• Breaking News

    Monday, July 13, 2020

    League of Legends Monday Megathread! Ask questions and share knowledge; newcomer questions encouraged!

    League of Legends Monday Megathread! Ask questions and share knowledge; newcomer questions encouraged!


    Monday Megathread! Ask questions and share knowledge; newcomer questions encouraged!

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    Welcome to the latest Monday Megathread, where you the community get to ask your questions and share your knowledge.

    Need help against a certain champion? Unsure how and where to ward? Looking to improve your csing? This is the place to ask. This weekly thread is a place for new players to ask questions and get help/advice from more experienced players. So, don't hold back, get your game related questions ready and post away, and hopefully someone can answer them!

    Previous threads


    If you wish to just view top level comments (ie questions) add ?depth=1 to the end of the page url.

    Looking to chat with people live? Come check out our discord channel here! We also have the channel #new-player-help if you want to ask questions there.

    If you are willing to learn, /r/SummonerSchool and its respective discord are always willing to teach.


    Basic Mechanics explanation in our Wiki

    New Player Guide by /u/The-All-Tomato

    Riot's New Player Guide

    LolEsports New Viewer Guide

    Other:

    Please sort this post by new, so that you can see the newer, unanswered questions.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    G2 Esports renew their entire roster through 2022

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    [FANART] Ahri: Knight.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 11:07 AM PDT

    [FANART] Ahri: Knight.

    I've been trying to explore a more personal side in my drawings for a while.

    It is a complex and difficult process to discover the meaning of your drawings because it involves knowing yourself. Trying to see what is beyond your personal tastes and translate it into a drawing seems simple, but it is not at all.

    In this way, I want to share the first drawing of what my personal journey will be like. I hope to find my place and create drawings that make me feel more and more represented.

    I hope you like this vision that I love of one of my favorite League characters, Ahri.

    More LoL art on my [Twitter @/HawHaeAe] (https://twitter.com/HaeHaeAe) & [Instagram @/nixeuu] (https://www.instagram.com/nixeuu)

    Can you imagine if Ahri had definitely gone astray? I am struck by the idea that she would have manipulated Swain, ruling his empire from the shadows just for fun (initially recruited for being a skilled captain or something). Who would not want this totalitarian furry torturing the poor souls of Noxus and its conquests?

    submitted by /u/4gasshi
    [link] [comments]

    My friend said "I'll place a vision ward as bait, people can't resist killing a vision ward"

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    When Riot Makes a Top Laner (satire)

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    As a lowly silver player trying to climb, I find it extremely frustrating that I can only sometimes read item descriptions in the client.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    Sources: Origen acquire Vitality's Jactroll to replace Destiny

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    Nunu was asking if someone was recording, i told him ill just post from the replay on reddit

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 06:01 PM PDT

    Today i found out, that Herald will dance even if it is your Nexus that is getting destroyed

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    Top Esports vs. Victory Five / LPL 2020 Summer - Week 7 / Post-Match Discussion

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    LPL 2020 SUMMER

    Official page | Leaguepedia | Liquipedia | Eventvods.com | New to LoL


    Top Esports 1-2 Victory Five

    Victory Five end Top Esports' winning streak and claim the title of Unofficial World Champions!

    TES | Leaguepedia | Liquipedia | Website | Twitter
    V5 | Leaguepedia | Liquipedia | Website


    MATCH 1: TES vs. V5

    Winner: Victory Five in 27m | MVP: Weiwei (4)
    Match History | Game Breakdown

    Bans 1 Bans 2 G K T D/B
    TES nidalee ashe zoe galio renekton 45.8k 8 1 None
    V5 syndra varus ezreal orianna kassadin 55.4k 19 8 O1 I2 C3 C4 B5
    TES 8-19-14 vs 19-8-44 V5
    369 wukong 3 3-2-1 TOP 4-0-5 4 ornn Biubiu
    Karsa lee sin 2 1-3-3 JNG 7-0-11 1 graves Weiwei
    knight karma 2 2-3-5 MID 3-3-6 3 twisted fate Mole
    JackeyLove aphelios 1 2-4-2 BOT 4-3-8 2 kalista Samd
    yuyanjia nautilus 3 0-7-3 SUP 1-2-14 1 thresh ppgod

    MATCH 2: TES vs. V5

    Winner: Top Esports in 26m | MVP: knight (7)
    Match History | Game Breakdown

    Bans 1 Bans 2 G K T D/B
    TES nidalee graves thresh twisted fate zoe 50.4k 16 8 M1 I2 O3 O4 B5
    V5 syndra varus ezreal orianna wukong 40.8k 8 2 None
    TES 16-8-33 vs 8-16-19 V5
    369 ornn 3 0-1-10 TOP 3-5-0 3 renekton Biubiu
    Karsa trundle 1 1-1-10 JNG 1-3-5 2 volibear Weiwei
    knight cassiopeia 3 10-0-3 MID 1-3-4 4 sylas Mole
    JackeyLove kaisa 2 4-4-4 BOT 2-2-4 1 ashe Samd
    yuyanjia nautilus 2 1-2-6 SUP 1-3-6 1 karma ppgod

    MATCH 3: TES vs. V5

    Winner: Victory Five in 32m
    Match History | Game Breakdown

    Bans 1 Bans 2 G K T D/B
    TES nidalee graves thresh renekton leona 57.9k 11 5 C1 M3 B5 M6
    V5 syndra ezreal varus orianna kassadin 60.9k 17 8 I2 M4
    TES 11-17-18 vs 17-11-42 V5
    369 ornn 3 2-4-5 TOP 6-2-5 4 kayle Biubiu
    Karsa trundle 1 1-3-5 JNG 3-2-10 1 volibear Weiwei
    knight sylas 3 5-1-3 MID 3-3-7 2 twisted fate Mole
    JackeyLove kaisa 2 2-6-1 BOT 3-1-9 1 aphelios Samd
    yuyanjia nautilus 2 1-3-4 SUP 2-3-11 3 bard ppgod

    This thread was created by the Post-Match Team.
    We are looking for people to help out with all leagues (especially LPL). Please send a reddit message to lolpmtc with your email address if you are interested.

    submitted by /u/Alexicon1
    [link] [comments]

    Nisqy on facing Bjergsen: 'He figured out that if he doesn't carry, then TSM is sh*t. He's doing pretty well, also it's really exciting for me to play against him now.'

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    I'm Papaya Dreaming, League "Content" "Creator" - AMA!

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    Hello!

    Just gonna toss this out into the ether; I'm in a mood to communicate. A bit selfish and aggrandizing on my part to assume I matter much, but you know: nothing was ever gained for lacking the presumption of status.

    Anyways: I've been a part of the League subreddit community for about two, three years, and lurked for years before that. I remember when the subreddit was dominated by comedic League personalities and a special kind of "unshaped" culture. VVVortic, skype groups, Sky's take on female streamers, gaming houses in Australia, kennen mains with folders, well-received bronze to challenger streams, Blakinola, that bullshit ping applet, level two power spikes, Kayle can do it, ok, mod-free week, MF skin mental boom, appreciation threads, fucking appreciation threads, gyazo clips, whatever else.

    Despite the great many changes, I've been a good little cockroach--that required keeping up to popular events, so if you ask me a question about random LoL events, I have an okay chance of remembering.

    Feel free to ask me anything you want about League, the League community, or the culture surrounding either!

    submitted by /u/Papaya_Dreaming
    [link] [comments]

    Upcoming changes for 10.15

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    Riot Scruffy Tweeted the upcoming changes for patch 10.15

    10.15 Patch Preview.

    Starting to shape the worlds meta and focusing on counterplay for Aphelios/Yuumi. Full changes should be ready tomorrow.



    Image version of the changes: https://i.imgur.com/V1nZMTW.jpg



    >>> Systems <<<

    • Summoner Spellbook Nerf

    • Spellthief's Edge Buff


    >>> Nerfs <<<

    Note: We're tightening out thresholds in pro to get a more diverse meta for summer playoffs and worlds

    Aphelios

    • Intend to nerf turret ''spin up'' time (time before it shoots once activated)

    Ornn


    Lee Sin


    Tank Fiddlesticks


    Twisted Fate


    Thresh



    >>> Buffs <<<

    Skarner

    Q

    • Damage: 33-45% tAD >>> .15 tAD (+1-3% target's Max Health)

    • Empowered Bonus Damage: 33-45% tAD and +.3 AP >>> .15 tAD (+1-3% target's Max Health) +.3 AP

    • Empowered Buff duration: 4 >>> 5

    • Mana cost: 10/11/12/13/14 >>> 15

    • [REMOVED] Missile no longer loses travel speed after hitting enemies


    Swain

    Base stats

    • Movement Speed: 335 >>> 325

    P

    • Cooldown: 12-6 >>> 10

    • Now scales with CDR

    • [REMOVED] Mana restore

    Q

    • Cooldown: 10-4 >>> 9-3

    • Bolt angle: 10 >>> 8 degrees (narrower cone)

    • [NEW] Q bolts pass through champions

    W

    • Range: 3500 >>> 5500-7500

    • Damage: 100-300 >>> 80-240

    • Mana cost: 70-130 >>> 70-110

    E

    • Cooldown: 13-9 >>> 10

    • Mana cost: 60-80 >>> 50


    Shen


    Gragas


    Irelia


    Caitlyn


    Yuumi

    • Intend to buff P mana restore
    submitted by /u/MonstrousYi
    [link] [comments]

    Infographic - 10.14 Patch Notes Champions Performance

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    Aphromoo becomes the first LCS player to reach 3,000 regular season assists

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    This was mentioned on the BudLight League Lounge, and am suprised it hasn't been brought up anywhere else.

    In any case, I am happy that he's having a strong summer after 3 lackluster splits.

    submitted by /u/karansequeira
    [link] [comments]

    [Fanart] Spirit Blossom Kindred

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    I started this piece before I saw the official leaked design, so this is my interpretation and in my style.

    Image Gallery

    I really loved the aesthetic and I wanted to create a blossom version of Kindred. I wanted to represent lamb with a more benevolent version of a fox spirit, while wolf is more of a wild, demonized form!

    Rest of my work: Instagram Old Kindred piece I did before: Image

    submitted by /u/haranix
    [link] [comments]

    This game has the worst new player experience I've ever seen. What the heck is wrong with this community?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    New LoL player. Started to play after watching some streams and LCS and thought it would be really cool. What a mistake that was.

    First ever game is a 3v5 because the other 2 players are just dancing in our base. Meanwhile the other team has a Kayne and Tristana that went over 40 kills each and refused to end while our team refused to forfeit so it was a 50 minute game until I just quit.

    After that I invited a friend to help me out. I fed hard the next few games but he kept going like 30 and 6 and shit and was nice and giving me tips. Later I tried to play by myself again but every game is ruined. Everyone on the enemy team is crazy fucking good despite being the same level as me (I just hit level 10 this morning but there's level 6s dropping 30 kill games constantly) and every single game my team flames me to oblivion for builds and summoner spells and when I tell them I'm new they tell me to uninstall and kill myself because i'm ruining the game for them. I'm very sensitive so this always makes me feel terrible, I've even had people add me as a friend after a match to flame me for not being good even though I have like 10 hours in the game.

    Why is everyone like this? I wanna have fun with the game but I might just quit and stick to watching streams. Half the time the enemy team is nicer than my own teammates. :(

    submitted by /u/SensitiveGamer123
    [link] [comments]

    Our CRAZIEST Season Yet? | #LEC Newsflash Summer 2020 - Episode 1

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    Papaya asked me to draw his Fursona suplexing Teemo into the ground, so here it is...[Fanart]

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 06:52 PM PDT

    You all know /u/Papaya_Dreaming from this sub, he asked me to draw this so blame him: https://i.imgur.com/tLBEEcr.png

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Z0MBGiEF
    [link] [comments]

    Infographic - Patch 10.14 ADC Tierlist (99% ACCURATE)

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    It feels like the ranked system is designed to make you play as much as possible (so the chance you pay for skins increases). The only thing really keeping me playing this game is getting a higher rank, but it's designed to take too long and to be honest I'm burned out, aren't you?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    I'm only silver 2, but I have a 56% winrate over 120 games this season and 73% winrate on my main that I've played 40 games with.

    I'm not a great player, I have games where I do badly, but I would definitely climb over the course of many more games.

    But I'm burned out. Unless you're skilled way above your current rank, climbing takes forever. It's not that it's hard to climb, it just feels like a drag.

    submitted by /u/ano1418
    [link] [comments]

    LeTigress' interviews have actually been really good recently

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 04:34 PM PDT

    I just wanna point out what I think is a bright spot among the troubled LCS broadcast recently: LeTigress has been getting better and better.

    Over the last weekend, I found myself being surprised at how good her interview questions were multiple times; the went beyond the "how do you feel about this win" that we're used to in the LCS. Asking Contractz about his specific preparation for facing off against Blaber; asking Bjergsen about how he looks back on his career and where he feels like his leadership and adaptability come from; asking Zven about C9's mentality toward expanding their champion pools; and following up on all of those questions really well. She's been crafting surprisingly deep and informative interviews with the relatively short amount of time she's afforded.

    I've really been enjoying her interviews a lot lately. Shoutout to her.

    submitted by /u/AigisAegis
    [link] [comments]

    ARAM is actually a good gamemode and quite funny and enjoyable!

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 03:03 AM PDT

    I usually don't play ARAM, the most is like 10 or 15 games a year. A few days ago played one game because a friend invited me. I always thought of ARAM as something that doesn't make sense or silly gamemode with no purpose.

    I was totally wrong! After watching some reddit clips and talking about it with some friends, I realized i was wrong and its actually really funny and a good gamemode.

    I post this just to remind players that ARAM is good gamemode and should at least give it a try

    Edit: A lot of people have mentioned that Nexus Blitz is better and I agree, but remember that ARAM is permanent and is underrater by a lot of people. Happened to me that I thought ARAM was a waste of time but its really good! (Thats the purpose of this post). Still both gamemodes are really fun and nice!

    Edit 2: a) I loved reading everyone and talk about their opinions, really helped my day! b) Indeed some players might not see it fun at all, and its perfectly OK! As I mentioned before i was just saying that maybe you should give it a try, after all ARAM is not for everyone. For example, I started liking it but I will not become an ARAM player, maybe casually. (I think it depends on the player). c) It is true that some games are lost because of draft but I think that is part of the fun too. I mean, being challenged to a supposedly lost game and trying to defie that and win... Thats exhilarating!! (IMO). But it still true that its annoying to play against 3 poke champions and 2 tanks, Riot should definetly check the drafting system, maybe making it more similar between teams. CONCLUSION: ARAM is fun but not for everyone, enjoy the modes and game styles you like the best!

    submitted by /u/CanutoZach
    [link] [comments]

    Pantheon W QOL Change Idea

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    Pantheon W QOL Change Idea

    So, Pantheon is currently in a somewhat rough spot in solo lanes (in solo queue). His pick-rate is on the lower side and he falls off heavily late game. In patch 9.22 (due to his strength in competitive), Pantheon received some harsh damage and wave-clear nerfs as well as Shield Vault losing its bonus dash speed from boots. Much of Pantheon's late game utility lies within utilizing his W to peel/pick priority targets. However, after the 9.22 W dash speed nerf, Pantheon's late game has become even weaker as many meta champs can interrupt/cancel his W more reliably (Alistar, Lulu, Ahri, Fiora, etc). Nothing feels worse than to have your W cancelled to full CD in late game fights.

    S10 Pantheon Competitive Split statistics:

    Image from Gol.gg

    Suggestion: Now that Pantheon is no longer a competitive issue (he holds an under 10% presence between all major regions), it would be reasonable for Pantheon to have Shield Vault's dash speed to increase with boots once again. This small buff/revert would allow Pantheon to have a bit more impact in mid/late game fights without putting him over the top in competitive.

    TL,DR: The 9.22 nerf to Pantheon's W should be reverted to help Pantheon have more impact in Solo Queue during later game fights (where he struggles most).

    submitted by /u/Squalaaa
    [link] [comments]

    I love the fact that Ashe is the solution to playing against Aphelios.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    Ashe is this old, aesthetic champion with a clear concept, clear strength and clear weaknesses.

    Aphelios is new, huge outplay potential, high skill cap, way more flashy visuals.

    At first I thought that a champion like Ashe could never be meta when Aphelios is like the same but better (he can also engage + kite, but do so much more stuff).

    This probably also means that the balancing is doing a good job, even though it may took a bit too much time till other champions can coexist down there.

    gl hf

    submitted by /u/OLAAF
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment