or is it actually just straight up random?

    submitted by /u/Baleb14
    [link] [comments]

    I can't farm

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    Hi

    I'll cut straight to the point; it seems like I am physically incapable of farming. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with my hand movement or my coordination; I play fighting games on the side and I am able to perform complex combos fairly easily (Guilty gear yay)

    My problem seems to be that my brain simply cannot process the concept of farming. I always hit minions at the wrong time, I can never guess what minion my wave is going to target and I lose one or two minions conscistently per wave. Playing offensively, playing defensively, it doesn't matter. Sometimes I farm so bad that being under or outside the tower doesn't even matter. When I watch pro play, the most amazing thing to me is how they always seem to be able to tell which minion to attack with what spell and in what order.

    I am getting a bit sad and kind of desperate. I like league, I've been playing this game for 5 years and I have been knocking on the door of gold ELO for a whole season now. But no matter how hard I try or how much time spent in the new practice tool, I just don't get it.

    I make a post here to see if someone somewhere has shared my seemengly essencial incopatibility with the very concept of farming and to see if anyone has some advice for a person that horrendously struggles with this aspect of gameplay.

    As an added bonus; of course, I can't do ANYTHING involving wave management. I know the theory. Leave some minions alive for a freeze, just last hit for a slow push or use your abilities for a shove (preferrably when you got a big wave or when yoour enemy has backed). But, if I can't even properly cs, I naturally cannot do any of those "fancy" tricks.

    Hope someone out there is willing to help.

    submitted by /u/TGH-Joaquin
    [link] [comments]

    Darius' kit

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    Hello lads. I have a few questions that I would like to know the answers to. I've climbed to diamond as a top laner for the first time. I was a jungle main first but then shifted to top. I had a few questions regarding darius' passive specifically. The first question is does the bleeding from his passive reduce the healing of whoever he hits? Like executioners calling or thornmail or is it different? Second question is whether it's best to buy hp or armor against him. I'm confused about this part since his e gives him armour pent even against turrets and his ult gives true dmg. So what's best to buy against him?

    submitted by /u/TSM_Raven25
    [link] [comments]

    Activating hold for indicator

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    I know that quick cast is so much better, but when I'm playing skill shot champs, I need to have the indicator to see the range if I'm trying to snipe from a bush or something. How can Use quick cast for my spells, but when I hold down on the key it shows an indicator? This would make snipes easier but be better for fights when every ms counts. I see streamers doing this, please help.

    submitted by /u/Eball18
    [link] [comments]

    Trying the switch from top to jungle.

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    I wanted to move to the jungle role, because I feel like it can have a higher impact on game. I struggle too because I usually take ignite, and just try win and carry through my lane. Does anyone have any tips on clearing the jungle, ganking, or objective control? Whenever I play jungle I normally Gragas, Nocturne, or Kha Zix. Any body know if any educational you tubers to watch? Thank you I'm advance!!!!

    submitted by /u/DearMorning12
    [link] [comments]

    Tips about peeling your carry? Also about engaging a TF

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 10:10 AM PDT

    I am a platinum toplaner that used to playing juggernauts and bruisers. Im used to dealing tons of damage and just rushing on their carries. Im trying to learn tanks like maoki and ornn but I feel like im playing very poorly on them. The biggest problem I have is peeling, Im not really sure how to do it so if you have any tips for me I would appreciate it.

    Also: Ornn and maoki have ults that usually start a teamfight but im unsure of when is the right moment I should use them. How to know when its the right time to engage your team in a teamfight? as a brusier or juggernaut im usually just following an engage by someone else but making the engage is harder for me.

    submitted by /u/itaicool
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment