• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 13, 2020

    LoL Guide Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.10

    LoL Guide Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.10


    Simple Questions Simple Answers: Patch 10.10

    Posted: 13 May 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    Hello summoners!

    In order to create better discussion in the subreddit, we will be redirecting all simple questions to this thread. Check out the most recent patch notes on the sidebar!

    What is a simple question? Typically, we define a simple question as something that can be answered fully within a single, or maybe two at most, comments. In this thread, you can ask any question you need answered about League of Legends, even if it isn't necessarily about learning the game itself. Keep in mind we will still continue to remove golden rule violations, rants, memes, topics against Riot's ToS, and paid services - but the other rules are generally more lax here.


    What you can do to help!

    For now, this is a patch-based thread, meaning it will be posted once every two weeks. Checking back on this thread later in the patch and answering any questions that have been posted would be a huge help!

    If you're trying to ask a question, the more specific you are, the better it is for all of us! We can't give you any help if we don't get much to work with in the first place.


    Resources

    • Our 101 page, with a ton of free content!

    • Our weekly mentoring thread: We have many users willing to provide free mentoring services!

    • Champion discussions: Check out our previous discussions on champions!

    • Summoner School Discord: A voice and text chat platform for teaching and learning. We also have a mentors who are available for personal coaching.

    • Leagueofgraphs: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more.

    • Lolalytics: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more.

    • OP.GG: Stats site - winrates, pickrates and more. Note: stats are for Korea plat+ only, so sample sizes tend to be low.

     

    Which do you use? Deviations in stats are typically minor, so whichever one you prefer.


    If you have any suggestions for this thread, please let us know through modmail how we could improve!

    submitted by /u/furiousRaMPaGe
    [link] [comments]

    Champion Pool/Role Advice Megathread: May

    Posted: 13 May 2020 04:46 AM PDT

    If you need help with what roles or champs to play, feel free to comment in this thread. Be sure to help out others by answering questions as well!


    There have always been lots of posts on /r/summonerschool asking for help with champion pools or advice on what roles to play/swap to. Since these threads are only applicable to a single person -- the creator of the posts -- we have created a megathread to keep more generally applicable threads on the frontpage.

    If you have any questions about rounding out your champion pool or identifying your strengths and weaknesses, post a question! Feel free to include a link to your op.gg profile if you wish. Remember that the more detailed questions will get more fulfilling answers.

    If you're a new player, consider checking out this page for champion recommendations as well as other beginner advice, guides, and explanations of champion classes/roles.


    Here are some guidelines for posting in this thread. You don't necessarily have to answer these questions, but they do help responders give better advice.

    1. What are you looking for help with?

    2. Who do you currently play?

    3. Why do you play them?

    4. How do you play them? What is your playstyle? What role do they fulfill?

    5. What are you good at? What do you want to be good at?

    Also be sure to check out websites like https://lolalytics.com/ and www.op.gg to add some statistical basis to your judgements.


    Shout out to /u/Blasterus for answering all questions when the post wasn't pinned.

    submitted by /u/furiousRaMPaGe
    [link] [comments]

    Recalling after a major fight happens

    Posted: 13 May 2020 05:59 AM PDT

    Im primarily asking this for bot lane, as im a support main. So, say we got ganked by enemy jungler, and manage to survive the gank while scoring a kill on jungler. Everyone else is chunked and the wave is in the middle, so enemy laners decide to recall, and we do the same. However, i realize the upcoming wave is a cannon wave. Therefore, in such situations, what would be the optimal play? Pushing the cannon wave seems to have the advantages of getting a clean recall and not missing a cannon wave, while carrying the risk of getting roamed by enemy mid or top. As a support main, in what way i should attempt to influence the final decision, and in either way, what should i do to secure the best result?

    submitted by /u/SteveisNoob
    [link] [comments]

    Gold lead doesn't always mean you're ahead

    Posted: 13 May 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    Frequently at lower levels of play, junglers will get a 2-3 kill lead in the early game and be up 1K gold over their opponent. But failure to recall and spend the gold means you're actually behind in stats.

    I recently made a video talking about gold leads and how to translate them into snowball wins.

    The jungler should start looking to reset if they have at least 1K gold, only staying on the map if there is an immediate play that is a guaranteed advantage (not just farming or waiting for a gank).

    Ideally you are able to reset at a time when the enemy jungler can't impact the map:

    • Enemy jungler is dead
    • None of your teammates are gankable
    • You have vision of the enemy jungler and they can't make any plays on the map

    If you're able to reset and convert your gold lead into stats while the enemy jungler doesn't have map impact, there should be no way they get back into the game without sever misplay on your part.

    submitted by /u/WL_Kairos
    [link] [comments]

    As Veigar mid, is it better to follow the roaming enemy laner, or shove mid and farm for stacks?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 02:58 PM PDT

    My main champion to play is Veigar. I have mastery 7 on him with 226k mastery points, but one of the things I have never been sure about is following my enemy laner when they roam. Especially when it comes to the early game.

    Currently, I almost never follow my enemy laner due to the large amount of midlaners who have higher mobility then Veigar. I just ping missing and push in the wave to get stacks and possibly plates.

    But I want to know if this is the right call. It seems like half the time when I ping, my teammates "don't see it" and get killed by my laner. Which then makes my life a lot harder.

    So in what situations is it better to follow then it is to just shove and get stacks with my Q?

    submitted by /u/S1n0fG0bl1n
    [link] [comments]

    The reason why you have good kda's and lose games in low elo

    Posted: 13 May 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    I just got out of my morning normal game to warm up and i encountered this gold 4 m7 yasuo who was laning against a D4 Vlad, i was expecting him to lose lane but he instead demolished the vlad, he roamed well and was 7/1 by 15 minutes so i asked myself "why is this guy gold4?"....and then the midgame came...

    He fighted 3v1 4v2 4v1 he didnt care, since he was so fed he almost always ended up killing 2 or 3 people before going down, he splitpushed when we were all in our base and got colllapsed only to kill 3 people before dying.

    And the point is, being fed doesnt give you an excuse to play like a madman trying to kill everything in sight, more so when the rest of the team is even or behind (our botlane was 0/12), when you are fed you have to protect your lead, if you give a 1k gold shutdown to the already fed adc we are in big trouble

    1. play for objectives
    2. protect your shutdows for as long as you can
    3. dont overforce fights

    Ofc like a good yasuo player he blamed the team and flame the shit out of our botlane, but the truth is that he could have easily carried that game, this is not saying that unwinnable games dont exist but be mindful of how you play when you have to be carry

    submitted by /u/EmilianoR24
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people micro on attacking turrets?

    Posted: 12 May 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    Watching some vids of pros playing, I see they move back and forth when attacking turrets despite it not really doing anything. Why hit a turret, walk back 2 steps, walk back in, hit turret, walk back 2 steps, walk back in, hit turret, repeat?

    I can see why that'd be helpful when an enemy is around, but I even see its done when a gank would 100% be seen from a mile away and there's no possible skills hots to dodge.

    submitted by /u/ivanbin
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for Pyke?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    So I have recently decided to try and pick up Pyke to diversify my roles. I play Yi jungle, Darius/Mordekaiser top and Mordekaiser mid. I wanted to branch out into bottom lane, specifically the support role, so I chose Pyke. How should I effectively play him? I'm running a full lethality build with Black Cleaver for the attack damage, and a resolve/domination runeset.

    submitted by /u/NoSignal925
    [link] [comments]

    Support taking heal?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 03:19 AM PDT

    Basicaly why are supports expected to take heal all of a sudden ?

    i had 10+ games till now where adc want's his support to take heal so he can have another summoner .

    what happened to make this change happen?

    is this meta now?

    is it due to adc buffs?

    just curious i don't see the reason for it. seems like its just gimping supports.

    submitted by /u/hfrik1
    [link] [comments]

    Noob help request!

    Posted: 13 May 2020 09:32 AM PDT

    So I'm very new to LoL, like about 6 games ever.

    I was playing as wukong in bot lane with Miss Fortune and they where going mad cause I was last hitting. Is there something I don't understand with the mechanic as I thought that was the main way to get gold?

    Is there some sort of etiquette with farm that I wouldn't know about as of yet?

    submitted by /u/Phin4546
    [link] [comments]

    I hardwin lane (7/1,5/1) but then get clueless after laning phase on irelia

    Posted: 13 May 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    Im mid main trying to onetrick Irelia Mid and unlike my other mid champs i dont know what to do with her. I can go 7/1 in lane and completely smash the opponent but also end up 7/8 in the end meaning i didnt do anything other than die past laning phase I was wondering how can i exploit my advantage and what should i do mid to late game because as you can imagine its really frustrating to feel so good about winning the lane and end up losing.

    submitted by /u/Undrakar
    [link] [comments]

    I need some help playing as Qiyana from levels 1-3

    Posted: 13 May 2020 03:21 AM PDT

    I just recently started playing League around 2 months ago, and I'm trying to main Qiyana. Whenever I play her, levels 1 and 2 are very difficult. I can't farm without getting poked, which lowers my health, however if I try to stay back and use my Q for CS, I loose a lot of mana. Once I reach level 3, I'm always low on either health or mana, meaning I can't engage. It's starting to get frustrating since it usually ends up giving a lead to the enemy mid laner, especially if I can't get an early transition gank from my jungler to help me out.

    submitted by /u/BigChineseBird
    [link] [comments]

    Jax trading

    Posted: 13 May 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    Im a new Jax player and have been playing all of my lanes really aggressive to see what I can and can't do. I wanted to speed this process up and confirm what I already know.

    How do you trade on Jax into the champs -maokai -illaoi -darius -sett -teemo -morde -gnar -Jayce

    Basically I want to know what I should be looking for in these lanes like when they use an ability should I punish or should I wait for something else. And what lanes I cannot fight ever and should just freeze and out scale. Any advice would be very appreciated here is my op.gg https://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=Tabixx

    submitted by /u/ATabixx
    [link] [comments]

    When to shove and when to freeze

    Posted: 13 May 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm a bronze midlaner who is learning wave management, and I've been struggling in ranked about what to do with the minion wave. When should I push the wave and when should I freeze the enemy wave? Most of the time I freeze the enemy wave, it ends up badly and he farms easier than me, and whenever I try to shove wave it kinda gets hard to full shove. Some tips?

    submitted by /u/FalierTheCat
    [link] [comments]

    Should i gank a winning? or a losing lane?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 02:24 AM PDT

    I am gold 2 now, and i still don't know what lane to gank most of the time, i'm a kayn main, and i just normally gank lanes that has melee champs to get my rhaast form, but a couple of games earlier, i got demolished by a lee sin because he ganks a lot and my top lane and mid lane are losing, and they're asking for ganks, while my bot lane is a sett and draven, winning against a naut and a caitlyn. should i play around my bottom lane? or should i help my mid or top?

    submitted by /u/Mangoru_San
    [link] [comments]

    Buying Mejai when ahead considerably improved my gameplay (and thus my winrate)

    Posted: 13 May 2020 04:11 AM PDT

    I'm a LeBlanc/Ahri main, and whenever I get a huge lead early, I inconsciously start making hero moves, I'd try to trap in the jungle but go deeper than intended, I take risky fights because I know I have the damage and the mechanics to pull it off etc... Only, these kind of plays are coinflippy and are what makes me throw games.

    A while ago, a friend who's also maining LB in Master elo, saw one of my games where I stomped my lane but lost the game, and he told me I should buy Mejai more often. Before that, I'd only buy it as a last resort, when I'm the only one fed in the team and all my lanes are getting stomped so that I could somehow solo carry the game or help them get fed too asap. So I listened to my friend's advice and I started buying it every single time I got an early lead.

    I then noticed something, Mejai stacks were more of an incentive to me than winning the game ! I made less and less risky moves fearing I'd lose my stacks, every single fight was more calculated than before, I wouldn't go anywhere if I didn't have the vision or the knowledge on who's there.

    Buying mejai increased so much my winrate when having the lead since I kept that lead more often than not, and even when I don't buy it, I now play more cautiously than before.

    If you are having the same problem as me playing early AP assassins, you should practice with some mejai games, the item doesn't even need the 25 stacks to be efficient, it's also great around 10+ stacks since it gives you the bonus move speed and decent AP.

    submitted by /u/Landiesth
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on supports getting kills please!

    Posted: 13 May 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    Hi! I have an on and off relationship with League for the past five years. I used to play AP Mid Morgana, until I stopped! Now I got back in a new account and a new meta (I guess).

    I'm now a support playing mainly Morgana and Lux, and I do my best to keep my team happy: shield, ward, and stun. Sometimes, I even carry the game—looking at you Lux!

    But there are times when I would get comments from my carry like "Who's the carry here? Me or you? You keep getting the kills!" Yes, I admit to going for some kills whenever the opportunity presents itself, but I do prioritize the ADC to get the last hit; when I don't mean to get the kill, it's probably because the enemy was on Morgana's W as the carry was about to deal the final blow.

    Is it wrong for me to go for kills when the opportunity occurs? How do I explain to my carry whenever I get called out for getting kills?

    P.S. I even haven't started playing on ranked games, since this is a new account HAHA

    Thank you so much for your time!

    submitted by /u/adriankbloyola
    [link] [comments]

    What to do when laner plays super passive?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    I usually play Darius toplane, and I'm just wondering what I should do if my laner plays super passive and I can't get onto them.

    Usually, I try to freeze the wave and just zone them, but I feel like I don't get to snowball quite hard enough this way, especially in low elo where every other lane is a bloodbath so even if I'm 2/0 with like 100 to 30 cs at 13 minutes, it doesn't really matter if the enemy bot is 10/0.

    I do try to get herald, but I don't like to use it unless the tower is low enough to get one shot (am I being to stingy about this? Should I just use it whenever I can?).

    Otherwise, should I try to just crash my wave and roam? The problem is just obviously if I'm top I can only really roam mid, but being Darius with no gap closers if my mid doesn't follow up it pretty much ends up being a waste of time letting my laner catch up.

    It's not impossible to roam into the enemy jungle but in low elo solo queue there's just no guarantee my jungle will follow me or my mid will follow their mid if I get rotated on, not to mention Darius doesn't really take camps too well so I'd have to track the enemy jungler if I want to catch them.

    Also, I take ghost pretty much every game so I don't have the option to tp for drag or any big fights botlane, my best option being to cancel enemy tp if they're close enough.

    So yeah, as an immobile lane bully, what should I do if my laner plays super safe and doesn't let me snowball?

    submitted by /u/WynnChairman
    [link] [comments]

    What should I know about Aphelios?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    Hey there guys, beginner here! I just leveled up and got an Aphelios shard from my loot box. I don't have enough blue shards, but I might unlock him sooner or later.

    Anyways, I heard he's one of the most complex — if not the most complex — champs in the game, considering his five weapons and no third ability. Interestingly, I've only faced him twice: once from Arams and once in normal drafts, so I've really never seen him in action that much.

    So if I do want to play him, what crucial things should I know to play him decently? Any tips would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Crazy-Ocelot
    [link] [comments]

    How does max HP items work with Kled?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 05:47 AM PDT

    So i like playing kled alot lately and i was wondering one thing.

    How does max HP work with kled?

    Kled has skaarl and 2 seperate healthbars (one for kled and one for skaarl) so how does the max HP or anything that works of of hp work with kled? Does it calculate the combined health of both skaarl and kled or does it just take either kled or skaarls health?

    And any tips from kled mains on runes or playstyle? i would really like to main him. He seems so fun but yet so weak depending on how well you do early against enemies in lane.

    I appreciate every answer i get. Thanks in advanced and have a nice day!

    submitted by /u/Brummelhummel
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice on climbing, I've read every single Reddit post and still can't climb

    Posted: 13 May 2020 05:33 PM PDT

    I main jungle in the league and I main Evelynn, Rammus, and Kayn. I always get my lane ahead but still lose the game. I'm an objective-based person and always get dragons and rift. We even lost the game when we have dragon souls. Teammates always flames each other especially adc flaming support. I honestly don't know how to carry game in league anymore. My op.gg is Lightblubgum. Please check out the recent games, not the games from 15+ days ago. It has been really tough and rough to climb

    submitted by /u/MOnnyking
    [link] [comments]

    About identifying win conditions

    Posted: 13 May 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    Last night I played a game where I disagreed with our jungler's lane focus, and I didn't say anything about it but I was curious as to if my idea of our win condition was correct or if I was missing something. I guess I'll try to explain my thought process as to which lanes were our win condition, and i would like to hear other opinions, on why I may have been wrong or why someone has a different opinion. Also, it was normals and we won the game handedly regardless so I'm just asking purely out of curiosity.

    Our team composition was Maokai top, Sett jungle, Leblanc mid, and Ashe/Zyra bot lane (red side, I was Zyra). The enemy composition was Olaf top, Karthus jungle, Yasuo mid, and Ezreal/Yuumi bot lane (blue side).

    Our jungler Sett only played around Top and Mid. He never came bot (which isn't a big deal but is just more information to help people make an educated opinion). Even with all of the attention that Sett was giving Maokai, Maokai continuously got solo killed by the enemy Olaf. In my head, regardless of how top lane goes, Maokai will always scale to become really tanky and Olaf will always scale to become a melee minion. I also think that our bot lane had a really high chance to snowball the game out of control (I specifically picked Zyra to partner well with Ashe for lots of pressure and kill potential). I know that Ezreal Yuumi is typically a harder lane to punish, but we had 2v2 killed them in lane and to say the least, they weren't very good at dodging abilities. Sett also ended up giving up two uncontested drakes to Karthus and let him free farm, just to provide a little more info.

    In a scenario like that, was it better to focus on top/mid rather than bot/mid? I think it's obvious to focus on the volatile matchup in mid, but was there any benefit to camping top rather than bot? Thanks you for help!

    submitted by /u/Unable-Canary
    [link] [comments]

    How should I behave in top lane?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    I recently have been struggling to survive laning phase against matchups like darius, renekton, camille and other bullying champions. I usually play more mechanical champions like riven, jayce, fiora and I get frustrated really easy whenever I die to a gank or lose a 1v1, making me tilt and the enemy toplaner just snowball the game. I don't know if I should be playing other champions like wukong or play safe or I don't know if I'm just not good enough and the elo I'm is the limit for me.

    submitted by /u/Psycho_Yuno
    [link] [comments]

    Is Nasus OP?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 05:13 PM PDT

    I've never personally played him but if he can get good stacks in his Q its almost impossible to kill him. He slows you down and you can't run either and that is all without having his teammates near him. As an ADC what do I build to hit him hard. He just won't get chunked down once he is fed. He just kills the entire team without breaking a sweat.

    submitted by /u/AR7Awesome
    [link] [comments]

    How can I help a support main become comfortable in other roles?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    My friend is an excellent support but she wants to explore other roles. She has been a support since starting to play and therefor lack a lot of the mechanics you learn in other roles which causes problems whenever she's in a different lane. I know if she endured it she'd improve with time but being stomped in lane leads to her being far too hard on herself and returning to queue as support for a few weeks for this process to then repeat itself. I do what I can to help (which often means jungling and camping her lane) which I admit in the end isn't that useful for her learning the role but in reality the problem I'm dealing with now is getting her to play more than one game before giving up. I don't know whether new accounts is a solution worth exploring as our current normal mmr is quite low (silver/bronze) as is and I feel like new accounts end up at similar mmr - I don't know how long it takes for a new account to derank to iron in normals?

    It makes me so sad to see her give up so easily and I don't know how I can help her. She knows it takes time and practice but it doesn't seem to matter. I understand how frustrating it is to realize you're below your expectations and being stomped in lane EVERY match is no doubt tilting and would make me depressed too. If you've been through something similar or know someone who did please share what worked for you. I'd appreciate any advice you have to offer.

    submitted by /u/codezerofifteen
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment